bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 125.
#3901 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey, nothing wrong with that!

Heck no there isn't, especially that Indiana sweet corn. Good stuff! Not as good as indiana watermelons and cantelopes though. Their melons are the best, all joking aside.

#3902 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’ve got one ready to ship to ya Law with a big red bow on it

Name 5 with nicer art Delt

Many many more

CV - which I know you love
Wizard of Oz
Mbr (easy)
Totan
Hobbit
ToM
Ghostbusters
List goes on and on.

Munsters is so generic. There is no soul to that game. You could say Deadpool is even nicer.

#3903 5 years ago

I’m the end it’s all a matter of opinion on the art; nobody can truly ever be wrong when it comes to opinions because everyone is different, but the art is simply amazing on this game and cf’s best work I think

#3904 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I’m the end it’s all a matter of opinion on the art; nobody can truly ever be wrong when it comes to opinions because everyone is different, but the art is simply amazing on this game and cf’s best work I think

I agree. No one is technically right. It was just the comment on best ever? Thought I would highlight that for more discussion

#3905 5 years ago

Every game since GOT from stern gets an A+ in the art dept from me.

#3906 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every game since GOT from stern gets an A+ in the art dept from me.

*except Star Wars

#3907 5 years ago

Agreed, I much prefer the hand drawn art over the clip art method. Of course, with a lot of the art on some of the games the license holder had restrictions on how their IP can be represented. I remember hearing when GB was going to be the next game, and I got concerned it would be clip art. Was very pleased when I saw the final product though.

#3908 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

*except Star Wars

Including Star Wars. Go back and look at Game of Thrones. So glad that phase is dead and gone.

#3909 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Including Star Wars. Go back and look at Game of Thrones. So glad that phase is dead and gone.

Fully agree on GoT. SW is better than GoT, but that’s not saying much. SW in no way shape or form an “A+”.

#3910 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Fully agree on GoT. SW is better than GoT, but that’s not saying much. SW in no way shape or form an “A+”.

That’s the beauty of ART. Everyone sees it differently. But for the rating system for me ART has a pretty low weight. So my Willy nilly A+s wont skew things too much. Haha

#3911 5 years ago

Gentlemen excellent show and I like the new format. Greg I appreciate the review and you giving as an honest of an opinion as you did.
For the viewers of the show remember to pay attention to everything they are saying and showing you. Greg said he hated it the first few days he got it, is probably not keeping it and ranked it lower than Deadpool. I don’t think that after the Deadpool review we all thought they loved that machine and it was a must buy.
Look at the other two reviews and remember what we are watching. A new company sold a machine to the other reviewing ,Greg is going to need to sell it. Zach is a great salesman and is selling the sizzle and expresses great enthusiasm but that is what is going to make him a successful business owner.

Greg was keeping it real to a point but pay attention.
I assume those that can afford these high dollar purchases are intelligent people but sometimes you all act like giddy school girls that are happy that someone is paying attention to you. Before you do something or make a decision make sure you realize that you were watching a infomercial inside a piece of entertainment. I have no problem with this as we are not being charged anything for it and they have been as upfront as possible with all these facts. I appreciate the content they have provided but it has been tainted a bit but go in with your eyes open.

PS.
I’ve played the game and I agree it’s beautiful and shoots well but it wasn’t particularly fun because the sounds,rules, & LCD didn’t do anything for me. If I was a fan of Munsters I’d probably buy it as well. Without playing it, you’ll never no for yourself.

15C663DF-FC31-4975-9FC7-B95367470BE9 (resized).png15C663DF-FC31-4975-9FC7-B95367470BE9 (resized).png48C9D160-CD7C-4127-86AB-3E2782D329AB (resized).png48C9D160-CD7C-4127-86AB-3E2782D329AB (resized).png
#3912 5 years ago

Enjoyed the old show and will miss Zach's reviews but we'll still have his insights

The new review format takes things to a higher level IMO. More complete.

Does change things, but - all things considered - this is a welcome evolution.

#3913 5 years ago

I hadn't really thought about it not being a good idea for a distributor to review the games they are selling, but I guess it would be like the old joke of the early word on every new game being..."Jack played it. He likes it." when Jersey Jack was selling games for Stern.

#3914 5 years ago

Some of the new fun is watching Zach HAVE to hold his tongue, and tip toe around content on which he should not say anything...

It feels like what Thumper's Dad told him... "If you can't say anything nice, don't say nuthin' at all" or in Zack case, have an epileptic seizure, watch his eyelid twitch, and do what I like to call the Zach Maneuver-
First cock your head in an up right or up left motion... now roll the neck and follow through... include a well timed eye-roll, sideways glance, and his newest addition, the full beard hand rub-mouth block.... now, lock eyes with Greg and intimate your displeasure with current line of comments and sit there think what a pain it will be to clean up in post production...

