bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 125.
#2651 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

More like Msnbc and CNN Pathetic garbage 24/7

Its all fake except fox, so take your pic. I like to watch Rachel Madcow get all upset and pout and cry, shes the best.

#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its all fake except fox, so take your pic. I like to watch Rachel Madcow get all upset and pout and cry, shes the best.

Faux news is the best/ By the way, does it get damp in your underground bunker?

#2653 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Faux news is the best/ By the way, does it get damp in your underground bunker?

No its awesome, got pinball machines and everything down there, come on over!

#2654 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Alright so after about 10 games on DP my initial thoughts are below.
This game shoots like nothing I've ever seen before. Both in a good way and a bad way at times. The way the shooter lane is used the orbits feel like wide body orbits, they are crazy long. The lift ramp in the shooter lane one the premium/le is freaking awesome, great toy that makes the left orbit super fun. The scoop is far away but is a super easy shot. The right orbit has a touch of rattle but its fine and is a crazy long shot. The katana lock doesn't work. Maybe 30% hit rate, so epic fail there. When it does work it's pretty cool though. Little inner colossus shot and inner spinner orbit feel better then expected.
Code is not were it needs to be, bones are there but it's a huge step back from IMDN which was near complete at release. The disco mode is cool as hell though.
Music is fun, callouts are fine, screen is cool.
Art package is as good as they come.
Overall it's weird, different, and has a ton of potential. That shooter lane lift ramp is so freaking cool. Gomez has some explaining to do on the katana ramp. It does not play like any other stern. Some will hate it, some will love it because its different, most will find it ok.

Just to circle back around a little I think the code is actually much better then I originally thought. I just didn't know how some things worked. The code is super unique and there is a lot there already. Definitely needs some polish and a few additions but it only a few steps behind IMDN at launch.

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

only a few steps behind IMDN at launch.

If that is true then you got yourself one heck of a game in Deadpool. Hope you are enjoying it.

#2656 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If that is true then you got yourself one heck of a game in Deadpool. Hope you are enjoying it.

Just as far as completeness of code. They are extremely different games. Certainly not a bad thing.

#2657 5 years ago
EBF76216-F991-4DCF-914F-6FDFE5008229 (resized).jpegEBF76216-F991-4DCF-914F-6FDFE5008229 (resized).jpeg
#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just as far as completeness of code. They are extremely different games. Certainly not a bad thing.

What would you say are the top 3 games in your collection?

#2659 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’ll answer for him:

AC/DC
Eight ball deluxe
Embryon

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll answer for him:
AC/DC
Eight ball deluxe
Embryon

Haha, pretty darn close.

My favorite at any current moment is always different, but if I could only own 3 it would be
AC/DC
Flash Gordon
Embryon

My wife's would be
MM
SS
TNA

#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

My wife's would be
MM
SS
TNA

So would mine.

B4E3C575-65B0-45B5-930B-BC41EC2D26F5 (resized).pngB4E3C575-65B0-45B5-930B-BC41EC2D26F5 (resized).png
#2662 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So would mine. [quoted image]

Only if they get to insist we get together and they say 1 billion words while we quietly enjoy beer and play pinball.

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Only if they get to insist we get together and they say 1 billion words while we quietly enjoy beer and play pinball.

Wouldn’t be possible with mine. She’d be insistent on kicking your ass in pinball. Haha

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wouldn’t be possible with mine. She’d be insistent on kicking your ass in pinball. Haha

Depending on how many beers I have it might not be too hard. And if I haven't had that much and she stomps my ass anyway I'll make sure to say I drank a lot earlier in the day.....

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Haha, pretty darn close.
My favorite at any current moment is always different, but if I could only own 3 it would be
AC/DC
Flash Gordon
Embryon
My wife's would be
MM
SS
TNA

I kinda thought IMDN and MET would be in there? Then maybe MM or AFM...

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

4 great games. IMDN and Met are great, I enjoy both a lot but both code wise give me a similar feeling experience. IMDN shoots great, met is loaded with features. AFM and MM are great to play around on and I enjoy both but honestly dont play either a lot. After being king of the realm and ruling the universe a few times the replay value isn't there compared to modern sterns or classic b/w games for me. We are nit picking awesome games at this point though.

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You would.

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll answer for him:
AC/DC
Eight ball deluxe
Embryon

Quoted from jgentry:

Haha, pretty darn close.
AC/DC
Flash Gordon
Embryon
My wife's would be
MM
SS
TNA

Hey there’s the good discussion. You were gone so long, I didn’t think you’d ever return.

