bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 125.
#2501 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love that in the past year The Hobbit continues to trend up in popularity. I’m not crazy after all these years! Yeah

Lol, yup. JJP putting out the huge 2.9 update really helped elevate the game to a new level. Looking forward to whatever 3.0 contains.

#2502 5 years ago

I played a very very nice original MB at the Cleveland show this past weekend and had a blast with it. Can’t wait for the remake.

#2503 5 years ago

This or that, Hobbit SE or MBr?

#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I’d get Hobbit because it’s way harder than MB. The theme integration is fantastic in both though.

#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Oooh that’s a good one

#2506 5 years ago

Zach - is pirates in the house yet? Now that I own DI and Hobbit I'm really feeling JJP recently. Considering Pirates is the fastest widebody I've ever played, it has me interested although I have a few concerns.

#2507 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Zach - is pirates in the house yet? Now that I own DI and Hobbit I'm really feeling JJP recently. Considering Pirates is the fastest widebody I've ever played, it has me interested although I have a few concerns.

Sigh, no signs of it yet...I just listed Deadpool to free up some money for it. Let’s just hope I don’t have to wait another month for it

#2508 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sigh, no signs of it yet...I just listed Deadpool to free up some money for it. Let’s just hope I don’t have to wait another month for it

Just saw your listing Zach, when is the SDTM Deadpool review coming? Looking forward to that one.

Edit: just saw your response in your FS thread, can’t wait for that to drop.

#2509 5 years ago

I may just have to expand the game room into the rest of the basement. Am I allowed to list couches and chairs on pinside?

#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I may just have to expand the game room into the rest of the basement. Am I allowed to list couches and chairs on pinside?

That’s a damn nice collection Andrew!

#2511 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That’s a damn nice collection Andrew!

Thanks! I definitely fell hard into the hobby. I bought the first one 10 months ago. They keep multiplying. Thankfully my wife likes to play as well.

#2512 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Thanks! I definitely fell hard into the hobby. I bought the first one 10 months ago. They keep multiplying. Thankfully my wife likes to play as well.

Wife into pinball is a huge plus

#2513 5 years ago

Deadpool review just showed up on YouTube and I’m at a Deadpool launch party what a great day!

83E9369F-CD44-48D3-A2B3-8DB42F8FF413 (resized).jpeg83E9369F-CD44-48D3-A2B3-8DB42F8FF413 (resized).jpeg
#2514 5 years ago

Your favorite neighborhood anti-hero has his own pinball machine! SDTM reviews Deadpool (Pro) by Stern Pinball in Episode 73.

#2515 5 years ago

Gomez strikes again with a clunky design.

Shots B- / C

"A good decent pin that I don't need to own."

Ouch.

#2516 5 years ago

Love the clip at the end, that's awesome!

#2517 5 years ago

Watching now...

#2518 5 years ago

I agree with layout, the right side isn't very rewarding and that Colossus shot is crazy. I had to double check the Colossus to make sure it was a horseshoe because I thought it might just be a stand up.

#2519 5 years ago

Thank you for another informative and entertaining review. I really enjoy my deadpool. On this title I think Premium/LE is the way to go. Can't wait for that review. Deadpool Pro is a good game. Code will no doubt make this game even better.

Thanks SDTM!

#2520 5 years ago

I couldnt agree more on your Comet pinball review.....their product is 10X others

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thank you for another informative and entertaining review. I really enjoy my deadpool. On this title I think Premium/LE is the way to go. Can't wait for that review. Deadpool Pro is a good game. Code will no doubt make this game even better.
Thanks SDTM!

Definitely another good machine from Stern

#2522 5 years ago

Yep just played DP at the launch party. Pretty game with a cool katana shot when you make it. But overall a really clunky game, the little deadpool toy is a big waste of space, not fun or interesting. It’s a nice location game to visit once in a while, but nothing i will own.

#2523 5 years ago

Oh boy, it’s arrived - the coveted DP review. Listening to it now because I’m aboot living in the present.

The shirt looks great i’ll be ordering one, possibly two. Can we get some different shirt colors that aren’t black? I liked both your shirts n episode 73 - whatever shades of blue and grey. Would that be possible, at least for preorders? 90% of Pinball shirts come in black, SDTM swings the other way. Oh my!

Any truth to the rumor Deadpool shared that you are professional cock goblins? that was the funniest shit Ive heard all day, I laughed nonstop for the three minutes. ...maybe add that to the back of the shirt. ... or how about adding another one on the top row.. We are as biased as we can be.

#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Yep just played DP at the launch party. Pretty game with a cool katana shot when you make it. But overall a really clunky game, the little deadpool toy is a big waste of space, not fun or interesting. It’s a nice location game to visit once in a while, but nothing i will own.

Agreed.

#2525 5 years ago

You guys were too generous for my taste. The soundtrack may be all original but it has none of style or feeling of Deadpool. I know it’s not a movie theme but the movies set the bar for soundtrack and this does not measure up. Zachs Deadpool impression in this episode is more accurate than anything in the pin. The colossus shot is unforgivable, the theme is an A+ but Sterns implementation is a D. This one is a big disappoint.

P.S. Thanks for the shout out

#2526 5 years ago

Great Vid!

Like the new shirt also. Supporter of you guys from the start.

Some feedback if you want it...I think you should atleast talk about the prem/le’s on your pro reviews. Leaves the pro vid unfinished and will the prem/le reviews stand on their own?
Sure you guys are going to knock it out as usual. This is simply what i felt.

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Oh boy, it’s arrived - the coveted DP review. Listening to it now because I’m aboot living in the present.
The shirt looks great i’ll be ordering one, possibly two. Can we get some different shirt colors that aren’t black. I liked both your shirt in episode 73. Would that be possible, at least for preorders? 90% of Pinball shirts come in black, SDTM swings the other way. Oh my!
Any truth to the rumor Deadpool shared that you are professional cockgobblins? that was the funniest thing Ive heard all day, I laughed nonstop for the three minutes. ...add that one to the back of the shirt. ... or how about adding another to top row.. We are as biased as we can be.

Thanks Jeff! Super appreciate it!

Quoted from Darscot:

You guys were to generous for my taste. The soundtrack my be all original but it has none of style or feeling of Deadpool. I know it’s not a movie theme but the movies set the bar for soundtrack and this does not measure up. Zachs Deadpool impression in this episode is more accurate than anything in the pin. The colossus shot is unforgivable, the theme is an A+ but Sterns implementation is a D. This one is a big disappoint.
P.S. Thanks for the shout out

Ha ha zach did do a hell of a job!

Quoted from tbutler6:

Great Vid!
Like the new shirt also. Supporter of you guys from the start.
Some feedback if you want it...I think you should atleast talk about the prem/le’s on your pro reviews. Leaves the pro vid unfinished and will the prem/le reviews stand on their own?
Sure you guys are going to knock it out as usual. This is simply what i felt.

Really good point! Zach sprung the pro thing on me during filming! I’ll talk with him and see what he has in mind! Thanks for watching through all these episodes ha ha!

#2528 5 years ago

This was another great episode. I haven’t played DP yet but I’ve seen basically every stream out there. I want to love this game. It’s freakin Deadpool dammit. It could be epic fun, but none of the play I’ve seen has wowed me. Just hasn’t drawn me in.

With Maiden, it was a no brainer. I wanted it from Day 1, not even being a big Maiden fan. I bought it at tg Allentown show. I play it every damn day.

It just shows you that a well thought out layout is greater than toys and gimmicks. #Go(mez)Away

#2529 5 years ago

Spot on with that colaseus shot. I had to check the machine a few times bc the shot would never hit

I did well with the kitana shot though it was smooth on mine. I think the machine needs to be perfect though as it didn't work well on another.

#2530 5 years ago

Great video guys. You seem to really have fun making these videos. Zach, I enjoyed your Deadpool 4th wall clips. Another enjoyable and entertaining video

F5D7A61D-7CC1-47E5-B274-8BC8DFEA71E5 (resized).jpegF5D7A61D-7CC1-47E5-B274-8BC8DFEA71E5 (resized).jpeg
#2531 5 years ago

GREAT review "cock gobblers"

Bottom line, comic book Deadpool blows. Ryan Reynolds DP film pin with nasty shit works, this don't.

Is it Lyman? Nope.

Just a "filler game" before Munsters.

