bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 125.
#351 6 years ago

Awesome show guys! I'm hooked.

1 week later
#352 6 years ago

Time for another SDTM Episode with Zach and Greg Bone!!!! You may wanna watch for one of the Holiday Giveaway codes

SDTM Episode 43: Top 10 Pinball Upper Playfields

#353 6 years ago

About to watch during lunch. Hoping for shadow #1 and some mention of tz for one of the worst.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

About to watch during lunch. Hoping for shadow #1 and some mention of tz for one of the worst.

Delt you know......The Shadow Knows.....

#355 6 years ago

I vote stream Lost World New Years eve.
Throw the man a bone.

#356 6 years ago

Zach where was your Christmas vest? Next show you should both wear ugly Christmas sweaters. Great show as always

#357 6 years ago

Fun show, Greg needs to play some Aerosmith with some people that know what they are doing though. While it's lacking on shots it has really good scoring strategy and also give you the option to complete a ramp shot or the lock shot if either are lit for a mode or if lock is lit. Maybe I missed it as I was working while listening but otherwise Emperor Ming is pretty pissed about his lack of inclusion. Some good ones on your list, I think WOZ is rated way to high though and TBL should have been on there.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Throw the man a bone.

Now we’re talkin!!!!!!

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Fun show, Greg needs to play some Aerosmith with some people that know what they are doing though. While it's lacking on shots it has really good scoring strategy and also give you the option to complete a ramp shot or the lock shot if either are lit for a mode or if lock is lit. Maybe I missed it as I was working while listening but otherwise Emperor Ming is pretty pissed about his lack of inclusion. Some good ones on your list, I think WOZ is rated way to high though and TBL should have been on there.

I do need more time on AS. About bought one not long ago......

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Throw the man a bone.

Don’t encourage him haha.

Quoted from Coz:

Zach where was your Christmas vest? Next show you should both wear ugly Christmas sweaters. Great show as always

Yeah that’s not gonna happen haha. Greg fills SDTM’s Goofy Tank, no more room for me

Quoted from jgentry:

Hey Emporer Ming needs to worry about his beautiful backglass ass flaking off haha. Brutally fun game though

#362 6 years ago

10 AS
9 GOT
8 WPT
7 WOZ
6 Family Guy
5 Flash Gordon
4 BK2000
3 TSPP
2 TBL
1 TS

2 of the worst are TZ and LOTR in my opinion.

#363 6 years ago

I would have included Elvis. Has key shots to set up, start and complete heart break hotel mode. Also flow wise it is integrated well with the left ramp being a fast pass over or stopping point with that upper flipper. And unlike popeye you can still see the ball in the pops thanks to it being clear.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I get LOTR but what do you dislike about TZ?

#365 6 years ago

if SOF is not in this listing i'm going to thumbsdown the living shit out of this thread. SOF upper field is one of the most fun and playable mini's out there.

#366 6 years ago

Get your thumbs ready then, Neo.

SOF is not on the list, but Popeye is....

Later,
EV

popcorn (resized).jpgpopcorn (resized).jpg

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I would have included Elvis. Has key shots to set up, start and complete heart break hotel mode. Also flow wise it is integrated well with the left ramp being a fast pass over or stopping point with that upper flipper. And unlike popeye you can still see the ball in the pops thanks to it being clear.

Actually that’s a good call

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if SOF is not in this listing i'm going to thumbsdown the living shit out of this thread. SOF upper field is one of the most fun and playable mini's out there.

Oh Neo....haha we excluded it just for you buddy

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I get LOTR but what do you dislike about TZ?

It kills the flow. Slows it down so much and you have no real control besides mashing. It's just not fun at all.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

10 AS
9 GOT
8 WPT
7 WOZ
6 Family Guy
5 Flash Gordon
4 BK2000
3 TSPP
2 TBL
1 TS

I have too many questions to ask. Never mind.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have too many questions to ask. Never mind.

And yet you found time to post that. It's just the ones I like best, doesn't mean you will agree.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

And yet you found time to post that. It's just the ones I like best, doesn't mean you will agree.

No, I'm not hating. I just started going one by one and realized it was going to be a huge wall of text. But we can address two of them. Aerosmith and GoT? Like, how do you enjoy them enough to see them make a top 10?

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, I'm not hating. I just started going one by one and realized it was going to be a huge wall of text. But we can address two of them. Aerosmith and GoT? Like, how do you enjoy them enough to see them make a top 10?

AS has great scoring and mode advancement chances by using the upper playfield as you complete elevator locks. You can risk timing out a mode while working on 2x, you can get 2x ready and save it for later, you can lock a ball in the toy box or complete a lit mode shot at the toy box kicker, or you can complete a lit mode shot at the ramp. It's a great tool for advancing modes with a very hard to hit ramp on the premium/le. It's really fast and the ball is not up there long so it doesn't slow down play much at all.

For GOT I just like that it has 2 full sized flippers and the little loop shot on the left if fun to hit. It definitely needs some code work to make the castle completion more important though.

You also have to factor in that I just pulled those off the top of my head. If I studied the list of games with upper playfields games 5-10 would likely be very different.

#373 6 years ago

Sure, totally fair.

#374 6 years ago

TFLE Ironhide gets my vote for worst.

GOT is a cool upper pf; but the rules associated with it dont mesh well with the rest of the games ruleset and in that, it kills the flow of the game...at least for me.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

TFLE Ironhide gets my vote for worst.

