bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 125.
#3801 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha I’m not that good!
But I do like tough pins. So I take it for what it is. But at the same time my mom came over last night and was one mode away from munstermadness her second game and never plays! But she did love the Pin!

That's great when family can play together. Hope you got some good photo for memories.

#3802 5 years ago

Sooooo......the game is absolutely beautiful looking. No denying that. From layout of art to the quality of the characters. Sterns art quality is becomeing top notch on there cabs. Super glossy and rich colors.
The lay out is very nice. The flow is smooth. The orbits are fast. The ramps are balls out amazing. Both are way faster then expected. The left is steeper then expected but requires very little effort to get up. Even with a back hand if you get it just to the top it will work it’s way around. Love seeing that. Again I can’t stress enough how fast and smooth these ramps are!!! Another shot I Love is going into the pops. Such a tight little area but the ball goes right in. Just to the left the Kitty shot is great. Tough little shot!
It’s just a super fast pin. Wasn’t expecting it! My only complaint about layout is it feels like there is very little to shoot at. But that’s wrong ha ha. I counted 11 shots/openings on Munsters and the same on Guardians but for some reason it feels there is more to shoot at on Guardians.......?
Munsters is also no slouch. It’s not the wide open easy shooter you would think it is. It can be tricky getting your shots down. But man when you do it’s combos heaven and with that speed if you get it rolling good youll have a ball get by you with out even knowing it happened.
The light show is killer. Great stuff even though it is by far the darkest damn stern ever. Not just in the middle. Every one that’s played it at my House didn’t hardly notice spot pop up it’s so dark! But again the light show its self is great.
The zap button is a cool edition. But to utilize it you have to be quick and hit it often. I know like it but I know some won’t!
Now the code......! I just don’t know how I feel. I enjoy the risk reward and I like having the progressing of of shoots being worth more in a mode the more you hit. That’s nice. Plus I love that the shots are all color coded for easy understanding of that progression. Spot is probably my favorite mode. It actually feels like a mode. And fun to run through. My chief complaint is like most. Just too easy to run through the modes.Even with it being more about points it’s disappointing to see most of the game so quickly. Maybe make it so I have to at least complete the modes rather than just start them. Again I know it’s more about points and how you do in the modes but just personal preference.
I got to level 2 Munster madness the third day owning it. I personally couldn’t identify really any difference from level one game play to level 2. That being said it’s still a fun pin. But something is missing in that code. It’s missing the mystery of what’s to come as you progress through the game. Mode or points I want to see some thing different the longer I play. I want to see or at least feel a change in call outs or something. The game has a lot of unique things about it that really separate it! So I’m super excited to see what’s to come with it.

Great to see an honest review Hollywoodbone, everything about the Munsters look sic (Awesome)

you say that it feels like less to shoot at as compaired to gotg.
I have always felt the missing piece was that Lily was not a 4 bank drop.

Code on the other hand - Argggggg
I too really hope this changes

Thanks for the write up

#3803 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Great to see an honest review Hollywoodbone, everything about the Munsters look sic (Awesome)
you say that it feels like less to shoot at as compaired to gotg.
I have always felt the missing piece was that Lily was not a 4 bank drop.
Code on the other hand - Argggggg
I too really hope this changes
Thanks for the write up

I do think it would have been good to have a four bank for that reason because you hit Lilly so often inadvertently you don’t pay much attention to her. She does play a good part into scoring but again you almost never need to concentrate on her. I will say both mono targets do not bother me as bad I I thought they would.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

That's great when family can play together. Hope you got some good photo for memories.

Always!
Can’t wait for you to get your hands on one. Not a bad Pin by any means just needs a little more.
What are some of your favorite pins? Want something to compare it to

#3804 5 years ago

That's the problem with buying a new Stern right at release. The code. I bought a Kiss Pro at release. I liked the layout and the way it shoots and the light show but the code just wasn't doing it for me. I waited it out and three years later i couldn't be happier now that the code matches the game play. Kevin

#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from kms_pinball:

That's the problem with buying a new Stern right at release. The code. I bought a Kiss Pro at release. I liked the layout and the way it shoots and the light show but the code just wasn't doing it for me. I waited it out and three years later i couldn't be happier now that the code matches the game play. Kevin

I agree. Very expected

#3806 5 years ago

Congrats Greg. Nothing like your first NIB game! Enjoy!

Your mini review matches my thoughts. Be very interested to hear what you think about game play depth/fun after a month or so.

#3807 5 years ago

Bone - I love your honestly in your review. Highlighting the great but not shying away from a core issue = code. Don't change!

Enjoy the game. Like TWD, code can be updated significantly.

#3808 5 years ago

I agree. Very expected

But what did you think of your distributor? Seems like you couldn't get him out of your house! lol You would have thought he would have at least dusted off that box knowing you have germ issues. Hard to find good help some days...

#3809 5 years ago

This was meant to be a simple fun game like an older game but there does need to be a little more meat on the bone. The biggest thing that worries me is Dwight says its done except for some bug fixes. I hope that Stern makes him add more to the code because this game deserves it.

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Bone - I love your honestly in your review. Highlighting the great but not shying away from a core issue = code. Don't change!
Enjoy the game. Like TWD, code can be updated significantly.

Thanks! The only thing I’m good at is being honest lol!

Quoted from Yelobird:

But what did you think of your distributor? Seems like you couldn't get him out of your house! lol You would have thought he would have at least dusted off that box knowing you have germ issues. Hard to find good help some days...

Super disappointed! I expected a clean box and in and out service for such a reputable dealer!!!!!
All in all I guess I give him an A

#3811 5 years ago

Thanks! The only thing I’m good at is being honest lol!

Super disappointed! I expected a clean box and in and out service for such a reputable dealer!!!!!
All in all I guess I give him an A

An "A"!!!! Holly wow Batman that's a Bone first he must be Spectacular! Glad he was my Munsters dealer (Pin pusher) and future purchase seller. As a side note your daughter has some real talent. Might give Franchi a run for his money some day congrats.

#3812 5 years ago
Quoted from kms_pinball:

I brought the Kiss Le, but the code took way too long for me to wait.
Sold it

#3813 5 years ago

It’s just a super fast pin. Wasn’t expecting it! My only complaint about layout is it feels like there is very little to shoot at. But that’s wrong ha ha. I counted 11 shots/openings on Munsters and the same on Guardians but for some reason it feels there is more to shoot at on Guardians.......?

Seems like a lot of people have that opinion. Anyone think it is because the shots are closer to flippers overall in GOTG than in the Munsters? Scoop on the right, Yandu on the left. The orb shot is closer than Grandpa and you have to knock the standup down.

#3814 5 years ago

Yeah, he could have at least gotten an extra empty box for your daughter.

(He has a cool van though and didn’t just dump the game in your driveway)

#3815 5 years ago
Quoted from kms_pinball:

That's the problem with buying a new Stern right at release. The code.

It’s really only an issue if you must have an LE. If not, you should have at least a couple years to decide.

#3816 5 years ago

Slightly off topic question. SDTM...is that still available as an audio only podcast? Seems like my podcast player isn't picking up any new shows.

#3817 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Slightly off topic question. SDTM...is that still available as an audio only podcast? Seems like my podcast player isn't picking up any new shows.

Yes it’s still available but I have to upload the last handful still. It’s on the list, our apologies for the delay.

#3818 5 years ago

Thanks Zach, no need to apologize. What's the best place for the RSS audio only?

#3819 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks Zach, no need to apologize. What's the best place for the RSS audio only?

He should apologize! I personally would email Greg and let him know Zach is slacking on the job and Hope he doesn't get fired! Jhhhsh, open a new pinball distributorship and the slacking begins!! lol

#3820 5 years ago

SDTM Zach and Pinball Profile’s Jeff Teolis deliver you this week’s latest pinball news AND they battle in a BRAND NEW SEGMENT: Pinball Voice-Off!

https://www.facebook.com/162586444242633/posts/548938645607409/

#3821 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Zach and Pinball Profile’s Jeff Teolis deliver you this week’s latest pinball news AND they battle in a BRAND NEW SEGMENT: Pinball Voice-Off!
https://www.facebook.com/162586444242633/posts/548938645607409/

So many segments...

#3822 5 years ago

Zach what the hell were you doing in Ohio today? Please tell me that the older lady that you had with you wasnt Gregs mom?? Sick little b@stard! The I love Pizza King sticker gave you away!

20190204_143117 (resized).jpg20190204_143117 (resized).jpg
#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zach what the hell were you doing in Ohio today? Please tell me that the older lady that you had with you wasnt Gregs mom?? Sick little b@stard! The I love Pizza King sticker gave you away![quoted image]

You would know if it's Zach's car as it has Pinstadium UV lighting in the wheel wells and undercarriage. PS addition. lol

#3824 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You would know if it's Zach's car as it has Pinstadium UV lighting in the wheel wells and undercarriage. PS addition. lol

Oh it was Zach trust me. I pulled up beside them and he was grinning ear to ear happy as a pig in shit. I guess he thought that he wouldn't get caught if he left the state. Looks like that plan backfired on him!

#3826 5 years ago

I’ll have to say. Munsters is growing on me a bit......

#3827 5 years ago

I’ll have to say. Munsters is growing on me a bit......

Not too light on code to be fun then?

#3828 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not too light on code to be fun then?

You just have to have a really open mind ha ha. I just don’t know how to take it. Such an odd ball pin. I can say it keeps me coming back though. I’ll give a good update in the next week or so after I load up on some game play,

#3829 5 years ago

You just have to have a really open mind ha ha. I just don’t know how to take it. Such an odd ball pin. I can say it keeps me coming back though. I’ll give a good update in the next week or so after I load up on some game play,

I dont know much about it since i don't have many games on it but it was fun as hell, i do know that much!

#3830 5 years ago

Hey Zach & Greg - sorry for interrupting the Munsters discussions - just wanted to say THANKS for your SW endorsement on one of your (recent?) past episodes. I picked up a Premium recently (partially based on your hearty recommendations) and I'm having a blast playing it! You guys need to update your original review of the game.

Now back to Munsters talk ...

#3831 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont know much about it since i don't have many games on it but it was fun as hell, i do know that much!

Who-dey - did you get a munsters yet?

#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Who-dey - did you get a munsters yet?

No but im definitely going to. Hopefully Uncle Sam is good to me this year and i can get it then. I played it though and i really like it. Its beautiful and fun.

#3833 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hey Zach & Greg - sorry for interrupting the Munsters discussions - just wanted to say THANKS for your SW endorsement on one of your (recent?) past episodes. I picked up a Premium recently (partially based on your hearty recommendations) and I'm having a blast playing it! You guys need to update your original review of the game.
Now back to Munsters talk ...

No problem. We love that game and it doesn’t get the love it deserves. Glad you’re enjoying it! Good call going prem/le.

#3834 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No problem. We love that game and it doesn’t get the love it deserves. Glad you’re enjoying it! Good call going prem/le.

The one thing holding me back on a SW Prem is that I hear the Death Star fork shot can be “inconsistent” due to the design. Is there a way to adjust it?

#3835 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The one thing holding me back on a SW Prem is that I hear the Death Star fork shot can be “inconsistent” due to the design. Is there a way to adjust it?

SW (premium, LE) is absolutely great. Love it personally. A few had issues with the fork but not to difficult to adjust like most things pinball.

#3836 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I got lucky I suppose. Mine was so good that it’s easily one of my favorite shots in pinball. So much adrenaline

#3837 5 years ago

SDTM Greg installs Mod Couple mods on his Stern Munsters Pro pinball machine.

#3838 5 years ago

Looks good Greg! Munsters is one of the best looking pinball machines ever made.

#3839 5 years ago

I bought all of the Mods based on you name dropping during the unboxing video.

Thank you both very much.
I value your guys options and dig the game room.

#3840 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I bought all of the Mods based on you name dropping during the unboxing video.
Thank you both very much.
I value your guys options and dig the game room.

That’s very nice thank you and enjoy that smooth shootin machine.

#3841 5 years ago

Looks like someone stole your idea for “this or that”

0CB4A63B-F7BA-46AF-8F12-A1C17DB2DBEF (resized).jpeg0CB4A63B-F7BA-46AF-8F12-A1C17DB2DBEF (resized).jpeg
#3842 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Looks like someone stole your idea for “this or that”
[quoted image]

They didn't invent "this or that" it's been around forever. See also, "would you rather".

#3843 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They didn't invent "this or that" it's been around forever. See also, "would you rather".

Or my personal favorite, "F, Marry, Kill" lol

#3844 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:Looks like someone stole your idea for “this or that”
[quoted image]

Those sons of bitches. Screw You Kraft!!!

Quoted from Darscot:

Nope it’s a fact that This Or That is all SDTM

#3845 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or my personal favorite, "F, Marry, Kill" lol

Oh I agree but a
Monster to edit

#3846 5 years ago

Size Does Matter!

SDTM Episode 87: Godzilla Pinball Machine Review

#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Size Does Matter!

Woo new video!

#3848 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Size Does Matter!

Godzilla review? Whut??

We want a Munsters Pro review Homey!!

#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Godzilla review? Whut??
We want a Munsters Pro review Homey!!

I think they are doing more of a "impressions" video on new pins rather than a review, since Zach now sells them fancy stern machines. At least that was my understanding but I could be wrong.

#3850 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think they are doing more of a "impressions" video on new pins rather than a review, since Zach now sells them fancy stern machines. At least that was my understanding but I could be wrong.

Im close to buying one and if Zach telle me it sucks then i save 5 grand!

P.S. Just kidding, im buying one no matter what he says!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/77?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.