The tension is unbearable, I hope it lasts...

#3915 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Gentlemen excellent show and I like the new format. Greg I appreciate the review and you giving as an honest of an opinion as you did.
For the viewers of the show remember to pay attention to everything they are saying and showing you. Greg said he hated it the first few days he got it, is probably not keeping it and ranked it lower than Deadpool. I don’t think that after the Deadpool review we all thought they loved that machine and it was a must buy.
Look at the other two reviews and remember what we are watching. A new company sold a machine to the other reviewing ,Greg is going to need to sell it. Zach is a great salesman and is selling the sizzle and expresses great enthusiasm but that is what is going to make him a successful business owner.
Greg was keeping it real to a point but pay attention.
I assume those that can afford these high dollar purchases are intelligent people but sometimes you all act like giddy school girls that are happy that someone is paying attention to you. Before you do something or make a decision make sure you realize that you were watching a infomercial inside a piece of entertainment. I have no problem with this as we are not being charged anything for it and they have been as upfront as possible with all these facts. I appreciate the content they have provided but it has been tainted a bit but go in with your eyes open.
PS.
I’ve played the game and I agree it’s beautiful and shoots well but it wasn’t particularly fun because the sounds,rules, & LCD didn’t do anything for me. If I was a fan of Munsters I’d probably buy it as well. Without playing it, you’ll never no for yourself.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There will always be an argument if we are biased or unbiased.
I do have to say that I do take some offense to this review being called and infomercial. I think if our mind set was that of an infomercial I would have been a bit more positive. Also we certainly wouldn’t have agreed to let two other people give there honest opinions of the game. Or we would have refrained from airing some of the more negative strong comments by both of them. My review was as honest as I could be with it. I’m not certain what subtle hints I gave to suggest other wise. As pertaining to Deadpool the only thing that gave DP a higher cumulative was it’s toys and innovation because of the sword lock and the theme. Munsters beat it in almost every other category!
We have done a ton of reviews prior to zach taking on flip n out. Some good some bad. We just gave a rave review of Godzilla. A game neither Zach nor I have stake in. We will soon be reviewing Alice Cooper both actually like it. By these standards we should crap on it because Spooky is competition that We have no stake in!
Zach had a Deadpool that he didn’t talk great about at all. He did this before he put it up for sale. There was no hesitation.
He just currently talked in market trends how DI is trending down and he is currently trying to get rid of it.
Whether people believe us or not our integrity on this show comes first. I will never be bought and paid for. I do respect your opinion and I know your a massive fan of the show so no hard feelings at all. I just disagree with the perception.

#3916 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I do have to say that I do take some offense to this review being called and infomercial. I think if our mind set was that of an infomercial I would have been a bit more positive. Also we certainly wouldn’t have agreed to let two other people give there honest opinions of the game. Or we would have refrained from airing some of the more negative strong comments by both of them. My review was as honest as I could be with it. I’m not certain what subtle hints I gave to suggest other wise. As pertaining to Deadpool the only thing that gave DP a higher cumulative was it’s toys and innovation because of the sword lock and the theme. Munsters beat it in almost every other category!
We have done a ton of reviews prior to zach taking on flip n out. Some good some bad. We just gave a rave review of Godzilla. A game neither Zach nor I have stake in. We will soon be reviewing Alice Cooper both actually like it. By these standards we should crap on it because Spooky is competition that We have no stake in!
Zach had a Deadpool that he didn’t talk great about at all. He did this before he put it up for sale. There was no hesitation.
He just currently talked in market trends how DI is trending down and he is currently trying to get rid of it.
Whether people believe us or not our integrity on this show comes first. I will never be bought and paid for. I do respect your opinion and I know your a massive fan of the show so no hard feelings at all. I just disagree with the perception.

Yeah, it's not like Zach had your mom hostage for a good review. Or did he...... The conspiracy grows!!!

#3917 5 years ago

I was feeling nervous about the new show format when it comes to game reviews, but you guys knocked it out of the park! Keep up the outstanding work gentlemen, and I look forward to all the new SDTM content there is to come.

#3918 5 years ago

Got a chance to watch it (twice today) and I believe you guys nailed Munsters.
In its current state B rules with room to grow, A+ art package because Franchi nailed it and the rest is pure personal preference scores.
We have to remember these are first impressions the real verdict will be a year or so down the road. By then the newness will have worn off and the game should be complete.
Personally I was in for an LE until the price smacked me in the face. I backed down to a Prem then found out my beautiful Franchi color art was not an option. Then almost settled on a Pro but I know I would be missing out on the lower playfield. So I stand buy waiting for a color Premium package to be announce which may never happen. Really wish the paddle targets were stand ups on pros and drops on the upper models, that is my only complaint.

