bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 125.
#3451 5 years ago

Just watched Zack's unboxing of JJP POTC. Noticed at start of video it was going to last 40 minute. Said to myself that Zack will be hammered at end of unboxing. He may wake up in morning and not remember a thing but will have a Grog Blossom.
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

#3452 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just watched Zack's unboxing of JJP POTC. Noticed at start of video it was going to last 40 minute. Said to myself that Zack will be hammered at end of unboxing. He may wake up in morning and not remember a thing but will have a Grog Blossom.
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Did I miss a video or stream?

#3453 5 years ago

I think we need the team Zach challenge, all doing a shot of rum over the holidays. I'm going to have one in my Tshirt tonight.

#3454 5 years ago

Capt only 70 proof...that's easy drinking. Would have thought after a huge JJP purchase one could only afford Admiral Nelson

#3455 5 years ago

SDTM Unboxing/Rum Run: JJP Pirates of the Caribbean

SDTM Zach does a Rum Run on JJP’s newest pinball machine. Yarrr!!!

#3456 5 years ago

I think I would've puked after shot 5.

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I think I would've puked after shot 5.

I was taking them down too quick to chuck at 5. They started kicking in fast and furious during the coin door/topper segments.

#3458 5 years ago

Old School Zach...Once it hits your lips it just taste's so good!

Will Ferrell.

Congrats on game

#3459 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Old School Zach...Once it hits your lips it just taste's so good!
Will Ferrell.
Congrats on game

By number 7 I could have summoned Frank The Tank for sure.

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

By number 7 I could have summoned Frank The Tank for sure.

A good finale to the show would have been the Frank the Tank naked run around the block!

Love your unboxing vids brother!

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A good finale to the show would have been the Frank the Tank naked run around the block!
Love your unboxing vids brother!

I was about two more shots away from that.

#3462 5 years ago

#7 was awesome! You da man. Lmao

#3463 5 years ago

That's a good way to get alcohol poisoning my dude. Glad you got your game.

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

LOL....are you kidding me. He was a LONG ways away and his buddies need to be ashamed of themselves for not joining in the fun.

Now if that was 10 shots of Tequila then I'd really be impressed!

Man it looks like a kick ass game. Nice job Frank.

#3465 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL....are you kidding me. He was a LONG ways away and his buddies need to be ashamed of themselves for not joining in the fun.

I knew someone was going to come back with that. According to the mayo clinic:

"A major cause of alcohol poisoning is binge drinking — a pattern of heavy drinking when a male rapidly consumes five or more alcoholic drinks within two hours, or a female rapidly consumes at least four drinks within two hours. An alcohol binge can occur over hours or last up to several days."

People can do what they wan't, I just find it a little alarming how often we downplay drinking.

#3466 5 years ago

I knew someone was going to come back with that. According to the mayo clinic:
"A major cause of alcohol poisoning is binge drinking — a pattern of heavy drinking when a male rapidly consumes five or more alcoholic drinks within two hours, or a female rapidly consumes at least four drinks within two hours. An alcohol binge can occur over hours or last up to several days."
People can do what they wan't, I just find it a little alarming how often we downplay drinking.

LOL. Seriously consider what you just posted. Don't you know who Frank the Tank is?

He might not be feeling too good manana or puking tonight but I feel certain he'll be just fine.

#3467 5 years ago

5 shots in 2 hours? Honestly any less than that and the buzz doesnt even set in. Mayo clinic be damned.

I thought some of those shots he poured were super heavy. He did a great job.

#3468 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No kidding, 7 shots of rum is just a fun time. I had 10 shots of tequila along with a few other drinks the last time I was in Cabo, it's a no bueno

#3469 5 years ago

Impressive best part of sdtm face-offs and challenges is that you Midwest boys follow through to the end. The game is beautiful and now you can have a sweet end to the year.

#3470 5 years ago

Congrats on your new game Zach, glad you finally got it. Do you plan on doing a gameplay stream of it?

#3471 5 years ago

I very much appreciate the concern. In all seriousness, I took all precautions to assure my safety and to gauge my intake. Many of you know I am a control freak, which is mainly why I do not regularly consume anything that takes me out of my element. This was no different. I would never willfully compromise my well-being, nor those around me.

#3472 5 years ago

Sounds like a drunk talking.

Enjoy the game and try not to get seasick from the ship!

#3473 5 years ago

Captain we need more rum! Another stellar unveil unboxing. A presentation fitting of such a fine machine job well done. Congrats to you and of Coarse Eric, Keith, Joe, and the entire JJP team fricken Awesome. We are in love with this game and very much look forward to your in-depth review.

#3474 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yep I built this one! Probably going to build another

I've thought about making a cocktail table version of a mane. Not sure how much I'd play, but it might be a fun alternative if I could do it on the cheap. Wonder if I could run it off a Raspberry PI 3?

#3475 5 years ago

34 min mark fwd when you are trying to remove the “protective film cover” on the topper is great.

Hilarious Zach, nice unboxing vid!

#3476 5 years ago

Sailors condition their livers by ripping them out, throwing them on the grinder and running over them with a couple of liquor trucks...

Are there any other sailors going to chime in here, or do I really need to taunt the marines to save the day and tell a few drinking stories?

Try putting away 5 long island ice teas just to get the night started... uh, 6'4" 240lbs can put away some tequila too...

#3477 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Sailors condition their livers by ripping them out, throwing them on the grinder and running over them with a couple of liquor trucks...
Are there any other sailors going to chime in here, or do I really need to taunt the marines to save the day and tell a few drinking stories?
Try putting away 5 long island ice teas just to get the night started... uh, 6'4" 240lbs can put away some tequila too...

