bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 125.
#3651 5 years ago

I really, really wish you could get a pro in black and white.. oh who am I kidding I can't buy any nib anyway.

#3652 5 years ago

Another great episode and everything about the Munsters looks like they hit this one out of the park. The only thing I can say is why do they have to completely get it together on the Munsters. This theme just does not work for me. Why could Stern not deliver like this for Star Wars or Deadpool? I am sure Elvira is going to epic as well, I'm still holding out hope for the rumored Pulp Fiction. With my luck it will drop with no soundtrack and be family friendly. Come on Stern let this be the standard going forward.

#3653 5 years ago

Greg - fantastic job on kinedas podcast. Great points about pirates as you literally took the words out of my mouth! No casual I know even knows about rules in pinball and they are instantly drawn to the damn ship. Great points.

Zach heard you were invited but didn't want to join? Step it up son. I love his podcast and love sdtm so this episode was perfect. Greg nice job stepping in. Hopefully it's not your last one.

#3654 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Another great episode and everything about the Munsters looks like they hit this one out of the park. The only thing I can say is why do they have to completely get it together on the Munsters. This theme just does not work for me. Why could Stern not deliver like this for Star Wars or Deadpool? I am sure Elvira is going to epic as well, I'm still holding out hope for the rumored Pulp Fiction. With my luck it will drop with no soundtrack and be family friendly. Come on Stern let this be the standard going forward.

Man I know. If the code is good the only thing that’s going to keep me from loving it is the theme!

Quoted from delt31:

Greg - fantastic job on kinedas podcast. Great points about pirates as you literally took the words out of my mouth! No casual I know even knows about rules in pinball and they are instantly drawn to the damn ship. Great points.
Zach heard you were invited but didn't want to join? Step it up son. I love his podcast and love sdtm so this episode was perfect. Greg nice job stepping in. Hopefully it's not your last one.

Hey thanks man! Yeah most likely won’t be my last. It was some good discussion. Love him or hate him he sparks a lot of thought! It gets my mind going.......for better or worse ha ha

#3655 5 years ago

Special k...

#3656 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Man I know. If the code is good the only thing that’s going to keep me from loving it is the theme!

The theme is why it is selling so well. The code sounds like its pretty weak. Why have you been so excited about a pin that you don't like the theme of? I thought thats why you was excited about the game in the first place?

#3657 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The theme is why it is selling so well. The code sounds like its pretty weak. Why have you been so excited about a pin that you don't like the theme of? I thought thats why you was excited about the game in the first place?

I can't imagine its really that popular a theme. Stern nailed this pin and I think that is swinging a lot of people. Its a TV show that had two seasons before being canned in 66. I don't know Greg and Zach birth years but it has to be close to two decades before they were born, shit their parents might not have been alive. To have actually watched this show and been old enough to remember you have to be... well you guys know how old you are.

#3658 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can't imagine its really that popular a theme. Stern nailed this pin and I think that is swinging a lot of people. Its a TV show that had two seasons before being canned in 66. I don't know Greg and Zach birth years but it has to be close to two decades before they were born, shit their parents might not have been alive. To have actually watched this show and been old enough to remember you have to be... well you guys know how old you are.

This game is no different than any other Borg game, nothing new at all other than the lower playfield that most people don't want anyways. Monsters/horror and pinball go together and the Munsters are awesome. That is why people are loving this game for the most part. Its the theme and the bad ass artwork that is causing all the hype!

#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is no different than any other Borg game, nothing new at all other than the lower playfield that most people don't want anyways. Monsters/horror and pinball go together and the Munsters are awesome. That is why people are loving this game for the most part. Its the theme and the bad ass artwork that is causing all the hype!

My first impression at the reveal was that Stern finally raised the bar. This is the first Stern (for me) that looks polished like a JJP or American Pinball. There is not a shred horror in this theme. This is the first reveal that I feel genuinely excited for Stern and that is a hell of a feat with this theme. How many pinsiders are actually into the Munsters outside of the pin. I could be wrong but I don't see a lot of memorabilia, movies, music and conventions for The Munsters.

