bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 125.
#4501 4 years ago

I hate to change the subject, but what's up with this?

FlipFlop n Out Pinball

FlipFlopnOut (resized).JPGFlipFlopnOut (resized).JPG
#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

FlipFlop n Out Pinball[quoted image]

But he has those cool gloves to scream into when the game smashes his little piggies.

#4503 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

FlipFlop n Out Pinball[quoted image]

Looks like Bones will be playing with the "Beatles" yayaya

#4504 4 years ago

Somebody missed the boat at SDTM when they listed 10 top shots without defining nor spending time explaining what a top shot is. This is a brand new term to me and from what others are saying, there's a whole bunch of ideas out their as to what a top shot means.

A poster suggested one ignore code when picking a top shot. What?? Geometry, mechanics, software and the shot’s “significance” are my top criteria. Without considering software or significance, I could not choose. Many factors can go into defining a top pick that we should first explore what makes a top game for them.

I’d love another episode on top picks with an emphasis on education. I hate hearing myself ask ... but is Dennis available to dive deeper???

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

A poster above suggested one should ignore code when picking a top shot. What?? Geometry, mechanics, software and the shot’s “significance” are my top criteria.

Well one idea would be that software doesn't have anything to do with the shot itself and can inflate the importance.
When you finally hit a lock shot to score vacation jackpot or a simple scoop when rule the universe is lit can be a shot you've been waiting for for a long time and vary memorable; but a "best shot?"
How aboot if you ever actually collected all letters and spelled "Dialed In" (a monuments achievement), and then hit the Sim Card scoop would be like the greatest shot in your career...yet that shot is actually the worst shot in town!

Just an idea.

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well one idea would be that software doesn't have anything to do with the shot itself and can inflate the importance.
When you finally hit a lock shot to score vacation jackpot or a simple scoop when rule the universe is lit can be a shot you've been waiting for for a long time and vary memorable; but a "best shot?"
How aboot if you ever actually collected all letters and spelled "Dialed In" (a monuments achievement), and then hit the Sim Card scoop would be like the greatest shot in your career...yet that shot is actually the worst shot in town!
Just an idea.

that's exactly the kind of conversation we need to get the brainstorming started. Some shots are for the big points, but if the journey there was flawed or if there was no significance with the theme, I terminate those shots from my list.

The point is, one should establish a set of rules and criteria and convey them before discussing top picks. That is the only civilized way to approach it. This is not one of the same old lame topics everyone goes to. No man, this is new ground. With a framework to understanding Zach's madness, some of his picks may make sense. Zach may say he loves rules because that's what make a shot super and Greg might say a shot can't be best if it doesn't feel like it was a gift from the gods.

What makes a top pick? is worthy of a topic, BUT it would be fun to explore through Zach / Greg / Dennis / Others.

#4507 4 years ago

that's exactly the kind of conversation we need to get the brainstorming started. Some shots are for the big points, but if the journey there was flawed or if there was no significance with the theme, I terminate those shots from my list.
The point is, one should establish a set of rules and criteria and convey them before discussing top picks. That is the only civilized way to approach it. This is not one of the same old lame topics everyone goes to. No man, this is new ground. With a framework to understanding Zach's madness, some of his picks may make sense. Zach may say he loves rules because that's what make a shot super and Greg might say a shot can't be best if it doesn't feel like it was a gift from the gods.
What makes a top pick? is worthy of a topic, BUT it would be fun to explore through Zach / Greg / Dennis / Others.

Dennis wants nothing to do with SDTM haha

#4508 4 years ago

The point is, one should establish a set of rules and criteria and convey them before discussing top picks. That is the only civilized way to approach it.

Dude this is Indiana...there is no rules.

#4509 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude this is Indiana...there is no rules.

Umm yeah there is too helloooo!! Its a rule that you must wear a John Deere hat and cowboy boots and chew Red Man. Have you been living under a rock or what Mister?

#4510 4 years ago

I’d love another episode on top picks with an emphasis on education. I hate hearing myself ask ... but is Dennis available to dive deeper???

Quoted from ZMeny:

Dennis wants nothing to do with SDTM haha

Zach is correct.

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Zach is correct.

Well that’s a first.
Put your SDTM diving trunks on Dennis. The ones with pic of hosts Zach and Greg. The water is warm and it’s time to go deep.

#4512 4 years ago

Well that’s a first.
Put your SDTM diving trunks on Dennis. The ones with pic of hosts Zach and Greg. The water is warm and it’s time to go deep.

What you ask is beyond my power. With TWIP, there was at least a chance. Zach and Greg together, there is no hope for man or beast.

