bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 125.
#4051 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Bought a game from Zach at MGC yesterday. Had a good time talking etc, too. We had a few very spontaneous comedic moments. Enjoyable time.
Yeah Yeah Yeah - right Zach ?
Look out Bone - if you stay home too often, I could at least wind up being your stand in given the right circumstances.

Ha ha I’ll give him to you! He’s more problems than he’s worth!

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Bought a game from Zach at MGC yesterday. Had a good time talking etc, too. We had a few very spontaneous comedic moments. Enjoyable time.
Look out Bone - if you stay home too often, I could at least wind up being your stand in given the right circumstances.

Thank you as always! We are always trying to raise the bar and give the pin world something unique and fun!

#4052 5 years ago

Great vids, thanks. Pat has always been my fav designer but his interviews are often lacking. Well .... Pat is back and he reminds us why he is the OG. Ask him what he calls companies that say making pinball is going to be easy. Go ahead ask him.

Joe K explaining rules and how simple it is to approach the game. Followed by gameplay footage showing why the game is so fun. I love it! Who wouldn’t want to buy a Wonka for their family or self to enjoy? There is something magical about this game and I expect this will be JJP’s best seller.

ps - anybody else see Wonka as Pat’s doppelgänger?
FC2C8C45-A093-47F1-8FEE-06A2AF310BAC.jpegFC2C8C45-A093-47F1-8FEE-06A2AF310BAC.jpeg0C71AB38-58AA-4907-BEA3-06A704F6D908.jpeg0C71AB38-58AA-4907-BEA3-06A704F6D908.jpeg

#4053 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You did totally pull out the yeah yeah yeah. I thought you were related to me haha. It was great hanging out with ya buddy.

#4054 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You did totally pull out the yeah yeah yeah. I thought you were related to me haha. It was great hanging out with ya buddy.

Tell me He's not the one that Stole my Beatles game!!!! Bum lol

#4055 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tell me He's not the one that Stole my Beatles game!!!! Bum lol

#4056 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Never trust a guy from Wisconsin Zach!

#4057 5 years ago

I ended up with his Star Wars. So Zach went 2 for 2 on show games.

#4058 5 years ago

I had a first hand look at how hard Zach and Greg worked on gathering that material for the vids. All I can say is that it was extremely time consuming for them but even more impressive when you look at the results. Nicely done, guys! I hope to see more of these vids on pinball reveals.

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Never trust a guy from Wisconsin Zach!

What ? I even told Zach where to buy the best Weiners and Brats on the planet ! Usingers, just blocks from MGC.
Next year Zach is going to make sure he has a cooler and go home with it filled.

Zach and I had a good time. It could have been a STDM episode. No foolin. All we maybe needed was to have Greg there to make his usual faces.

#4060 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

What ? I even told Zach where to buy the best Weiners and Brats on the planet ! Usingers, just blocks from MGC.
Next year Zach is going to make sure he has a cooler and go home with it filled.
Zach and I had a good time. It could have been a STDM episode. No foolin. All we maybe needed was to have Greg there to make his usual faces.

Yeah, so he can go home and put Indiana KETCHUP on them. No can do!!!

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I had a first hand look at how hard Zach and Greg worked on gathering that material for the vids. All I can say is that it was extremely time consuming for them but even more impressive when you look at the results. Nicely done, guys! I hope to see more of these vids on pinball reveals.

Agreed. The videos they put are are the best in pinball.

#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I do trust you on the Brats and cheese for sure! I'm not drinking no Old Milwaukee though!

#4063 5 years ago

I'm with Zach on Ketchup - it's Ok on dogs.

Usingers Weiners are so good though they don't need any condiments. Just a good bun.

By the way, Everything that Usingers makes is world class !

#4064 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'm with Zach on Ketchup - it's Ok on dogs.
Usingers Weiners are so good though they don't need any condiments. Just a good bun.
By the way, Everything that Usingers makes is world class !

Damn you’re making me want to fire up the grill now. I’ll go get the ketchup!

#4065 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Awwww thank you guys! I think every one worked there asses off that day ha ha!!!! Wish we all would have had more time to hang!

