bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 125.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You asked for it, so you shall receive.
SDTM Episode 44: Alien Pinball Machine Review
» YouTube video

Great vid as always. But... a "B" for theme??!

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Great vid as always. But... a "B" for theme??!

B- hahaha

#403 6 years ago

You got another subscriber!

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not even in the film clips or callouts?

Listen for me she has nothing to do with why I love Alien, the films or video games or pinball machine, she played the part well I'll say that and I'm certainly a fan.

thXIZG23VR (resized).jpgthXIZG23VR (resized).jpg

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Listen for me she has nothing to do with why I love Alien, the films or video games or pinball machine, she played the part well I'll say that and I'm certainly a fan.

Fair enough haha

#407 6 years ago

I'm a little guy, 5'7" and love tall women it just fits so well. High heels and they tower over ya, I love it but then again I love shorty's too and mid size, thick, thin, blond, bru.....sorry.

sigourney-weaver-1983-eating-a-hotdog-in-los-angeles-douglas-kirkland (resized).jpgsigourney-weaver-1983-eating-a-hotdog-in-los-angeles-douglas-kirkland (resized).jpg

#408 6 years ago

This looks like a game I will have to visit a lot before pulling the trigger.
Hope one show up near me so I can put some time in on it.

To me its a very interesting layout but the total package just doesn't call my wallet yet.

#409 6 years ago

Once you sink some time into it, you'll be hooked. Such a refreshing game. Take a look at my history with games and you will see my attention span is limited. This game has impressed and is sticking around.

#410 6 years ago

I think your theme rating should take integration into consideration more than just personal preference of the chosen theme. Agree omission of Sigourney weaver is a factor, but not sure that should so adversely affect your theme rating. Just my unsolicited 2 cents. Big fan of your show.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I think your theme rating should take integration into consideration more than just personal preference of the chosen theme. Agree omission of Sigourney weaver is a factor, but not sure that should so adversely affect your theme rating. Just my unsolicited 2 cents. Big fan of your show.

I hear ya. I would argue that while I did express my personal preference it came down to missing the lead character which in my book kills a theme. Love the dialogue. Cut scenes of weaver from the film using the three lcds is a must to make theme whole

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I hear ya. I would argue that while I did express my personal preference it came down to missing the lead character which in my book kills a theme. Love the dialogue. Cut scenes of weaver from the film using the three lcds is a must to make theme whole

No that would break the immersion that you are ripley!! Zach - it's time to start believing!

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No that would break the immersion that you are ripley!! Zach - it's time to start believing!

Ha ha Delt I agree.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha Delt I agree.

You guys do not really believe that do you? If you were playing the game as Ripley when you beat a mode or progress through certain areas you should be responding to the other characters in the movie as Ripley. For whatever reason they couldn't get the license and that does take away from the game some. It would be like playing IJ and not having Indy on the playfield or his call outs and saying, well you are playing as Indy so it's fine.

It doesn't kill the game by any means but it's definitely not a positive. I'm with Zach on this one. Get the full license or don't mess with it.

#415 6 years ago

I completely believe it. It feels very natural. I'm an owner so talking from experience. Not sure if you've played for an extensive period of time but once you do you might understand

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I completely believe it. It feels very natural. I'm an owner so talking from experience. Not sure if you've played for an extensive period of time but once you do you might understand

I've got maybe 15 or so plays on it so not a lot. I'm not saying that their approach doesn't work. They did the best the could to implement the game without Ripley. It's a big missing component for me though. A lot of people probably won't care but sounds and full character licensing is what can make a game great. For the price of new games I shouldn't have to settle for missing elements of the movie. Just my opinion and that along with price is why I'm not getting a POTC or gotg either.

#417 6 years ago

No I totally get your point and can see why people would complain about it. For me it just works

#418 6 years ago

It definitely works well enough for me to own at some point, exciting machine to play. That and manufacturer support are my only issues on Alien.

#419 6 years ago

Good show but you skipped a category....LCD Display Effects (or dots as they were called in the olden days.)

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Good show but you skipped a category....LCD Display Effects (or dots as they were called in the olden days.)

Worth thinking about I suppose thanks

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Worth thinking about I suppose thanks

I think it's only going to get more important. With everyone going full color screens, it would be nice to know your guys opinion on how they rank. You could do an episode just on that. Rank them all.

#422 6 years ago

Game looks interesting for sure...definitely unique. The actual cab design is a huge eye sore. I wish they would abandon this whole swapping games thing and go with a more traditional cab design. That Alien artwork all over the sides of the cab and backbox would look amazing.

Great review once again guys! Very entertaining.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Game looks interesting for sure...definitely unique. The actual cab design is a huge eye sore. I wish they would abandon this whole swapping games thing and go with a more traditional cab design. That Alien artwork all over the sides of the cab and backbox would look amazing.
Great review once again guys! Very entertaining.

Our sincerest thank you Pipes

#424 6 years ago

b- for the xmas sweater!

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

b- for the xmas sweater!

I knew you were my guy hahaha.

#426 6 years ago

Zach and Greg, sorry for being daft, but where do we send the code words once we get all of them?

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Zach and Greg, sorry for being daft, but where do we send the code words once we get all of them?

Hey Eric just message us in here or Facebook! Facebook is preferred

#428 6 years ago

Great review. I concur on all fronts. Did you guys try and nudge this beast?? I played one a bunch at the CLE PIN show and felt like I needed tommy John surgery afterwards. Haha. Definitely tweaked my elbow.

