bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 125.
#3201 5 years ago

I like the term “World Under Glass” because the phrase “Sewer Under Glass” was already trademarked by Stern <flame repellant undies firmly in place>

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I like the term “World Under Glass” because the phrase “Sewer Under Glass” was already trademarked by Stern &lt;flame repellant undies firmly in place&gt;

Actually Stern has already used the term in their marketing in the past; making even less cool than before.

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are the games visible or are the under special pinball blankets?
If so, are they customized with the manufacturer or specific games printed on them?
Are there Mats/rugs in front of the games?
Is so,...
These are some questions that helps separate which of the many groups you belong to.

Lol you crack me up Law. I got rugs in front of my games because i dont want my carpet getting worn or dirty where people stand all the time, is that ok? Can i still be in the "players" group?

#3204 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol you crack me up Law. I got rugs in front of my games because i dont want my carpet gett worn or dirty where people stand all the time, is that ok? Can i still be in the "players" group?

No

#3205 5 years ago

But....what if you came over and i smoked your ass, would you let me in then?

#3206 5 years ago

Listen, what you two do in the privacy of your own homes is not any of my business... but smoking ass is not something recommended by the American Cancer Society...

#3207 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Listen, what you two do in the privacy of your own homes is not any of my business... but smoking ass is not something recommended by the American Cancer Society...

Lol too funny

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are the games visible or are the under special pinball blankets?
If so, are they customized with the manufacturer or specific games printed on them?
Are there Mats/rugs in front of the games?
Is so,...
These are some questions that helps separate which of the many groups you belong to.

I bought a Nikon D5 just so that I could capture the best overhead image of my games. I then have custom pinball protectors made that has the playfield picture on them so I can still enjoy them while protecting my grail investment. It takes me 20 minutes to get a game unwrapped to play but it is worth the effort.

#3209 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Smoking ass only causes cancer in California. Read your labels before you lecture us about safety.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

...I got rugs in front of my games because ...

This shit just writes itself

Quoted from Who-Dey:

But....what if you came over and i smoked your ass, would you let me in then?

I'd take that bet all day and twice on ass smoking day.

#3211 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This shit just writes itself

I'd take that bet all days and twice on ass smoking day.

I didnt say that i could beat him, i said what if i did? Take Zach for example, he is a big world under glass guy and he loves modding his games and is damn good at it btw, and he even uses the word "pretty" all the time, which i think he needs his man card pulled for that probably but he's also a player and could kick most people's asses in pinball all day long. So my point is, you can be a player and someone who looks at their games both.

#3212 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So my point is, you can be a player and someone who looks at their games both.

Of course you can. All types of collectors here.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

.. and he even uses the word "pretty" all the time, which i think he needs his man card pulled ...

Of course not. I'm pretty and still have my card I think. I think we're on the same page here with everyth....

Quoted from Who-Dey:

...he loves modding his games and is damn good at it btw, ...

Goddamit man. I can let most things go but lusting after others mod jobs has got to be a card violation.

#3213 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I didnt say that i could beat him, i said what if i did? Take Zach for example, he is a big world under glass guy and he loves modding his games and is damn good at it btw, and he even uses the word "pretty" all the time, which i think he needs his man card pulled for that probably but he's also a player and could kick most people's asses in pinball all day long. So my point is, you can be a player and someone who looks at their games both.

I'm beginning to think his skills on camera may involve heavy editing. There's a rumor that cftbl is smoking Zach's ass right now.

#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm pretty and still have my card I think.

Quoted from jgentry:

I'm beginning to think his skills on camera may involve heavy editing.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Goddamit man. I can let most things go but lusting after others mod jobs has got to be a card violation.

Some funny stuff there now!

#3215 5 years ago

I think its hillarious we are all on here talking about smoking ass... and how that would play out on partially overheard conversations... “Have you been smoking his ass again?” “I smoked some ass yesterday... boy was that sweet.” “Damn these kids, they kept asking me about smoking ass, saying they didn’t know which end to light, and wondered how well they drawed...”

Free ass smoking (or a Hook translite) to anyone who can tell me where I stole that last line from...

#3216 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think its hillarious we are all on here talking about smoking ass... and how that would play out on partially overheard conversations...

I feel the same way aboot "OMG you really got your toy all lit up, it's so pink...and a little purple *tee hee* Now I can finally see it when we play with the lights out."

Probably should change it to vaping ass these days I guess.

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably should change it to vaping ass these days I guess.

Not sure why, but that sounds significantly worse.

#3218 5 years ago

Great discussion here fellas. I agree in part with everyone.

1. It’s about the game first and foremost

2. World Under Glass is a thing and matters a whole hell of a lot for some, AND they can still be pinball players. You need a bit of all to have a terrific pin, (I.e. Batman has great code, but isn’t a great shooter, WOZ is a fantastic World Under Glass but I don’t like the shots, SWPrem is one of the best shooting machines, but lacks great art, etc.). Which is why IJ is my highest rated pin and even the rating on Houdini for that matter. All categories matter, some more than others for people.

