bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 125.
#3501 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Things are less super-secret when you announce them here...

The SDTM thread is the underground club...they are privy to all...

#3502 5 years ago

I like the SDTM thread because it doesn't take itself as cereal as the rest of Pinside.

And Zach and Greg are a pair of characters... you get that "sitting in your hotel room shooting the shit at Expo with your buddies" vibe and I love shooting the shit at any pinfest.

And yes I am being very cereal!!!

#3503 5 years ago

Hey Zach I recall you saying you were going to review every model of a pin does that include jjp pins ? As Stern premium and le play different to the pro l was just wondering if you're going to do a review on the CE of Pirates , I think the playfield art, armour decorations and Cabinet art artwork including radcals (expensive) and topper ( a moving ship and waves in a bottle with lightning effects ) might change the score . At the end of the day gameplay is what matters most but Lord of the Rings and Star Wars lose points because of their art work ( and I agree ) with the low production numbers ( 200 ) is it worth the extra $$$ .As your reviews cover the whole package, I was just wondering .

#3504 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hey Zach I recall you saying you were going to review every model of a pin does that include jjp pins ? As Stern premium and le play different to the pro l was just wondering if you're going to do a review on the CE of Pirates , I think the playfield art, armour decorations and Cabinet art artwork including radcals (expensive) and topper ( a moving ship and waves in a bottle with lightning effects ) might change the score . At the end of the day gameplay is what matters most but Lord of the Rings and Star Wars lose points because of their art work ( and I agree ) with the low production numbers ( 200 ) is it worth the extra $$$ .As your reviews cover the whole package, I was just wondering .

Each trim qualifies I suppose with JJP but doesn’t make much sense to review individually. Maybe we comment on the grade modification for different trims at the end of the review.

#3505 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Each trim qualifies I suppose with JJP but doesn’t make much sense to review individually. Maybe we comment on the grade modification for different trims at the end of the review.

Agree

#3506 5 years ago

How about some more game play or high scores on the new POTC? Great and unique unboxing arrrrrrrh!!!

#3507 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

How about some more game play or high scores on the new POTC? Great and unique unboxing arrrrrrrh!!!

Hoping to have that shortly

#3508 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I like the SDTM thread because it doesn't take itself as cereal as the rest of Pinside.
And Zach and Greg are a pair of characters... you get that "sitting in your hotel room shooting the shit at Expo with your buddies" vibe and I love shooting the shit at any pinfest.
And yes I am being very cereal!!!

So what your saying is Bubblehead that you like to talk a lot and you're a big bullshitter right? Who would have ever thought?

#3509 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Fair enough.

#3510 5 years ago

@who-dey... absolutely. You will need hip waders.

#3511 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

who-dey... absolutely. You will need hip waders.

I can only imagine lol. Guess I'll find out next time you come to Dayton to see your Mom. Hopefully you can swing by the house and have a beer and let me give you a pinball lesson or two!

#3512 5 years ago

I've been out of the loop and catching-up. Just saw the pirates video. Pretty impressed with you zach that you can take down 10 and you don't drink that much? Took it like a champ. Did you puke afterwards? No question you got the spins that night.

EDIT - just saw the guy commenting about alcohol poisoning. Seriously? Back in the day, before the snowflakes, we used to call it getting wasted. Somehow I lived, all my friends lived and it looks like Zach lived!! thank god! Mayo clinic never went to college I guess. Everything is so soft these days.

#3513 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've been out of the loop and catching-up. Just saw the pirates video. Pretty impressed with you zach that you can take down 10 and you don't drink that much? Took it like a champ. Did you puke afterwards? No question you got the spins that night.

EDIT

#3514 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

EDIT - just saw the guy commenting about alcohol poisoning. Seriously? Back in the day, before the snowflakes, we used to call it getting wasted. Somehow I lived, all my friends lived and it looks like Zach lived!! thank god! Mayo clinic never went to college I guess. Everything is so soft these days.

No vomiting, but I was dragging ass the next two days.

#3515 5 years ago

Zach's a pirate!!!
b0d861b017bce5cb505b71b032ba4cd9 (resized).jpgb0d861b017bce5cb505b71b032ba4cd9 (resized).jpg

#3516 5 years ago
5BE332B5-033E-4ED2-AD2E-E0BBA8EF4C6D.gif5BE332B5-033E-4ED2-AD2E-E0BBA8EF4C6D.gif
#3517 5 years ago
d13a1e0e13ee5eb3f25540e137be2b95 (resized).jpgd13a1e0e13ee5eb3f25540e137be2b95 (resized).jpg
#3518 5 years ago

I’d just like to say thank you to Zach and Greg for making such a great show. You guys seem like 2 buddies discussing pinball and making fun of each other and we just happen to get a glimpse into your world. Keep up the great work!