#2532 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Great video guys. You seem to really have fun making these videos. Zach, I enjoyed your Deadpool 4th wall clips. Another enjoyable and entertaining video[quoted image]

This is the best

#2533 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GREAT review "cock gobblers"
Bottom line, comic book Deadpool blows. Ryan Reynolds DP film pin with nasty shit works, this don't.
Is it Lyman? Nope.
Just a "filler game" before Munsters.

Hell of a filler machine and in top 10 (I am sure this will level out a bit as it is early). Also, early in the code release at v0.84 - it will get much better over next few months. Hopefully they add a bit more off beat humor in upcoming releases.

I am sure Munsters will release the same way with incomplete code, but good enough to play. Then it will get better over time as well.

#2534 5 years ago

Damn cock gobblers!(I actually lol not the fake one!) Had to rick roll us? Classic! The game is like bad pizza it's pretty good. I'll give it a D cause it just doesn't seem like deadpool to me. The art is A...then I saw the rest. A LCD with crappy graphics? A cheap ass toy bobbling around? The sword lock is good...really good! Ok have said to much. I'm a one liner guy.

#2535 5 years ago

Nice review, nobody can say you guys are shills nor was it overly mean or critical, this is what an objective review should be like. This is probably the best review you guys have done to date, it was so informative and the best part was when you two describe the payoff/satisfaction quotient of certain shots. This kind of thing makes us (the audience) relate to the review or thought process a little more. After all, playing a game is still very subjective. Props to you both you man, you guys are really getting good at this......and it only took 73 tries.

PS: love the cut scenes with DP...

PPS: Greg, the thing you were struggling to name, the "It Factor" or whatever that was missing IMO is theme integration....maybe you guys need to rename the "Theme" category to "Theme Integration" instead. In any case it kind of ties into what you were saying, is this a generic comic book pin or a DP comic book pin? Do you feel it's catching the vibe of DP when playing it? I hate to say it but it's the World under glass thing. It just didn't capture the essence of DP, for comparison use WOZ.

#2536 5 years ago

I think Zach or Greg said it best that this machine is for Family Fun Centers and will KILL on location. Stern has done a pretty good job with mixing it up:

IMDN: for players
DP: for Arcades, younger crowd
Munsters: for 65+ old men.

#2537 5 years ago

Great review guys! I still say premium is the way to go on this pinball.

#2538 5 years ago

Agree, my 13 yo son and his friends love it, pulled them away from Iron Maiden.

Appealing to a younger crowd is a great strategy to bring new people into the hobby. My son is playing more pinball and less fortnite since we got Deadpool. He's trying other games too. It's quite a feat to pull kids from fortnite. He still plays more fortnite overall, but the balance has shifted. Deadpool is a fairly simple and easy to understand game, and that helps the appeal I think

Quoted from Rondogg:

I think Zach or Greg said it best that this machine is for Family Fun Centers and will KILL on location. Stern has done a pretty good job with mixing it up:
IMDN: for players
DP: for Arcades, younger crowd
Munsters: for 65+ old men.

I think their review was very fair, I'd personally rate it a B-. I do hope stacking is better enabled so that Lil dp doesnt shut down ability to start battle modes.

#2539 5 years ago

#mylarup-Flippin Hilarious!

I have become a pinsnob and like my shooter lane's nice and clean.

Can I now tell that joke-" I like my women , like I like my pinball-they need to play tight and have nice shooter lanes."

Great job with review as always. You guys are funny as hell and make a great duo doing podcast.

#2540 5 years ago

The game is a real looker. Those plastics are awesome. ZY really does amazing stuff with something so simple as a plastic set.

#2541 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nice review, nobody can say you guys are shills nor was it overly mean or critical, this is what an objective review should be like. This is probably the best review you guys have done to date, it was so informative and the best part was when you guys describe the payoff/satisfaction quotient of certain shots to you as individuals. This kind of thing makes us (the audience) relate to your review/thinking a little more, after all playing a game is still very subjective. Props to you both you man, you guys are really getting good at this......and it only took 73 tries.
PPS: Greg, the thing you were struggling to name, the "It Factor" or whatever that was missing IMO is theme integration....maybe you guys need to rename the "Theme" category to "Theme Integration" instead. In any case it kind of ties into what you were saying, is this a generic comic book pin or a DP comic book pin? Do you feel it's catching the vibe of DP when playing it? I hate to say it but it's the World under glass thing. It just didn't capture the essence of DP, for comparison use WOZ.