#4066 5 years ago

TWIP Podcast Episode 42 features SDTM’s Cary Hardy. We talk Wonka, Black Knight, Beetlejuice, & More!

#4067 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

TWIP Podcast Episode 42 features SDTM’s Cary Hardy. We talk Wonka, Black Knight, Beetlejuice, & More!

Am i part of the "& More"? if not, i'll have to listen to the people that do....

Just Kidding. Why are you so serious.

#4068 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Am i part of the "& More"? if not, i'll have to listen to the people that do....
Just Kidding. Why are you so serious.

You’re always part of the “& More”. The only distributor that can go toe-to-toe with a Marco booth at the shows. MGC was bad assness

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You’re always part of the “& More”. The only distributor that can go toe-to-toe with a Marco booth at the shows. MGC was bad assness

and take home "Best Vendor" two years running now.

Next year I am going to have to do my hair like Antionette from Marco, then I will have it made. For those of you who haven't seen me in person, there is little hair on my head.... but I very rarely get cold even on Wisconsin winter nights.... hopefully all of you have dreams about that tonight!

I just want to clarify, Best Vendor is only possible with the help of amazing people. No one person is running a booth like that.

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Quote of the podcast is Zach saying: I just wanna see him on an LCD screen saying "ya know what I mean" and honking his junk.

#4071 5 years ago

Listened to the podcast - as always I enjoyed it. I have to drop some immediate knowledge though on this gushfest that was the Wonka review. Sorry but I have to call this out. Side note - awesome intro video you did for JJP.....

Zach - you don't know how anyone can talk bad about this game? Really? Cmon now. Your guest says it's b/c they are stern fanatics? Hardly. I'm a huge JJP guy - disappointed is the feeling I have especially around the innovation or lackthereof in Wonka. The weaknesses have been outlined so well on pinside and these aren't crazy people. I don't think anyone is disappointed in the way it shoots. It's how this game was so hyped by the inside crowd and that same crowd continues to just ignore the blatant disappointments of this game. Not sure why (although I can def tell Kaneda is beginning to reel it in a little - good to see).

You said wonka is as good as games get in pinball? It's these broad stroke statements that are so frustrating to hear just like kaneda did as well. Can you guys stop hyping the shit out of this game? Let's just see it roll out and go from there. Face value, folks like me can see through the BS and picked this game apart rightfully so. It's def a good game. It DEF is a smooth shooter. It's def not as good as pinball can get b/c it's a major step backwards in innovation and "stuff" to do compared to JJPs previous game POTC and it's currently losing to DI as well (innovation) so how could you reward this step backwards? Not sure.

This Wonka ass kissing is getting annoying - almost as bad as when you said Houdini is better than ToM. Good lord.

OK - rant over. I always like hearing your point of view but it's starting to damage reputations as you guys continue to ass kiss this game all day and not say 1 bad thing about it. Even though I'm not a 10/10 on this game, I still can see myself buying it b/c it does a lot of things well. It's just not necessary to ignore weaknesses to get the point across.

General takeaway - I want classic critical Zach back. I know the game has changed so maybe that's just not possible anymore which I get but damn it, we need more classic zach!

