bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 125.
#2851 5 years ago

Yes, that shift work is the hardest to get fully rested. So time I to changes shifts, but not every week like shift work. I just got up, coffee, pinball, eat and work is all I know at times. Aerosmith was good but now alot better after update. Can't believe the run is ending so soon. Have a good one my friend

Quoted from Who-Dey:Not much buddy unfortunately. I couldn't sleep last nite much and im on 12 hours today.
Its gonna be a rough day but hopefully i will crash tonight after i get home and drink a beer and play a few games of pinball. I work shift work and i have alot of trouble sleeping because i never have a regular schedule. It sucks but it pays the bills and buys pinball machines so gotta do it whether i want to or not right?
I think im gonna jump on AS tonight and try to get to medley tour multiball! That game is so much damn fun. People dont know what they are missing that haven't played it.

#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes, that shift work is the hardest to get fully rested. So time I to changes shifts, but not every week like shift work. I just got up, coffee, pinball, eat and work is all I know at times. Aerosmith was good but now alot better after update. Can't believe the run is ending so soon. Have a good one my friend

You are building quite a collection there Spider. Do you ever have trouble deciding what to play? AS has been overlooked by almost everyone seems like. I dont understand it but it is what it is i guess. I wont say that its bolted to the floor but im not looking to get rid of it anytime soon thats for sure. Its a great game with a good code and very satisfying shots.

#2853 5 years ago

Hey pretty cool to see you guys in off camera mode setting up for your seminar. This was viewable on the end of the pinball news video with Tim Arnold on youtube.

#2854 5 years ago

It was like a documentary of behind the scenes of sdtm. Entertaining. Cant wait for your seminar video to be posted. Hope it went well.

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Hey pretty cool to see you guys in off camera mode setting up for your seminar. This was viewable on the end of the pinball news video with Tim Arnold on youtube.

Thank you so much! It was a really great time! Looking to be bigger and better next year! We learned a lot this first time!

#2856 5 years ago

Just curious Zach, has anyone ever told you that you look like Eli Manning? Just curious because you kind of do....like a lot.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just curious Zach, has anyone ever told you that you look like Eli Manning? Just curious because you kind of do....like a lot.

Ouch

#2858 5 years ago

NEW SDTM EPISODE 76: Expo Discussion and Exclusive New Pinball Manufacturer Information

#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Eli Manning...no. Mitch Trubisky, yes.

zmeny (resized).PNGzmeny (resized).PNG
#2860 5 years ago

I didnt mean it as a bad thing, i was just watching the Giants game last night and realized that.

#2861 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah my buddy in grad school always called me Eli....

#2863 5 years ago

....cannot..tell..if...serious....

#2864 5 years ago

Beatles fans should love it, very old school vibe to it. It's not for me but they did a nice job on it. Really enjoyed the latest episode, super friendly vibe you guys just hanging out at a show. It was like the sitcom episode where they travel and get out of the studio.

#2866 5 years ago

So is Pong a buy at $3,600 to play with the kids and friends or is it a pass because it gets old fast?

#2867 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

So is Pong a buy at $3,600 to play with the kids and friends or is it a pass because it gets old fast?

Only if you’re a rich guy that has waaay too much money.

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I wouldn't buy it for 500......

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Idk that thing was fun

#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

....cannot..tell..if...serious....

Just wished the video was better. Did not showcase the beauty of the game.

#2871 5 years ago

That Beatles game is f*cking hideous! Thats 2 stinkers in a row with this and DP. The Munsters better be the hit that people are expecting or Stern is going to have some really low sales. Seriously WTF were they thinking when they made this turd?

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Seriously WTF were they thinking when they made this turd?

0F2E8D0E-0B04-4E60-909D-BDF79DBA1BB0 (resized).jpeg0F2E8D0E-0B04-4E60-909D-BDF79DBA1BB0 (resized).jpeg

#2873 5 years ago

Yeah but they wont sell many of these i dont think Eskaybee

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

"This episode sponsored by Ka-Pow..."

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but they wont sell many of these i dont think Eskaybee

If the rumored $25k+ diamond edition price is true...

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That Beatles game is f*cking hideous! Thats 2 stinkers in a row with this and DP. The Munsters better be the hit that people are expecting or Stern is going to have some really low sales. Seriously WTF were they thinking when they made this turd?

What’s hideous?

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What’s hideous?

More teal than the 1990s.

Just START there. You may realize you don't need to go any further.

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

More teal than the 1990s.
Just START there. You may realize you don't need to go any further.

Just googled 60s colors and tourquoise was a main color of the time. I think of beatlesmania like old lunchbox colors.

Tough to judge the colors because the video was effed and over saturated everything, adding a yellow hue over top. Look again. When promo videos go bad hahaha

I think people will be surprised once they see more. Just my two pennies

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just googled 60s colors and tourquoise was a main color of the time. I think of beatlesmania like old lunchbox colors.
Tough to judge the colors because the video was effed and over saturated everything, adding a yellow hue over top. Look again. When promo videos go bad hahaha
I think people will be surprised once they see more. Just my two pennies

Im honestly going to be surprised if anybody buys one. Sure looks pretty lame to me.

#2880 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Only if you’re a rich guy that has waaay too much money.

I’m a pinball forum discussing what $8,000 machines to buy, so that’s a yes too both those. Nobody answered my question

#2881 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im honestly going to be surprised if anybody buys one. Sure looks pretty lame to me.

Just not into early ss layouts?

#2882 5 years ago

Zach / Greg - you seemed really impressed with MB LE. I think I might have to go in for one (although Zach - at 1250, these things aren't going anywhere - took AFMr at 1k almost a year plus).

If you were to compare it to Octoberfest, was it a no brainer MBr

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will sell plenty, maybe not 1964 but it will do just fine. Just because you dont buy a game doesn't make it a flop.

Quoted from ZMeny:

I like Seawitch a lot and there looks to be some great upgrades added. I dont love the art but I'm not really a Franchi guy so that doesn't surprise me. It's all going to depend on price. Pro pricing and they sell all of the golds. Premium or more and I'll just buy a Seawitch.

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They will sell plenty, maybe not 1964 but it will do just fine. Just because you dont buy a game doesn't make it a flop.

I like Seawitch a lot and there looks to be some great upgrades added. I dont love the art but I'm not really a Franchi guy so that doesn't surprise me. It's all going to depend on price. Pro pricing and they sell all of the golds. Premium or more and I'll just buy a Seawitch.

Good take

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just not into early ss layouts?

I like them Zach but not at todays NIB prices and definitely not at todays Kapow inflated prices.

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I’m a pinball forum discussing what $8,000 machines to buy, so that’s a yes too both those. Nobody answered my question

Ok, the answer to your question is pong worth 3600 dollars would not only be no, but HELL NO.

#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like them Zach but not at todays NIB prices and definitely not at todays Kapow inflated prices.

So it’s the price? What is the price?

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

So it’s the price? What is the price?

They dont know, but they are mad as hell about this game that they dont want, lol.

#2890 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They dont know, but they are mad as hell about this game that they dont want, lol.

I could see bitching about the price if there was an actual price

#2891 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Preemptive pissing and moaning is a long standing pinside tradition.

It's pretty simple, if you dont like the game or the price, dont buy it. It always amazes me how people get really mad when they dont like a new game.

#2892 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's pretty simple, if you dont like the game or the price, dont buy it. It always amazes me how people get really mad when they dont like a new game.

I don't think the majority, or anywhere close to it, are mad aboot it. I think lots of people just think it looks horrible. There's some real Beatles fans in there that had "their hearts broken" but that's going to happen everytime no matter what. eXpecially with a ka-pow angle I think most people knewm it wasn't going to be for them.
But again, I think most people are just a little chocked by the look of it. Hmm...well true there are people that never play games without ramps that are a little pissy.

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think the majority, or anywhere close to it, are mad aboot it. I think lots of people just think it looks horrible. There's some real Beatles fans in there that had "their hearts broken" but that's going to happen everytime no matter what. eXpecially with a ka-pow angle I think most people knewm it wasn't going to be for them.
But again, I think most people are just a little chocked by the look of it. Hmm...well true there are people that never play games without ramps that are a little pissy.

Sounds like there will be 3 art packages. Maybe the other 2 are better. It's funny to me that cgc applauded for doing some bling and stern is killed when they actually added a lot to the gameplay of a remake. The whole dream theme nonsense is even worse. I should get to punch anyone that says grail or dream theme. They are all just over priced luxury toys. No one is hurt by not liking stern The Beatles.

#2894 5 years ago

Kind of sucks when the premier Beatles game looks like a child designed it. It's like they went with the winner of a 5th grade science product. It's embarrassing.

I'm not even a Beatles fan but I always enjoy seeing a new pinball. For the money they are going to charge for this thing they should be shamed GOT style.

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh its coming Zach, this is just the prelude

Like everybody is speculating, they aren't selling these to pinball people, like Supreme.

So who cares, announce Munsters at the same time.

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's funny to me that cgc applauded for doing some bling and stern is killed when they actually added a lot to the gameplay of a remake.

Agree there, but people love bling now and I don't think adding MB to a SS game moves the needle much round here. I think it's pretty cool but THe spinner and magnet seem sort of tacked on but we shall see. I didn;t really think it was going to be a seawitch...but like I said before whatever gets them closer to making classics is good in my book.

Quoted from jgentry:

The whole dream theme nonsense is even worse. I should get to punch anyone that says grail or dream theme..

Preaching to the choir. The call it a grail but it seems to be "childhood ruiner" more often.

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pinheads will weigh in right? Some people need to get a grip and understand that!

Yeah, its SUCKS, I will play games "without ramps", love em all, but not falling for this overpriced stupid BS. Yes its "overpriced" no matter what.

To me, as a long time buyer that has shoved $$$ their way the last several years, of which i love many of those, its a joke.

I think we are seeing the culmination of EGO and are F ed on this Seawitch reskin.

What's the price?

#2898 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's the price?

That's the big Q fo sho. Even at $5000 there just isn't a chance for me.

#2899 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinheads will weigh in right? Some people need to get a grip and understand that!
Yeah, its SUCKS, I will play games "without ramps", love em all, but not falling for this overpriced stupid BS. Yes its "overpriced" no matter what.
To me, as a long time buyer that has shoved $$$ their way the last several years, of which i love many of those, its a joke.
I think we are seeing the culmination of EGO and are F ed on this Seawitch reskin.
What's the price?

Is the bubble bursting or are you just drunk again?

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Is the bubble bursting or are you just drunk again?

Lol. You and fellow Stern pumper Levi need to jump on this Beatles JG!

Gotta keep the hype machine running.

It is what it is, crapola, Xmas turd, and while I won't be buying Beatles, its a no go on Munsters too.

Bitch, whine and complain...that's what we do here, you know it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/58?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.