#429 6 years ago

Check out SDTM’s Chuck Wurt give his Ultimate Game of Thrones pinball Tutorial Part 2. Keep your eyes peeled for Part 3 Coming Soon!

1 week later
#430 6 years ago

SDTM Episode 45: Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Machine Review

Link fixed! Sorry guys

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yes! Something to keep me entertained at work today.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

» YouTube video

doh (resized).jpgdoh (resized).jpg

#433 6 years ago

Did they take it down? Was it negative? Stern strong-arming the press, or random glitch?

I know, most likely removed for some minor updates, but looking forward to seeing this!

#434 6 years ago

Black SUVs pulled up in front of their houses after this was posted. STDM crew has been MIA ever since.

Jody and Gary are the new hosts of SDTM now, and their new review of Guardians will be up shortly.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Did they take it down? Was it negative? Stern strong-arming the press, or random glitch?
I know, most likely removed for some minor updates, but looking forward to seeing this!

Quoted from DeeGor:

Black SUVs pulled up in front of their houses after this was posted. STDM crew has been MIA ever since.
Jody and Gary are the new hosts of SDTM now, and their new review of Guardians will be up shortly.

Hahaha. Sorry guys for some reason the video uploaded in VHS video quality so I had to reupload it. Seeing Greg’s facial expressions in low-res is not what SDTM is about.

#436 6 years ago

"there are so many bricked shots.... it just kind of kills some of it", "super challenging", "tight shots", "there is not enough flow", "need supreme accuracy to get any kind of flow"

These are among the reasons I dislike this game. I guess it translates to me not being a good enough player, but I played the game 10 times and bricked a ton of shots, got very little going, no flow, and it just wasn't fun. I have a blast with Iron Man and I like Metallica, so there is something over the edge with the game shot tightness that makes me not like it.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

"there are so many bricked shots.... it just kind of kills some of it", "super challenging", "tight shots", "there is not enough flow", "need supreme accuracy to get any kind of flow"
These are among the reasons I dislike this game. I guess it translates to me not being a good enough player, but I played the game 10 times and bricked a ton of shots, got very little going, no flow, and it just wasn't fun. I have a blast with Iron Man and I like Metallica, so there is something over the edge with the game shot tightness that makes me not like it.

Valid opinion. I’m glad it separates itself from Metallica for better and worse

#438 6 years ago

Enjoyed the episode, my two cents GotG is the Anna Kournikova of pinball. She sure looks good but doesn't really play that well.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Enjoyed the episode, my two cents GotG is the Anna Kournikova of pinball. She sure looks good but doesn't really play that well.

#440 6 years ago

So Zach I have a question for you. Since you said the terrible voice acting/call outs don't bother you, but not having Ripley in Alien does.....how would you feel if Alien had Ripley, but with a terrible voice actor doing her lines?

#441 6 years ago

Love your show, love you guys. Been watching since the start. But this review felt like Stern fanboy review. You rated code way higher than it should be, IMO.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Now that is clever .... point Dascot haha

Quoted from Stosel:

So Zach I have a question for you. Since you said the terrible voice acting/call outs don't bother you, but not having Ripley in Alien does.....how would you feel if Alien had Ripley, but with a terrible voice actor doing her lines?

What a great point. Hard to argue that, but I will haha. If they had ripley video and stand in voice actor I would be happier than them pretending she never existed. She is the film. While, GOTG doesn’t hang itself on a single actor as the star like Alien

Quoted from adamross:

Love your show, love you guys. Been watching since the start. But this review felt like Stern fanboy review. You rated code way higher than it should be, IMO.

Much love Adam I appreciate the honesty in your response man honestly. I am a fan of many Stern machines. I am equally a critic of their sub-par, down-right bad machines. No worries of me being a fanboy, but I will never gloss over exceptional work without giving praise. Sometimes these guys hear only critique which isn’t fair. Reminders are good though for us to keep our views in check and true. Thanks for being with us since the beginning. Good talking points.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Much love Adam I appreciate the honesty in your response man honestly. I am a fan of many Stern machines. I am equally a critic of their sub-par, down-right bad machines. No worries of me being a fanboy, but I will never gloss over exceptional work without giving praise. Sometimes these guys hear only critique which isn’t fair. Reminders are good though for us to keep our views in check and true. Thanks for being with us since the beginning. Good talking points.

You keep it real like I do Zach, that’s what I like about you!

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Certainly not Stern fanboys ha ha!!! It may have deserved a bit lower....possibly a C? But it’s still coded better then a lot of pins even this early on! Even though I don’t think wizard has been coded!

#445 6 years ago

Another excellent review.

#446 6 years ago

Great Review guys.....just as I've about decided to sell my MMR on to a new home to find a HUO TRON instead of a GOTG you guys make me reconsider......arrrgghhh.....

#447 6 years ago

I thought it was a good review also and fair. Heck, you even justified why you were reviewing it with the current code and left the door open to go back to review it again. Can't get much more fair then that.

#448 6 years ago

another great video guys, can't wait to see the new shirts.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Great Review guys.....just as I've about decided to sell my MMR on to a new home to find a HUO TRON instead of a GOTG you guys make me reconsider......arrrgghhh.....

At this point Tron before guardians unless you are in love with the theme. Then again if I were you I may wait until rumblings of 2018 vault by Stern just in case

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

At this point Tron before guardians unless you are in love with the theme. Then again if I were you I may wait until rumblings of 2018 vault by Stern just in case

I agree Zach, heard the same rumblings, so I've been patient. TRON has so many aftermarket toy options on top of a fantastic pin as is, including now a second LCD. Besides, there are worse things than holding on to an MMR a while longer....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.