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is the first Stern (for me) that looks polished like a JJP or American Pinball.

Wow.

#3661 5 years ago

Looks, not sure its there as far as toys and code but damn it looks good. The pin just looks like the best version of the theme. When I saw Star Wars I thought, really that is the best they could do with Star Wars, JJP would have done it so much better. With Munsters if JJP did this theme I think it would be about the same, not sure it would have been any better. Look at LOTR vs Hobbit, JJP looks and feels like the Hobbit, LOTR is a killer pin, arguably better but it looks like ass. Batman 66 looks pretty good, I can grant it looks like an awesome version of the theme. Guardians, Dead Pool, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden all look good but none of them to me look like the best you could do with the theme. I shouldn't really count American Pinball as a whole because its pretty early but Houdini and Octoberfest nail the theme and style.

#3662 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

How many pinsiders are actually into the Munsters outside of the pin.

I know a lot of people on here who love the Munsters and thats why they want this game. It's a fantastic theme i think. I think even Zach likes the Munsters and he's still wet behind the ears.

I don't know how anybody couldn't love the Munsters. They are like the great American family! Its basically the pinball and horror thing though. Pinball and horror has ALWAYS been a winning combo, even if its comedic horror. I bet this game is going to have some awesome mods also. Zach will be in mod heaven and have the sweetest Munsters Pro around i bet.

#3663 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My first impression at the reveal was that Stern finally raised the bar.

Damn right Skippy! I felt the same way!
TheLaw is not easily impressed for some reason?

#3664 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TheLaw is not easily impressed for some reason?

Correct, I have to balance you guys out buy not going ape shit every time a new game is released

Do I like the look of the game? Sure, it's fantastic. Do I think it's a good deal better than IMDN, GB, MET? No not really.
It's literally a sort of off the shelf Borg layout.

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't know how anybody couldn't love the Munsters. They are like the great American family! Its basically the pinball and horror thing though. Pinball and horror has ALWAYS been a winning combo, even if its comedic horror.

I said this in another thread but I honestly hate this theme and could not stand the show. I don't think it got much play up here in Canada. I only ever saw it as as filler when they typically would slot in I love Lucy or The Honeymooners. It would come on and it was just some weird comedy that to me was sacrilege to classic monster movies. I always thought, what is this shit, it just did not compare to Lucy or the Honeymooners, they were brilliance that defined the genre. The Munsters not so much.

#3666 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know a lot of people on here who love the Munsters and thats why they want this game. It's a fantastic theme i think. I think even Zach likes the Munsters and he's still wet behind the ears.
I don't know how anybody couldn't love the Munsters. They are like the great American family! Its basically the pinball and horror thing though. Pinball and horror has ALWAYS been a winning combo, even if its comedic horror. I bet this game is going to have some awesome mods also. Zach will be in mod heaven and have the sweetest Munsters Pro around i bet.

eh. feels like they really reached to the bottom of the 'idea barrel' with this theme but i concede that stern does know their demographic better than i do (and it must trend towards the 50+ age group).

i do enjoy how this pin looks and the gameplay looks fun enough.

but does the market really need ANOTHER pin based on a long cancelled television series? i suppose the marketplace will bear evidence in a few months.

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I always thought, what is this shit

#3668 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

does the market really need ANOTHER pin based on a long cancelled television series?

Yes Sir it sure does!

#3669 5 years ago

but does the market really need ANOTHER pin based on a long cancelled television series?

Well it's the theme they were after, not the content I think. It's monsters, it's classic, it seems to be made to go up against MBre; so that all makes sense.

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it's the theme they were after, not the content I think. It's monsters, it's classic, it seems to be made to go up against MBre; so that all makes sense.

i suppose i can see that. seems weird to compete against a re-release of a classic 90's pin but there is only so many dollars to go around in the pinball world.

its just a bummer when you think of all the great un-tapped themes that are out there and that i'm going to have to wait until i'm 70 for the Seinfeld themed pin.

#3671 5 years ago

seems weird to compete against a re-release of a classic 90's pin...

Well I don't think anyone saw it coming that's for sure.

