bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 125.
#4401 4 years ago

Well... Apparently I have 2 pins that list in the top 10... And I might be getting a ghostbusters soon... Soooooooo...
Your list is GARBAGE!!!!
Pure trash. Do you guys even play pinball?????

Just joking. And honestly I don't feel like I could compile a list of top shots as I just haven't played on enough. Nice video. Thanks for updating.
Keep it going guys.

#4402 4 years ago

I’d say the loop shot in The Getaway is better than Iron Maiden but that’s splitting hairs. Fun episode!

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’d say the loop shot in The Getaway is better than Iron Maiden but that’s splitting hairs. Fun episode!

You keep more time on Maiden. It is almost warp level satisfaction

#4404 4 years ago

- Right 'ORBS' shot to magnet on Centaur to start multiball
- Centre target bank to left lane spinner on Quicksilver
- In-line drop targets shot on Paragon

#4405 4 years ago

Zach...Zach...Zach: Zen shot???? ZEN SHOT???? ZEN SHOT!?!?! IT'S THE GEM SHOT!!!!! Good Grief Zach, what are we going to do with you????? And it should be on the list *TWICE*: Once off the TRON bank and once as the Quorra/Gem combo!!!

....just busting your Chromium Spheres Zach!!!

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Zach...Zach...Zach: Zen shot???? ZEN SHOT???? ZEN SHOT!?!?! IT'S THE GEM SHOT!!!!! Good Grief Zach, what are we going to do with you????? And it should be on the list *TWICE*: Once off the TRON bank and once as the Quorra/Gem combo!!!
....just busting your Chromium Spheres Zach!!!

Haha I always mess that up that’s on me. And I agree the bank shot on the pro is one of my favorite and for me should be in there. Thanks for the reminder and congrats on the win In last nights SDTM stream

#4407 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Haha I always mess that up that’s on me. And I agree the bank shot on the pro is one of my favorite and for me should be in there. Thanks for the reminder and congrats on the win In last nights SDTM stream

Yikes... He's one sour... Kraut... See what I did there?!

#4408 4 years ago

I think my favourite shot is the monster fish hurry up shot on Fish Tales.
Crank the ramps to reach monster fish and slam it straight up the left orbit through the spinner and a solid clunk when it reaches the kick out hole for maximum hurry up bonus.

Take that you monster fish you!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHH
s-l1600-41-6 (resized).jpgs-l1600-41-6 (resized).jpg

#4409 4 years ago

How about the Godzilla ramp shot on, uh, Godzilla?
NOW we're having fun! Love that shot. I have no reason why.

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

monster fish hurry up shot on Fish Tales

+1
(he means to say)

"Thanks for the shot, Steve Ritchie!!!" (Firepower)

But yeah, adding the hurry-up, makes it more exciting for sure.
-mof

#4411 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

How about the Godzilla ramp shot on, uh, Godzilla?
NOW we're having fun! Love that shot. I have no reason why.

Because it’s a damn nice ramp shot. I’m with ya.

#4412 4 years ago

Ok so this one is not game specific but worth mentioning. Any game that has an add a ball included in the multiball. You drain yoir multiball down to one ball but hit the add a ball at the very last second and get your multiball going all over again. (Metallica is a good one for example. Shooting the snake's mouth and getting all your balls back)

#4413 4 years ago

Haven't looked at this thread in a little bit and just got caught back up. I would say ACNC is smooth shooting but tight. I'm not sure why so many people insist on being rewarded for missed shots with tiny stand up targets but to each their own. I would say it's Spooky's best game by a decent margin and I'd call it a solid B.

As for the team Greg verses team Zach. People may line up with team Greg but they watch because of team Zach. The most popular things that people watch or listen too always have something you like and something to get you worked up about. Sorry Greg, but views would plummet if Zach wasn't there to bring out the online stalker in some of these guys. It's the combo of both that makes it special.

The top 10 shots list is awful, that's as nice as I can put it. You 2 have terrible tastes in pinball..... lol

#4414 4 years ago

I know it is not a single shot, but comboing the ramps on Iron Maiden has to be one of the most satisfying pinball shots I have experienced. When you nail a left, then the right, it definitely pumps you up... then if you nail another ramp shot it feels amazing.

