bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 125.
#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

another fav. You should have trapped up and listened to the cop on screen.
[quoted image]

Face to Face has consequences, baby!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Poor Greg took it like a champ.

Quoted from Ericc123:

I don’t usually enjoy watching videos of other people playing pinball but that was truly excellent. Watching that really makes me miss my Houdini and all things considered I’d say Greg was a pretty good sport about it. Him being salty made the video hilarious. I wish I could subscribe to your YouTube channel more than once because you guys deserve it with content that just keeps getting better.

Wow Thanks Eric!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't feel too bad Greg, not many people could have beaten Zach the way that he blew the game up like he did. I don't know if that kind of play is the norm for Zach or not but if it is he needs to play some tournaments.

I mean....cmon I cranked out 11bil on GB...mad flipper skills yo, but my shot accuracy needs attention

Quoted from Spiderpin:

I thought Zach was toast on the 2nd game too. I couldn't believe he was going to try and catch you.

Me too haha

Quoted from Yelobird:

Priceless. Nothing like a good bitch slap to know who your friends are lol. Great video please bring lots of those new shirts to Expo for sale!

First time I’ve slapped someone. Very difficult to do, but I’m a professional so it had to be done.

Quoted from jorro:

You enjoy slapping face a little tooo meny

Nahhh

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I mean....cmon I cranked out 11bil on GB...mad flipper skills yo, but my shot accuracy needs attention

You are definitely a good player with good skills. Thats why i said that you should play some tournaments. I have no doubt that you would be a good tournament player. 11 billion on GB is unreal also. My high is 7.6 billion and i thought that was pretty unbelievable. Ghostbusters rocks i dont care what anybody says.

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are definitely a good player with good skills. Thats why i said that you should play some tournaments. I have no doubt that you would be a good tournament player.

I agree. You have a very analytical approach when you trap up, trying to figure out what you have going and what you can work on, that would serve you very well in a tournament.

#2804 5 years ago

Quite the gameplay video guys - well done! Who woulda thunk it too given how "tight" the shots are on Houdini and how it's consequently "not fun" to play. That bonus awarded for playing all the stage modes is unreal!

Also - I was tempted to email Greg after viewing his earlier Houdini streams and ask why he never just backhands the inner loop shot. Works MUCH better for many (including me), but apparently not on his game. Strange.

#2805 5 years ago

You know when Greg gets a win in a future Face Off its going to be like RocknRolla

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That bonus awarded for playing all the stage modes is unreal!

points are based on how you did on those modes, so timing out or things like that to get to the bonus are not going to help. If memory serves, the bonus does use the playfield multiplier (I debated that for a while), so certainly finishing up that last mode you want that has high as possible. Good strategy would be to leave milkcan for last, since doing well on that will max out the playfield multiplier. Based on that bonus, suspect he got pretty far or completed most of the modes, likely did some with the 2X stage multiplier or playfield multipliers. Certainly starting stage modes with the 2X is key, especially when doing reversed and intverted on straitjacket, since that then gives 6X jackpots, plus playfield multiplier, so that is where you can really rack up the points. Plus getting good at inverted is critical if you want to beat the master magician mode.

Not sure if they got to Movie Binge, but that too can be quite lucrative, it also uses what you scored on the mode in setting shot values during the binge. There you have a multiplier based on balls in play, so strategy is to shoot the lower value shots first, get more balls in play, and then go for the high value shots.

Did not watch the match, too busy with Oktoberfest, I'll have to go back and watch it at some point, since those are pretty massive scores.

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

points are based on how you did on those modes, so timing out or things like that to get to the bonus are not going to help. If memory serves, the bonus does use the playfield multiplier (I debated that for a while), so certainly finishing up that last mode you want that has high as possible. Good strategy would be to leave milkcan for last, since doing well on that will max out the playfield multiplier. Based on that bonus, suspect he got pretty far or completed most of the modes, likely did some with the 2X stage multiplier or playfield multipliers. Certainly starting stage modes with the 2X is key, especially when doing reversed and intverted on straitjacket, since that then gives 6X jackpots, plus playfield multiplier, so that is where you can really rack up the points. Plus getting good at inverted is critical if you want to beat the master magician mode.
Not sure if they got to Movie Binge, but that too can be quite lucrative, it also uses what you scored on the mode in setting shot values during the binge. There you have a multiplier based on balls in play, so strategy is to shoot the lower value shots first, get more balls in play, and then go for the high value shots.
Did not watch the match, too busy with Oktoberfest, I'll have to go back and watch it at some point, since those are pretty massive scores.

I was one away from movie binge I believe, but did complete 8 of 10 modes and finished all of them. Hopefully we will be seeing a Face Off on Oktoberfest soon enough

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I was one away from movie binge I believe, but did complete 8 of 10 modes and finished all of them. Hopefully we will be seeing a Face Off on Oktoberfest soon enough

Movie binge would have been good to see on video. If Josh hasn’t watched Face-Off yet, he needs to make time.

I especially like it is possible to blow up a score. Rather than adjusting it, I wish Josh would leave scoring as is and maybe implement a “Zach Attack” or “Meny’s Revenge” rule. Could be implemented as an Easter egg rule in menu, with values of on/off.

Whatever Zach’s final score, that would become the game’s defacto maximum score allowed. It is a specific number that doesn’t appear as GC, but it is one that can never be breached. To add insult to injury, a player reaching that level can’t enter his initials, instead Zach’s are automatically used. default setting is off, but if op wants to implement he changes value on.

#2809 5 years ago

Movie binge would have been good to see on video. If Josh hasn’t watched Face-Off yet, he needs to make time.
I especially like it is possible to blow up a score. Rather than adjusting it, I wish Josh would leave scoring as is and maybe implement a “Zach Attack” or “Meny’s Revenge” rule. Could be implemented as an Easter egg rule in menu, with values of on/off.
Whatever Zach’s final score, that would become the game’s defacto maximum score allowed. It is a specific number that doesn’t appear as GC, but it is one that can never be breached. To add insult to injury, a player reaching that level can’t enter his initials, instead Zach’s are automatically used. default setting is off, but if op wants to implement he changes value on.

I like your thinking!!

#2810 5 years ago

Great show, but I would really like it to be with the tilt bob attached. But great to watch as always !

#2811 5 years ago

Watched the face off while building mods today then had to attempt to duplicate those excellent scores. After an hour of games under 2mil. I gave up.
You guys smoked it and I too have no tilt bob in there.
Hats off to you both...slow mo slap shots made me laugh so hard I almost cried. Excellent as always.

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Watched the face off while building mods today then had to attempt to duplicate those excellent scores. After an hour of games under 2mil. I gave up.
You guys smoked it and I too have no tilt bob in there.
Hats off to you both...slow mo slap shots made me laugh so hard I almost cried. Excellent as always.

Haha thanks for checking it out buddy

#2813 5 years ago

I have a tilt bob in my Houdini, but it never seems to trigger any tilts. I'll have to look into that sometime.

#2814 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have a tilt bob in my Houdini, but it never seems to trigger any tilts. I'll have to look into that sometime.

It didn't seem to work at all until the latest software release.

#2815 5 years ago

ZMeny I see your DP is still for sale. You may need to throw in socks and headband that was used in the video when Dead Pool was unboxed. That may entice a buyer. You can keep your shorts. Can't see anyone wanting to get into your shorts.

#2816 5 years ago

Orion’s Belt in action on Deadpool LE. Just watch Orion’s Belt shine during Disco Multiball!

#2817 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Orion’s Belt in action on Deadpool LE. Just watch Orion’s Belt shine during Disco Multiball!

That was a great stream and you guys are awesome. Here is the exact moment 34:20 (link below) Orion's Belt gets pushed hard on the Super Skill Shot then immediately followed up by the impressive part of Disco Mode that Zach is referring to.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That was a great stream and you guys are awesome. Here is the exact moment 34:20 (link below) Orion's Belt gets pushed hard on the Super Skill Shot then immediately followed up by the impressive part of Disco Mode that Zach is referring to.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

And a close up of Chucks face when it goes off. Lol

22A4DE09-8176-488E-9E2C-AABE06E47A1C (resized).png22A4DE09-8176-488E-9E2C-AABE06E47A1C (resized).png
#2819 5 years ago

Great show guys. Keep it up.
Suggestion for the next this or that episode:
Road show vs Cactus Canyon.