I’m still diggin my Star Wars Premium. I know, I know, I get it, but I don’t get it. So many fun things to do with killer layout and feel.

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey there’s the good discussion. You were gone so long, I didn’t think you’d ever return.
I’m still diggin my Star Wars Premium. I know, I know, I get it, but I don’t get it. So many fun things to do with killer layout and feel.

You’re blinded by the journey to destroying the Death Star. I don’t blame you.

That’s the greatest pinball experience since destroy the ring....................

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That's because it's a badass game with killer code that way too many people decided it sucked before even playing it. I still love mine, it really has a lot to offer and if you learn the multipliers and really focus on maximizing everything it creates a completely new and different pinball experience.

#2671 5 years ago

Just got my new DP pro today. I can definitely appreciate Zach and Greg's review on this one. While mine is a bit "clunky" I feel that only a few adjustments will be needed to make that right katana lock shot smooth as butter (I managed to hit it roughly 40% of the time). The orbit is not smooth and yes the inner left lop is really hard to get.

I found the Deadpool voice-over quirky and fun. Didn't bother me one bit. I can see however why people would wish it could be a tad more vulgar but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

Out of the entire game the only negative factor I will give it from owning it a few hours is the lack of lighting in the middle of the playfield. The lack of lighting made it hard to see the playfield as the reflection of the backglass was obstructing my view, especially in Disco multiball. I guess there is a right time to give pin stadium lighting a try.

With all that said its a hell of a game and ultra quick. I can tell that mine is an early build (Jul 12th) and had code .81 installed. Updated to 0.85 as soon as i got it.

Zombie Yeti really out done himself on this one. It's a piece of art.

The arrival of this game as completed my trifecta for a while. My buddy John (in picture) approves of the choices. I feel like every game his drastically different. And that's a good thing.

20180921_210930_HDR (resized).jpg20180921_210930_HDR (resized).jpg
#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just got my new DP pro today. I can definitely appreciate Zach and Greg's review on this one. While mine is a bit "clunky" I feel that only a few adjustments will be needed to make that right katana lock shot smooth as butter (I managed to hit it roughly 40% of the time). The orbit is not smooth and yes the inner left lop is really hard to get.
I found the Deadpool voice-over quirky and fun. Didn't bother me one bit. I can see however why people would wish it could be a tad more vulgar but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.
Out of the entire game the only negative factor I will give it from owning it a few hours is the lack of lighting in the middle of the playfield. The lack of lighting made it hard to see the playfield as the reflection of the backglass was obstructing my view, especially in Disco multiball. I guess there is a right time to give pin stadium lighting a try.
With all that said its a hell of a game and ultra quick. I can tell that mine is an early build (Jul 12th) and had code .81 installed. Updated to 0.85 as soon as i got it.
Zombie Yeti really out done himself on this one. It's a piece of art.
The arrival of this game as completed my trifecta for a while. My buddy John (in picture) approves of the choices. I feel like every game his drastically different. And that's a good thing.[quoted image]

Love hearing your feedback on the game. Enjoy it man and that’s one nice ass trio of machines there.

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

?

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's because it's a badass game with killer code that way too many people decided it sucked before even playing it. I still love mine, it really has a lot to offer and if you learn the multipliers and really focus on maximizing everything it creates a completely new and different pinball experience.

100% agree!!!!! Code made the pin! I think because it looks bare and people have the preconceived notion that’s it’s complicated they give up on it to easy or just skip it. My goal all fall is to get people on Star Wars and Houdini! And what’s really odd is those two are the family’s favorite pins too. You should see my 7yr old shoot both of them ha ha. There not epic games but she gets things done!

#2675 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

100% agree!!!!! Code made the pin! I think because it looks bare and people have the preconceived notion that’s it’s complicated they give up on it to easy or just skip it. My goal all fall is to get people on Star Wars and Houdini! And what’s really odd is those two are the family’s favorite pins too. You should see my 7yr old shoot both of them ha ha. There not epic games but she gets things done!

Did you buy the Houdini new or used Greg? What about The Munsters, you still getting that also?

#2676 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I think my Star Wars is Great and I agree on that one.

I have been tempted a couple times on Houdini but I'm still fairly leary on getting one.

Better save my space and $ for Munsters which will be a must have for me, and Elvira also when ever it comes out.

#2677 5 years ago

Houdini is def a no go for me (one of the worst) but I need to try star wars again with the new code.... Pro or premium on this one?

#2678 5 years ago

I have a Pro and it is really nice. Premium are nice too if you want that loop - kind of reminds me of Nascar though. Everybody has there own preference.

