bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 125.
#3401 5 years ago

SDTM Episode 81: SDTM Favorite Pinball Machines

Greg and Zach unveil their favorite pinball machines!

Who’s list is better?

What is your favorite pinball machine?!?!

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Zach, after my game on Saturday, Charlie said I just missed knocking you off the GC. ACNC was so much fun, I mailed in my deposit today. Saw you at the show, but you were busy talking with others and I had my son with me. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello. See you in Louisville!
[quoted image]

I had a lot of fun on it as well. Nice score!

Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Zach and Greg, what are your thoughts on Tron Pro?

Great game, not sure it’s worth the price game-wise. Plus the art on pf is pretty uninspired. I’d wait for the vault hopefully they enhance the art

#3403 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

After playing a nice Tron LE, when I walk up to a Tron Pro, my overwhelming thought is:
“What’s the point?”

You can add the EL lighting very easily and most already have it. Otherwise it's the same game minus drop targets which are a negative in my opinion because you can no longer bank the Gem shot and a mode that most people never see. For about 5K less for very close to the same game I'm more of the opinion "whats the point of the LE"?

#3404 5 years ago

Fun episode Zach and Greg. It just goes to show how different everyone's tastes are in this hobby. Below are my picks. ACDC always rules them all.

1 ACDC premium/LE
2 Metallica premium/LE
3 Embryon
4 The Shadow
5 Flash Gordon
6 White Water
7 Centigrade 37
8 Star Wars premium
9 CFTBL
10 MM

#3405 5 years ago

Don’t disagree @jgentry, for the money the Tron Pro is a bargain, I just have had more time playing and having fun on an LE personally. Never owned either of them, though, so cost was not the issue for me.

#3406 5 years ago

Great episode guys.

Zach, I'm with ya 100% that the Death Star shot on Star Wars premium / LE is one of the best in pinball. The shot is challenging yet makeable, and serves multiple purposes including allowing the ball to be held for mode select, blowing up the Death Star toy, and going into that sweet Hyperspace toy. Meanwhile the lift ramp on Walking Dead premium allows the ball to bounce off a rubber zombie head and there's already one of those in the barn lol.

#3407 5 years ago

Good stuff guys - it would be hard to pick and rank my top 10.

Hobbit, Stern Star Wars Premium, and MB would be in there though somewhere...

#3408 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Fun episode Zach and Greg. It just goes to show how different everyone's tastes are in this hobby. Below are my picks. ACDC always rules them all.
1 ACDC premium/LE
2 Metallica premium/LE
3 Embryon
4 The Shadow
5 Flash Gordon
6 White Water
7 Centigrade 37
8 Star Wars premium
9 CFTBL
10 MM

That’s an impressive Top 10 there Gentry. I couldn’t argue against any

#3409 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great episode guys.
Zach, I'm with ya 100% that the Death Star shot on Star Wars premium / LE is one of the best in pinball. The shot is challenging yet makeable, and serves multiple purposes including allowing the ball to be held for mode select, blowing up the Death Star toy, and going into that sweet Hyperspace toy. Meanwhile the lift ramp on Walking Dead premiums allows the ball to bounce off a rubber zombie head and there's already one of those in the barn lol.

At least someone understands great pinball shots.

#3410 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Who’s list is better?

The Show should have been called “Favorite machines ... we have owned .. so far... Winter 2018 edition “ Entertaining as always and I continue to lose confidence in your opinions but I find you guys amusing!

#3411 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That’s an impressive Top 10 there Gentry. I couldn’t argue against any

Glad to see both of your changes of heart on SW. It really is a great game, no clue why so many bag on it.

#3412 5 years ago

I havent watched the show yet but picking a top 10 would be nearly impossible.

#3413 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Glad to see both of your changes of heart on SW.

I didn't watch, did they finally break the 4X barrier?

#3414 5 years ago

Zach here are my thoughts on LOTR Over Star Wars as a film series

Greg your #1 all time, tell me you finally fixed the Snagger.

Great episode! I did find it interesting that with all the music pins neither of you had one in the top ten or even got a mention.

#3415 5 years ago

Thanks go out to Zach and Greg for sharing their lists with us. I won’t be fool enough to critique them because they did a better job of that themselves. Not sure what Greg could have said that required visual censoring, but it must have been a whopper.