What do you think of video modes?
I like them if they match the theme.

#2820 5 years ago
Quoted from PurpleHeart:

Great show guys. Keep it up.
Suggestion for the next this or that episode:
Road show vs Cactus Canyon.
What do you think of video modes?
I like them if they match the theme.

Video modes are great when the are challenging and rewarding, they are terrible when they are not.

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And a close up of Chucks face when it goes off. Lol[quoted image]

Ha ha I can’t wait to see you guys at expo!

#2822 5 years ago

Which of our SDTM friends are going to Chicago Expo?

#2823 5 years ago

When is the next SDTM episode?

#2825 5 years ago

But look out for exclusive videos during expo as well!

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You heard it here first, Zach is one upping Jack Danger and wearing lederhosen to play Oktoberfest!

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

maybe this is part of the plan already... but any thoughts on doing a 'live from expo' type of show?

maybe with special guest interviews (gomez/deadflip/etc), face off's (new/unique/boutique pins), etc???

#2828 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

You heard it here first, Zach is one upping Jack Danger and wearing lederhosen to play Oktoberfest!

If we were asked to do the reveal Greg and I would have sported them for sure.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Which of our SDTM friends are going to Chicago Expo?

I’ll be there!

#2831 5 years ago

We want pictures Zach!

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You will get them

Sweet....hope you guys have fun!

#2834 5 years ago

SDTM Exclusive: Oktoberfest: Pinball On Tap

Promo Video

#2835 5 years ago

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing some game play footage. This is looking good so far!

#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing some game play footage. This is looking good so far!

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip Live now

#2837 5 years ago

I liked the wireforms and the 180 kick back. Plus that Corkscrew Rollercoaster. Got to find one and play it once they ship.

#2838 5 years ago

I'm officially excited for OF - the game looks really good! When does it come out?

#2839 5 years ago

This from American Pinball website: Oktoberfest pinball machines will be available through authorized American Pinball distributors and dealers around the world. Stay tuned for more information on pricing and availability.

#2840 5 years ago

Oktoberfest looks awesome and is probably going to sell well if they price it right. I cant stop looking at MBR though, its like looking at the most beautiful woman in the world.

#2841 5 years ago

This looks like a really fun game.....

#2842 5 years ago

IMG_0013.jpeg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#2843 5 years ago

Zach,

Just fyi you might want to include the site address or a link...

Also does this 15% apply to Pinstadiums?

#2844 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Zach,

Pinstadium.com

And yes it does apply to Pin Stadiums

#2845 5 years ago

Oktoberfest looks like a genuine fun game can't wait for your review

#2846 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Pinstadium.com
And yes it does apply to Pin Stadiums

Yes it does apply and just announced a few minutes ago a "Limited" 2nd run of Orion's Belt was just announced this morning. Discount applies to those also. www.pinstadium.com

Quoted from Blacksun:

Zach,

Great video on Oktoberfest, thank you again SDTM for the great "instant" coverage on that pin! Now it's time for you to enjoy the show

#2847 5 years ago

Damn Oktoberfest is looking killer and super fun. Can't wait to here impressions from everyone who gets to play it.

#2848 5 years ago

Zach and Greg, what are your thoughts on Monster Bash?

#2849 5 years ago

Who-Dey don't you ever sleep? I'm off work in 10 mins, then I'm out like a light.

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Who-Dey don't you ever sleep? I'm off work in 10 mins, then I'm out like a light.

Not much buddy unfortunately. I couldn't sleep last nite much and im on 12 hours today.

Its gonna be a rough day but hopefully i will crash tonight after i get home and drink a beer and play a few games of pinball. I work shift work and i have alot of trouble sleeping because i never have a regular schedule. It sucks but it pays the bills and buys pinball machines so gotta do it whether i want to or not right?

I think im gonna jump on AS tonight and try to get to medley tour multiball! That game is so much damn fun. People dont know what they are missing that haven't played it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 300.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/57?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.