bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 125.
#4551 4 years ago

Proposed game slogans for selling more JPLE with sexy Jeep topper ->

Fellas, grab your own balls and hang on!!

That sombitch inhales balls, but never swallows

Making pinball is hard, but Bone is harder

#4552 4 years ago

No word from Greg he must be tied up in a basement somewhere

IMG_20190728_202546 (resized).jpgIMG_20190728_202546 (resized).jpg
#4553 4 years ago

SDTM Episode 97: Stern’s Jurassic Park Pinball First Impressions

SDTM Greg is the biggest JP fan in pinball! Is he gonna buy or is he gonna pass? What are your thoughts on this dynamic new offering from Stern Pinball?

#4554 4 years ago

Man, I had no clue Mr. Bone was that much of a diehard JP fan, love the passion! I actually agree with a lot of what Greg said. Personally when I first saw pics of the game I was a little
Thrown off, mainly by the car. There is some resemblance but immediately I was struggling with the lack of “genuine” feeling.

I’m excited to try this pin, but being a person that grew up with JP and loved it. I too struggle with the partially disconnected art direction - don’t get me wrong it’s beautiful, but is it true JP?

But as I learned with JJP pirates, can’t judge a pin until it’s played as that can change a LOT. If the music, callouts, code and animations are on point. Great vid guys, the JP lair at Greg’s is hilariously awesome.

#4555 4 years ago

I am not a fan of movie clips on the screen. It's unimaginative and lazy. We're losing the awesome creativity of custom dots. IMO, dots and color dmd are the perfect combination.

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Episode 97: Stern’s Jurassic Park Pinball First Impressions
SDTM Greg is the biggest JP fan in pinball! Is he gonna buy or is he gonna pass? What are your thoughts on this dynamic new offering from Stern Pinball?

great show @zmeny!
i love that you took the time to match your commentary with so many animated screenshots! must have been hours of editing but it shows! one hour episode that was really entertaining and fun to watch, thanks!

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

great show zmeny!
i love that you took the time to match your commentary with so many animated screenshots! must have been hours of editing but it shows! one hour episode that was really entertaining and fun to watch, thanks!

I very much appreciate the recognition for that. Limited skills and editing resources but it’s important to me to create something that is nice to digest.

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

... it’s important to me to create something that is nice to digest.

No worries Chef Meny - SDTM is the junk food of pinball videos. Can't stop after just one!

This game's theme and artwork are a bit bland, but it looks like the gameplay might be a little zesty. Here's hoping anyway!

#4559 4 years ago

Love the videos, keep up the great work guys.

I'm pretty stoked on this one without being a JP SuperFan. I figured Greg would be crazy about Stern JP2 - I'm glad to see he's coming around on it now. Poor guy deserves something better to play than the original DE version and Lost World, LOL.

#4560 4 years ago

After Twitch feed, follow up needed from Greg!

What did Greg think of the video?

#4561 4 years ago

Totally agree.... Follow-up time

#4562 4 years ago

Greg is too busy freaking out right now to comment.

#4563 4 years ago

I am with Greg on the artwork but the game is so good that its insane. Stern is going to sell lots and lots of these games!

#4564 4 years ago

Can’t wait to flip this shit. Haha

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am with Greg on the artwork but the game is so good that its insane. Stern is going to sell lots and lots of these games!

I am in the same boat on artwork too. Artwork ok, but I thought it would look different too like Bone said. Does look like the game will shoot and play well from the stream. A combo of some easier shots and some harder ones with a good variety of shots to shoot for.

Playfield look reminds me a bit of a kids board game, but in person maybe it's snappier in appearance.

#4566 4 years ago

I think Jurassic Park looks fantastic, and I never ordered a game without some time on it first but can’t hold off any longer. I just preordered a Premium from Zach/Flip N Out. Fantastic conversation and great to work with. I’m happy to bring my business to a thoughtful and enthusiastic business owner.

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I think Jurassic Park looks fantastic, and I never ordered a game without some time on it first but can’t hold off any longer. I just preordered a Premium...

Good thing aboot the Prem is you'll have time to play the pro and if you're not feeling it just back out.

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

great show zmeny!

Yeah, great work Zach. You are a very busy man- thanks for all the work you put Into the podcasts, videos and streams

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I think Jurassic Park looks fantastic, and I never ordered a game without some time on it first but can’t hold off any longer. I just preordered a Premium from Zach/Flip N Out. Fantastic conversation and great to work with. I’m happy to bring my business to a thoughtful and enthusiastic business owner.

Pleasure was all mine. Love talking pinball and helping people get what they need. This game is already a hit! Now I want one now, cmon Stern!!! Haha

#4570 4 years ago

@ Greg, JP room tour please!!