Good show young men but I do miss Zach's opinions being tossed in there. Totally understand why you guys limit his input. Fortunately for Zach its business and pleasure. Coming off as unbiased is a task going forward. Zach you seem to be banished to a facilitator for the show rather than that unfiltered guy we all love / hate depending on the opinion shared.

Keep it up guys and I know we will all keep watching as you get closer and closer to that 3k subscriber mark.

#3919 5 years ago

Sorry , I forgot to say “ no offense “ first. Greg I was pointing out that you did give a very honest review inspite of it not being in your interest. The other two reviewers were more critical than you were but it seemed that the perception was that it was a great game that we must run out there a grab by comments from the “thread”. Infomercial was harsh but the commercial sponsorship/partnership is evident. I enjoy Pinstadiums and respect everyone’s opinion. I don’t have any friends that are into pinball and it’s nice to see someone’s opinion. I don’t value it more or less than any of the reviews I see on Pinside. Owners always rave about their purchases. Everyone has a bias tilt of some sort based on life experiences and motives. I’d assumed that you would like to get monetized by YouTube some day but I can tell that you take pride in the show and maybe if one of your Pets does something crazy in your videos you can get trending with a few hundred thousand views and you’ll be made. I enjoy the content and hope I didn’t hurt morale at the SDTM headquarters.

#3920 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Sorry , I forgot to say “ no offense “ first. Greg I was pointing out that you did give a very honest review inspite of it not being in your interest. The other two reviewers were more critical than you were but it seemed that the perception was that it was a great game that we must run out there a grab by comments from the “thread”. Infomercial was harsh but the commercial sponsorship/partnership is evident. I enjoy Pinstadiums and respect everyone’s opinion. I don’t have any friends that are into pinball and it’s nice to see someone’s opinion. I don’t value it more or less than any of the reviews I see on Pinside. Owners always rave about their purchases. Everyone has a bias tilt of some sort based on life experiences and motives. I’d assumed that you would like to get monetized by YouTube some day but I can tell that you take pride in the show and maybe if one of your Pets does something crazy in your videos you can get trending with a few hundred thousand views and you’ll be made. I enjoy the content and hope I didn’t hurt morale at the SDTM headquarters.

Ha ha hell no man! No moral hurt here. I agree life influences every thing we do. I had this conversation with a fellow pinsider one time. It’s completely impossible to not have subtle outside influence. But that’s different then being aware and make a decision to better/ hinder something such as a review!

#3921 5 years ago

Greg did you ever think that you would be compared to the Shamwow guy? Lmao....too funny!

shamwow-towel-1_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgshamwow-towel-1_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
#3922 5 years ago

Isn't he in prison? Edit- nope... not yet....

#3923 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Isn't he in prison? Edit- nope... not yet....

No he beat up a prostitute because she bit his tongue and wouldn't let go so he turned her face into hamburger meat trying to get her to let go of his tongue.

#3924 5 years ago

I wish i could do the photo shop thing because id love to put the Bones face on the shamwow guy.

#3925 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish i could do the photo shop thing because id love to put the Bones face on the shamwow guy.

Bone.jpgBone.jpg
#3926 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

[quoted image]

Ha ha ha I guess I missed my calling!

#3927 5 years ago

Double post

#3928 5 years ago

Man that is funny as a MF. Thanks Newovad!

#3929 5 years ago

Love the new review process. Pinball is so amazingly subjective that the more views presented on a pin the better. Keep up the great work, guys!

#3930 5 years ago

SDTM Cary Hardy: Pinball Clear Coating Booth on a Budget

#3931 5 years ago

Really great addition, exactly what SDTM needs to round out the lineup. I really look forward to this side of pinball, STDM does some times get a little player heavy. Chuck is great at the intricacies of rules and scoring, Greg is all enthusiasm and a fanboy in a great and positive way. Zach brings the buy and sell and you can tell he is the driving force behind the business perspective. You know Zach dreams of 24/7 content on the SDTM Network, and complete product service from manufacture to sales. I will not be surprised if one day he ends up owning Stern. The one thing I found missing was the content for the guys that love to work on a pin as much as they love to play. Cary seems like the perfect fit!

#3932 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Really great addition, exactly what SDTM needs to round out the lineup. I really look forward to this side of pinball, STDM does some times get a little player heavy. Chuck is great at the intricacies of rules and scoring, Greg is all enthusiasm and a fanboy in a great and positive way. Zach brings the buy and sell and you can tell he is the driving force behind the business perspective. You know Zach dreams of 24/7 content on the SDTM Network, and complete product service from manufacture to sales. I will not be surprised if one day he ends up owning Stern. The one thing I found missing was the content for the guys that love to work on a pin as much as they love to play. Cary seems like the perfect fit!

It’s like you’re reading my mind! Haha

#3933 5 years ago

Cary is going to bring a lot to this show!

