bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 125.
#4802 4 years ago

I always enjoy Zach's comments about a game so I wish he would engage in the review. He should just say from the start that his review will only discuss what he really likes about the game or things he finds interesting (neither good or bad). That allows him to be totally honest without putting him in a difficult position as a distributor. Let Greg provide the negative comments when they are warranted.

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Third-ed.
It's not like its insider trading or something serious. Its pinball. We are talking about expensive toys. I agree that you should just have a disclaimer for the uninformed that you are also a vendor. You tended to "gush" over new titles before you were a vendor anyway. It's not "shilling". You just seem like an excitable guy who is really into his hobby (oh uh, disclaimer, it's also his livelihood)

Although, now that I think about it...there could be a problem the other way around, where his company is trying to sell a pin that he personally thinks isn't so great. Hard for him to do a video for flipNout where he says, "Come on down and buy the latest Stern!" but then on SDTM he says, "Man, this new Stern kinda sucks!" This crossed my mind specifically when it came to that new SW mini-pin that just got released. Its not the kind of machine that SDTM would probably devote a whole review to anyway, but I could see a conflict there between business interests and SDTM interests. So kind of anti-shilling in a way.

Just thought that might be another reason for Zach to not review machines, in case they're bad. Luckily, we live in an age where most new pinball machines are astoundingly good, when you really think about it. Prices maybe not so good, but sounds, music, rules, gameplay, are all pretty high for just about every machine that comes out now.

EDIT: Just saw Burley's post, and he has the right idea. I think we're of a similar mindset.

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Although, now that I think about it...there could be a problem the other way around, where his company is trying to sell a pin that he personally thinks isn't so great. Hard for him to do a video for flipNout where he says, "Come on down and buy the latest Stern!" but then on SDTM he says, "Man, this new Stern kinda sucks!" This crossed my mind specifically when it came to that new SW mini-pin that just got released. Its not the kind of machine that SDTM would probably devote a whole review to anyway, but I could see a conflict there between business interests and SDTM interests. So kind of anti-shilling in a way.
Just thought that might be another reason for Zach to not review machines, in case they're bad. Luckily, we live in an age where most new pinball machines are astoundingly good, when you really think about it. Prices maybe not so good, but sounds, music, rules, gameplay, are all pretty high for just about every machine that comes out now.
EDIT: Just saw Burley's post, and he has the right idea. I think we're of a similar mindset.

I've never heard Zach hate a game. He has had games he didnt give glowing reviews (deadpool, metallica) but he doesnt seem to be overly harsh on games he doesnt enjoy.
(Also Zach liked Houdini so.....lol)

#4805 4 years ago

I just saw your " Pinball cribs done right " episode . When I first saw the episode I did think he came off a bit cocky and arrogant . I haven't seen the series you were trying to emulate , but now explained , I understand where you were going . Besides us pinheads a lot of people don't know these games . I personally would like to see more about the room these games are in and maybe 30 seconds on each game and explaining any mods they might have . I love seeing people's collections and looking forward to seeing many more .

#4806 4 years ago

Pinball Expo 2019 This or That?

Elvira vs. Man-vira

Was that a part of the haunt cade?

1EE7D5FF-586A-42DA-8C32-68CC7D9C40AF (resized).jpeg1EE7D5FF-586A-42DA-8C32-68CC7D9C40AF (resized).jpeg
D73B4EB6-892B-432F-B6FE-FA7D75CFBE79 (resized).jpegD73B4EB6-892B-432F-B6FE-FA7D75CFBE79 (resized).jpeg

#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Pinball Expo 2019 This or That?
Elvira vs. Man-vira
Was that a part of the haunt cade?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Any reason to think Cassandra may be buying or getting an E3? Figured you had some time to chat her up and that might have come up. Hope you interviewed her for a future podcast. Can’t wait to hear it.

BTW she looks great, much better than you boys do.

#4808 4 years ago

NEW SDTM & THE WHOLE TEAM IS HERE!

The gang discusses and shows viewers the 2019 Chicago Pinball Expo

#4809 4 years ago

Awesome video! Great team!
Enjoyed it. Thx SDTM.

#4810 4 years ago

Another great episode. Thanks guys! I noticed that your podcast feed on itunes doesn't update anymore. Did you guys just decide it wasn't worth it to rip the audio and maintain a separate audio-only version?

#4811 4 years ago

@Greg

I think you said in your recent review of Jurassic Park that you were annoyed that the extra ball animation had a dinosaur that didn't fit with the franchise.

It is true that that dinosaur (armadillo type with swinging tale) was in a battle in Jurassic world, not Jurassic park but it DID briefly feature in Jurassic park 3 by the river bank when the boat was going by.

Yes, this is real geek sh#t.

Keep up the good work team SDTM.

#4812 4 years ago

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

Greg and Zach costume up to review Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Machine

Disclaimer: SDTM does not rate flapper gap and actually put effort into their show. The boys are in bed with Gary Stern and in the pocket of Big Pinballceuticals.

#4813 4 years ago

Oh and special thanks to James aka lodgingdolphin for helping us with the overview last second

#4814 4 years ago

The audio on this episode is PAINFUL

#4815 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Disclaimer: SDTM does not rate flapper gap and actually put effort into their show. The boys are in bed with Gary Stern and in the pocket of Big Pinballceuticals.

Great review, thanks a lot.

#4816 4 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

The audio on this episode is PAINFUL

Anything in particular?