#3672 5 years ago

i suppose i can see that. seems weird to compete against a re-release of a classic 90's pin but there is only so many dollars to go around in the pinball world.
its just a bummer when you think of all the great un-tapped themes that are out there and that i'm going to have to wait until i'm 70 for the Seinfeld themed pin.

My god how amazing would a Seinfeld pin be! They would have to have a mode that you if you didn't flip you would lose points but also lose points for everything you hit. So you just had to try and do nothing

#3673 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct, I have to balance you guys out buy not going ape shit every time a new game is released
Do I like the look of the game? Sure, it's fantastic. Do I think it's a good deal better than IMDN, GB, MET? No not really.

Ever so often the law and I are on the same page and this is another example. The hype on this fill in the blank Borg layout... it's so over the top it's crazy. Highly overrated in my mind although it looks like the hype machine is slowing down due to code letdown.

I'll hype up things I'm excited for so I get it but I'm not on board here and it would be hypercritical if I didn't say the same. I'm not here just to kiss ass.

Whodey - I'm excited for you though. Seriously I'm happy you're happy about it.

#3674 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's basically a Ritchie main playfield (AC/DC), with a Lawlor lower (Family Guy/Shrek).

That's not bad for sure, but I think the non-offensive "pinheads love monsters!" theme and kickass art package pack a lot of value.

The code is just something I'm not crazy about. I wish first multi balls were easy to achieve so you can stack, but I don't want to see the whole Level 1 game on Day 1.

For a family though, this probably is near perfect. I'm not sure it'll kick my ass enough as I'm currently on an AC/DC and Fish Tales kick.

#3675 5 years ago

Monsters was before my time and I have maybe seen a bit of it. That is to say I vaguely remember what it is. No one in my house had a clue about the show. Looks sort of interesting but I have no interest in owning. Happy for those that liked the show and are excited about the pin.

#3677 5 years ago

Very cool! Congrats Zach and best of luck to you and your wife with your new business!

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Big News!!! Help a guy out

Congratulations to you and your lovely wife. No easy task filling the shoes of Larry and Donna but if anyone will be able to do so with Continued honesty and Professionalism it will be you! Larry will be missed and wish for them wonderful adventures together. Flippen Out Pinball will continue strong and we look forward to a continued business and friendship relationship for many years to come. Side note, does this mean we will be getting corn based moonshine for future sale?? Best to you Both!!!

The Mod Couple
Dave and Darcy

#3679 5 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! Your living the dream

#3681 5 years ago

Wow! Congrats Zach! So cool to partner wife your wife on this new endeavor. Hope you have fun

#3682 5 years ago

Congrats Zach! Very cool news. I bought an Escalera from Larry a few years back and will definitely keep you guys in mind for future pinball purchases. Hmmm, if that Star Wars topper ever comes out I may contact you about buying one lol.

#3683 5 years ago

Congrats Zach! Inspiring to see someone with so much passion follow their dream. Will you be selling used games through the company as well?

#3684 5 years ago

Good Luck and a wonderful way to mix bussiness with pleasure... should be a wonderful new dynamic now between you and your wife... Now she can nag, nay, dare I say actually Bitch at you to sell more pinball machines and now you will love to hear it and thank her often for it. I’m kiding, sure, but it is probably true.

#3685 5 years ago

Congratulations Zach to you and your wife! I have no doubt that you will be very successful!

#3686 5 years ago

Wow - big move Zach. Wish you the best of luck! You seem very well positioned (and qualified) to do the job.

I wonder how or if this will impact the show -especially the reviews (considering negative reviews on new games certainly doesn't assist in moving product nor do they help with manufacturer relationships). I always appreciated the straight forward nature of the show. Hopefully that continues.

#3687 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wonder how or if this will impact the show -especially the reviews (considering negative reviews on new games certainly doesn't assist in moving product nor do they help with manufacturer relationships). I always appreciated the straight forward nature of the show. Hopefully that continues.

This is my concern re: the show; lets be real it WILL change now that you are selling these games AND having to buy games from the manufacturers as a business. I don't think you will intend to change your style, but that just seems like the realistic end of the road.