#4571 4 years ago

Just some personal thoughts on JP...
-The shots, layout and mechs look amazing. The animations are on point and the coding looks like a lot of fun.
-My wife and I both think the artwork is horrendous. It's Oktoberfest bad really. You don't play the artwork, but looking at my Iron Maiden and ACNC, there are times when you just sit and look at the machine and this will not be one of them.
-Everyone hates the truck, but easily modded so no biggie.
-I think the T-Rex head looks awesome, my wife agrees with Greg that it looks cheap and needs to be redone. Possibly another easy mod?

If the artwork is so bad, the redeeming feature should be light show, but once again Stern is behind JJ and now even Spooky on light show. When are they going to get with the times and get full range RGB lights? I really thought this was going to be the one since they were supposedly pullout out all the stops.

Can't wait to play it, but will definitely have to play it before owning.

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

@ Greg, JP room tour please!!

I’m dying to see how f*@kN big of a JP fan he is too. It’s probably a pretty lame room, so we aren’t missing much.

#4573 4 years ago

As mentioned in prior accounting of Walmart trip, they have a few sizes of TRex toys made of hard plastic from JP and JW series. Head is almost exact size needed for the JP2 pin and it looks better. Will definitely need a tongue sticker after removing the tongue. Head could be custom painted to look more realistic. The head swings left to right and the tongue pushes forward on most models of toy.

926D3546-65E0-499A-BD58-C888A3E25ABA.jpeg926D3546-65E0-499A-BD58-C888A3E25ABA.jpeg

#4574 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I am not a fan of movie clips on the screen. It's unimaginative and lazy. We're losing the awesome creativity of custom dots. IMO, dots and color dmd are the perfect combination.

I totally disagree . A modern pin is made up of Audio Visual aspects plus play field gameplay and Cabinet art . If you're making a pin based on a movie I want to see some of the movie in it . You say you like dmd and then say colour adds to it , so obvious next step is to show the actual clips they're trying to represent . I'm sure when Gilligan's Island and Terminator 2 came out with the dmd's people said we don't need that we only need digital scoring and when digital scoring came out people would have said we only need analogue scoring , and when Gorgar came out we don't need speech in the game . I think the Hobbit and Batman 66 are the best integrated movie , TV themes and are totally enhanced by those movie TV assets . I can understand if a company can't acquire video and sound clips to go into their game but in a perfect world if you had the option you would take them if you could .

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yep!

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

... My wife and I both think the artwork is horrendous. It's Oktoberfest bad really. ...

Not a deal killer ... as long as its gameplay is Oktoberfest good!

#4577 4 years ago

So the bone provides his views on.......Kaneda first!!! wowzers.....it was a like hogan going to WCW!!

just joking of course although I do think it's funny zach won't go on that show. cmon now.

Bone - glad to hear you liked it. I share your views on weakness (art, call outs) but the latter we'll fix and the art I'll deal with. Premium ALL THE WAY

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So the bone provides his views on.......Kaneda first!!! wowzers.....it was a like hogan going to WCW!!
just joking of course although I do think it's funny zach won't go on that show. cmon now.
Bone - glad to hear you liked it. I share your views on weakness (art, call outs) but the latter we'll fix and the art I'll deal with. Premium ALL THE WAY

Although he "resonated" with Kaneda, he has since made amends with Zach by appearing on the latest TWIP podcast.

Such drama in pinball!

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Although he "resonated" with Kaneda, he has since made amends with Zach by appearing on the latest TWIP podcast.
Such drama in pinball!

Nice - I'll need to check it out.

I like saving podcasts for pinball trips as they make them go by so quickly.

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’m dying to see how f*@kN big of a JP fan he is too. It’s probably a pretty lame room, so we aren’t missing much.

Dude you will just have to come and see one day!

Quoted from delt31:

Ha ha Chris is the only one that wants to listen to me about JP at this point.
I’m hoping you can fix some of it! I’ll be your tester!

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Dude you will just have to come and see one day!

Ha ha Chris is the only one that wants to listen to me about JP at this point.
I’m hoping you can fix some of it! I’ll be your tester!

Hollywoodbone Greg are you planning to sell your Lost World once your JP2 arrives?

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hollywoodbone Greg are you planning to sell your Lost World once your JP2 arrives?

Nope not at all! First pin ever! It’s what got all of this started! Never leaving! I just need a DE JP to add to the line up!

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Such drama in pinball!

Kaneda always comes second to me muahaha. He did twip and sdtm then threw Kaneda a bone

#4584 4 years ago

I got a few games on it at ReplayFX, couldn’t hear much but fantastic shots. Really impressed by the pro and playing it in person really exceeded my expectations.