#3416 5 years ago

Another great episode. Truth be told I was team Greg until Stargate.... I agree with Zach though I think POTC JJP will certainly break in high on that list as they nailed Every aspect of a perfect pin. Also, you're correct evaluation on the LOTR art made me imagine the ULTIMATE mod. If Franchi could Ever be convinced to do a custom commission to redo that LOTR playfield for paying clients that game would be Priceless! Get on it team Zach!

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Who’s list is better?

Your list is MUCH better. I was getting concerned until The Shadow finally showed up. If that was missing, I was pulling your pinball credentials. Swap WoZ for Hobbit and Iron Maiden for Star Wars and your list would be extremely respectable. Those slipups dropped the list to merely competent.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Another great episode. Truth be told I was team Greg until Stargate.... I agree with Zach though I think POTC JJP will certainly break in high on that list as they nailed Every aspect of a perfect pin. Also, you're correct evaluation on the LOTR art made me imagine the ULTIMATE mod. If Franchi could Ever be convinced to do a custom commission to redo that LOTR playfield for paying clients that game would be Priceless! Get on it team Zach!

I completely agree! His art would be sick on it!!!!! Zach and I have kicked that idea around!

#3419 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can add the EL lighting very easily and most already have it. Otherwise it's the same game minus drop targets which are a negative in my opinion because you can no longer bank the Gem shot and a mode that most people never see. For about 5K less for very close to the same game I'm more of the opinion "whats the point of the LE"?

DP Multiball.

My top ten:

Funhouse
TWD Prem
ACDC prem
AFM
Tron
GOT pro
Maiden
Big Game
Hobbit
Oz

#3420 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your list is MUCH better. I was getting concerned until The Shadow finally showed up. If that was missing, I was pulling your pinball credentials. Swap WoZ for Hobbit and Iron Maiden for Star Wars and your list would be extremely respectable. Those slipups dropped the list to merely competent.

I think those swaps would be making it worse. Just goes to prove everyone has a top 10 that is unique. And not wrong as Greg’s favorites are far from mine, but it’s what he likes most so it is the perfect list for him

#3421 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

DP Multiball.
My top ten:
Funhouse
TWD Prem
ACDC prem
AFM
Tron
GOT pro
Maiden
MB
Hobbit
Oz

Some of those surprised me about you Chuck! Sweet ass list there. I’d be thrilled with that lineup

#3422 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Already tried ......

#3423 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some of those surprised me about you Chuck! Sweet ass list there. I’d be thrilled with that lineup

Forgot Big Game. Fixed.

#3424 5 years ago

Happy to see Whirlwind so high up your list Zach, here's mine in no particular order.

Whirlwind
Taxi
Lord of the Rings
Metallica
The Walking Dead
Ironman
Spider-man
World Cup Soccer
The Shadow
Attack From Mars

#3425 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Happy to see Whirlwind so high up your list Zach, here's mine in no particular order.
Whirlwind
Taxi
Lord of the Rings
Metallica
The Walking Dead
Ironman
Spider-man
World Cup Soccer
The Shadow
Attack From Mars

Great list, but the challenge is in ordering them. Cmon Jay!

#3426 5 years ago

Great episode fellas! Keep them rollin’

#3427 5 years ago

My top ten list from the games I have owned and am the most familiar with. That was difficult! Ended up going with more of a gut response.

1. Twilight Zone
2. Star Trek Next Generation
3. Lord of the Rings
4. Wizard of OZ
5. Attack from Mars
6. Alien
7. Black Knight
8. Scared Stiff
9. Wizard
10. Flipper Cowboy

#3428 5 years ago

My list: and in order... can you say “old school”?
Pinbot
Monster Bash
Fire Power
Black Knight 2000
Attack from Mars
Fish Tales
Fun House
Fire Ball
Flash
Subway

#3429 5 years ago

This would be way easier if it was a top 20... because after looking at @jvspin’s list, most of his top 10 would be a good start on the bottom 10 of my top 20 list. There are just too many good old titles to skinny it down to 10...

To Zach and Greg, my challenge to you is to pick just one... one machine available publicly and playable RIGHT NOW to play for the rest of your life on a deserted island... and discuss. Maybe start out challenging each other with a title... and have the other shoot it down until you reach the ultimate desert island pin.

