bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 125.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was funny seeing Dennis K , I always pictured him as a chubby balding redhead guy with a beard - but there you go .

Well, you were so close.

#4752 4 years ago

Congrats on your 100th episode fellas. You are true pinball ambassadors in every way. Thanks for providing excellent info and entertaining shows. I think you really need to have Zach do one episode with Greg Bone’s mom though. That would be epic!!

#4753 4 years ago

***Brand Spanking New, Just Released***

Jurassic Park Pinball Machine Review

SDTM: a pinball show

Special Guests Ken Cromwell & Ryan C.

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Anyone here have a Jurassic Park or plan on getting one? What do you love? What would you love to see changed?

As always, thanks for the support Team SDTM!

#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Nice!

Been looking forward to this. I only have 7 or so games on a pro but I was impressed with the shots. Some of them looked nearly impossible but we're routinely makable...

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Anyone here have a Jurassic Park or plan on getting one? What do you love? What would you love to see changed?

I definitely want one of these in the future.

I love the shots. I haven’t had this much fun shooting a game in a very long time. Maybe since GOT first came out.

I would love to see more callouts to help the player know what to shoot next. Especially in the paddock modes. Less sharp contrast in some of the light shows. Makes it impossible to track the ball during certain moments.

#4757 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

As always, thanks for the support Team SDTM!

I second the lighting by Chuck comment, I do not like how it will black out completely during certain times. I like to play in the dark and I've drained a few times because of it, mainly during left inlanes, when the post doesn't hold up.

Great game overall, love the flow of it, will need to put more time on it to see if it's a keeper. Right sided shots are too tight, especially orbit...when I get frustrated I turn on my BM 66, which I can shoot better (not clunky Zach if you can hit your shots , but tight shots can get frustrating and I consider myself a fairly good player.

#4758 4 years ago

Raptor pit needs work, you can get I a real clunk coma on the right side, shot rejects
Right halfpipe, way more callouts needed, smart missile (or was that actually changed to something in the last update?), more code.
Fun game.

#4759 4 years ago

It is kinda funny getting a review from Greg at this point, the honeymoon is not over yet... shit, he is still in the marriage bed staring at the ceiling trying to catch his breath for the second round. There was no doubt it was going to get an at full mast Boner rating.

#4760 4 years ago

I think it's a good game, but I'm not going as far as saying it's the best shooter there is. Tight shots can ruin flow and no one wants a clunk fest, and can't use the shoot better excuse due to improper spacing. I think over time this will hinder it from being a great game. Will have my LE for a while, will see if it stays.

#4761 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I definitely want one of these in the future.
I love the shots. I haven’t had this much fun shooting a game in a very long time. Maybe since GOT first came out.
I would love to see more callouts to help the player know what to shoot next. Especially in the paddock modes. Less sharp contrast in some of the light shows. Makes it impossible to track the ball during certain moments.

You like that Pincinnati shirt love?

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Don’t be spoiling the show! I haven’t watched yet. I have a long drive home soon. I’ll listen then.

#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Great review! Can you share the DNA combo instruction card that you have include in the video?

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Great review! Can you share the DNA combo instruction card that you have include in the video?

EE4A26F2-68F1-44D0-AD3B-34FB70199566 (resized).jpegEE4A26F2-68F1-44D0-AD3B-34FB70199566 (resized).jpeg
#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

Thank you very much Chuck!

#4766 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just started watching. Excellent shirt choice.

#4767 4 years ago

Great review. Would love to see a followup addon review for the T-REX, Raptor, HeliSpinner when Greg get's the Premium.

#4768 4 years ago

From the moment Greg's Mom came in I wasn't able to process Any words of that review afterwards. XD

#4769 4 years ago

Haha, yeah Greg's mom is team Zach all the way.

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Haha, yeah Greg's mom is team Zach all the way.

Damn right she is

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I think it's a good game, but I'm not going as far as saying it's the best shooter there is. Tight shots can ruin flow and no one wants a clunk fest, and can't use the shoot better excuse due to improper spacing. I think over time this will hinder it from being a great game. Will have my LE for a while, will see if it stays.

I can understand that for sure. It’s not a game that flows like ST or any thing but I think when something is a little tighter it makes the flow and combos more rewarding.
I sold my Guardians because the shots were to tight coupled with that crazy left outlane. I loved the pin but it was just to frustrating for the most part.
JP is tough but I don’t get frustrated like I did with that pin. Well maybe the O shot when I’m going for CHAOS ha ha. I just think it’s unconventional shots and they take a little training your mind and learning the geometry.