549F187F-9607-4CA2-8D37-09084E6A50DD (resized).jpeg549F187F-9607-4CA2-8D37-09084E6A50DD (resized).jpeg
#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I got a few games on it at ReplayFX, couldn’t hear much but fantastic shots. Really impressed by the pro and playing it in person really exceeded my expectations.[quoted image]

Bill would you say pro is ok? Or is premium the way to go?

#4586 4 years ago

Hollywoodbone - You really want to get a Pro and Upgrade to the Premium?
Since you need a shaker, and better Speakers anyway, why take that possible loss when you're selling your Pro to get the Premium and not getting an LE right away? The Price difference (if you include loosing 500$ - 1000$ when reselling that Pro) should tend to zero.

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

hollywoodbone - You really want to get a Pro and Upgrade to the Premium?
Since you need a shaker, and better Speakers anyway, why take that possible loss when you're selling your Pro to get the Premium and not getting an LE right away? The Price difference (if you include loosing 500$ - 1000$ when reselling that Pro) should tend to zero.

Are you kidding?
Random fans recognize Mr. Bone where ever he goes.
Bye the Pro autograph that bad boy and sell it to one of your masses.
Profits towards the Premium I say.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Are you kidding?
Random fans recognize Mr. Bone where ever he goes.
Bye the Pro autograph that bad boy and sell it to one of your masses.
Profits towards the Premium I say.

Lol.

#4589 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He doesnt like the art on the LE. I think its killer though...in a somewhat dark room its gonna be decent...! Sounds like a bad date, but seriously. I like the LE. Was playing ACNC earlier tonight with HD glass and thats another expense...check out the translight pics from the show, argueably the Mirrored BG is going to be fantastic. None of this crap matters if you only wanna play pinball!!!!! I like how they look too. Proud of what i have, even if its just a couple.

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Quoted from tbutler6:

He doesnt like the art on the LE. I think its killer though...in a somewhat dark room its gonna be decent...! Sounds like a bad date, but seriously. I like the LE. Was playing ACNC earlier tonight with HD glass and thats another expense...check out the translight pics from the show, argueably the Mirrored BG is going to be fantastic. None of this crap matters if you only wanna play pinball!!!!! I like how they look too. Proud of what i have, even if its just a couple.

I hopefully won’t take much of a loss if I don’t hang onto it long. I just don’t know if I can stand seeing it go to peoples homes and I’m sitting JPless! I agree the art on LE is really growing on me. Would really like the mirrored backglass!!!!!!

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Bill would you say pro is ok? Or is premium the way to go?

I’d take a pro home tonight and play it happily. Very interesting shots , I love the flip up ramps and the long shots. The pop up ball stops pause play and lets you enjoy what’s going on screen is very cool. However I know there is a premium that has a moving dinosaur. The raptors cage is very detailed on the pro and the Trex looks good as well. Definitely as solid of a pro as MET.

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I’d take a pro home tonight and play it happily. Very interesting shots , I love the flip up ramps and the long shots. The pop up ball stops pause play and lets you enjoy what’s going on screen is very cool. However I know there is a premium that has a moving dinosaur. The raptors cage is very detailed on the pro and the Trex looks good as well. Definitely as solid of a pro as MET.

really happy to hear. I have meetings until early PM otherwise I would be there to check it out. Going straight to the prem. Need that ball eating mech - it's JP! Already spending thousands - what the hell is another 1 or 2 haha and no second guessing.

#4593 4 years ago

"This (JP) is a generation's Star Wars "

I have to call this out. JP is entertaining but let's not get crazy here. It's not comparable to Star Wars on anything but a purely surface level.

Look forward to playing the machine though! And, as always, enjoy the episodes!

#4594 4 years ago

I wish Stern had put more features into SW as this pin has.

I edited the post because I don't know SW that well but just that the PF and shots look barren in comparison to Maiden or JP. While I don't think 3-4 flippers are essential they do add another 2-3 additional shots to the same area.

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wish Stern had put half the features into SW as this pin has.

Agreed, but at least they put double the code features as most games to offset it.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

"This (JP) is a generation's Star Wars "
I have to call this out. JP is entertaining but let's not get crazy here. It's not comparable to Star Wars on anything but a purely surface level.
Look forward to playing the machine though! And, as always, enjoy the episodes!

I agree. JP is better.

; )

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree. JP is better.
; )

+1!

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree. JP is better.
; )

i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing-16786928.pngi-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing-16786928.png
#4599 4 years ago

SW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JP

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

SW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JP

Star Wars is a Brutally Mean game and I love playing it Every time! Hopeful JP brings the same or similar rush.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 300.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/92?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.