#3430 5 years ago

Nah, you guys are making it way to complicated. Set a timer and in 30 seconds spit out your 10 favorite games. Not ones that you will never sell because it's a HEP restore, or this was your first games, or my son likes this one, or whatever the reason it. Just the first 10 games that come to mind when you picture your favorites to play.

#3431 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just the first 10 games that come to mind when you picture your favorites to play.

Yep, that's what I tried to do. It's still difficult to pick the top 10. What I feel like playing depends on my mood.

#3432 5 years ago

my top 10 (of games I actually own or have owned/have lived with for a bit):

in order:

1. ST Next Generation
2. AFM
3. Twilight Zone
4. Tron
5. The Hobbit
6. Shadow
7. GoT LE
8. TNA
9. BSD
10. Fathom

#3433 5 years ago

Part of the issue not with this program but lists like this is 1) they are personal and 2) they are ever changing as there are So many undiscovered pins still out there for me at least. Not too long ago I had the opportunity to play a Fathom and an Embryon. Would Never have seen them as fun nor a buy until I played them and Wow! I get it. Yes the new technology pins and code are amazing and fun but don't be afraid to look/try new things beyond the Pinside top 20 (heck top 100) list for amazingly fun and beautiful games. Disclaimer advise, Don't Wait to try undiscovered jewels as it will cost you deeply! lol Yes I now have my Embryon and Fathom is in route.....

#3434 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

To Zach and Greg, my challenge to you is to pick just one... one machine available publicly and playable RIGHT NOW to play for the rest of your life on a deserted island... and discuss. Maybe start out challenging each other with a title... and have the other shoot it down until you reach the ultimate desert island pin.

I think they did that - sort of - on a This or That (shot from the dashboard of a road trip). I think it was "If you can only own one pin which would it be?". If I recall Zach said Hobbit, DI, or LOTR ... and after more thought decided on LOTR. Which I think was his #1 favorite as well. I can't recall Greg's - sorry

#3435 5 years ago

Goronic , thank you. It is a tough question... I would want something hard to get rocking, but once rocking, hard to stop...

#3436 5 years ago

ZMeny - your JJPPOTC was delivered yesterday, yes? And.....

#3437 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

zmeny - your JJPPOTC was delivered yesterday, yes? And.....

Can't wait for that unboxing video

#3438 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

zmeny - your JJPPOTC was delivered yesterday, yes? And.....

He hasn't been on here in a few hours...My guess is that he is playing it

#3439 5 years ago

And I do not begrudge a man his solitude while in the depths of an ether binge either... which POTC just might rank as for him and he’s probably tripin balls right now, literally.

Correction: flippin balls...

#3440 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

He hasn't been on here in a few hours...My guess is that he is playing it

It's been a very long wait he might be a while

#3441 5 years ago

Yet another great episode! I enjoyed your top 10 favorites and love seeing your enthusiasm and passion for pinball. Always entertaining- keep em coming

#3442 5 years ago

It’s That Time Of Year Again!!!

2018 TWIPY Awards For Pinball Excellence

#3443 5 years ago

Screw POTC, Zach was working on the TWIPY reveal! ... and playing POTC

#3444 5 years ago

When’s the next Zach and Greg face-off?? Greg needs his revenge. Bad.

#3445 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

When’s the next Zach and Greg face-off?? Greg needs his revenge. Bad.

Greg is the Cleveland Browns of pinball hahaha

#3446 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Greg is the Cleveland Browns of pinball hahaha

So he's horrible but still able to beat the Titans every time they play......

#3447 5 years ago

Oh boy, Greg better step up to the plate after that. Them fightin’ Words. Lol.

#3448 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So he's horrible but still able to beat the Titans every time they play......

Horrible and riddled with MRSA?

#3449 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Horrible and riddled with MRSA?

Sometimes you don't clean the locker rooms or work out areas. I mean the Haslam's only have so much money.

#3450 5 years ago

I feel bad for ZMeny, Captain Morgans is not a drink it straight rum. It's more your tolerable with lots of coke when your out rum. He really took one for the team on that episode.

Have you ever done a DNA test because you have a pretty good Acetaldehyde flush reaction, typical with Asian descent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.