#4072 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Listened to the podcast - as always I enjoyed it. I have to drop some immediate knowledge though on this gushfest that was the Wonka review. Sorry but I have to call this out. Side note - awesome intro video you did for JJP.....
Zach - you don't know how anyone can talk bad about this game? Really? Cmon now. Your guest says it's b/c they are stern fanatics? Hardly. I'm a huge JJP guy - disappointed is the feeling I have especially around the innovation or lackthereof in Wonka. The weaknesses have been outlined so well on pinside and these aren't crazy people. I don't think anyone is disappointed in the way it shoots. It's how this game was so hyped by the inside crowd and that same crowd continues to just ignore the blatant disappointments of this game. Not sure why (although I can def tell Kaneda is beginning to reel it in a little - good to see).
You said wonka is as good as games get in pinball? OMG - these type of ultra dramatic comments are a killer. It's these broad stroke statements that are so frustrating to hear just like kaneda did as well. Can you guys stop hyping the shit out of this game? Let's just see it roll out and go from there. Face value, folks like me can see through the BS and picked this game apart rightfully so. It's def a good game. It DEF is a smooth shooter. It's def not as good as pinball can get b/c it's a major step backwards in innovation and "stuff" to do compared to JJPs previous game POTC and it's currently losing to DI as well (innovation) so how could you reward this step backwards? Not sure.
This Wonka ass kissing is getting annoying - almost as bad as when you said Houdini is better than ToM. Good lord.
OK - rant over. I always like hearing your point of view but it's starting to damage reputations as you guys continue to ass kiss this game all day and not say 1 bad thing about it. Even though I'm not a 10/10 on this game, I still can see myself buying it b/c it does a lot of things well. It's just not necessary to ignore weaknesses to get the point across. General takeaway - I want classic critical Zach back. I know the game has changed so maybe that's just not possible anymore which I get but damn it, we need more classic zach!

Agree, this game is nothing special at all. It is the first game ever to have "kid multiball" though lol. JJP better get their act together fast or they are going to be in trouble i am afraid.

#4073 5 years ago

I really enjoy everything Zach and Greg have done. Having said that, I've realized that Zach and I have VASTLY different tastes outside the world of pinball. I usually agree with a lot he has to say about gameplay or quality but I enjoy different music, movies, etc. I think this game will be so much fun to shoot but the theme is a tough one for me. Too bubblegum for my tastes. Yes, Zach does tend to gush over most new games (jjpotc videos, cough cough) but I can tell that the theme is a stronger factor is his opinion this time. Let the man gush. If this layout were applied to a theme I really love, I would feel the same way. If this way Back to the Future or Queen? Money, gone.
Keep up the good work Zach but the feel of your shows has definitely been a little off while you transition to you new position in the community. What used to be a guy gushing a bit over a games can now come across as a dealer pumping up his inventory. It's a fine line. Good luck

#4074 5 years ago

You haven’t played it yet have you.

While it’s not game changing innovation, there is innovation there. Once you see and play in person, you’ll better understand what the game offers.

Quoted from delt31:

You said wonka is as good as games get in pinball? It's these broad stroke statements that are so frustrating to hear just like kaneda did as well. Can you guys stop hyping the shit out of this game? Let's just see it roll out and go from there. Face value, folks like me can see through the BS and picked this game apart rightfully so. It's def a good game. It DEF is a smooth shooter. It's def not as good as pinball can get b/c it's a major step backwards in innovation and "stuff" to do compared to JJPs previous game POTC and it's currently losing to DI as well (innovation) so how could you reward this step backwards? Not sure.
OK - rant over. I always like hearing your point of view but it's starting to damage reputations as you guys continue to ass kiss this game all day and not say 1 bad thing about it. Even though I'm not a 10/10 on this game, I still can see myself buying it b/c it does a lot of things well. It's just not necessary to ignore weaknesses to get the point across. General takeaway - I want classic critical Zach back. I know the game has changed so maybe that's just not possible anymore which I get but damn it, we need more classic zach!

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's def not as good as pinball can get b/c it's a major step backwards in innovation and "stuff" to do compared to JJPs previous game POTC and it's currently losing to DI as well (innovation) so how could you reward this step backwards?

Agree - I was expecting DI+ with a better theme - now I am thinking of getting a DI instead
but final decision reserved until I flip Wonka
I am going to assume there is something magical you realize when you play this game that is not conveyed via a stream

#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I always like hearing your point of view but it's starting to damage reputations

Hahaha! What reputations? After that dodgy IMDN review? Never forget!! Never Forget...

Seriously though, Wonka looks amazing. All you haters gonna hate. Maybe Deep Root can come up with something that will meet your out-of-this-world expectations? Keep dreaming.

It's friggin' pinball. It's about how does the game make you feel when you play it. Is the sum more than the total of parts?

Anyway looking forward to playing one someday.

btw. Great job on the gameplay video I wish all new games got that treatment.

