bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 125.
#3051 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

So, what do you think? Keep Hobbit or get MBr!?!?
EDIT: MB is one of my favorite pins of all time...but Hobbit is as well.

Man, in a single game collection I'd take the Hobbit any day. MB is amazing but would get stale playing it all day. I'd figure out a way to squeeze in both, they'd compliment each other really nicely

#3052 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

How good of a player are you?

Not too good...about as good as Greg?

Just kidding. Intermediate I would say. 3M hobbit score help LOL....

Another way of looking at it...if I played Zach I would probably get smacked in the face

#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not too good...about as good as Greg?
Just kidding. Intermediate I would say. 3M hobbit score help LOL....
Another way of looking at it...if I played Zach I would probably get smacked in the face

Haha I’d say there’s nothing wrong with getting rid of the Hobbit, but MB as your only pin may get stale. But hell, everything gets stale.

#3054 5 years ago

This Just In...

In a strange turn of events, Pinball Artist Christopher Franchi just joined Team Zach! Franchi is usually a Greg fan, but we here at Team Zach are delighted to have his talent on this team! Where ya at Greg Bone?

7A5E97FD-D727-41CC-8253-9441A68225ED.jpeg7A5E97FD-D727-41CC-8253-9441A68225ED.jpeg
#3055 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

SDTM and friends,
I am digging MBr LE more and more and am starting to consider selling my hobbit (sigh) and getting the MBr LE. Good idea? This or That!?!?
I am dying here...
The skinny - It will be a single pin for home use situation.
Hobbit Points:
- Awesome for new and intermediate skill players
- Deep rules ideal for home use (so many modes you can play in any order - and the wizard modes are incredible)
- Amazing story telling game with JJP quality LCD and animations
- Move clips GALORE!
- Music and callouts are top notch (perhaps best to date in pinball) - especially after the 3.0 code
- I really enjoy owning and playing this pin
MBr Points:
- Best MB ever made
- No other points needed
So, what do you think? Keep Hobbit or get MBr!?!?
EDIT: MB is one of my favorite pins of all time...but Hobbit is as well.

With a single pin collection embrace that they will come and go. When something feels stale trade it out. MB will get old pretty fast, but all of them get old. Theres no such thing as keepers and games bolted to floors.

#3056 5 years ago

Theres no such thing as keepers and games bolted to floors.

I don't know, I can't think of any of my games I want to rotate out. Hobbit is tops for staying, followed by Woz, IMVE, SW's and AFMr's.

#3057 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This Just In...
In a strange turn of events, Pinball Artist Christopher Franchi just joined Team Zach! Franchi is usually a Greg fan, but we here at Team Zach are delighted to have his talent on this team! Where ya at Greg Bone?[quoted image]

I don’t know Zach, that picture is too busy?

#3058 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Theres no such thing as keepers and games bolted to floors.
I don't know, I can't think of any of my games I want to rotate out. Hobbit is tops for staying, followed by Woz, IMVE, SW's and AFMr's.

Sure, they are staying forever and your just not buying anymore games or ever selling any of those. A collection of grails that are worlds under glass bolted to floors.

At some point you wont own any of those games that you currently have. Just the way it is, I've seen it and heard it a thousand times. Nothing wrong with being happy with what you have, but every last game gets old. So they either get replaced for something else or sold to fund a new hobby.

Nice collection by the way.

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This Just In...
In a strange turn of events, Pinball Artist Christopher Franchi just joined Team Zach! Franchi is usually a Greg fan, but we here at Team Zach are delighted to have his talent on this team! Where ya at Greg Bone?[quoted image]

Team Greg, is that the invisible man. You probably can't see him.

#3060 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This Just In...

He probably seen how bad you spanked Gregs ass in pinball and wanted to go over to the winning side! I bet Gregs ass is still hurting lol. That was pretty funny, i hope you guys square off again soon.

#3061 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This Just In...