Congrats on the new venture! And I have enjoyed the "free to me" pinball entertainment you guys have produced to date. Even if your style changes a little and I have to start adding a grain of salt here and there, the world will not end

#3688 5 years ago

They never really gave games a bad review anyways so i dont think you will see much of a change. Also between his professional job and his pinball job he may not even have time to do many shows anymore. Zach is probably going to be busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

#3689 5 years ago

Congrats Zach. Really happy for you. Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life!

#3690 5 years ago

Congrats Zach and Mrs. Zach, who we can safely assume is one of the best wives ever!

#3691 5 years ago

Thanks for all the kind messages everyone. Looking forward to 2019 and all it has to offer with pinball.

Regarding the SDTM show, Greg and I aren’t going anywhere. Sure, some re-formatting will be in place, but I assure you, our attitudes and banter will only continue as we kick 2019’s ass with continued content, new ideas, better quality, and more surprises. Trust us, we will keep you entertained.

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can't imagine its really that popular a theme. Stern nailed this pin and I think that is swinging a lot of people. Its a TV show that had two seasons before being canned in 66.

Firefly had one incomplete season of only 14 episodes and is tremendously popular in the afterlife. It happens.

Munsters shot seventy (yes, 7 dash 0) episodes in two seasons. That's SEVEN netflix seasons by today's standards. They have a lot of episodes in the can that are in constant repeats around the world, and they still hold up pretty well, so it does good in syndication, growing the fanbase every 8-10 years, and it's been through that cycle 5-6 times already. It's popular.

#3693 5 years ago

When I buy again I'll give you a call Zach!

#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Munsters shot fifty (yes, 5 dash 0) episodes in two seasons. That's FIVE netflix seasons by today's standards. They have a lot of episodes in the can that are in constant repeats around the world, and they still hold up pretty well, so it does good in syndication, growing the fanbase every 8-10 years, and it's been through that cycle 5-6 times already. It's popular.

70 episodes over two seasons according to Wikipedia

#3695 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

70 episodes over two seasons according to Wikipedia

I really should not rely on my memory for a quick reply without double-checking the internet first. Post corrected, thanks.

#3696 5 years ago

welcome to the darkside of pinball. the side where everyone thinks you have the greatest job until they realise that you are working at the shows, not walking around and playing games. that you are there from the opening bell until after closing trying to make sales.

Larry and I had a good working relationship. if there is anything that you guys think i can help with, just let me know.

do you have a show schedule yet? will you be doing the Escalera booths as larry and donna did, or will you get more into the pinball booths?

looking forward to seeing you at the next shows.

#3697 5 years ago

Congrats,that’s huge! All the best on your new venture!

#3698 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

welcome to the darkside of pinball. the side where everyone thinks you have the greatest job until they realise that you are working at the shows, not walking around and playing games. that you are there from the opening bell until after closing trying to make sales.
Larry and I had a good working relationship. if there is anything that you guys think i can help with, just let me know.
do you have a show schedule yet? will you be doing the Escalera booths as larry and donna did, or will you get more into the pinball booths?
looking forward to seeing you at the next shows.

Thanks Chris I appreciate the support of one of the best distributors out there. I’m sure I have my work cut out for me, here’s hoping friends will stop by our booth instead of me pestering them in there’s haha.

Flip N Out Pinball will likely stick with a similar show schedule.

- Louisville
- Texas
- Atlanta
- Chicago
- Nashville
NEW - Cincinnati

We will have the Escaleras with us and hopefully will be able to bring extras for attendees to purchase. And of special note, hopefully we can coerce Greg Bone to make appearances, battle some people, and film some episodes along the way.

Looking forward to seeing the Brothers Meunier at the next show as well!

#3699 5 years ago

Congrats Zach!

#3700 5 years ago

Greg can be the escalara

Quoted from ZMeny:

... And of special note, hopefully we can coerce Greg Bone to make appearances, battle some people, and film some episodes along the way. ..

Maybe he can be the escalera man. Have him riding it up and down stairs all show long. haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 300.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/74?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.