3. Some people like looking at their collection. That’s me. I would rather sit in my game room and look at the collection all lit up, scheming of my next move or thinking about what I can upgrade (should I dump money into refurbishing my Radical or will I tire of it shortly making it not make sense), rather than watching tv or working.

4. Fuck a ‘Man Card’, I’m holding a Team Zach card. I think some pinball is beautiful and gorgeous......but smoking ass is where I draw the line.

5. None of my gameplay is edited, how dare you haha, and Creech does kick my ass. Side note, why is it more difficult for me to get a Super on Creech than stacking all three multiballs I’m BSD?

#3219 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

5. None of my gameplay is edited, how dare you haha, and Creech does kick my ass. Side note, why is it more difficult for me to get a Super on Creech than stacking all three multiballs I’m BSD?

Because it's a lot harder then stacking the three bsd multiballs.

#3220 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I think some pinball is beautiful and gorgeous......

Thanks for not saying pretty.......

#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for not saying pretty.......

Or cute.

#3222 5 years ago

or that pin is looking so hot and sexy, she’s giving me a woody.

#3223 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

she’s giving me a woody.

Side Rails or playfield?

#3224 5 years ago

No room for WD ?!

#3225 5 years ago

Fun topic guys. It's really interesting to think about exactly what elements in one game make it a more complete "world under glass" than another game.

I think a lot of people focus on playfield "toys" or molded pieces that try to evoke a 3D representation of the theme such as IJ's ruins + Idol + planes, WW mountains, ramps, and Bigfoot, etc.

In my own collecting experience I've kind of gone from being drawn to the 90's B/W games with lots of this type of stuff to where sometimes now I find it a bit off-putting for some reason.

For example, the new JJPPOTC game is by all measures and amazing achievment in this regard, but the game just leaves me flat. The molded rocking ship is cool for sure, but then I notice the slingshot plastics look (frankly) terrible.

So I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this stuff now. I actually dislike figurines on the playfield a lot but went ahead and upgraded the ones on my IMDN LE since it already had them and the ones it came with were pretty middling. I even thought about just installing the flat plastics instead at one point.

I guess what I'm saying is that sometime's I feel like this stuff is like putting custom Ferrari body-molding on a Fiero.

fieroferrari (resized).jpgfieroferrari (resized).jpg

...it can really cheapen the feel of a game.

I'm gaining a new appreciation for the simplicity and often beauty of an EM or SS game with amazing art and subtle lighting that keep it classy and use the artwork and lighting to present a more artisitic & timeless presentation vs. something that looks like a cheap dollar store toy.

There's a fine line between "World Under Glass" and cheezball.

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Fun topic guys. It's really interesting to think about exactly what elements in one game make it a more complete "world under glass" than another game.
I think a lot of people focus on playfield "toys" or molded pieces that try to evoke a 3D representation of the theme such as IJ's ruins + Idol + planes, WW mountains, ramps, and Bigfoot, etc.
In my own collecting experience I've kind of gone from being drawn to the 90's B/W games with lots of this type of stuff to where sometimes now I find it a bit off-putting for some reason.
For example, the new JJPPOTC game is by all measures and amazing achievment in this regard, but the game just leaves me flat. The molded rocking ship is cool for sure, but then I notice the slingshot plastics look (frankly) terrible.
So I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this stuff now. I actually dislike figurines on the playfield a lot but went ahead and upgraded the ones on my IMDN LE since it already had them and the ones it came with were pretty middling. I even thought about just installing the flat plastics instead at one point.
I guess what I'm saying is that sometime's I feel like this stuff is like putting custom Ferrari body-molding on a Fiero.
[quoted image]
...it can really cheapen the feel of a game.
I'm gaining a new appreciation for the simplicity and often beauty of an EM or SS game with amazing art and subtle lighting that keep it classy and use the artwork and lighting to present a more artisitic &amp; timeless presentation vs. something that looks like a cheap dollar store toy.
There's a fine line between "World Under Glass" and cheezball.

Not a fair comparison with that Ferriero, it needs PinStadium under carriage lighting with UV glow to look cool! Lol

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not a fair comparison with that Ferriero, it needs PinStadium under carriage lighting with UV glow to look cool! Lol

My ride.

DF94D9BC-C6AF-4D45-9A40-9034830FCF50 (resized).jpegDF94D9BC-C6AF-4D45-9A40-9034830FCF50 (resized).jpeg
#3228 5 years ago

Anyone have a Prem/LE Guardians to sell me? I’ve been itching for one again.

#3229 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You do know it cost more when you want one. It cost less if someone says, I have one for sale.

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Is this to hold you over until your ship comes in, JJP POTC

#3231 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You do know it cost more when you want one. It cost less if someone says, I have one for sale.

Nah I only pay what I pay hahaha, but doesn’t hurt to ask

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is this to hold you over until your ship comes in, JJP POTC

For the love of everything sacred yes haha and until Munsters rolls out

#3232 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Screw that, wait for Munsters Zach. The Munsters is going to be EPIC!

