*NEW* SDTM Episode 75: FACE-OFF (loser faces consequence, crazy high scores!)

(Topic ID: 180877)

*NEW* SDTM Episode 75: FACE-OFF (loser faces consequence, crazy high scores!)

By ZMeny

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,824 posts
  • 247 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“*NEW* SDTM Episode 75: FACE-OFF (loser faces consequence, crazy high scores!)”

• Team Greg 37 votes
      33%
    • Team Zach 28 votes
      25%
    • Neither 12 votes
      11%
    • One cannot pick between Abbott or Costello 34 votes
      31%

(111 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 145 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

22A4DE09-8176-488E-9E2C-AABE06E47A1C (resized).png
    27B2F1A4-61FD-4CF4-BDE8-0DC9FE38DB04 (resized).png
    A1BD4BCB-A21D-467B-BDF5-71C26BB43479 (resized).png
    43B161C2-DA48-431F-8A2B-3CA70E830F22 (resized).png
    EE775FC8-D40B-4FFF-9BB5-00F52FE53E7F (resized).png
    75056010-23AA-437B-8AF3-FB87A05BC139 (resized).png
    218BE1BE-2E01-4C79-A956-FF6547C98FCA (resized).png
    D2E5B7B3-D2E9-4E18-B8BB-0666598817BD (resized).png
    3FB29AE5-BCF1-4BD6-BEC5-9B0C65E3D2F0 (resized).png
    714AEE6C-08CE-4E41-A21E-43D88D5B07C3 (resized).jpeg
    48402693-7A31-4928-B5A6-6E831BA5F6D3 (resized).jpeg
    7EE70982-7990-49E3-A3E0-306D8F372DC7 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20180926-000130_Gallery (resized).jpg
    0_5juyRUr.JPG.750x750_q85ss0_progressive (resized).jpg
    20180922_084914 (resized).jpg
    20180921_210930_HDR (resized).jpg

There are 2833 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 57.
    #2801 15 days ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

another fav. You should have trapped up and listened to the cop on screen.
    [quoted image]

Face to Face has consequences, baby!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Poor Greg took it like a champ.

Quoted from Ericc123:

I don’t usually enjoy watching videos of other people playing pinball but that was truly excellent. Watching that really makes me miss my Houdini and all things considered I’d say Greg was a pretty good sport about it. Him being salty made the video hilarious. I wish I could subscribe to your YouTube channel more than once because you guys deserve it with content that just keeps getting better.

Wow Thanks Eric!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't feel too bad Greg, not many people could have beaten Zach the way that he blew the game up like he did. I don't know if that kind of play is the norm for Zach or not but if it is he needs to play some tournaments.

I mean....cmon I cranked out 11bil on GB...mad flipper skills yo, but my shot accuracy needs attention

Quoted from Spiderpin:

I thought Zach was toast on the 2nd game too. I couldn't believe he was going to try and catch you.

Me too haha

Quoted from Yelobird:

Priceless. Nothing like a good bitch slap to know who your friends are lol. Great video please bring lots of those new shirts to Expo for sale!

First time I’ve slapped someone. Very difficult to do, but I’m a professional so it had to be done.

Quoted from jorro:

You enjoy slapping face a little tooo meny

Nahhh

#2802 15 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I mean....cmon I cranked out 11bil on GB...mad flipper skills yo, but my shot accuracy needs attention

You are definitely a good player with good skills. Thats why i said that you should play some tournaments. I have no doubt that you would be a good tournament player. 11 billion on GB is unreal also. My high is 7.6 billion and i thought that was pretty unbelievable. Ghostbusters rocks i dont care what anybody says.

#2803 15 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are definitely a good player with good skills. Thats why i said that you should play some tournaments. I have no doubt that you would be a good tournament player.

I agree. You have a very analytical approach when you trap up, trying to figure out what you have going and what you can work on, that would serve you very well in a tournament.

#2804 15 days ago

Quite the gameplay video guys - well done! Who woulda thunk it too given how "tight" the shots are on Houdini and how it's consequently "not fun" to play. That bonus awarded for playing all the stage modes is unreal!