Now that’s high praise and VERY much appreciated. We try to integrate user feedback while still staying true to who we are. Thanks again kvan.

Quoted from Lermods:

Agree, my 13 yo son and his friends love it, pulled them away from Iron Maiden.
Appealing to a younger crowd is a great strategy to bring new people into the hobby. My son is playing more pinball and less fortnite since we got Deadpool. He's trying other games too. It's quite a feat to pull kids from fortnite. He still plays more fortnite overall, but the balance has shifted. Deadpool is a fairly simple and easy to understand game, and that helps the appeal I think

Less fornite is always a good thing now if only my son would follow suite.

#2542 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nice review, nobody can say you guys are shills nor was it overly mean or critical, this is what an objective review should be like. This is probably the best review you guys have done to date, it was so informative and the best part was when you guys describe the payoff/satisfaction quotient of certain shots to you as individuals. This kind of thing makes us (the audience) relate to your review/thinking a little more, after all playing a game is still very subjective. Props to you both you man, you guys are really getting good at this......and it only took 73 tries.

Agree with the “theme integration” scoring vs “theme”. Learning Zach hates Maiden (the band) is not as useful to me (who loves Maiden) as knowing how well the theme is integrated into the game. Nobody can say that IMDN isn’t an A+ on theme integration with the comic. But for fans of the band itself it’s more like B+.

Anyway, good review on DP agree it will be a killer location game.

#2543 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The game is a real looker. Those plastics are awesome. ZY really does amazing stuff with something so simple as a plastic set.

Yeah and something pro machine has that you don’t get on prem/LE, deadpool swinging in a hammock

#2544 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah and something pro machine has that you don’t get on prem/LE, deadpool swinging in a hammock

You get it. It's just in the coin box

#2545 5 years ago

Great show SDTM crew and the additions of wall break commentary were probably an editing nightmare the result was priceless. So many laughs to make an ordinary review fresh and fun. Also like the extended and detailed game walk through with explanation of shots and strategy. Really helpful and done with a newb like me in mind. Hope you continue this walk through strategy especially when POTC arrives. Our DP LE arrives Monday so if you and Greg need a stop off local to Expo to beat on an LE our doors are open free beverages, pizza, and Chicago style (no Ketchup) dogs. Great show as always, play safe #MylarUp!

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great show SDTM crew and the additions of wall break commentary were probably an editing nightmare the result was priceless. So many laughs to make an ordinary review fresh and fun. Also like the extended and detailed game walk through with explanation of shots and strategy. Really helpful and done with a newb like me in mind. Hope you continue this walk through strategy especially when POTC arrives. Our DP LE arrives Monday so if you and Greg need a stop off local to Expo to beat on an LE our doors are open free beverages, pizza, and Chicago style (no Ketchup) dogs. Great show as always, play safe #MylarUp!

Love all of this and Greg and I may take you up on that my friend. And always Mylar Up, you don’t know where that pin’s been! Haha

#2547 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hell of a filler machine and in top 10....

There you have it, nothing more concrete than the Pinside top 100!

#2548 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Love all of this and Greg and I may take you up on that my friend. And always Mylar Up, you don’t know where that pin’s been! Haha

True that! We always MylarUp and bulb condoms for added protection. Thanks to #FlippenLarry games are rolling in at a blistering pace. Love that man! POTC LE should also be here. Not to mention our newest arrival #HEP TZ masterpiece! Good food, great wine, and the smell of NIB cologne in the air doors always open.

#2549 5 years ago

Nice job guys - loved the DP outfit and shtick!

#2550 5 years ago

ABM is a tried and true pinball strategy. One of my Granny Slutpuppy’s favorite sayings was, “Always by Mylaring”. She also used to swear by another one “Protect the shooter lane before the balls come out”. Dear old German lady that she was, I remember her whispering into Grandpa’s ear, “come here big boy, I wanna vuk you all night long.”

CF628740-DEA0-4743-A7ED-972CD1E602A6 (resized).jpegCF628740-DEA0-4743-A7ED-972CD1E602A6 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/51?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.