But totally agree that most satisfying single shot in pinball I have experienced is the Warp Ramp shot on Star Trek - am glad to own one!

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Haven't looked at this thread in a little bit and just got caught back up. I would say ACNC is smooth shooting but tight. I'm not sure why so many people insist on being rewarded for missed shots with tiny stand up targets but to each their own. I would say it's Spooky's best game by a decent margin and I'd call it a solid B.
As for the team Greg verses team Zach. People may line up with team Greg but they watch because of team Zach. The most popular things that people watch or listen too always have something you like and something to get you worked up about. Sorry Greg, but views would plummet if Zach wasn't there to bring out the online stalker in some of these guys. It's the combo of both that makes it special.
The top 10 shots list is awful, that's as nice as I can put it. You 2 have terrible tastes in pinball..... lol

Hahaha Gentry the last part was my favorite. Can we at least agree on the shadow and swpremle?

#4416 4 years ago

Check out this video for the upcoming Epic Outdoor Stream going down THIS FRIDAY, come hang out, and you may win one hell of a prize! I’ll be there showing off my mad pinball skills, or lack thereof.

Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hahaha Gentry the last part was my favorite. Can we at least agree on the shadow and swpremle?

Eh, if you are going with TS you got to go with the upper flipper orbit or comboing the diverter ramps (just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's not awesome). You picked at best the 4th best shot on the game. I like the SW premium shot a good bit even though it is a bit finicky. Not sure it would make my top 10 though. I'm with TheLaw on the MB shot. If you are dead set on a sweeping shot that turns into a wire form isn't the right orbit on CV a million times better? I'd have to think about it a good amount but I think my top 10 might include 3 of your shots lol. It's just an opinion and all in good fun though.

#4418 4 years ago

Just saw the top 10 amazing shots video. I love the idea. My head shook the entire time b/c the shots selected ranged from ok to awful EXCEPT for the #1 shot which you guys nailed - that sweet sweet warp speed shot. Love that shot. Otherwise, I'll just leave it with this.

Ghostbusters Pro right ramp.

wow.

Enjoyed the entire video - fun to watch. Keep it up. Cheers.

#4419 4 years ago

Yeah. The right ramp on GB pro might be the worst ramp ever designed in pinball.

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. The right ramp on GB pro might be the worst ramp ever designed in pinball.

It's got to be close, it's so unsatisfying for me. The premium/le is much better but still not that great. I found the center ramp on Thunderbirds to be pretty terrible but it wasn't the upgraded ramp so maybe it's a small notch above GB now lol.

#4421 4 years ago

Zach you are 100% correct about the spinner shot on Meteor. It's got to be one of the funnest and most satisfying shots in all of pinabll!

#4422 4 years ago

Zach I just heard TWIP Podcast and that story you told about your daughters birthday party. Wow. I have a daughter as well and I've been there before - although not as bad....and it's painful. PAINFUL. Sorry man that sounded like a nightmare

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

(Gasp) You serious Clark?

It’s as bastard I’ll give ya that, but feels damn good when you hit it during PKE or Gozerian mode

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

(Gasp) You serious Clark?
It’s as bastard I’ll give ya that, but feels damn good when you hit it during PKE or Gozerian mode

No it doesn’t. Dwight did a good job coding that mess of a ramp, but nothing can save that horrible design.

The only reason that shot has any merit is from code.

Now the millions plus on funhouse? Yeah that’s a shot worthy of the list. Might be my #1. Total package. Not too easy, not too difficult, kinetic satisfaction, coded perfectly.

#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Check out this video for the upcoming Epic Outdoor Stream going down THIS FRIDAY, come hang out, and you may win one hell of a prize! I’ll be there showing off my mad pinball skills, or lack thereof.
Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

I'll be curious to see who wins best illumination in this outdoor match: pinstadium lights or the sun?

#4426 4 years ago

My brain instantly deleted the memory of GB bisexual ramp on the list. That's how you get hits on the internet folks.

#4427 4 years ago

No shots at all on the top 10 that involve going through the pop bumpers? Personally my favorite is the Congo right ramp shot for the jackpot, but even Iron Maiden's was satisfying.

Also, the Devil's Triangle (far left lane) on JJP POTC is such a tough little shot but so good when you hit it.

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Personally my favorite is the Congo right ramp shot for the jackpot...

If they had done it correctly and made that the SJ then I'd be with you

#4429 4 years ago

Top 10 Shots episode made a great topic and wish I could have read viewer's suggestions. Had trouble defining what makes a shot a top shot and maybe you can spend more time on that in the future. Finally decided to use my gut rather than a formula to list my 10 favorite shots. This category is more subjective than most because there is no way to prove that what you like is best.

LOTR - agree with this pick - ring ramp

ST - agree with this pick - warp ramp

WH20 - agree with this pick - suicide ramp

TS - agree with this pick but found the upper playfield slightly more amazing than mode lock. Have you played anything as awkward as moving that large paddle back and forth? It blows my mind every time I play the game and once you knock down enough drops - you break through the backside of the wall, down a short chute and onto the main playfield.

FH - start mb and collect jackpot by shooting your ball into Rudy’s mouth and once more to collect super jackpot and hear him SCREEEEEAAAAAMM. Or hit the upper loop shot to earn a trap door jackpot.

TZ - qualify upper playfield, send a ball up and use two magnets to force ball into hole at top of pyramid shaped playfield. Has a great lightshow and sound.

BR - qualify lower playfield, battle vertical playfield and shoot ball out the top to greatest pinball moment ever. BANZAII and eye blinding flashers start two ball multiball and quick chance to earn a 1 million point shot via right ramp within time and in spite of the epilepsy. Both Banzai and subsequent 1 million point shot are primo.

Houdini - trunk shot - duh

EBD - clear 7 drop targets to light 8ball in the corner. Make that and 7 standup targets behind the drops to hear knocker, earn “1” solid lit letter in “DELUXE” on backglass and a feeling you’ve done something 90% of pinball players haven’t is sheer happiness.

TOM - magic trunk. Especially the magnet side that can rip a ball off the playfield and hold it vertical on exterior of trunk as multiball cranks up.

#4430 4 years ago

was really expecting the katana shot from Deadpool to be solidly in the top 10 but I do understand it has to be set up well. Took me a month to dial mine in right. I think the Ninjapocolypse shot is even more satisfying when you hit it. Love this machine.....

#4431 4 years ago

Did someone say top 10 shots in pinball...?

19190E2D-2B2A-499E-9AF8-40508BA9A0E3 (resized).jpeg19190E2D-2B2A-499E-9AF8-40508BA9A0E3 (resized).jpeg
#4432 4 years ago

It is pretty great. Has the three components:

Not too easy, not too hard
Kinetic satisfaction
Great code (rules, sounds, etc)

#4433 4 years ago

What makes a great shot besides having a good “feel” to it? Does a top shot require callout or sound, music and lighting? Is it hard to hit or to setup? Is it worth a lot? Is it tight but satisfying shot? Is it a high risk/high reward shot? Is it unique or jaw dropping? Is it tactile in nature? Is it theme or nostalgia related? Is it part of a storyline based shot? There could be a lot of criteria. Heck, maybe good art makes for a great shot Inquiring minds want to know.

#4434 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What makes a great shot? It has to have a good “feel”. Does it require all - callout or sound, music and lighting? Is it hard to hit or setup? Is it worth a lot? Is it tight but satisfying shot? Is it a high risk/high reward shot? Is it unique or jaw dropping? Inquiring minds want to know.

See this post.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Kinetic satisfaction

#4435 4 years ago

As an owner now of dp that game has three super satisfying shots.... Right ramp, left ramp and that super sweet left orbit right flipper return. So sweet. Stern did a great job on this one

#4436 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Kinetic satisfaction

Exactly. And it gets deeper than that. There was a 5-issue limited Snikt comic series; i.e. 5x playfield. The level of detail that went into Deadpool still blows my mind.

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

See this post.

Agree your 3 elements are needed, but they are too general and hard to apply because they fit any old shot.

Take the well walker multiball shot in TWD for instance. When bashed he pops backward to expose his innards, the shaker engages, red flashers light, he growls and a nice dmd comes up. On paper it sounds like the creme-de-la-creme and that might be someone’s favorite shot. I think it fits your criteria but it is far from a great shot. So there must be other or better criteria than 3 simple rules. I struggle to have a better way to define it.

#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Agree that your 3 elements are needed, but they are too general and hard to use because they fit any old shot.

Shouldn’t we consider ANY shot as a possibility of being amongst the best 10 shots in pinball?

To respond to your specific example, that shot fails miserably on the WAY too easy dept. so it’s not a great shot.

To be considered as one of the best shots ever, it has to excel at all three criteria.

#4439 4 years ago

OK totally late to the top 10 shot party,
But no Deadpool? come on really, You hit that katana shot or ricoche it off of that wolverine target and up the ramp and across to the lock has to be top 3 ever.
GB PRO what? How about the premium or LE version right ramp that returns to the left flipper smooth reward or nothing rejection.
TOTAN OR Cirque Voltaire ramps pick one?
The getaway super charger ramp?
Basement pop up shot on Theatre of Magic from left flipper total satisfaction.
Right dragon ramp on MM back to left ramp combo til princess diverter opens up and u make it to the tower?
Left ramp through pop bumpers on Iron Maiden?
If spinner shot is an option its gotta be Alice CooperNightmare Castle left orbit spinner around to right flipper and repeat.
Holy cow I'm going to stop there for a minute

#4440 4 years ago

I think the cannon load and shot on the Dauntless in Pirates is the best, most satisfying shot in pinball. It's so hard to hit that cannon load shot, then to fire it across the field and actually get it into the other ship, it never gets old (along with the fanfare, video, and the room shaking when the external subwoofer hits).

Hitting the Big Bang in Dialed In. The sound and light show from that shot is amazing. Hitting it on purpose to finish out a difficult mode at the right time just feels sweet.

#4441 4 years ago

If we are considering recent titles, the catapult lock on BKSOR is my current fav. It is tight and looks easy. But since you must flip a moving ball, it requires timing, good eye on the ball/flipper position and a “quick” flip. Lock the third ball to burn the castle gate and start a fun mb that is absent from the pro model. Stack it with shield mb for six balls of fun. Missing the catapult lock is a safe fail, and with nudging skills you can make additional attempts until you drain ball to lower playfield. Light show could be improved, but this top shot to start catapult mb feels great!

#4442 4 years ago

The grave marker shot on Metallica when the magnet holds the ball and you knock the ball off for the "super jackpot" this shot always feels good! You get the sound, lights, cool callout and big points all in one shot. So satisfying.

#4443 4 years ago

SDTM Episode 95: Beatles Pinball Machine Review

Okay SDTM Fam, what are your thoughts after playing the Beatles?

Is Zach high or is he enlightened?

Is Greg a hater or can he do no wrong?

#4444 4 years ago

I click on a random area of the thing and I hear "This plays better than any solid state game and is more fun."
Jesus.

#4445 4 years ago

This is how I imagine you In George’s Porsche......

D54A1E66-A678-4AF5-B702-A342616BE07F (resized).jpegD54A1E66-A678-4AF5-B702-A342616BE07F (resized).jpeg
#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I click on a random area of the thing and I hear "This plays better than any solid state game and is more fun."
Jesus.

I take it you do not share the same sentiments?

#4447 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

This is how I imagine you In George’s Porsche......[quoted image]

Porche Pound Patrol! (although Zach's knuckles have a five o'clock shadow ... each one. and now I can't unsee them)

#4448 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As an owner now of dp that game has three super satisfying shots.... Right ramp, left ramp and that super sweet left orbit right flipper return. So sweet. Stern did a great job on this one

FE100C5A-1A76-486D-9B14-867E0C1BA8FC (resized).jpegFE100C5A-1A76-486D-9B14-867E0C1BA8FC (resized).jpeg
#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I take it you do not share the same sentiments?

That's not even the craziest thing in there
I don't know whom haber is, but anyone that rates the art of a game more important than enjoyability & the same as rules/code is a dangerous individual. But hey you gotta have all angles I understand...even from the criminally insane.
As I would have assumed Chuck makes the most sense.

Straight sweep with A's for art; ouch.

#4450 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As I would have assumed Chuck makes the most sense.

Haha

Looking back at animations closer I was probably too harsh there. Simple isn’t bad. Artistically I think they did a bang up job. Nothing looks out of place. I let the simplicity drag down my score too much there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/89?hl=sixmillion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.