If you can pull Borg in, you'll have a BFD.

#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I see what you did there haha

#3063 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would be one munster of a team

#3064 5 years ago

Thought I would give a shot out to Zach and twip podcast. Really enjoying it and special shout-out to Dennis Kiessel who was so nice to listen too bc a lot of times the co host just agrees with Zach and Dennis provided some helpful clarity which was great to hear. Beatles being a great example.

Zach does a great job with the show.... Really like the game where the guest says the first thought on their mind. Just a word to the wise.... You don't need to apologize for liking beautiful woman in a Pinball machine. Let's not completely lose our minds bc of the vocal snowflakes.

Also might be time to inject some northerner/East or West coast love though..... Seems like everyone is from the Midwest or South!

#3065 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thought I would give a shot out to Zach and twip podcast. Really enjoying it and special shout-out to Dennis Kiessel who was so nice to listen too bc a lot of times the co host just agrees with Zach and Dennis provided some helpful clarity which was great to hear. Beatles being a great example.
Zach does a great job with the show.... Really like the game where the guest says the first thought on their mind. Just a word to the wise.... You don't need to apologize for liking beautiful woman in a Pinball machine. Let's not completely lose our minds bc of the vocal snowflakes.
Also might be time to inject some northerner/East or West coast love though..... Seems like everyone is from the Midwest or South!

Thanks Delt! Would love to have other cohosts, but I think other podcasts are much safer to go on. I give all of those cohosts who have come on a lot of credit. Who would you guys like to see on the TWIPcast? Submit your answers in that thread because I’d love some suggestions.

#3066 5 years ago

Some real-life Beatles pics to better see what it actually will look like......mmmmmm yummy

41E29147-E8B9-4DB6-BD1D-17C2387858C3 (resized).jpeg41E29147-E8B9-4DB6-BD1D-17C2387858C3 (resized).jpeg5DC98C78-661A-45B9-AE53-07A852068149 (resized).jpeg5DC98C78-661A-45B9-AE53-07A852068149 (resized).jpegB14848F1-E622-4298-92FB-F6BD0AD578DA (resized).jpegB14848F1-E622-4298-92FB-F6BD0AD578DA (resized).jpegDC84AA9C-7660-485A-BE84-77E40F64FE0A (resized).jpegDC84AA9C-7660-485A-BE84-77E40F64FE0A (resized).jpeg
#3067 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some real-life Beatles pics to better see what it actually will look like......mmmmmm yummy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking pics but i think the prices are gonna make everyone go

#3068 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some real-life Beatles pics to better see what it actually will look like......mmmmmm yummy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So does super jackpot actually roll under the plastic and drain to the left inlane? It looks like it could...

#3069 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That would be one munster of a team

Hype train on fire for Munsters BFD express...
hype_train_Munsters (resized).jpghype_train_Munsters (resized).jpg

#3070 5 years ago

Where is Greg Zach? He hasnt been around in awhile. Surely he isn’t still upset over that pinball match is he?

#3071 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is Greg Zach? He hasnt been around in awhile. Surely he isn’t still upset over that pinball match is he?

Not sure where he’s at. Likely playing some Iron Maiden with a six pack of Miller Lite if I had to guess or watching some stupid documentary.

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So does super jackpot actually roll under the plastic and drain to the left inlane? It looks like it could...

I believe it may yea

#3073 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure where he’s at. Likely playing some Iron Maiden with a six pack of Miller Lite if I had to guess or watching some stupid documentary.

He get a IMDN? Smart man!

#3074 5 years ago

Team Greg is no doubt deep in thought somewhere, pondering serious matters. He’s not worried about filling up his Team quickly, he’s more of a tortoise type. He likely has some irons in the fire, but no sense making rash decisions.

#3075 5 years ago

Beatles looks good and I would happily pay $4k for one, based on it reportedly having a cool lcd. I’ve ratcheted my value calculation downward from $5.5k. When you can buy a HUO version of 90% of the pins on Pinside TOP100 for $5k, a game has to compete on its merits. This one doesn’t smell right.

#3076 5 years ago

THIS OR THAT?

KaPow Beatles Gold or KaPow Batman 66 Premium?

Beatles Gold or Oktoberfest?

Beatles Gold or MBr SE (shipping included)?

Beatles Platinum or JJPOTC CE?

Beatles Diamond or JJPOTC SE + Dialed In SE + Hobbit LE?

Beatles Diamond or IMDN Premium + GOTG Premium + TNA + Metallic LED Pro (all NIB)?

TOUGH CHOICES!

I like the look of the Beatles pin and I would consider buying a Gold, if it were in the 6k range.

#3077 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

THIS OR THAT?
Beatles Diamond or IMDN Premium + GOTG Premium + TNA + Metallic LED Pro (all NIB)?
TOUGH CHOICES!
I like the look of the Beatles pin and I would consider buying a Gold, if it were in the 6k range.

Hey thanks man!!!

#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

THIS OR THAT?
TOUGH CHOICES!

Wow - you are quite the Beatles fan...

Knowing you are that much of a fan I would say 'THIS' for your first 4 and 'THAT' for 5 and 6

#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Wow - you are quite the Beatles fan...
Knowing you are that much of a fan I would say 'THIS' for your first 4 and 'THAT' for 5 and 6

This or That: High Point, NC > K-Vegas, NC

also.... THAT for all options listed previously.

#3080 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

THIS OR THAT?
TOUGH CHOICES!

This 0 That 7

#3081 5 years ago

SDTM Episode 78: This Week In Pinball and SDTM Seminar

LIVE This Or That
TWIPY Talk
NEW SEGMENT
TWIP Jeff

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

This or That: High Point, NC > K-Vegas, NC
also.... THAT for all options listed previously.

That is a tough one!

#3083 5 years ago

SDTM takes over TWIP on Episode 23 of the This Week In Pinball Podcast and it’s a good one.

Make sure to play along during the TWIP That Tune segment and stay after for an outtake. Had a lot of fun with Bone Man on this one.

https://www.facebook.com/1978540499041059/posts/2298814433680329/

#3085 5 years ago

Game looks and plays fantastic. Code is at 1.04

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM takes over TWIP on Episode 23 of the This Week In Pinball Podcast and it’s a good one.
Make sure to play along during the TWIP That Tune segment and stay after for an outtake. Had a lot of fun with Bone Man on this one.
https://www.facebook.com/1978540499041059/posts/2298814433680329/

hey there mr. zak, thanks for the TWIP podcasts. was driving back from florida sunday/Monday (actually FL -> VA (for a new machine) -> OH) and listened to the last three TWIP podcasts... made the trip go much, much faster. wish I had more time for podcasts in the car. (it only takes me 7 minutes to get to work!)

and I think the SDTM TWIP takeover was the best of the three.

#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM First Look:
The Beatles pinball gameplay

Looks decent but i still cant get over the price tag. Sorry to keep bringing that up but i think thats pretty much how 99.9% of the people feel about this game.

#3088 5 years ago

Where my .1% party people at?!?!? Can’t wait to play this st Pincinnati!

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

hey there mr. zak, thanks for the TWIP podcasts. was driving back from florida sunday/Monday (actually FL -> VA (for a new machine) -> OH) and listened to the last three TWIP podcasts... made the trip go much, much faster. wish I had more time for podcasts in the car. (it only takes me 7 minutes to get to work!)
and I think the SDTM TWIP takeover was the best of the three.

So much appreciate that FX.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks decent but i still cant get over the price tag. Sorry to keep bringing that up but i think thats pretty much how 99.9% of the people feel about this game.

No, I get it.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where my .1% party people at?!?!? Can’t wait to play this st Pincinnati!

Same here!

#3090 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM First Look:

Game looks fun I will probably consider getting a used gold in the future.

#3091 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can't echo this enough. I can't comment on the game considering I have never played it but the pricing alone - the disgusting greed associated with it.....I want to flip the machine over and burn it to the ground!

Ok a little strong but the machine makes me sick and represents the worst in pinball..... And I love Stern.

#3092 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

.I want to flip the machine over and burn it to the ground!

There's gonna be one at Pincinnati. Come on down and i will help you! lol

Im not really mad about it but i think its ridiculous for sure. I guess i have mixed feelings about it. I think its kind of wrong and pathetic that they are charging so much for basically nothing, but on the other hand i guess that i cant blame them for doing it either if there are people out there willing to fork over the money. I dont know man like i said.....mixed feelings.

#3093 5 years ago

the gameplay on this machine looks pretty fun. but man... at that price tag i don't think its anywhere close to justifiable unless you have absolutely deep pockets.

my biggest anger is at the thought of how good a more modern layout with a 'yellow submarine/sgt pepper' theme would be. talk about a swing and a miss with a holy grail type license.

#3094 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM First Look:

Whoa! Way better than the initial release video. Too bad their demographic isn't ....well, us LOL. Game looks great, price of admission is probably the worst on the market. And thats not a complaint, it is the Beatles and it is what it is; if they can sell them at that price and keeps the better designers, programmers, and developers employed, its a win win...right?

Speaking of price tags. Does anyone else find it strange that there's WAY more new games available by multiple manufacturers, more than there ever has in 10 or so years, yet the prices keep climbing...fast! You'd thing with too much supply something would have to be sacrificed, but the pinball market continues to boom and amaze.

Anyway, big thanks to SDTM for the video. Keep up the hardwork guys, and keeping us mere mortals entertained

#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

the gameplay on this machine looks pretty fun. but man... at that price tag i don't think its anywhere close to justifiable unless you have absolutely deep pockets.
my biggest anger is at the thought of how good a more modern layout with a 'yellow submarine/sgt pepper' theme would be. talk about a swing and a miss with a holy grail type license.

100% agree

#3096 5 years ago

Was there a coin slot, I couldn't tell. The songs didn't sound full length to me. They were only 2 minutes plus song anyway back in the 60's. I want one, but gotta find one to play first and then think really hard if it's justifiable. I was hoping for so much more, In my mine. Imagine that.You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.

#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't echo this enough. I can't comment on the game considering I have never played it but the pricing alone - the disgusting greed associated with it.....I want to flip the machine over and burn it to the ground!
Ok a little strong but the machine makes me sick and represents the worst in pinball..... And I love Stern.

Lol, why? People's emotional responses to a pinball machine are pretty bizarre.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Was there a coin slot, I couldn't tell. The songs didn't sound full length to me. They were only 2 minutes plus song anyway back in the 60's. I want one, but gotta find one to play first and then think really hard if it's justifiable. I was hoping for so much more, In my mine. Imagine that.You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.

Looks like a standard coin door. Didn't even look like the decal was on them so I'm not sure if something has changed from the released photo's or not.

#3098 5 years ago

I was just paid some money that I wrote off as a bad investment. So now I have a This or That.
TNA or Beatles Gold.
I would say platinum but sure of price. I have not played neither game.

#3099 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I was just paid some money that I wrote off as a bad investment. So now I have a This or That.
TNA or Beatles Gold.

Based on your collection I think you would really like both of them. I own TNA and it is a great game. Brutal, fast, fun, multiplayer awesomeness, etc. Haven't played The Beatles yet but the addition of modes may push it over TNA. It is certainly going to have more to do then TNA. Hard to say for sure yet though as more is not always better.

#3100 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

TNA or Beatles Gold.

I’m sure beatles is a blast to play too. So for me, it would come down to theme and music. TNA all the way for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/62?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.