Star Wars in any configuration is fine.

#2679 5 years ago

I have a feeling Octoberfest is going to be an even better effort by American Pinball. They probably learned some things from Houdini....

#2680 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I have a feeling Octoberfest is going to be an even better effort by American Pinball. They probably learned some things from Houdini....

I'm excited for Octoberfest. I like the theme and that was a big issue for me on Houdini with that clip art nonsense. Plus it's layout.

I need to figure out how to get that loop shot on premium star wars

#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Houdini is def a no go for me (one of the worst) but I need to try start wars again with the new code.... Pro or premium on this one?

Houdini could have been a masterpiece very easily if it wasnt such a brickfest. The game is beautiful and the modes are really fun also seems like but the shots are just too tight. Some people may like that but most people dont.

#2682 5 years ago

Finally put together a good game on DP

Beat both quests and all 3 battles. Using team ups for the battles is key. Trying to save up for a super boom on the quests is key. Also found out that disco have 2 modes on the LE. Starts as a loop combo mode, second mode is the disco multiball that is on the pro. I played Sauron for a while and felt like I did really well but Mr Sinister did not light after I lost my multiball? Sauron is a super hard mode. The only thing I believe I didn't do was play all the lil dp modes so maybe that is why Mr Sinister didn't light? It just restarted with the 3 battles not lit again.

20180922_084914 (resized).jpg20180922_084914 (resized).jpg
#2683 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Finally put together a good game on DP
Beat both quests and all 3 battles. Using team ups for the battles is key. Trying to save up for a super boom on the quests is key. Also found out that disco have 2 modes on the LE. Starts as a loop combo mode, second mode is the disco multiball that is on the pro. I played Sauron for a while and felt like I did really well but Mr Sinister did not light after I lost my multiball? Sauron is a super hard mode. The only thing I believe I didn't do was play all the lil dp modes so maybe that is why Mr Sinister didn't light? It just restarted with the 3 battles not lit again.
[quoted image]

I think you may have to get super jackpots in a couple of the multiballs as well. I did the same thing, defeated everyone and didn’t know how to start it. Not sure it’s coded yet but I seen a video on mr sinister lighting then once you started the mode it just gave a big score and the game makes you start over again.

#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I think you may have to get super jackpots in a couple of the multiballs as well. I did the same thing, defeated everyone and didn’t know how to start it. Not sure it’s coded yet but I seen a video on mr sinister lighting then once you started the mode it just gave a big score and the game makes you start over again.

I got the super in ninja multiball. Maybe I was missing something in the lil dp modes as I just ignored them and focused on completing the other stuff. Damn is Sauron tough. Left ramp, right ramp, colossus

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Houdini could have been a masterpiece very easily if it wasnt such a brickfest. The game is beautiful and the modes are really fun also seems like but the shots are just too tight. Some people may like that but most people dont.

I am going to have to probably agree with you. Unless you are a really good player. I watched a little of Bone playing during the stream yesterday late afternoon/early evening. I am probably not a good enough player. I don't like to cradle and shoot. I am more of a flow and shoot fast and reactionary player, playing off what the game gives me vs holding and shooting. Houdini would probably break my heart if I tired to change how I play just to play that particular machine. Everything else about the game looks wonderful, but I think speaking for myself I might be in over my head on Houdini for my style of play.

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I got the super in ninja multiball. Maybe I was missing something in the lil dp modes as I just ignored them and focused on completing the other stuff. Damn is Sauron tough. Left ramp, right ramp, colossus

yeah, Lil Deadpool is a multiball and you need to collect a super jackpot on it too.

The rules seem flat rather than deep. One strategy (which you followed) is to collect everything in one game, including 2x playfield multiplier and then Sinister. The modes and multiballs are intuitive to start. The art package is tight. Most people set the game up steep. In many ways the game is on par with Iron Man.

Do you think the game has legs to last in your collection?

#2687 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I am going to have to probably agree with you. Unless you are a really good player. I watched a little of Bone playing during the stream yesterday late afternoon/early evening. I am probably not a good enough player. I don;t like to cradle and shoot. I am more of a flow and shoot fast and reactionary player, playing off what the game gives me vs holding and shooting. Houdini would probably break my heart if I tired to change how I play just to play that particular machine. Everything else about the game looks wonderful, but I think speaking for myself I might be in over my head on Houdini for my style of play.