#4513 4 years ago

Pin Stadium! Pin Stadium! Get Cha Hot Pin Stadiums Here!!!

7E964DFC-FE11-419D-B37A-7590FCE71B43 (resized).jpeg7E964DFC-FE11-419D-B37A-7590FCE71B43 (resized).jpeg
#4514 4 years ago

Suggestion for this or that, Wonka Standard vs. Oktoberfest. $300 of separation between two new titles available NIB.

#4515 4 years ago

SDTM Cary Hardy is at it again in Part 3 of Saving Swords of Fury!

Will it turn on? Will it catch fire? Lionman?

#4516 4 years ago

Cary, I just picked up a SOF storage unit find 9 days ago and it had the same issue with the GI. It had to have the connector rebuilt. You might want to do the same.

received_2440124909364575 (resized).jpegreceived_2440124909364575 (resized).jpegreceived_855465851495899 (resized).jpegreceived_855465851495899 (resized).jpegreceived_1228274570688871 (resized).jpegreceived_1228274570688871 (resized).jpegreceived_2145717665726582 (resized).jpegreceived_2145717665726582 (resized).jpegreceived_344557173104410 (resized).jpegreceived_344557173104410 (resized).jpegreceived_405082530102341 (resized).jpegreceived_405082530102341 (resized).jpegreceived_1244536525720016 (resized).jpegreceived_1244536525720016 (resized).jpegreceived_606533986503715 (resized).jpegreceived_606533986503715 (resized).jpeg
#4517 4 years ago

What to do when you receive your new pinball machine and it’s damaged? NOOOO!!!!!!

PLUS, installation of The Mod Couple’s Willy Wonka Pinball Mod Collection!

#4518 4 years ago

Another this or that: Alice Cooper plus $500 (everyone adds at least a few upgrades) or Black Knight SoR Premium?

Also, love the damaged box video. Wish I'd had one when my box arrived damaged (first NIB).

#4519 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Cary, I just picked up a SOF storage unit find 9 days ago and it had the same issue with the GI. It had to have the connector rebuilt. You might want to do the same.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Guess I'm looking in the wrong place, a storage unit? In San Antonio? Why can't I ever be so lucky!

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Another this or that: Alice Cooper plus $500 (everyone adds at least a few upgrades) or Black Knight SoR Premium

alice + the money all day long.

#4521 4 years ago

SDTM Cary Hardy: Going Old School with EM Toledo Machine

#4523 4 years ago

Comparing it to the two EMs I've worked on, I would say that Toledo looks brand new in comparison. You can actually tell what color the wires are and all the relays seem to be labelled.

#4524 4 years ago

Man... I grew up in Toledo (Ohio, not Spain, although they are actual sister cities!) and i have always wanted to own this game. Cool throwback

#4526 4 years ago

Umm... why can't Zach review pinball machines? Yes he sells them...your point is? Oh I get it he ball gag you and make you buy the machine with pinstadiums at your face! No wait he is going to mind controll your ass into putting your hard earned money to buy a machine you didn't even want to buy! The two guys just reviewing machines that's all it was. Just saying.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Umm... why can't Zach review pinball machines? Yes he sells them...your point is? Oh I get it he ball gag you and make you buy the machine with pinstadiums at your face! No wait he is going to mind controll your ass into putting your hard earned money to buy a machine you didn't even want to buy! The two guys just reviewing machines that's all it was. Just saying.

Of course he could review machines if he wants to, the issue is that his opinion might not be taken as seriously because he has a conflict of interest. It's pretty obvious to see that if he has a product to sell, he is probably not going to bash it. It's nothing against Zach specifically, any distributor would have the same issue. It would be like asking Jack Danger to review a Stern machine, he works for Stern so he's probably not going to give a negative opinion of a game even if he honestly doesn't like it.

#4528 4 years ago

***NEW EPISODE***

SDTM Episode 96: 2019 Pinball Mid-Year Review

We discuss pinball machines released in 2019 and what’s to come in the second half of the year. Hilarious stories, comedy, and inappropriate language also included, free of charge.

#4529 4 years ago

Bone....mark walberg???? markie mark? Hilarious. Also unbelievable that he was your first actor choice

#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Bone....mark walberg???? markie mark? Hilarious. Also unbelievable that he was your first actor choice

Holy crap Delt targeted Bone?!?!?! I’m with ya Delt, he’s good but cmon

#4531 4 years ago

Greg looked awfully happy with a wonderful smirk on his face when you all were discussing the “possibility” of sterns next game. I think someone knows something we don’t!

#4532 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Holy crap Delt targeted Bone?!?!?! I’m with ya Delt, he’s good but cmon

Your reaction was literally perfect. I thought he was joking. The fact he picked him first really makes you think!