#4077 5 years ago

To me JJP's Wonka pin seems like a G rated version of Stern's The Walking Dead or Iron Maiden: A lot of fun to shoot and play on location, but the theme makes me not have one in my house.

I'm still looking forward to playing it though!!

#4078 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Agree, this game is nothing special at all. It is the first game ever to have "kid multiball" though lol. JJP better get their act together fast or they are going to be in trouble i am afraid.

I don't think this is really true. I would say the layout looks pretty special. The way it looked to shoot looks pretty special. So you have a really well designed layout that looks to shoot awesome. That is 2 pretty key things in a game.

For me what doesn't come together is the art, theme, and sounds. I just have no desire to own a game based on a theme I don't care anything for or have any connection to for the price these are going for. The movie is just pretty weird to me. I get that others like it and I'm happy they have a game coming for a theme that they personally like. The callouts and sounds were just pretty blah sounding to me much like DI. The art is a real head scratcher to and something that I think is a big step back for JJP. The CE looks good. It looks as good as WOZ does. Why do you have to spend 12.5K to get as good of art that all of the versions of WOZ have had because to me the LE is a big step down art wise and the standard is borderline a joke. It's like a system 11 art package at best. I'm also not a big fan of the camera's that Pat seems to like so much but to each their on.

No there is nothing terribly inventive on the game but there doesn't have to be. All it needs to be is a good game that plays good, gets code support, doesn't have any major mech failures, and people are going to be happy with it. I think it's going to do pretty well for JJP and hopefully they learn some lessons from it and keep moving forward.

#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - rant over. I always like hearing your point of view but it's starting to damage reputations as you guys continue to ass kiss this game all day and not say 1 bad thing about it. Even though I'm not a 10/10 on this game, I still can see myself buying it b/c it does a lot of things well. It's just not necessary to ignore weaknesses to get the point across.
General takeaway - I want classic critical Zach back. I know the game has changed so maybe that's just not possible anymore which I get but damn it, we need more classic zach!

Tough to read this and not feel let down Delt. You calling me an “ass kisser” and I’m attempting to “bullshit” people is not welcomed. What evidence do you have that I’m kissing anyone’s ass? And who’s ass? The only ass I kiss is my wife’s. As a distro, I have plenty of stuff to sell, what does that have to do with Wonka. I guess distributors cannot be huge pinball fans? Wtf. Come on man, you really think I’m fucking with people just to sell games?!?! If you believe that, you know nothing about me. Plenty of distros are full of shit. I got into this to be different. Sorry, these descriptors of me are ridiculous. And my reputation being questioned because Willy Wonka is one of my favorite films ever made?

Remind me again what I’m doing wrong? Expressing my excitement for a great game? I’d love to hear the negatives, let’s discuss.

- The logo font being extracted and not perfectly replicated.....really?

- Artwork that doesn’t blow your mind on the Standard Edition that is now $1000 cheaper?

List them here and we can discuss.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I really enjoy everything Zach and Greg have done. Having said that, I've realized that Zach and I have VASTLY different tastes outside the world of pinball. I usually agree with a lot he has to say about gameplay or quality but I enjoy different music, movies, etc. I think this game will be so much fun to shoot but the theme is a tough one for me. Too bubblegum for my tastes. Yes, Zach does tend to gush over most new games (jjpotc videos, cough cough) but I can tell that the theme is a stronger factor is his opinion this time. Let the man gush. If this layout were applied to a theme I really love, I would feel the same way. If this way Back to the Future or Queen? Money, gone.
Keep up the good work Zach but the feel of your shows has definitely been a little off while you transition to you new position in the community. What used to be a guy gushing a bit over a games can now come across as a dealer pumping up his inventory. It's a fine line. Good luck

Appreciate the kind words. I’m pumping games I like, that will never change. If I don’t like something you won’t hear from me.

#4080 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Tough to read this and not feel let down Delt. You calling me an “ass kisser” and I’m attempting to “bullshit” people is not welcomed. What evidence do you have that I’m kissing anyone’s ass? And who’s ass? The only ass I kiss is my wife’s. As a distro, I have plenty of stuff to sell, what does that have to do with Wonka. I guess distributors cannot be huge pinball fans? Wtf. Come on man, you really think I’m fucking with people just to sell games?!?! If you believe that, you know nothing about me. Plenty of distros are full of shit. I got into this to be different. Sorry, these descriptors of me are ridiculous. And my reputation being questioned because Willy Wonka is one of my favorite films ever made?
Remind me again what I’m doing wrong? Expressing my excitement for a great game? I’d love to hear the negatives, let’s discuss.
- Artwork that doesn’t blow your mind on the Standard Edition that is now $1000 cheaper?

Appreciate the kind words. I’m pumping games I like, that will never change. If I don’t like something you won’t hear from me.

Well said and I would add, while we Love you guys I personally don't give a yank What games you love as I am the one buying them. Pinball is a Personal enjoyment (like putting ketchup on hotdogs) that won't be swayed by anyones personal opinion. Who are we to judge your business or opinion of what you enjoy or dislike really? The fact that at No cost to us you share your and your families time to provide informative content to us is remarkable honestly. I know I would never do it just no appreciation for the effort but I and many thank you both for ALL your efforts.

#4081 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

There have been games I have inquired about with Zach that he sells, but will say if he doesn't recommend for me or he doesn't like them himself. He could lie to me to make a sale, but that's not in his nature and not how he does business. He's been an incredibly honest distributor. I even wanted to buy an MBrSE from Zach recently, but he didn't have any in stock, so instead he sent me to Kingpin since he had them available at MGC and Zach knew I'd be there. I bought an MBr from Kingpin. So, I'm buying my Wonka from Zach, and more pins in the future I'm sure. I always try to be respectful when I'm taking up his time, and in return he's responsive and always makes me feel valued as a customer, and you can tell he just loves to talk pinball.

So - no, he's not talking up Wonka just so he can sell a few more pins.

Delt31 I know you haven't played Wonka yet, and that's part of the issue. Standing over it and playing it is very different than in person. I got to play it at MGC and was amazed. The first night we got to the hotel room and watched videos and it was underwhelming. The next day we played the pin again and it was back to amazing. The game needs to be seen and played. If all you've seen is video, then you haven't really experienced the pin.

#4082 5 years ago

I actually thought the intro videos were good not underwhelming. Now
i havent played it but the videos definitely grabbed my interest. It got me
doing some quick math in my head the next few days trying to come up
with some crazy way to get in on this. HAHA. If the final product does bring
more of the movie tied in with gameplay this is something i would like to
own and even at 51 years old i still love this movie fwiw.

#4083 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Zach we love ya buddy and we all know you wouldn’t be dishonest and push a product that you don’t believe in just to make a few bucks, but dude you’re choosing Kid Multiball over Iron Maiden lol! Please stop or we’re going to have to pull your man card bro! Oh yeah and one more thing, your wife’s ass isnt the only one you kiss, did you forget about Gregs moms ass?

#4084 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You haven’t played it yet have you.
While it’s not game changing innovation, there is innovation there. Once you see and play in person, you’ll better understand what the game offers.

DELT31 has forgot more about pinball than you will ever know. I think he knows whats good and what isnt and this game is nothing special and its overpriced just like the rest of their games always have been. Even with the $1,000 dollar price drop its still too damn high. People probably wouldn’t even care whether it sucks or not but Kaneda pumped this game up like it was the greatest pinball machine ever made in the history of pinball and it ended up being a lackluster game with shitty artwork and kid multiball. If you’re going to charge these kind of prices then you better f*cking deliver or be prepared to take some heat. $7500- $12,500 for one of these, are you effing kidding me JJP???

#4085 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zach we love ya buddy and we all know you wouldn’t be dishonest and push a product that you don’t believe in just to make a few bucks, but dude you’re choosing Kid Multiball over Iron Maiden lol! Please stop or we’re going to have to pull your man card bro! Oh yeah and one more thing, your wife’s ass isnt the only one you kiss, did you forget about Gregs moms ass?

In defense of Zach, he was trying to buy my IMDN the other day. So you will have to decide if he gets to keep his card or not. Also some weirdo that enslaves pinkish purple little people and murders children during factory tours could be considered manly in a Stephen King disturbing kind of way....