#4817 4 years ago

Great episode - I enjoyed the costumes

B1A35A84-9892-4782-948C-89959E0FBBC2 (resized).jpegB1A35A84-9892-4782-948C-89959E0FBBC2 (resized).jpeg
#4818 4 years ago

Excellent choice for costumes (regardless of Den Den’s opinion). Made for a very enjoyable show.

#4819 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Great episode - I enjoyed the costumes[quoted image]

Perfection

Quoted from C_S_S:

Excellent choice for costumes (regardless of Den Den’s opinion). Made for a very enjoyable show.

Maybe if they ever make a Stranger Things pin we will dress up as the characters for the review

#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Anything in particular?

When things get loud you need compression. A good compressor will fix that

#4821 4 years ago

Good to see you guys back in the saddle! Zach, I thought it was a smart move when you started playing the role of MC and handed off the rating to someone else since you are unavoidably bias as a distributor. You literally feed your family by selling these games so naturally you won't give a negative rating. Neither would I!

#4822 4 years ago

Agree with Zach - I was surprised how nice the game shot. Played a number of games at Expo. It only took the first game or two and that was immediately apparent. I knew it would be good, but it shoots very, very, well. Full schwing .

#4823 4 years ago

Those costumes are epic! Shawiiiing....lmao. Good stuff guys.

#4824 4 years ago

ZMeny - also met your wife and chatted very briefly in JJ's party room at Expo. I didn't see Greg's mom though. Or at least nobody with vendor ID that said Greg's Mom on it.

#4825 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

ZMeny - also met your wife and chatted very briefly in JJ's party room at Expo. I didn't see Greg's mom though. Or at least nobody with vendor ID that said Greg's Mom on it.

That would be hilarious to see a woman with a name tag that says Greg's mom on it! I wonder if she knows that she's an internet sensation?

#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

Quoted from JWP72:

When things get loud you need compression. A good compressor will fix that

Great episode, great idea on Wayne & Garth! Gotta hand it too you ZMeny , you almost sounded like Wayne in a couple of the parts!

....but gotta agree, the volume was disproportionally too loud & shrill in the loud sections.

#4827 4 years ago

Funny shit boys! Funny shit.

#4828 4 years ago

Good stuff Greg and Zach! Just watched the last 2 episodes! Good to see the STDM team all meet one place. I'm glad you are rateing machines. Selling is going to be easy now. All the Timmeys are going to be lining up to buy now! Just add vagina muffs for the ears in the package. That way no ears get hurt.

#4829 4 years ago

Another Well made episode.
Thank you

#4830 4 years ago

Call Flip N Out, the newest Puppy Suprise distributor- Zach has all the latest and greatest puppies and accessories!

40AEA04B-C9D9-483A-8D9B-52380F04DE10 (resized).jpeg40AEA04B-C9D9-483A-8D9B-52380F04DE10 (resized).jpeg
#4831 4 years ago

Nice to see Zach giving reviews again!
Costumes were well done, but campy horror would have gone with the review better for this machine.

Can't wait for the next one.

3 weeks later
#4833 4 years ago

Hey Guys,
Thought i would give this post a little bump as there has been no action in a long while. Was kinda hoping to see a Thanksgiving special. You know Zack dressed as a turkey and Greg ready to carve him

#4835 4 years ago

Good video.

@ ZMeny - Hey, I was watching some football yesterday. When did you start playing quarterback for the Bears ? That guy kinda looks like you.

#4836 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Good video.
@ ZMeny - Hey, I was watching some football yesterday. When did you start playing quarterback for the Bears ? That guy kinda looks like you.

There is meny Zachs, but only one Zach Meny!

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Good video.

This wasn't the first Bears game you watched, where were you backing me up last year?

Quoted from C_S_S:

Eli Manning...no. Mitch Trubisky, yes.
[quoted image]

Dead ringer.

#4839 4 years ago

Sorry I gotta go with Eli Manning as Zachs twin. Both guys are close though.

d396a7881738a2cd8a7aef8049a7a01a-original (resized).jpgd396a7881738a2cd8a7aef8049a7a01a-original (resized).jpg
#4840 4 years ago

Nah - more like Trubisky (Da Bears - Flippin Out Footballs )
zach meny (resized).jpgzach meny (resized).jpg

#4841 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Nah - more like Trubisky (Da Bears - Flippin Out Footballs )
[quoted image]

With the helmet on him I will agree with you but with the helmets off I think he looks like Eli more.

#4842 4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Zach wearing a helmet on the next episode of SDTM .

#4843 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Zach wearing a helmet on the next episode of SDTM .

No he will wait until the next halloween show and dress up as Da Bears QB. Greg can be a cheerleader i guess.

#4844 4 years ago

I want to see Greg's Mom on an episode ! Referee. Can't wait a year to figure it out though.

Maybe it's a This or That - Zach : Trubisky or Eli

#4845 4 years ago

Helmets off...you just have to find the right angle.

0919_mitch_trubisky (resized).jpg0919_mitch_trubisky (resized).jpg
#4846 4 years ago

Yep - that's Zach. Same expression he had the first time somebody told him not to put ketchup on hot dogs.

#4847 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

With the helmet on him I will agree with you but with the helmets off I think he looks like Eli more.

I don't see any resemblance to Eli manning. Trubisky on the other hand is his doppleganger.

#4848 4 years ago

Man love is real!

#4849 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Man love is real!

Everybody loves Zach, how could anyone not? Well if I dont get my new IMDN topper soon maybe I wont anymore.

#4850 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Everybody loves Zach, how could anyone not? Well if I dont get my new IMDN topper soon maybe I wont anymore.

Dude you are suppose to be saving for that blank spot I left in your basement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/97?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.