Amen. Easily the worst.

#376 6 years ago

Top 10s are always exciting!!! Can we all atleast agree that TS was spot on at #1 ha ha and that TFLE is the worst!!!!!

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Actually that’s a good call

Oh Neo....haha we excluded it just for you buddy

Goddamnit!!!! give me that thumbs down button right now.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Goddamnit!!!! give me that thumbs down button right now.

Your thumbs are powerless in this thread...they are overpowered by the LED lighting overload from my machines. (Insert maniacal laugh)

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Your thumbs are powerless in this thread...they are overpowered by the LED lighting overload from my machines. (Insert maniacal laugh)

well that would make it so I couldn't see the thumbs down button.

#380 6 years ago

Big props on Shadow being #1....love that game. But, how could White Water not even make the list? That easily could have taken the top spot IMO.

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Big props on Shadow being #1....love that game. But, how could White Water not even make the list? That easily could have taken the top spot IMO.

Totally agree. Not even a mention?
Ya drunks!

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Forgot about that one. Another great upper playfield.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Totally agree. Not even a mention?
Ya drunks!

WH20 "upper area" may be fun but it's not really a playfield (no stand ups, no inserts...). More of an upper level shot like No Fear or Escape from the Lost World...

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

It may be fun but it's not really a playfield (no stand ups, no inserts...). More of an upper level shot like No Fear...

I would disagree, it is literally a big wooden playfield with 2 shots and while it doesn't have many inserts it does have bulbs to tell you what to shoot to start a mode or advance next which serve the same purpose as insert.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I would disagree, it is literally a big wooden playfield with 2 shots and while it doesn't have inserts it does have bulbs to tell you what to shoot to start a mode or advance next which serve the same purpose as insert.

Either way you're just trying to shoot it out of there in one shot...not much going on if the shot is missed and the ball is flopping around in that upper area...
The shots out of there are great (the ramps) but the actual playfield... not so much.

#386 6 years ago

Have you guys played Wh20??? Haha. There are multiple inserts. And an awesome animated yeti and a VUK. It definitely should be on the list.

RZ is my vote for worst upper playfield.

I like the WPT upper pf a lot, but I’d say TS and TSPP are 1 and 2 for me.

#387 6 years ago

Love WH2O! The interaction with BF on top. Priceless! That would be my favorite. I've yet to experience GOT with upper but
I would rate it up there for sure. IJ is another fav for me.
Great show guys! Keep it up.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Love WH2O! The interaction with BF on top. Priceless! That would be my favorite. I've yet to experience GOT with upper but
I would rate it up there for sure. IJ is another fav for me.
Great show guys! Keep it up.

Much appreciate the support!!

#389 6 years ago

You asked for it, so you shall receive.

SDTM Episode 44: Alien Pinball Machine Review

#390 6 years ago

Another great episode but Zach ranting about Sigourney Weaver and saying do the theme or don't made me chuckle. How is the audio and code on that GotG? That review is going to be a great episode

#391 6 years ago

Yet another great video!! Looks to be a very interesting and entertaining pin!! Ive never played one, i need to ASAP!

#392 6 years ago

A great show by 2 great guys! C'mon Zach, you and Greg need to do the same on the GOTG pin for Uncle Larry!

#393 6 years ago

guys - they already reviewed GOTG (just rate the code D)

Great episode btw. Most thorough (and accurate) review out there although I side with Greg 100% on this one. 100%.

#394 6 years ago

Zach, my man, WTF? A B- for theme? I'm with Greg on this one, this is an A theme all the way. Other than that, great show as always.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Another great episode but Zach ranting about Sigourney Weaver and saying do the theme or don't made me chuckle. How is the audio and code on that GotG? That review is going to be a great episode

We love ya Darscot. You had to ask about audio and code for gotg? Haha it’s not where it needs to be but the pin is awesome can’t wait to review up next maybe.

Quoted from Indypin:

A great show by 2 great guys! C'mon Zach, you and Greg need to do the same on the GOTG pin for Uncle Larry!

We got you Uncle Larry!

Quoted from delt31:

guys - they already reviewed GOTG (just rate the code D)
» YouTube video
Great episode btw. Most thorough (and accurate) review out there although I side with Greg 100% on this one. 100%.

Shots fired!!! Hahaha I already enjoy playing gotg more than met so it will be an interesting review for sure.

Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Zach, my man, WTF? A B- for theme? I'm with Greg on this one, this is an A theme all the way. Other than that, great show as always.

Yeah Will good theme integration overall but no sigourney = no likey.

#396 6 years ago

At the moment, the video is saying 'not playable' on my iPad. Obviously working on other people's PCs though. I'll check it out in the morning when I have the old lappy set up, but for now I'm avoiding all spoilers until I get to see it.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

At the moment, the video is saying 'not playable' on my iPad. Obviously working on other people's PCs though. I'll check it out in the morning when I have the old lappy set up, but for now I'm avoiding all spoilers until I get to see it.

That’s probably our fault gettin all fancy and shit using the alien score in the opening. Our apologies

#398 6 years ago

I couldn't be happier S Weaver is absent from the game and very glad there are no character pictures pasted all over, POTC would look 10x better if the PF was character free.

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I couldn't be happier S Weaver is absent from the game and very glad there are no character pictures pasted all over, POTC would look 10x better if the PF was character free.

Not even in the film clips or callouts?

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not even in the film clips or callouts?

I think it works very well as is. I'd rather have more Apone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 16.00
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.