Also - I was tempted to email Greg after viewing his earlier Houdini streams and ask why he never just backhands the inner loop shot. Works MUCH better for many (including me), but apparently not on his game. Strange.

#2805 15 days ago

You know when Greg gets a win in a future Face Off its going to be like RocknRolla

#2806 13 days ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That bonus awarded for playing all the stage modes is unreal!

points are based on how you did on those modes, so timing out or things like that to get to the bonus are not going to help. If memory serves, the bonus does use the playfield multiplier (I debated that for a while), so certainly finishing up that last mode you want that has high as possible. Good strategy would be to leave milkcan for last, since doing well on that will max out the playfield multiplier. Based on that bonus, suspect he got pretty far or completed most of the modes, likely did some with the 2X stage multiplier or playfield multipliers. Certainly starting stage modes with the 2X is key, especially when doing reversed and intverted on straitjacket, since that then gives 6X jackpots, plus playfield multiplier, so that is where you can really rack up the points. Plus getting good at inverted is critical if you want to beat the master magician mode.

Not sure if they got to Movie Binge, but that too can be quite lucrative, it also uses what you scored on the mode in setting shot values during the binge. There you have a multiplier based on balls in play, so strategy is to shoot the lower value shots first, get more balls in play, and then go for the high value shots.

Did not watch the match, too busy with Oktoberfest, I'll have to go back and watch it at some point, since those are pretty massive scores.

#2807 13 days ago
    Quoted from rosh:

points are based on how you did on those modes, so timing out or things like that to get to the bonus are not going to help. If memory serves, the bonus does use the playfield multiplier (I debated that for a while), so certainly finishing up that last mode you want that has high as possible. Good strategy would be to leave milkcan for last, since doing well on that will max out the playfield multiplier. Based on that bonus, suspect he got pretty far or completed most of the modes, likely did some with the 2X stage multiplier or playfield multipliers. Certainly starting stage modes with the 2X is key, especially when doing reversed and intverted on straitjacket, since that then gives 6X jackpots, plus playfield multiplier, so that is where you can really rack up the points. Plus getting good at inverted is critical if you want to beat the master magician mode.
    Not sure if they got to Movie Binge, but that too can be quite lucrative, it also uses what you scored on the mode in setting shot values during the binge. There you have a multiplier based on balls in play, so strategy is to shoot the lower value shots first, get more balls in play, and then go for the high value shots.
    Did not watch the match, too busy with Oktoberfest, I'll have to go back and watch it at some point, since those are pretty massive scores.

I was one away from movie binge I believe, but did complete 8 of 10 modes and finished all of them. Hopefully we will be seeing a Face Off on Oktoberfest soon enough

#2808 12 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I was one away from movie binge I believe, but did complete 8 of 10 modes and finished all of them. Hopefully we will be seeing a Face Off on Oktoberfest soon enough

Movie binge would have been good to see on video. If Josh hasn’t watched Face-Off yet, he needs to make time.

I especially like it is possible to blow up a score. Rather than adjusting it, I wish Josh would leave scoring as is and maybe implement a “Zach Attack” or “Meny’s Revenge” rule. Could be implemented as an Easter egg rule in menu, with values of on/off.

Whatever Zach’s final score, that would become the game’s defacto maximum score allowed. It is a specific number that doesn’t appear as GC, but it is one that can never be breached. To add insult to injury, a player reaching that level can’t enter his initials, instead Zach’s are automatically used. default setting is off, but if op wants to implement he changes value on.

#2809 12 days ago

Movie binge would have been good to see on video. If Josh hasn’t watched Face-Off yet, he needs to make time.
    I especially like it is possible to blow up a score. Rather than adjusting it, I wish Josh would leave scoring as is and maybe implement a “Zach Attack” or “Meny’s Revenge” rule. Could be implemented as an Easter egg rule in menu, with values of on/off.
    Whatever Zach’s final score, that would become the game’s defacto maximum score allowed. It is a specific number that doesn’t appear as GC, but it is one that can never be breached. To add insult to injury, a player reaching that level can’t enter his initials, instead Zach’s are automatically used. default setting is off, but if op wants to implement he changes value on.