#4086 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

In defense of Zach, he was trying to buy my IMDN the other day. So you will have to decide if he gets to keep his card or not. Also some weirdo the enslaves pinkish purple little people and murders children during factory tours could be considered manly is a Stephen King disturbing kind of way....

Im just busting his balls, he knows that. Im not offended by what he likes and dislikes. We are all different and we all like different things.

#4087 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

DELT31 has forgot more about pinball than you will ever know. I think he knows whats good and what isnt and this game is nothing special and its overpriced just like the rest of their games always have been. Even with the $1,000 dollar price drop its still too damn high. People probably wouldn’t even care whether it sucks or not but Kaneda pumped this game up like it was the greatest pinball machine ever made in the history of pinball and it ended up being a lackluster game with shitty artwork and kid multiball. If you’re going to charge these kind of prices then you better f*cking deliver or be prepared to take some heat. $7500- $12,500 for one of these, are you effing kidding me JJP???

Delt31 has my respect, I enjoy his forum posts, and I'm pretty sure he would take my post as also being very respectful. Him and I see eye to eye on quite a few things. You, however, use ad hominem in desperation since you think you know everything about everyone else, and anyone who disagrees with you is somehow unworthy to be here.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im just busting his balls, he knows that. Im not offended by what he likes and dislikes. We are all different and we all like different things.

And yet, you attack people personally, simply because they don't agree with you.

#4088 5 years ago

Getting the factory tour inserts lit and the end mode is collecting 5 golden tickets. This seems backwards, you need golden tickets to get the factory tour in the movie. Hmmm. Just a thought of irrelevance.

#4089 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Plenty of distros are full of shit.

not me, I have regular movements. not full of anything here.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

so instead he sent me to Kingpin since he had them available at MGC and Zach knew I'd be there. I bought an MBr from Kingpin. So, I'm buying my Wonka from Zach, and more pins in the future I'm sure.

and here i thought you got it from me because you liked me... (insert crying kids from some late night infomercial looking for money)

Zach's an okay guy... even though he would rather spend his birthday with pinball nerds instead of his wife, but I gave him a manly stuffed unicorn as a gift so he wouldn't' feel all alone in the frozen tundra.

#4090 5 years ago

and here i thought you got it from me because you liked me... (insert crying kids from some late night infomercial looking for money)

Oh I do like you Chris! It's why when Zach pointed me to you, I had no reservation about buying from you. You were super busy and I felt bad taking up your time asking you about it while you were trying to set up for the show. I would not hesitate to buy a game from you again in the future either, and am sure I will. It's nice to have multiple solid distributors to buy from in case one has something in stock that another doesn't, etc.

#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

And yet, you attack people personally, simply because they don't agree with you.

Maybe it’s because you’re weird.

#4092 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

almost as bad as when you said Houdini is better than ToM. Good lord.

I watch their show occasionally but don't normally pay attention to their (or anyone else's) reviews but this may have changed my mind because he's right about that one!

#4093 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure zach called the psychic friends network before filming this one.

#4094 5 years ago

not me, I have regular movements. not full of anything here.

Zach's an okay guy... even though he would rather spend his birthday with pinball nerds instead of his wife, but I gave him a manly stuffed unicorn as a gift so he wouldn't' feel all alone in the frozen tundra.

Cherished gift thank you buddy. And yes you’re one of the good guys.

#4095 5 years ago

I guess. I ended that debate. Zach bought flipping out that does mean that he is hyping up every new game? WonkA is his dream theme is he bias? Your damn right he is! He trashed deadpool before he sold it. Who would do that? Zach did it knowing that he would take hit on it. Enough said.

Oh by the way. I check my man card the other day. It said "PINBALL NERD!"

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I guess. I ended that debate. Zach bought flipping out that does mean that he is hyping up every new game? WonkA is his dream theme is he bias? Your damn right he is! He trashed deadpool before he sold it. Who would do that? Zach did it knowing that he would take hit on it. Enough said.
Oh by the way. I check my man card the other day. It said "PINBALL NERD!"

