bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 125.
#4102 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Can someone tell me where to look to order a shirt? I go like 40 videos back sometimes so I don’t know where the current shirt situation is at or if the process has changed...we still reach out to Greg?

Thanks for the support. You can message myself with size and shipping address.

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

People on Yelp should realize the time and efforts it takes to go into food preparation and the stress of owning a restaurant....
People on Rotten Tomatoes should respect the hundreds of people’s time and millions of dollars that go into creating a film....
People who review products on Amazon should respect the investment and development of the individual that created that product....
I think when people create content, products , art, etc and put it out there, they open themselves up for criticism as they accept all the praise. Clicks, views, sells, box office are all measures of success and attract the hate of many. I understand being respectful but negativity can be expressed as is it an opinion some have.The bottom line is we all check out the reviews of these site and make up our own minds. SDTM is the premier pinball YouTube channel. 9 out of 10 people may love the things you guys do but you listen to the 1 who complains. When people stop complaining or caring is when you should be worried.

Well said and I agree. We are open to all feedback and love that you all watch and listen, and are considered friends. And sometimes, Greg and I can bark back.

#4104 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Tough to read this and not feel let down Delt. You calling me an “ass kisser” and I’m attempting to “bullshit” people is not welcomed. What evidence do you have that I’m kissing anyone’s ass? And who’s ass? The only ass I kiss is my wife’s. As a distro, I have plenty of stuff to sell, what does that have to do with Wonka. I guess distributors cannot be huge pinball fans? Wtf. Come on man, you really think I’m fucking with people just to sell games?!?! If you believe that, you know nothing about me. Plenty of distros are full of shit. I got into this to be different. Sorry, these descriptors of me are ridiculous. And my reputation being questioned because Willy Wonka is one of my favorite films ever made?
Remind me again what I’m doing wrong? Expressing my excitement for a great game? I’d love to hear the negatives, let’s discuss.
- The logo font being extracted and not perfectly replicated.....really?
- Artwork that doesn’t blow your mind on the Standard Edition that is now $1000 cheaper?
List them here and we can discuss.

Appreciate the kind words. I’m pumping games I like, that will never change. If I don’t like something you won’t hear from me.

Zach - I've been a day one SDTM viewer. I wouldn't be commenting here if I didn't respect you and your opinion and I don't think you're maliciously misleading anyone. I do see a significant change in your approach and attitude and I think you summarized it best yourself.

"I’m pumping games I like, that will never change. If I don’t like something you won’t hear from me"

It's that last part that's a killer for me. If you don't like something we won't hear from you? Well you're agreeing with my entire point which is based on your new role, it's going to be pumping a game with no critiques b/c if you had one, you would stay silent. That's a bummer.
I really enjoyed how you would compliment a game but then also be able to acknowledge when a game has flaws. For Wonka this new approach seems to be in full effect.

My suggestion for you is to keep things interesting, try to bring back that classic zach that would make fun of a pin and call out its flaws. Examples - IMDN, DP.....based on what you said, those videos wouldn't exist in your new role. Again - that's a bummer. I still think you bring a lot of entertainment and most importantly value to the industry - it just seems that opinions on a pinball machine will no longer be one of them if you're admitting out of the gate, you're not pointing out flaws - only good things. Yawn.

As for what's wrong with Wonka - if those are the only two you're aware of, you're not reading these boards. It's been documented by myself and many others. Happy to discuss live on twip - could be fun for others to hear.

f3honda4me - I always enjoy reading what you have to say even though we don't agree all the time. That's why this place is interesting. Look at jgentry and I - we rarely ever agree on anything but I respect his opinion - he makes some good points even though I don't agree. I will say your comment about needing to play it to fully appreciate it - I totally understand that however my disappointment has nothing to do with how it plays. I know it plays well which is likely why I will own one eventually. It's the absolute step back in innovation and PF wowness that was in spades in previous JJP titles and is def taking a back seat by Jack due to his new business model = make a loaded game but not too loaded (like before) but we'll charge more money.

Ultimately we're not going to agree on all of this but I still very much like Zach and others. I don't think he's an ass kisser trying to sell games and just b/c he can't mention anything bad about a game now doesn't mean he's not an asset to these boards or someone I would have a beer with. I just miss the old Zach.

For the guys saying this is disrespectful, chill out. If we don't have these types of discussions, I'm bored and so are many others.

All good guys.

#4105 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks for the support. You can message myself with size and shipping address.

I just messaged Greg...does this mean I’m team Greg now? Looks like I need to go pick up one of those Jurassic Park t-shirts.

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are the total opposite of a Nerd you damn redneck Hillbilly!

Need those Clark glasses superman wears. It will then cover up my hillbilly/redneck factor!

#4107 4 years ago

When is the next STDM YouTube? Been a bit.

#4108 4 years ago

Btw that Beetlejuice multiball idea it's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant

Would love a BJ..... You know.... Beetlejuice!