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Greg looked awfully happy with a wonderful smirk on his face when you all were discussing the “possibility” of sterns next game. I think someone knows something we don’t!

Maybe you know what we don’t......hmmm

#4534 4 years ago

Has he trademarked "magna catch" yet?

#4535 4 years ago

Gary Oldman is really good and does all kinds of different stuff.

Even though he hasn’t been in a lot that I’ve seen, I like Javier Bardem a lot(No country for old men, pirates, mother, 007, etc)

#4536 4 years ago

Speaking of Stern’s next game. I just visited them yesterday and saw Jaws as a code name. Could that be code for the next game? Not sure it has applied to anything previously, but that could be Jurassic world. Hard to tell anything else about it as it was the heading on some drawing for a wire harness.

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Speaking of Stern’s next game. I just visited them yesterday and saw Jaws as a code name. Could that be code for the next game? Not sure it has applied to anything previously, but that could be Jurassic world. Hard to tell anything else about it as it was the heading on some drawing for a wire harness.

Need a good pro model. For us less unfortunate corporate slaves.

#4538 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jaws?

Screenshot_20190720-133121_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190720-133121_Google (resized).jpg
#4539 4 years ago

Featuring groot multiball?

#4540 4 years ago

Curious why ACNC wasn't part of the 1H'19 summary. Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I thought these started shipping in Feb/March? Doubly curious why Danesi part deux was not mentioned for potential 2019 contender.

The Shorty's story was hilarious. The Jupiter Bar has excellent sandwiches. Too bad Greg didn't ask for food there.

#4541 4 years ago

The hotdog story was great and Greg made the right call. Years ago me and couple of buddies where on trip to Japan, it was right in the middle of the SARS outbreak so its going back a while now. My wife worked for the airlines and hooked us up with a free flight, so it wasn't really a trip. It was more of a bender. We flew in on like a Thursday night drank till Sunday and got on a flight home. Somewhere early on in this debauchery my buddy spies this weird Japanese seafood hotdog on the rotisserie. Fast forward to sometime near the and we end up back in this same place and in a drunken fog he decides he is going to eat the hotdog. The girl working there is mortified and is desperately trying to explain that it has just been forgotten and should not be eaten. Us being a group of tall gaijin (kinda foreigner in Japanese) and drunk as shit get our way and he eats it. I would say within an hour he is incredible hulk fucking green, I know people say you look a little green but I had never seen it actually happen. I honestly thought he was going to die. He was in the fetal position in the bottom of a shower while his body evacuated all contents. We cleaned him up and had to basically Weekend at Bernies him through the airport drunk as shit in the middle of a virus out break. I can't believe he didn't die and we made it home to Canada. Lesson learned do not fuck with rotisserie hot dogs in strange places.

#4542 4 years ago

Love that you guys referenced Dont Be a Menace. Been talking with a buddy about making a homepin to that game. Could be an instant hit

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Curious why ACNC wasn't part of the 1H'19 summary. Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I thought these started shipping in Feb/March? Doubly curious why Danesi part deux was not mentioned for potential 2019 contender.
The Shorty's story was hilarious. The Jupiter Bar has excellent sandwiches. Too bad Greg didn't ask for food there.

Acnc was last year and recognized then in the yearly TWIPY awards. We love it though if you didn’t see our review. Danesi Deux was an oversight on our part. We are beyond excited to see and play what he is developing.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Love that you guys referenced Dont Be a Menace. Been talking with a buddy about making a homepin to that game. Could be an instant hit

That threw me, I was thinking this isn’t Menace II Society.

#4545 4 years ago

I can’t believe we haven’t heard from Greg regarding today’s developments. How soon until he gets it Zach?

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

I can’t believe we haven’t heard from Greg regarding today’s developments. How soon until he gets it Zach?

Greg is still pinching himself and bouncing off the walls. Plus he's posting SW pro for sale.

#4547 4 years ago

Is it even possible he doesn’t know?

#4548 4 years ago

Oh he knows and you all will get his take every soon. He loves this theme more than he loves his beer

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

He loves this theme more than he loves his beer

What about George Gomez? Does he love it more than he loves him also?

08281f2091ffd57260fe61df265345c6d0da0c86.jpeg (resized).jpg08281f2091ffd57260fe61df265345c6d0da0c86.jpeg (resized).jpg
#4550 4 years ago

now that’s a sexy Jeep!
ED8ADD2E-7617-4584-8062-77A315F8CDEB.gifED8ADD2E-7617-4584-8062-77A315F8CDEB.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/91?hl=vpv1rgin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.