You are the total opposite of a Nerd you damn redneck Hillbilly!

#4097 5 years ago

This is just a thought for everyone as a whole. You can just read the last two words if you like:

Zach and I talked about Wonka at MGC. We’ve talked about other games in the past. If anything, he probably held back in the SDTM podcast. Calling someone an “ass-kisser” with back-handed compliments is totally disrespectful. Especially to someone who busted his ass for free for a couple years for the love of the hobby. He is a good dude.

I get the human behavior reactions on Pinside. We see it everywhere when a phone manufacturer makes a change or Ford does anything to the Mustang. I understand it. You get wrapped up in your hobby and tend to lose a little sense of reality (to put it kindly). It turns into a mob mentality where the more negative the comment is, the more love it gets online. (“No Zavadoza, I’m just sharing my real opinion.” Ok dude. You wouldn’t say this to the persons face though.)

The people on chat telling Lawlor to shut up and show the game? Dude talked for less than 2 minutes after working on the game for over a year. You should a step back and consider who you are and how you spend your time and energy.

I pull for all pinball mfrs. I applaud people that work hard to try to make great games for us to enjoy. I don’t knock people or companies that want to be successful because I sure as hell don’t work for free. You can dislike a game or be disappointed, but most of the comments I’ve seen stray far beyond that point.

These personal attacks show how small-minded and neurotic some people are. You aren’t exacting justice for somebody sharing their feelings that you disagree with. You’re just being disrespectful. If you think spewing vitriol isn’t a big deal, it just shows how detached you are. You can target me for wasting my breath telling the mob to not be a bunch of a jerks. If you know me, you’ll know I don’t GAF. This is more than anything a cathartic post from all the trite negativity in an online community that most people visit to share what we actually enjoy about pinball.

Be nice.

Edit: if this sounds self-righteous, trust me I’m not perfect. I just try not to be a Dick and pinside is nearing a 4 year high in toxicity.

#4098 5 years ago

People on Yelp should realize the time and efforts it takes to go into food preparation and the stress of owning a restaurant....
People on Rotten Tomatoes should respect the hundreds of people’s time and millions of dollars that go into creating a film....
People who review products on Amazon should respect the investment and development of the individual that created that product....

I think when people create content, products , art, etc and put it out there, they open themselves up for criticism as they accept all the praise. Clicks, views, sells, box office are all measures of success and attract the hate of many. I understand being respectful but negativity can be expressed as is it an opinion some have.The bottom line is we all check out the reviews of these site and make up our own minds. SDTM is the premier pinball YouTube channel. 9 out of 10 people may love the things you guys do but you listen to the 1 who complains. When people stop complaining or caring is when you should be worried.

#4099 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

People on Yelp should realize the time and efforts it takes to go into food preparation and the stress of owning a restaurant....
People on Rotten Tomatoes should respect the hundreds of people’s time and millions of dollars that go into creating a film....
People who review products on Amazon should respect the investment and development of the individual that created that product....
I think when people create content, products , art, etc and put it out there, they open themselves up for criticism as they accept all the praise. Clicks, views, sells, box office are all measures of success and attract the hate of many. I understand being respectful but negativity can be expressed as is it an opinion some have.The bottom line is we all check out the reviews of these site and make up our own minds. SDTM is the premier pinball YouTube channel. 9 out of 10 people may love the things you guys do but you listen to the 1 who complains. When people stop complaining or caring is when you should be worried.

What a great “this is why I’m an a-hole” post. You calling someone an ass kisser isn’t caring. Don’t delude yourself.

Personal insults are not the same as giving feedback and criticism. Don’t mix the two. There’s a difference between critiquing and being a troll. Zach isn’t a product. He’s a person. TWIP was the medium he shared his opinion, not SDTM. You can be respectful of someone who isn’t monetizing a podcast and giving a sincere opinion.

#4100 5 years ago

Can someone tell me where to look to order a shirt? I go like 40 videos back sometimes so I don’t know where the current shirt situation is at or if the process has changed...we still reach out to Greg?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/82?hl=willsmuz8999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.