#3934 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Cary Hardy: Pinball Clear Coating Booth on a Budget

Don't give Stern any more cost-reduction ideas...

#3935 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't give Stern any more cost-reduction ideas...

Ha ha that’s some good shit

Quoted from Darscot:

Man thank you for those words! And I agree! Really happy to have Carry!

#3936 5 years ago

A really nice episode. I really hope to be able to get a Munsters Prem... Don't know if or when I will be able to, but it's like 4th on my to get game list after Ghostbusters, Elivra 3(hopefully it will be out this year), and Attack from Mars Remake. And probably 5th will be CGC's next game whatever it might be... Sad thing is I only got space for 2 possibly 3 more pins... And I don't like selling or trading.

Anyway my issues aside. I enjoyed this episode, but I will say I don't like the guest reviewers. Not their addition per say, I enjoyed their insight and that in and of itself is a nice addition. What I didn't like was that Zach is recusing himself of reviews. I get the integrity and the self-censorship, its a noble sentiment, but I think an unnecessary one. I can see where you might be afraid to come off as either biased, or also afraid you might hurt your working relationship with the companies you plan to sell for... But, if you're honest and upfront with everyone, there should be no need.

You're never malignant, spiteful, or harsh in your reviews(Except for your blind hatred for Iron Maiden.. Up the irons!!!!!!). You speak your mind and your truth, and I think that's a good thing. A company should be open to its faults, and a customer should know and be reasonable that each pin is not the holy grail. Even the worst rated pins, you still say nice things about them.
I hope you reconsider and keep going with the reviews.
As per the weighted reviews. I think that is smart. And letting each reviewer pick their most important elements of a pin rating system is really smart.
For me I can look past rules and code, if its a fun, great looking, great themed game... And provided the code mostly works...
And so again... Long winded. But, I hope Zach you come back to reviews and give it more thought, because I really think if you are honest and upfront with everyone, you can have your cake and eat it too. Just maybe a disclaimer at the start. You still have a brain and an oppinon so express it, even if you have rubbish taste in music.
FYI... I'm a team Greg guy, not team Zach, but I enjoy your show. Nothing against Greg, but I think Zach is the better MC though.

#3937 5 years ago

Nah I think Zach's days of reviewing are over. They made the right move. You can't sell these things and also review - it's just not a look they want.

I like the guest reviewers and I feel like the bone is really firing on all cylinders.

#3938 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nah I think Zach's days of reviewing are over. They made the right move. You can't sell these things and also review - it's just not a look they want.
I like the guest reviewers and I feel like the bone is really firing on all cylinders.

Agree 100%

#3939 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

and I feel like the bone is really firing on all cylinders.

It's the wine. He did say it makes him horny...

#3940 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

It's the wine. He did say it makes him horny...

Yeah he did say that and if i was Zach I wouldn’t be sitting too close to him either! Did you see how he was eyeing Zach? None of my business, just sayin though.....

#3941 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah he did say that and if i was Zach I wouldn’t be sitting too close to him either! Did you see how he was eyeing Zach? None of my business, just sayin though.....

He's not WestHollywoodBone.

#3942 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It is a small step from offering biased pinball reviews one day to being compromised and working as the man’s puppet in the next. Zach made the right move to recuse himself, saving us all from the anguish. Cary will never sell out.

#3943 5 years ago

Zach will you still offer your reviews for older classic machines that you don't sell? Enjoy the new format with extra reviewers but would still like your perspective on the classics.

#3944 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Zach will you still offer your reviews for older classic machines that you don't sell? Enjoy the new format with extra reviewers but would still like your perspective on the classics.

Yep he will still be doing all the other reviews!!! So you still get to hear him blabber lol

#3945 5 years ago

Stern just released Spike schematics. How about a review/discussion of the node board system and potential impacts to home purchasers?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-releases-spike-schematics-#post-4861532

#3946 5 years ago

First production American Pinball Oktoberfest streaming live on SDTMpinball on Twitch! Come check it out

https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

First production American Pinball Oktoberfest streaming live on SDTMpinball on Twitch! Come check it out

I want to like this pin so badly. But the parts of the code with rock music just KILLS the theme integration.

#3948 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

"Castrated Monkey" is one of the awards?

EDIT: Some of the live cam shots are priceless.

(Gets very close to the screen) "Does that say CASTRATED MONKEY?!"

what_does_that_say (resized).jpgwhat_does_that_say (resized).jpg
#3949 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Castrated Monkey" is one of the awards?
EDIT: Some of the live cam shots are priceless.
(Gets very close to the screen) "Does that say CASTRATED MONKEY?!"[quoted image]

Ha ha I’m going to have to watch for those!!!!!

#3950 5 years ago

Ha ha I’m going to have to watch for those!!!!!

You have to drink more wine to see these things. Try some Bordeaux next time you’ll see it clear as day!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 300.00
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/79?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.