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw that Beetlejuice multiball idea it's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant
Would love a BJ..... You know.... Beetlejuice!

Agreed, that Beetlejuice Multiball idea from Cary may be the idea that pushes that project over the top, it definitely is one of those "why didn't I think of that moments" when I heard it!!!

#4110 4 years ago

I've put more thought into the theme than I should. I had had the same idea. Another easy must have is to make the ramps look like the black and white snake beetlejuice monster. Those railings scared me as a kid.
If they do get around to this I hope they dont put an underworld playfield. I prefer 1 level playfields.

#4111 4 years ago

Let's say they do a lower level PF. What about having it be the model scenario? They get shrunk down in the movie into the model. Maybe get shrunk down into the lower playfield? Maybe too close to munsters territory there?

#4112 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

When is the next STDM YouTube? Been a bit.

I was gonna say the same thing, it feels like it’s been a while since an official episode was released!!

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I was gonna say the same thing, it feels like it’s been a while since an official episode was released!!

Soooon very soon! The TWIPY stuff put us really far behind and then my busy season started and I took a second job at the same time!!!! So our free time has been non existent! But within the next week we should be back on track with our original awesome format!!!! I’m honestly super super excited to get back at it. Have to much shit in my head I want to talk about

#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I’m honestly super super excited to get back at it. Have to much shit in my head I want to talk about

I am super excited to hear that shit!
Good news!

#4118 4 years ago

Great promo! That had me laughing.

Looking forward to the new episodes.

#4119 4 years ago

Love it love it love it

#4120 4 years ago

Yeah, that was hilarious. Glad you still have a sense of humor!

#4121 4 years ago

What about Immamature? Now that will put it over the top.

#4122 4 years ago

Sorry for getting under your skin gentlemen.
My name is Bill and I have a problem, I’m an Internet Troll!

273F68BB-C242-4A81-92D8-8C38585C307E (resized).jpeg273F68BB-C242-4A81-92D8-8C38585C307E (resized).jpegA29690B1-B9F1-4FC3-B1F7-9B1C5C38B682 (resized).jpegA29690B1-B9F1-4FC3-B1F7-9B1C5C38B682 (resized).jpeg
#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Uh oh, get ready...

Thats it! I'm going team Greg now lol! Jk.
For the record. Sdtm is my favorite on YouTube. My one comment that wasnt supportive was used in the promo clip. I sure hope you used it light heartedly. Glad to see the team back at work
I'd like to see you review some older pins sometime. Take care.

#4124 4 years ago

the video says it all and leaves no stone unturned. Looking forward to year 3 hijinx and some good old fashion pintertainment.

Time we’ve been awaiting is here .... SDTM presents - Slap that Face Off My Hand - Faceoff2. Please let it be. There must be consequences!

#4125 4 years ago

Hell yeah!!!

Bring it on!

#4126 4 years ago

Too dam funny. Expected no less and got more, looking forward to it as always.

#4127 4 years ago

Awesome promo lol.

#4128 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Awesome promo lol.

I saw bias. Made me think of someone. I don't who.

#4129 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

What about Immamature? Now that will put it over the top.

Honestly I thought of it, but thought it’s a bit too inside baseball. The thought was there though haha

Quoted from TheGunnett:

Sorry for getting under your skin gentlemen.
My name is Bill and I have a problem, I’m an Internet Troll!
[quoted image][quoted image]

No need for apologies, we know you have our back. It was just too good a comment for what we were going for not to use.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thats it! I'm going team Greg now lol! Jk.
For the record. Sdtm is my favorite on YouTube. My one comment that wasnt supportive was used in the promo clip. I sure hope you used it light heartedly. Glad to see the team back at work
I'd like to see you review some older pins sometime. Take care.

The comment was too good not to use. You know we love your support. We love all feedback.

#4130 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Awesome promo lol.

As soon as I saw your quote I busted out laughing!

#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

As soon as I saw your quote I busted out laughing!

I still stand behind everything i said about being biased though. Its ok though because im not mad about it and i never was. My only point was when you make friends with people you are obviously not going to want to become critical of them or their products and i am no different. That didn't ruin the show for me at all but it did change things. The show is still great though and i love it. I never based my buying decisions totally on their reviews anyway. If i did i wouldn't have this kick ass IMDN sitting in my basement right now!

I met Zach in Pincinnati and i really liked him just like i knew that i would if i ever met him. I was critical of him a couple times and i admit that but i never ever questioned his integrity as a person ever. Zach is a good guy though and when anyone asks me about where they should buy a new game at i send them to Zach. I do this for a couple of reasons, #1 i like him and want him to do well because he worked his ass off because he wanted to make a living in the pinball industry. The biggest reason i send people to him though is because i know 1000% percent if i send a friend to buy a game from Zach and he has a problem, Zach will make sure that he is taken care of and made whole.

#4132 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I saw bias. Made me think of someone. I don't who.

Rob put down the Booze and go to bed please!

#4133 4 years ago

I'm in for the dirtier sanctum. God that just feels awful to type.

#4134 4 years ago

I'm getting a Shadow in the next couple weeks. Nice clean sanctum even.

#4135 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Rob put down the Booze and go to bed please!

Ok

#4136 4 years ago

So I heard the latest TWIP podcast - enjoyed it, even if I was the star of the new segment for the week. Seriously though, zach - you didn't understand what I said. I didn't say you were kissing JJP's ass. Not sure how you inferred that - I'll just use your own words in that you were pumping the hell out of the game and again, to quote you - being silent when you don't like something. Happy to discuss further with you if you're up for it buddy.

Some other thoughts - I liked Jason as your guest. Will have to check out his podcast. He had some good insight and opinions - especially about country music which is god awful.

#4137 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

especially about country music which is god awful.

Can't upvote this enough!

#4138 4 years ago

SEASON 3 SDTM Episode 89: This Month In Pinball is back and the guys discuss Black Knight, Willy Wonka, and general inappropriate topics...

#4139 4 years ago

I second the “cross my fingers, toes, and balls” for Jurassic Park/World.

#4140 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Uh oh, get ready...

To be fair this isn't an accurate description. Zach was hiding what we could only assume was a dirty sanctum under that ugly non playfield matching grey sticker. Now we will never know if the next sanctum is dirtier or not.

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

To be fair this isn't an accurate description. Zach was hiding what we could only assume was a dirty sanctum under that ugly non playfield matching grey sticker. Now we will never know if the next sanctum is dirtier or not.

Hahaha like putting lipstick on a pig. My sanctum is fresh NOS baby

#4142 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SEASON 3 SDTM Episode 89: This Month In Pinball is back and the guys discuss Black Knight, Willy Wonka, and general inappropriate topics...

Lots of cheeseheads just went #TeamZach

edit: I look forward to the first TWAIP episode

#4143 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Fun episode guys. Glad to see some love for Deadpool. Easily my favorite NIB purchase and a game that I just don't get tired of.

#4144 4 years ago

Good episode. I enjoyed Greg's take on Wonka and it mirrored mine. At first, it does not seem as packed as previous JJP's (just look under the hood of Hobbit if you don't think it is packed, then try to lift it!). But after hearing his review, I agree. It has a lot of shots and interesting ways to have to set up a shot with another one. It didn't grab me at first, though. think it will grow on me, once code is more polished and I get some more time on one. Spent time with Joe Katz talking about his coding. Lot's of cool stuff. I think the Wonkavator is a bigger deal than it looks. Because it will be a virtual lock on the Standard, the locks will cancel out at the end of each game. But the LE and CE version will stay locked until the game is powered off. So, at home, if I finally earn 1 or 2 super locks and then drain ball 3, I could start a new game with 2 super locks already lit, which is pretty cool.

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Fun episode guys. Glad to see some love for Deadpool. Easily my favorite NIB purchase and a game that I just don't get tired of.

Waaaaayyyy agree. “It’s fun” is literally the best explanation. I Can’t get enough of it! It’s one of those pins that I never walk away from mad at. Always a smile!

Quoted from Crile1:

Good episode. I enjoyed Greg's take on Wonka and it mirrored mine. At first, it does not seem as packed as previous JJP's (just look under the hood of Hobbit if you don't think it is packed, then try to lift it!). But after hearing his review, I agree. It has a lot of shots and interesting ways to have to set up a shot with another one. It didn't grab me at first, though. think it will grow on me, once code is more polished and I get some more time on one. Spent time with Joe Katz talking about his coding. Lot's of cool stuff. I think the Wonkavator is a bigger deal than it looks. Because it will be a virtual lock on the Standard, the locks will cancel out at the end of each game. But the LE and CE version will stay locked until the game is powered off. So, at home, if I finally earn 1 or 2 super locks and then drain ball 3, I could start a new game with 2 super locks already lit, which is pretty cool.

Thank you! And I agree I think Joe is going to end up with a killer rule set.
Also we need to get together at Zbar or something soon and play some!!!!!

#4146 4 years ago

Hasty was on fire that episode! Had alot of pent up pinball ‘tude in that one. Glad you guys are back!

#4147 4 years ago

Welcome back guys!!!! Been awfully quiet on YouTube without your banter!!!

Beetlejuice: the look on Greg's face when Zach described Cary's Beetlejuice MB idea....priceless!!!! (....and probably identical to mine when I first heard it on the podcast myself!!!!)

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Hasty was on fire that episode! Had alot of pent up pinball ‘tude in that one. Glad you guys are back!

Little fireball wasn’t he! Unleash the Greg!!!

#4149 4 years ago

(edited)

#4150 4 years ago

Can we turn down the stupid, I really hope this is not where we are headed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 300.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/83?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.