#3519 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I’d just like to say thank you to Zach and Greg for making such a great show. You guys seem like 2 buddies discussing pinball and making fun of each other and we just happen to get a glimpse into your world. Keep up the great work!

I heard that the next show Zach and Greg are going to have a drinking contest to see who can drink who under the table.

#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I heard that the next show Zach and Greg are going to have a drinking contest to see who can drink who under the table.

I’m team Greg for that challenge if we are taking wagers.

#3521 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I still can't believe the Z man put down 10 shots in that video especially b/c he says he doesn't drink. That's pretty damn impressive even to get that much down.

#3522 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I still can't believe the Z man put down 10 shots in that video especially b/c he says he doesn't drink. That's pretty damn impressive even to get that much down.

It really is honestly lol. Ole Zach was like ARRRRGH shiver me timbers lol! Theres no shame in being a non drinker though, his body will thank him for it later on in life.

#3524 5 years ago

Zach and Greg and friends,

Talk me in/out of trying to sell/transfer my MBrLE spot and getting a JJP POTC.

I'm a (below) average player and my favorite shooting pin is DI (still only get 1-2 sim cards every ten plays).

I just got into the hobby this year and this would be my first pin. Probably my only pin for several months.

I love playing jjp potc on location. I enjoy MB as well, but have only played it 5-10 times. The remake looks beautiful.

#3525 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I'm a (below) average player and my favorite shooting pin is DI (still only get 1-2 sim cards every ten plays).
I just got into the hobby this year and this would be my first pin. Probably my only pin for several months.
I love playing jjp potc on location. I enjoy MB as well, but have only played it 5-10 times. The remake looks beautiful.

Very different pins buddy. I’d go with potc because there is more to do. However, nothing shoots quite like a Monster Bash. POTC would look fantastic sitting next to DI as well. Can’t go wrong with either. If you go MBr at least go SE

#3526 5 years ago

Ahhhh....much better.

Move over Tortuga Tom, Captain Jack Sparrow is coming aboard!

I love this mod!!!
012D2D13-F4DA-42AF-BCD0-792E01E6DCC7 (resized).jpeg012D2D13-F4DA-42AF-BCD0-792E01E6DCC7 (resized).jpegDD0E96D7-404C-4A34-B641-709A8FA355E0 (resized).jpegDD0E96D7-404C-4A34-B641-709A8FA355E0 (resized).jpeg22A82B60-1E97-4D1C-A8DA-AFC01E7C4F09 (resized).jpeg22A82B60-1E97-4D1C-A8DA-AFC01E7C4F09 (resized).jpeg572C81F9-9CCC-4D37-98E5-B4238BB0E753 (resized).jpeg572C81F9-9CCC-4D37-98E5-B4238BB0E753 (resized).jpeg

22562F47-F60A-41F0-A46F-3A28BE84A0E1 (resized).jpeg22562F47-F60A-41F0-A46F-3A28BE84A0E1 (resized).jpeg
#3527 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhhh....much better.
I love this mod!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very nice mod

#3529 5 years ago

As a fellow MBrLE awaitee and a fan of POTC, let me try and help you out. That MBrLE will be made, sold, and gone. That is almost a certainty. The number of POTC to be built is not a finite number or published like the 1250 MBrLE that will be produced. So you have to ask yourself how lucky you feel and whether or not a Monster Bash will stay in your collection like a POTC will. If you pass on MBrLE, finding one in the future might be harder than finding a POTC. It's up to you to decide which one is more fun on a long term basis and if you pass on POTC now, will finding one later be harder than finding an MBrLE? Which one will hold it's value best? Sitting side by side, the light show of MB tends to outshine POTC, but Pirates is a sweet and fun shooter. If the wife didn't hate the franchise, it might have had a shot in our collection.

#3530 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

As a fellow MBrLE awaitee and a fan of POTC, let me try and help you out. That MBrLE will be made, sold, and gone. That is almost a certainty. The number of POTC to be built is not a finite number or published like the 1250 MBrLE that will be produced. So you have to ask yourself how lucky you feel and whether or not a Monster Bash will stay in your collection like a POTC will. If you pass on MBrLE, finding one in the future might be harder than finding a POTC. It's up to you to decide which one is more fun on a long term basis and if you pass on POTC now, will finding one later be harder than finding an MBrLE? Which one will hold it's value best? Sitting side by side, the light show of MB tends to outshine POTC, but Pirates is a sweet and fun shooter. If the wife didn't hate the franchise, it might have had a shot in our collection.

Meh, why is every one so obsessed over the LE stuff. You can just get at standard edition and be just fine if the LE's sell out and you want a NIB. Or buy a HUO MBRLE as they will be available often as 1250 is far from limited. That's more then any stern LE by 450 and all of the stern LE's pop up for sale pretty often HUO and filled with expensive mods.

Both are very good games. You will likely like MB better for a while but prefer POTC in the long run.

#3531 5 years ago

Your the man Zach! Just ordered a Jack Sparrow replacement looks Awesome and low cost thanks! Been wanting to do this but with so many options out there seeing a finished concept is much easier. Note a drop of super glue gel in the articulating joints will keep him positioned permanently for the "spin" and reasonably balanced. Thanks again for sharing this creation, very much look forward to your review of the 2018 TWIPY game of the year.....

#3532 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Both are very good games. You will likely like MB better for a while but prefer POTC in the long run.

This is what my bet would be. Drop them both side by side brand new. You're going to enjoy the hell out of MBR for the first few months, more than POTC (due to its complexity that will need to learn), and then slowly start to put more time at the expense of MBR into POTC. I have a MBRLE coming and after playing POTC LE at a friends house last Friday, I'm seriously considering adding that game as well. I think both titles LE versions will be available NIB for a while, as they are making plenty of them and the 8-10k NIB buyers is much more limited than the 5-7k buyers. Its going to take at least a year to burn through the LE numbers of both titles, plus you can always get a standard of each for the next handful of years.

#3533 5 years ago

Needs googly eyes to give him that punch drunk look after all the spinning (and the rum).

#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Needs googly eyes to give him that punch drunk look after all the spinning (and the rum).

So your saying he needs to look like Zach in that unboxing video?

#3535 5 years ago

Zach where is some gameplay video of game

#3536 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhhh....much better.
I love this mod!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice looking mod who makes it ?Would love to see a Davy Jones or a fish dude would go well with the CE.

#3537 5 years ago

Yeah it’s tough. MBr is so pretty and so much fun. It shoots fantastic with very satisfying shots. POTC is also beautiful, shoots really well and is just neat as hell to play. The main difference is the depth! POTC is going to keep your interest longer as you explore and discover new things in the code. But it is a bit tougher Pin then mbr. Tough decision but man I do like pirates.

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Yeah it’s tough. MBr is so pretty and so much fun. It shoots fantastic with very satisfying shots. POTC is also beautiful, shoots really well and is just neat as hell to play. The main difference is the depth! POTC is going to keep your interest longer as you explore and discover new things in the code. But it is a bit tougher Pin then mbr. Tough decision but man I do like pirates.

DA99A5B8-ED68-47C2-A994-84C0D0777CEB.gifDA99A5B8-ED68-47C2-A994-84C0D0777CEB.gif
#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Hobbit or POTC Greg? Maybe it is time for me to switch mine out...though I need a little extra cash to go added to my hobbit trade. Maybe talk Zack into selling me his down the road

Also I agree with MBr vs POTC - for a small collection at home POTC will probably give you more millage - but in a larger collection (say more than 5 pins) the MBr is a must have IMO.

#3540 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Walk Through: Pincinnati 2018

Really liked the walk through , it's the next best thing besides being there yourself . Your shows are so much bigger than anything we get , but I did score a cool t-shirt at our one the other weekend

IMG_20181213_202332 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_202332 (resized).jpg
#3541 5 years ago

Well, it's official. Thanks a lot, STDM and friends. Between Zach's rum run unboxing, the suggestions here, and multiple hours played on location, I've now got an LE on order as my first and only pin.
jobgif (resized).pngjobgif (resized).png

#3542 5 years ago

Well, it's official. Thanks a lot, STDM and friends. Between Zach's rum run unboxing, the suggestions here, and multiple hours played on location, I've now got an LE on order as my first and only pin.
[quoted image]

Congrats, I'm sure you will love it. But dont lie to us about it being your only pin, that's just not how this works

#3543 5 years ago

[quoted image]

If I was only going to have one, itd be pirates by a mile

#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

If I was only going to have one,...

I'd be a very sad individual

#3545 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd be a very sad individual

I just passed my year anniversary in this hobby and have 7 with one coming so I completely agree lol.

#3546 5 years ago

I think Zach should get a JJP kickback b/c since he's posted that insane video, many of us picked up a POTC including me. I've also become an alcoholic.

Thanks Zach!

#3547 5 years ago

Should I order new pinballs? Ninja/Carbon/etc? Mylar? Here we go...

#3548 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Quoted from delt31:

I think Zach should get a JJP kickback b/c since he's posted that insane video, many of us picked up a POTC including me. I've also become an alcoholic.
Thanks Zach!

Haha enjoy fellas. This one will keep you busy for a while and surprisely tough at times. And as always, let your distributors know that SDTM helped the sale. Let us know how you like the game and congrats again!

#3549 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks Zach!

I’ve got an easy cure for alcoholism....drink cheap rum. You’ll have no desire for anything alcohol in the future. Yuck

#3550 5 years ago

Now we need that Zach gameplay video narrated by Dr Phil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/71?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.