bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 125.
#3951 5 years ago

Excited to check out Octoberfest tonight. I thought it looked great before and I like the rock. If it was just the classic music it would get boring fast. I also don't believe the game needs to come out in October... It's a year round theme.... Beer and pinball!

Edit - just watched some ... What in the hell happened to the music? It's absolutely terrible. I liked the original better. So bad it's hard to even watch the game. Wow. I also wish American Pinball would allocate more into the video lcd..... It just looks so stiff. Trending down on this game right now. Will watch more

#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Excited to check out Octoberfest tonight. I thought it looked great before and I like the rock. If it was just the classic music it would get boring fast. I also don't believe the game needs to come out in October... It's a year round theme.... Beer and pinball!

I agree. In no way feels like it should be limited to October. It’s has such a bright fun vibe it would work any time.
I have to say it went over very very well at Louisville Expo! I personally was really happy to see the changes that were made. Would like to see a few changes in animations but other than that i had a blast on it! Really has a lot going for it!

#3953 5 years ago

First gameplay of Oktoberfest: Pinball On Tap

Pre-order yours now at Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

#3954 5 years ago

Looks like Dr Phil has been playing some MM.

FCE95DEC-92F0-478A-BEB1-C2476B7B57C3 (resized).jpegFCE95DEC-92F0-478A-BEB1-C2476B7B57C3 (resized).jpeg
#3955 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Looks like Dr Phil has been playing some MM.
[quoted image]

Ah hell no. Our Boy Philly has got great taste.

#3956 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ah hell no. Our Boy Philly has got great taste.

Now that you’re a distributor, maybe you could personally deliver him a new pin!

#3957 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Now that you’re a distributor, maybe you could personally deliver him a new pin!

I’d be on that in a heartbeat haha

#3958 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’d be on that in a heartbeat haha

You may have to be on an episode.
Confessions of an addict turned distributor.....

#3959 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

You may have to be on an episode.
Confessions of an addict turned distributor.....

There’s truth in that!!!!!

#3960 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I agree. In no way feels like it should be limited to October. It’s has such a bright fun vibe it would work any time.
I have to say it went over very very well at Louisville Expo! I personally was really happy to see the changes that were made. Would like to see a few changes in animations but other than that i had a blast on it! Really has a lot going for it!

Fun fact, Oktoberfest is actually held in september for the majority of the festival.

#3962 5 years ago

Nice that looks like a fun game actually

#3963 5 years ago

Watched this earlier on youtube and I have to say the build quality looks really good. The machine is so polished and complete. I don't know the math but you certainly appear to be getting a lot of bang for you buck with American Pinball.

#3964 5 years ago

Looking forward to checking this one out.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every game since GOT from stern gets an A+ in the art dept from me.

Hmmm...the Beatles seems a bit lame...

#3966 5 years ago

Man I love this pin, but the animation and music kill it for me. I'll play it on location, but cannot bring myself to buy it. I'm hoping the music can be modified, in which case I'd consider one, since the animations would be fine if that was the only flaw.

#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Hmmm...the Beatles seems a bit lame...

Yeah I’ll never claim to be an art expert. But I love the art in Beatles. Haha

#3968 5 years ago

Any of you guys that have had a chance to play Octoberfest....

How does it shoot? I know the big overarching complaint about Houdini is how physically tight some of the shots are - I know, I know... people just need to get good.

From looking at it it seems much more of an open layout but obviously that doesn't mean a thing until my hands are on the flippers.

#3969 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Any of you guys that have had a chance to play Octoberfest....
How does it shoot? I know the big overarching complaint about Houdini is how physically tight some of the shots are - I know, I know... people just need to get good.
From looking at it it seems much more of an open layout but obviously that doesn't mean a thing until my hands are on the flippers.

Shoots great. I had no issues with any shots except the side ramp from the upper flipper. Hard to setup, harder to hit. It’s like whirlwind when trying got millions plus in MB.