No wonder you have been talking so crazy lately Bubblehead, its the Tequila talking!

#3478 5 years ago

@who-dey, well, life is more fun when seen through the bottom of a cocktail glass... but when you are young, stupid, and seemingly indestructible, you think your liver can take anything, and back then it could...
God do I wish I had the liver of a 18 year old again...

But I say bat-shit crazy stuff because waiting on NIB pinball machines has been known to cause: mental fatigue, loss of sleep, fever, chills, loss of focus and/or the ability to hold on to reality, sudden weight gain or weight loss, loss of appetite, hearing non-existent sounds or noises, hallucinations, vomiting, diarrhea, blisters, rash and/or lesions, skin discoloration and/or hives. Other side effects have been known to occur. Please see your distributor if conditions persist.

#3479 5 years ago

...also, while waiting for NIB if your erection lasts longer than 4 hours please go to your local barcade and this affliction will be cured...

Quoted from Bublehead:

who-dey, well, life is more fun when seen through the bottom of a cocktail glass... but when you are young, stupid, and seemingly indestructible, you think your liver can take anything, and back then it could...
God do I wish I had the liver of a 18 year old again...
But I say bat-shit crazy stuff because waiting on NIB pinball machines has been known to cause: mental fatigue, loss of sleep, fever, chills, loss of focus and/or the ability to hold on to reality, sudden weight gain or weight loss, loss of appetite, hearing non-existent sounds or noises, hallucinations, vomiting, diarrhea, blisters, rash and/or lesions, skin discoloration and/or hives. Other side effects have been known to occur. Please see your distributor if conditions persist.

#3480 5 years ago

Great unboxing video for a non drinker you handled that rum like a champ. This is what happens when you have a couple too many drinks and leave your certificate of title lying around and here's the culprit.

IMG20180825154421 (resized).jpgIMG20180825154421 (resized).jpgIMG_20180826_134054 (resized).jpgIMG_20180826_134054 (resized).jpg
#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great unboxing video for a non drinker you handled that rum like a champ. This is what happens when you have a couple too many drinks and leave your certificate of title lying around and here's the culprit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ahhh id trade a silly certificate for a sweet dog any day.

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhh id trade a silly certificate for a sweet dog any day.

I was so happy with the Hobbit I didn't even get angry .His name's Doug and he's pretty cool and I still have half a certificate all good

#3483 5 years ago

Zach you should mix the rum with Pepsi. Great unboxing video!

#3484 5 years ago

I guess with Willy Wonka you will have to eat a whole chocolate bar every 5 minutes...

#3485 5 years ago

Congrats man, super entertaining video as always. I think you forgot to include the part where you dumped out half the bottle and watered it down first... no shame in that, that's how the actual pirates received with their daily rations! Seriously though, if that was straight up and you're a casual drinker... OUCH.

#3486 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Seriously though, if that was straight up and you're a casual drinker... OUCH.

I would have a major headache at least. And I drink Scotch or Bourbon a few times a week.

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would have a major headache at least. And I drink Scotch or Bourbon a few times a week.

A headache was just the beginning

#3488 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

A headache was just the beginning

That’s the type stuff which usually appears in the outtakes and is shown as bonus material. Chuck Wurt / Dennis K - where’s the lost footage?? it would make for a real story on next week’s TWIP.

#3489 5 years ago

Zach how do you like the game so far? Have you recovered enough to get some good play on it yet?

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zach how do you like the game so far? Have you recovered enough to get some good play on it yet?

Probably have put 20 games on it. Still trying to get down shots and plans of attacks. Fingers crossed mine has had no issues out of the box. Mods being added daily. Will post photos and video soon.

#3491 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Probably have put 20 games on it. Still trying to get down shots and plans of attacks. Fingers crossed mine has had no issues out of the box. Mods being added daily. Will post photos and video soon.

Beautiful game man. I think its going to be a keeper for a good while, even for you. Keeper forever for most people but i doubt you will sell this game anytime soon. There's just too much to do on it from the way that it sounds.

#3492 5 years ago

This is instantly the best unboxing vid ever. Congrats on getting a Pirates. Looking forward to the next vid and seeing if it holds up.

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is instantly the best unboxing vid ever. Congrats on getting a Pirates. Looking forward to the next vid and seeing if it holds up.

Thanks brochacho

#3494 5 years ago

Rum, Forrest, rum!

(ug, sorry)

#3496 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That’s the type stuff which usually appears in the outtakes and is shown as bonus material. Chuck Wurt / Dennis K - where’s the lost footage?? it would make for a real story on next week’s TWIP.

As Zach knows, I never watch unboxing videos. Besides, I think Zach has a super-secret guest for his next TWIP episode all lined up!

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

As Zach knows, I never watch unboxing videos. Besides, I think Zach has a super-secret guest for his next TWIP episode all lined up!

I think Sir Cromwell may make a return. I’m ready for another TWIP Showdown Dennis.

#3498 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I think Sir Cromwell may make a return. I’m ready for another TWIP Showdown Dennis.

Things are less super-secret when you announce them here...

#3499 5 years ago

We’re going streaking through the quad to the gymnasium..........
Every ones doing it!!!

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I guess with Willy Wonka you will have to eat a whole chocolate bar every 5 minutes...

Man that will probably make him more sick then the rum!!!
I’m ready to go play this thing. Makes me want one bad!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/70?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.