#4772 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I can understand that for sure. It’s not a game that flows like ST or any thing but I think when something is a little tighter it makes the flow and combos more rewarding.
I sold my Guardians because the shots were to tight coupled with that crazy left outlane. I loved the pin but it was just to frustrating for the most part.
JP is tough but I don’t get frustrated like I did with that pin. Well maybe the O shot when I’m going for CHAOS ha ha. I just think it’s unconventional shots and they take a little training your mind and learning the geometry.

Which is exactly what Elwin was going for. He didn’t want you finding the shots right away. It takes a few games, but then it’s on like Donkey Kong. This game couldn’t be further from a clunkfest. Might be the best shooting game I’ve every played.

#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Which is exactly what Elwin was going for. He didn’t want you finding the shots right away. It takes a few games, but then it’s on like Donkey Kong. This game couldn’t be further from a clunkfest. Might be the best shooting game I’ve every played.

So I came home and played more JP, I take back everything from earlier I wrote. I tend to do this in games, Hobbit in particular, get frustrated early if I’m not on. Some games take a bit to settle in. But damn it all just came together. Right ramp in to tower ramp, helicopter ramp, and even right orbit. It was smooth as butter. And damn that spinner sound! Almost got 2 bil. Sometimes taking a step back and not over thinking and just getting into the right mindset, there is certainly no clunkiness in this game.

#4774 4 years ago

The boys are back!

#4775 4 years ago

ZMeny I think everyone agrees you should restart reviewing, in addition to your guest reviewers. We all miss your scores. Just embrace your 'shill' critics... Place your score in its' own special column where you add a disclaimer that if you give a lower score you sell less and your kids end up homeless...

#4776 4 years ago

We loved this one and laughed quite a bit guys. Thanks!

#4777 4 years ago

Is it too soon for a this or that JP v DP v Maiden?

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maiden so far

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not too early, that’s a good one. Are we talking pros, Prems, Les?

#4780 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Gotta go premium or LE. Full featured games.

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gotta go premium or LE. Full featured games.

Why not do both? I would be interested if the choices change.

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Why not do both? I would be interested if the choices change.

Because he asked an either or question. Haha

Of course doing all of them (all possible combinations), would be best. Get to work boys!!

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

DPLE

#4784 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's never too soon. I'd go DP, JP, IMDN in that order. The worst shooter wins because it's just light hearted awesome fun with incredible code.

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I'd like to hear pro vs pro and premium vs premium.

I am about the point in time where I could swing one addition game for my collection.

I have Maiden pro (but temporary holding it for my friend who has my Tron). I love Maiden pro but not had any time on Maiden premium.

Likewise I love DP and JP but had hardly any time on DP premium and no time on JP premium.

My most important criteria (in order)

-rules/code
-layout/shooting
-lighting/art/sound etc..
-theme (like them all the same)

I do not know a lot about the rules but it almost seems like DP has the least (shallowest) rules? Not sure (but DP seems like the more funny and light hearted of the three).

#4786 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Well, you were so close.

It's funny what your mind conjures up .

IMG_20191002_213421 (resized).jpgIMG_20191002_213421 (resized).jpg
#4787 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Two standard orbits and 2 ramps that return the ball directly to the flippers can get old after a while. I'm happy to see JP mixing it up with a unique layout.

#4788 4 years ago

Hey Zach, one of the most important aspects of a game to my wife and I is light show (RGB's, light show integration, using them for moments). When we watch your reviews we try and figure out where that fits in scoring. What category does this fit in? Is it not a consideration when you score because we never hear you talk about light show in your reviews. I think we've finally decided it goes into overall enjoyability.

#4789 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Hey Zach, one of the most important aspects of a game to my wife and I is light show (RGB's, light show integration, using them for moments). When we watch your reviews we try and figure out where that fits in scoring. What category does this fit in? Is it not a consideration when you score because we never hear you talk about light show in your reviews. I think we've finally decided it goes into overall enjoyability.

Greg and I have discussed this at length trying to figure out where light shows fit. In a similar manner, we understand that music and call outs are definitely separate categories. Thus far, we have concluded that adding more categories becomes a bit redundant and messy. Light show for now falls into ‘Innovation’ if lights are used in a new and interesting way, and into ‘Enjoyability’ if the light show really pulls you in. Same with theme integration, we see integration as a part of enjoyability, rather than ‘Theme’.