The game didn’t punish you for missed shots either, so if you’re struggling you’ll have multiple chances to find the shot.

#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Unboxing Oktoberfest Pinball Machine

Great first look. Kind of laughed Zach dead lifting the game and balancing it on a make shift crate with his Premium Escalera fork lift sitting next to it. lol Look forward to giving the game a try at TPF.

#3971 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Castrated Monkey" is one of the awards?

It is one of the steins you can choose. It gives you more tilt warnings, so a good stein to grab if you have had a warning already. I did get some push back on including that one, but besides being an homage to Houdini, I felt its was appropriate given all that has happened.

The humor in the game is not yet where I want it to be, and I still plan for a setting for those who prefer the game to be less 'family friendly' that will impact voice calls and a few animations, but we probably won't work on that for another month or so. I'm sure it won't be as a adult as some would like.

Quoted from Darscot:

The machine is so polished and complete.

game rules wise it is pretty complete, just a few things missing, and those are in progress. Polished, not quite there yet, but making progress every day.

Quoted from delt31:

Edit - just watched some ... What in the hell happened to the music? It's absolutely terrible. I liked the original better. So bad it's hard to even watch the game. Wow. I also wish American Pinball would allocate more into the video lcd..... It just looks so stiff. Trending down on this game right now. Will watch more

Do not judge the music from this stream. It did not do it justice. I listen to it all day long and barely recognized it on the stream. It is also missing two of the main tracks and a few of the mode tracks. While not everyone is going to love that there is a mix of music, I think most will find it festive when it should be, and rockin when it should be and drunk when it should be.

#3972 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great first look. Kind of laughed Zach dead lifting the game and balancing it on a make shift crate with his Premium Escalera fork lift sitting next to it. lol Look forward to giving the game a try at TPF.

I thought the exact same thing! BTW that stand that Phoebe and Larry let him borrow works very well, but better if you use it the other way (parallel to the back of the game). I've used it several times and I know they use it extensively with no issues at all. I keep meaning to make one myself for taking games to shows but I just keep borrowing theirs.

#3973 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Do not judge the music from this stream. It did not do it justice. I listen to it all day long and barely recognized it on the stream. It is also missing two of the main tracks and a few of the mode tracks. While not everyone is going to love that there is a mix of music, I think most will find it festive when it should be, and rockin when it should be and drunk when it should be.

The main theme reminds me of early Playstation extreme sports games (snowboarding, ATV, etc). Of course, I like hard driving guitar riffs, progressive rock flair and even a little polka music so it's a match for me.

The composer, Matt Kern, has a very impressive portfolio of music for video games and slot machines. You may not like every theme in the game but this guy is a great composer. I think he's done a great job mashing up the Oktoberfest theme with a rocking soundtrack. The music for Houdini, which Matt also did, is amazing. I didn't really appreciate it fully until I started cranking it up at home. I really, really like what I'm hearing so far from Oktoberfest.

http://mattkern.com

#3974 5 years ago

Zach,

You need to continue the Potc unboxing tradition of

1). Headband and tube socks

2). Make it a drinking game. Oktoberfest would obviously have been several Steins of beer!

#3975 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Zach,
2). Make it a drinking game. Oktoberfest would obviously have been several Steins of beer!

Yeah, seeing Zach and Greg in Lederhosen would Surely sell more games. Not lol. Plus Zach downing steins of Pepsi and eating Brats with Ketchup might be odd...

oktoberfest-costume-lederhosen-bavarian-octoberfest (resized).jpgoktoberfest-costume-lederhosen-bavarian-octoberfest (resized).jpg

#3976 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah, seeing Zach and Greg in Lederhosen would Surely sell more games. Not lol. Plus Zach downing steins of Pepsi and eating Brats with Ketchup might be odd...
[quoted image]

This would definitely be the right outfit for Zach in a Oktoberfest unboxing video!

#3977 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

Mmm that sounds amazing!