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Have you checked with Bob?

#3234 5 years ago

Wait.. you STILL don’t have POTC? Wtf? I think Jack may be trolling you.

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Wait.. you STILL don’t have POTC? Wtf? I think Jack may be trolling you.

They are just saving the Best for last. JJP Pirates is an absolute masterpiece and Zach better judge accordingly or we are jumping ship to team Bone! (figuratively jumping on the bone!)

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

we are jumping ship to team Bone! (figuratively jumping on the bone!)

Somehow that just doesn't sound right. Gotta shake that image.

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You can get an OTC cream to take care of that.

#3238 5 years ago

Your weekly dose of pinball news with some St. Louis boys! Check out This Week In Pinball Podcast Episode 25.

https://www.facebook.com/1978540499041059/posts/2308161776078928/

#3239 5 years ago

SDTM Episode 80: Cactus Canyon Continued Pinball Machine Review

Does CCC contend with other later 90s B/W pins?

Is this the next machine coming from Chicago Gaming Company?

#3240 5 years ago

(Hello, Mcfly, Anyone remember Junk Yard Time machine modes?!?)

#3241 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

(Hello, Mcfly, Anyone remember Junk Yard Time machine modes?!?)

Very true, but don’t you agree that it’s done much better in this format?

#3242 5 years ago

CC has the look and sound of the late B/W and it's a fantastic package...I just think it's the worst of the afm/mm/mb ruleset.
The mine mech is buggy, the drops are a great idea but get a little old, it just gets a little boring. I played a ton of the CCC code and just got burnt out on it personally.
No doubt it would sell well.

#3243 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Very true, but don’t you agree that it’s done much better in this format?

Don’t disagree... yes, he did go further with video/audio callouts, and they are an interesting side addition, but I think he was just capitalizing on existing animations and sounds he culled during his reverse engineering of the code for CC.

The rarity issue makes this machine higly collectable, but the original code is not a great lasting title in a small home collection. CCC would make it stay a little longer, but ultimately you will move CC out for a MB, MM, or AFM, and eventually once you have a few of the tribute machines in your collection, CCC will move on too, imho.

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They are just saving the Best for last. JJP Pirates is an absolute masterpiece and Zach better judge accordingly or we are jumping ship to team Bone! (figuratively jumping on the bone!)

I dunno, it just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get a chance to play it. I've got Woz and DI in my collection, and I like DI, but I have yet to really get into Woz. I keep it around mostly because guests are attracted to it. My sense is might find POTC the same way. Looks cool.. but..

This or that? New JJPPOTC or used Hobbit (3.0 code) with cash in your pocket. Hmmm.

#3245 5 years ago

CCC would be a good title for CGC, but not a good choice for players and small HUO collectors like myself. I have always thought CC was a yawner once I got the chance to play a lot of it. Those who have played it on PA, the live experience doesn't differ much from the PA experience. If you get lucky and can play a CCC somewhere, check it out, it’s worth a play or two or a 100. Thanks guys for the review, my take CC is a C+, and CCC is closer to a B- than B+

But my biggest complaint is Bring back the chipmunks!!!!

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

CCC would be a good title for CGC, but not a good choice for players and small HUO collectors like myself. I have always thought CC was a yawner once I got the chance to play a lot of it. Those who have played it on PA, the live experience doesn't differ much from the PA experience. If you get lucky and can play a CCC somewhere, check it out, it’s worth a play or two or a 100. Thanks guys for the review, my take CC is a C+, and CCC is closer to a B- than B+
But my biggest complaint is Bring back the chipmunks!!!!

Haha thought I’d have to bring back the chipmunk tangent a couple of times in this episode.

I feel that ccc has a bit more code wise than mb. I just blew up monster bash last night (all multiballs and 4 of 5 monsters stacked during Frankie multi) and afterward couldn’t imagine wanting to play again for a while. Ccc cannot be worse than that i don’t think.

#3247 5 years ago

Seems to be a general concences about the pin atleast!

#3248 5 years ago

Zach,
MB continues to challenge me because it has more challenges you can try for. Not just Frankie MB or Bash for the casual player, but MOR for wizards, and then there is Rock before Bash, 666, MMP and stacking monsters to get to MOR. CCC adds some more challenges that CC desperately needed, but it borrowed more content, imho, than it created new things for us to see and play. It certainly improved CC a lot though, but not sure it pulled it even with some of the greats like AFM or MM, or even MB, which was a thematic grand slam, even if the ruleset is lighter than the other top 90’s pins.

#3249 5 years ago

For me CCC is fun for a little bit but that's only because I don't get to play one very often. The layout is super easy to shoot and it's a very long ball time game. It's hard for me to enjoy any game that I have ball times that long on consistently. They just tend to get old real fast. The continued software is fun and it shows you that CC can be a decent game with more code. I'd still take MB over it due to layout, toys, theme, etc but both are pretty highly overrated in my opinion. I completely get why people like either or both but neither are really my cup of tea.

#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

... I just blew up monster bash last night

What was the total bash/rocks?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/65?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.