The review process will continue to evolve so changes could occur over time. I hope this answers your question and thank you both for caring about the process!

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Greg and I have discussed this at length trying to figure out where light shows fit. In a similar manner, we understand that music and call outs are definitely separate categories. Thus far, we have concluded that adding more categories becomes a bit redundant and messy. Light show for now falls into ‘Innovation’ if lights are used in a new and interesting way, and into ‘Enjoyability’ if the light show really pulls you in. Same with theme integration, we see integration as a part of enjoyability, rather than ‘Theme’.
The review process will continue to evolve so changes could occur over time. I hope this answers your question and thank you both for caring about the process!

We actually pause and give our letter grade before each category and guess what you guys will give.
Also, I thought it was Theme AND Integration in one. Thanks for clarifying that too.
Can't wait to see the Halloween special this year!

#4791 4 years ago

Yet another great episode guys. Always enjoy them. Jurassic Park will definitely be my next purchase

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd like to hear pro vs pro and premium vs premium.
I am about the point in time where I could swing one addition game for my collection.
I have Maiden pro (but temporary holding it for my friend who has my Tron). I love Maiden pro but not had any time on Maiden premium.
Likewise I love DP and JP but had hardly any time on DP premium and no time on JP premium.
My most important criteria (in order)
-rules/code
-layout/shooting
-lighting/art/sound etc..
-theme (like them all the same)
I do not know a lot about the rules but it almost seems like DP has the least (shallowest) rules? Not sure (but DP seems like the more funny and light hearted of the three).

I own all three and I’d say if you like the Maiden Pro there isn’t much more in the Premium. Deadpool and Jurassic Park are Premium/LE all the way. I’d say to rotate some of your older games out because it’s a hard choice between the three but if I could only chose two Maiden would go only because theme. I have your old Tron and I’m actually considering putting it up for sale because it doesn’t stand up compared these three.

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I own all three and I’d say if you like the Maiden Pro there isn’t much more in the Premium. Deadpool and Jurassic Park are Premium/LE all the way. I’d say to rotate some of your older games out because it’s a hard choice between the three but if I could only chose two Maiden would go only because theme. I have your old Tron and I’m actually considering putting it up for sale because it doesn’t stand up compared these three.

I have to disagree there. Between the ramp lift to start modes and the sarcophagus lock, the game feels more theatrical on the premium IM. Our local arcades all have pros, but everyone likes to come over and play my premium because it has just enough of a light show improvement and more moments. Also, I think the speakers in the premium are better (could be wrong). The shots also just feel better. I've noticed that shots feel better on a Deadpool premium too even though there's not much more in that one than the disco ball. Do they use better build materials in premiums or something?

#4794 4 years ago

Great show!

After seeing this episode for a couple of reasons i am now on team whatshisname!
Sorry Z!
U Freak!

1 week later
#4795 4 years ago

I really liked your new series pinball cribs .
Looking forward to seeing many more .

#4796 4 years ago

After watching both pinball cribs episodes I need......
A better job, bigger house, more liquor, better pinball machine or sell it all and go back to collect beanie babies. Wow I mean is that shock and awe or what!

#4797 4 years ago

NEW SDTM CARY HARDY

Modifying a Lifting Cart for Pinball Machines

#4798 4 years ago

Oh we are definitely about to kick this shit this Halloween!

#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

zmeny I think everyone agrees you should restart reviewing, in addition to your guest reviewers. We all miss your scores. Just embrace your 'shill' critics... Place your score in its' own special column where you add a disclaimer that if you give a lower score you sell less and your kids end up homeless...

I second this notion! We love the Zach reviews, and we all trust you buddy! Just put a little disclaimer, and you're good. We need our Z-man's input!

#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I second this notion! We love the Zach reviews, and we all trust you buddy! Just put a little disclaimer, and you're good. We need our Z-man's input!

Third-ed.
It's not like its insider trading or something serious. Its pinball. We are talking about expensive toys. I agree that you should just have a disclaimer for the uninformed that you are also a vendor. You tended to "gush" over new titles before you were a vendor anyway. It's not "shilling". You just seem like an excitable guy who is really into his hobby (oh uh, disclaimer, it's also his livelihood)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 300.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/96?hl=screaminsauce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.