Quoted from iceman44:

Zach,

We thought about it but being pressed for time before the how opened and finding and renting costumes was a bit out of our desire.

#3978 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It is one of the steins you can choose. It gives you more tilt warnings, so a good stein to grab if you have had a warning already. I did get some push back on including that one, but besides being an homage to Houdini, I felt its was appropriate given all that has happened.

I'm no prude, but "Altered Monkey" or something like that would convey a similar understanding to those that have followed along and would still get the reference, but it wouldn't be so overtly crass.

#3979 5 years ago

Who is the current GC on this machine, if I might ask..

#3980 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

That would be you my friend

#3981 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ask him who has the GC on his Cirqus Voltaire.

#3982 5 years ago

What is "GC" short for lol

#3983 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Giant Curmudgeon.

#3984 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Grand champion

#3985 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Quoted from ZMeny:

...so someone did knock off my GC score Sunday!

#3986 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm no prude, but "Altered Monkey" or something like that would convey a similar understanding to those that have followed along and would still get the reference, but it wouldn't be so overtly crass.

But the monkey in Houdini is castrated (for a reason that fits the historical narrative) so this is a direct homage to Houdini, one that I think is perfect.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

But the monkey in Houdini is castrated (for a reason that fits the historical narrative) so this is a direct homage to Houdini, one that I think is perfect.

Castration is still alteration.

#3988 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ask him who has the GC on his Cirqus Voltaire.

That would be you, asswipe.

#3989 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

...so someone did knock off my GC score Sunday!

I more than knocked it off..

#3990 5 years ago

And I did it Saturday around 8:00, while pre-drinking for the huge Rec Bar tournament that evening.
And I won that too. YEAH!

#3991 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

And I did it Saturday around 8:00, while pre-drinking for the huge Rec Bar tournament that evening.

Congrats! I really liked that format. Made for some real tense games ha ha!!!!! Thanks Eric for setting it all up!

#3992 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Congrats! I really liked that format. Made for some real tense games ha ha!!!!! Thanks Eric for setting it all up!

Thanks! It was fun. Lots of drunken shit talking. Good times.

#3993 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Jjsmooth is going to be unable to play for a few days while his arm recovers from him patting himself on the back so much!

#3994 5 years ago

Bob, you were a witness...you know the level I was playing..it was fairly incredible...shit, there I go again. My arm hurts.

#3995 5 years ago

See you all soon as the SDTM Mansion opens its doors for the Munsters LE # 1313 stream with New beta code starting at 6pm EST. Zach and Greg will be giving away a set of the New Pin Stadium Fusions and also another prize giveaway for the Baby Pin Stadiums!! Watch and WIN!! Chuck Wurt will take us on a magical journey through the mansion.

3 hours and counting....

3A8D18C5-75A9-4CA2-9E48-EDDFB9DEE493 (resized).jpeg3A8D18C5-75A9-4CA2-9E48-EDDFB9DEE493 (resized).jpeg456740B8-87F4-46E2-A51E-EE95DF505464 (resized).jpeg456740B8-87F4-46E2-A51E-EE95DF505464 (resized).jpeg

#3996 5 years ago

Here is the link: https://m.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball/profile

EC44E86C-71DB-4377-9BE2-0DCB9AB20EDE (resized).jpegEC44E86C-71DB-4377-9BE2-0DCB9AB20EDE (resized).jpeg
#3997 5 years ago

Check out the awesome video by SDTM Cary Hardy about buying an older routed pinball machine, what to look for, and how to repair.

1 week later
#3999 5 years ago

Some bold TWIPY picks guys! That episode covered a lot of ground

#4000 5 years ago

Great job hosting the TWIPY’s last night, guys. The production value of the cutaway segments was as good as the Oscars. Congratulations on a second win for you as well.

Aside from the crowd’s reaction to one category, I thought the show was great. I’m not sure whether you will continue to do the show in front of a live audience in years to come, but I’m glad you guys continue to elevate pinball “media.”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/80?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.