I have only played a few games on it and i actually liked the game and thought it was fun, but ive watched enough video on it to know that i wouldn't like the tight shots in the long run. Its one if the best looking games ive ever seen and it has awesome animations and the game seems to be built pretty well also as i havent heard of that many issues with them.

Im also leary about buying games from new companies because you're going to be screwed if you need parts down the road and they arent around. With that said though, they do seem like a company that is building a good product and they seem like they could be around for awhile.

#2688 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

yeah, Lil Deadpool is a multiball and you need to collect a super jackpot on it too.
The rules seem flat rather than deep. One strategy (which you followed) is to collect everything in one game, including 2x playfield multiplier and then Sinister. The modes and multiballs are intuitive to start. The art package is tight. Most people set the game up steep. In many ways the game is on par with Iron Man.

I bet no. Sounds like he already got through it all. Ready to play Mystique again JGentry?

#2689 5 years ago

Way too early to tell. Initially it's really fun but some games get old faster then others. There's plenty of code and overall I like the direction they took on the game. Ask me again in 8 weeks.

Quoted from ZMeny:

I bet no. Sounds like he already got through it all. Ready to play Mystique again JGentry?

That's going to be one of the big questions about the game. Are having 5 major modes enough or is it going to get old fast. I do love how you can setup the modes for success. If I play properly I only need 3-4 shots to beat each of the battle modes. So you can blaze through them.

Some of the code team has been reaching out to early owners and I recommend adding a side mode for colossus, wolverine, and domino. I love the disco modes and katanarama, etc so adding more of that I think could really help the game from getting stale. Maybe the side mode starts after 5 shots to each character? They also need to rework trex so it's more exciting.

#2690 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Way too early to tell. Initially it's really fun but some games get old faster then others. There's plenty of code and overall I like the direction they took on the game. Ask me again in 8 weeks.

That's going to be one of the big questions about the game. Are having 5 major modes enough or is it going to get old fast. I do love how you can setup the modes for success. If I play properly I only need 3-4 shots to beat each of the battle modes. So you can blaze through them.
Some of the code team has been reaching out to early owners and I recommend adding a side mode for colossus, wolverine, and domino. I love the disco modes and katanarama, etc so adding more of that I think could really help the game from getting stale. Maybe the side mode starts after 5 shots to each character? They also need to rework trex so it's more exciting.

After playing it a bit at Sunshine Laundry, I’d love to see them do something similar to how they expanded Star Trek by adding multiple levels to each battle. Another option would be to do something silly and after beating Sauron, you have the option to play zombie-fied versions of the battles again. It’d be kind of like the comic run of Deadpool where he fought undead presidents with super powers.

#2691 5 years ago

I have Hopes that Stern at the very least mimics the mode continuation option similar to how they did it in Batman 66 for Deadpool. Defeat the villain or continue the fight for additional scenes and bonus. With that at least they can extend the depth of the modes and somewhat minimize the redundancy. Just a hope...

#2692 5 years ago

It took about a year for BM66, SW, and recently GOTG to really flourish.
Fair review for now, but DP has barely shipped with enough code to run the shaker and we already have redundancy talk?

You guys are a tough crowd!

#2693 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

It took about a year for BM66, SW, and recently GOTG to really flourish.
You guys are a tough crowd!

That's what we do best

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As long as you're watching. That's all Nielsen cares about. Just like Howard Stern in the old days. The haters were the ones that listened the longest to his show - he didn't care. Ratings are ratings.

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They need a few truly secret modes. Ones that have such obscure requirements no one knows what's going on or how they got there for a while. Wouldn't overcome the playfield clunk, but it would add an element of exploration and adventure that the current framework does not have.

#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As long as you're watching. That's all Nielsen cares about. Just like Howard Stern in the old days. The haters were the ones that listened the longest to his show - he didn't care. Ratings are ratings.

I don't really watch Rachel Madcow Vireland lol. Mostly see clips of her meltdowns on Twitter and stuff. I haven't watched anything other than fox except maybe for a minute here or there. I don't watch much tv of any kind anymore truthfully. I bet i dont watch 5 hours a month of tv probably, dont have the time.

#2698 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:Deleted post

Yes Sir, i enjoy it sooo much! Words can't describe how much that i enjoy it, its orgasmic.

#2699 5 years ago

I watch Twitch gameplay whenever -
Dead_Flip - every few weeks

*Slaps the stream and talks in best car salesman voice*
This baby streams Monday -Friday!
How can I get you into this beauty of a stream more often!

#2700 5 years ago

Side note, ZMeny I’ll be at your expo seminar if you need a Vanna white for slide switching.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/54?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.