I like your thinking!!

#2810 12 days ago

Great show, but I would really like it to be with the tilt bob attached. But great to watch as always !

#2811 12 days ago

Watched the face off while building mods today then had to attempt to duplicate those excellent scores. After an hour of games under 2mil. I gave up.
    You guys smoked it and I too have no tilt bob in there.
    Hats off to you both...slow mo slap shots made me laugh so hard I almost cried. Excellent as always.

#2812 12 days ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

Watched the face off while building mods today then had to attempt to duplicate those excellent scores. After an hour of games under 2mil. I gave up.
    You guys smoked it and I too have no tilt bob in there.
    Hats off to you both...slow mo slap shots made me laugh so hard I almost cried. Excellent as always.

Haha thanks for checking it out buddy

#2813 11 days ago

I have a tilt bob in my Houdini, but it never seems to trigger any tilts. I'll have to look into that sometime.

#2814 11 days ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have a tilt bob in my Houdini, but it never seems to trigger any tilts. I'll have to look into that sometime.

It didn't seem to work at all until the latest software release.

#2815 10 days ago

ZMeny I see your DP is still for sale. You may need to throw in socks and headband that was used in the video when Dead Pool was unboxed. That may entice a buyer. You can keep your shorts. Can't see anyone wanting to get into your shorts.

#2816 8 days ago

Orion’s Belt in action on Deadpool LE. Just watch Orion’s Belt shine during Disco Multiball!

#2817 7 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Orion’s Belt in action on Deadpool LE. Just watch Orion’s Belt shine during Disco Multiball!

That was a great stream and you guys are awesome. Here is the exact moment 34:20 (link below) Orion's Belt gets pushed hard on the Super Skill Shot then immediately followed up by the impressive part of Disco Mode that Zach is referring to.

Scott
    Pin Stadium
    www.pinstadium.com

#2818 6 days ago
    Quoted from pinstadium:

That was a great stream and you guys are awesome. Here is the exact moment 34:20 (link below) Orion's Belt gets pushed hard on the Super Skill Shot then immediately followed up by the impressive part of Disco Mode that Zach is referring to.

Scott
    Pin Stadium
    www.pinstadium.com

And a close up of Chucks face when it goes off. Lol

22A4DE09-8176-488E-9E2C-AABE06E47A1C (resized).png
    #2819 6 days ago

Great show guys. Keep it up.
    Suggestion for the next this or that episode:
    Road show vs Cactus Canyon.

What do you think of video modes?
    I like them if they match the theme.

#2820 5 days ago
    Quoted from PurpleHeart:

Great show guys. Keep it up.
    Suggestion for the next this or that episode:
    Road show vs Cactus Canyon.
    What do you think of video modes?
    I like them if they match the theme.

Video modes are great when the are challenging and rewarding, they are terrible when they are not.

#2821 4 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

And a close up of Chucks face when it goes off. Lol[quoted image]

Ha ha I can’t wait to see you guys at expo!

#2822 2 days ago

Which of our SDTM friends are going to Chicago Expo?

#2823 2 days ago

When is the next SDTM episode?

#2825 2 days ago

But look out for exclusive videos during expo as well!

#2826 2 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

You heard it here first, Zach is one upping Jack Danger and wearing lederhosen to play Oktoberfest!

#2827 2 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

maybe this is part of the plan already... but any thoughts on doing a 'live from expo' type of show?

maybe with special guest interviews (gomez/deadflip/etc), face off's (new/unique/boutique pins), etc???

#2828 2 days ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

You heard it here first, Zach is one upping Jack Danger and wearing lederhosen to play Oktoberfest!

If we were asked to do the reveal Greg and I would have sported them for sure.

#2829 1 day ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Which of our SDTM friends are going to Chicago Expo?

I’ll be there!

#2831 1 day ago

We want pictures Zach!

#2833 1 day ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

You will get them

Sweet....hope you guys have fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 27.99
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4,900.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 21.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 11.99
    $ 26.95
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 2833 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 57.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside