bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 125.
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm in for 1000, but he's got to place it like a tramp stamp.

Oh damn! That’s rough

#2452 5 years ago

I think we need to hire a tattoo artist to come and do it in front of the SDTM seminar crowd at Pinball Expo in October.

#2453 5 years ago

Bit of a mellow episode was kinda just background while I was working, then Greg drops the T1000 bomb and I almost choked myself to death trying not to laugh!

#2454 5 years ago

I didn't unsubscribe Zach no way. I gotta keep you on your toes so you don't make any more bad reviews!

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Bit of a mellow episode was kinda just background while I was working, then Greg drops the T1000 bomb and I almost choked myself to death trying not to laugh!

Ha ha you’ll never watch T2 the same way ever again!

#2456 5 years ago

OK - We need a gofundme for bone... 5k for a signed Gomez profile tattooed on his ass...

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

OK - We need a gofundme for bone... 5k for a signed Gomez profile tattooed on his ass...

Set it up and I'll donate to it!

#2458 5 years ago

Great show no surprise. Awesome. This or That show consideration. How about a more aggressive spin segment of that show with a F#$@, Marry, Kill themed for pinball: (similar to the Stern show)

F#%@ = Play and flip
Marry = Must keep in collection
Kill = Hauled to curb and smashed

You Must pick one for each category!
CV - Houdini - SWpre
TNA - Deadpool - CFTBL
POTCjjp - DI - IJ

#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great show no surprise. Awesome. This or That show consideration. How about a more aggressive spin segment of that show with a F#$@, Marry, Kill themed for pinball: (similar to the Stern show)
F#%@ = Play and flip
CV - Houdini - SWpre
TNA - Deadpool - CFTBL
POTCjjp - DI - IJ

I’m loving that

#2460 5 years ago

Shrimp!?! WTF!!!!!

Ha! Great episode, although I totally disagree and would (and have) chosen WOZ over IMDN. Hobbit beats Houdini. And I would take Color DMD over Pinstadium lights on a DMD game (obviously other games do not apply). Kinda disappointed in my Pinstadium purchase. It does help with WOZ, but twice I've forgotten to remove them when lifting the playfield and ripped them off. =

#2461 5 years ago

Haha listened to ep 72 and found the last segment (boxers v briefs) to have redeeming value .... "two flap system is needed to keep something from coming out the door". Once again, Greg proves to be the voice of reason.

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

F#%@ = Play and flip
CV - Houdini - SWpre
TNA - Deadpool - CFTBL
POTCjjp - DI - IJ

Ah, a Step Brother interview type of game...

#2463 5 years ago

"This or that, Houdini or The Hobbit"

Greg "Both"
Zach "Both"

68a7b3a700ba605b3c73969246ac6537 (resized).jpg68a7b3a700ba605b3c73969246ac6537 (resized).jpg
#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Greg "Both"
Zach "Both"[quoted image]

Instead of both - perhaps flip a coin if they are that close. Or just go with Hobbit - that is the right answer.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am talking about - I haven't played Houdini....

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Instead of both - perhaps flip a coin if they are that close. Or just go with Hobbit - that is the right answer.
Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am talking about - I haven't played Houdini....

Agreed not even a Question if you've played both. Hobbit wins in Every category. For me I would take a Hobbit over Houdini and 2K plus a back rub.

#2466 5 years ago

I have never heard you guys discuss either of these 2 games on your show. Throw this one onto your "this or that" for next time.

Indianapolis 500
Vs
Dirty Harry

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Shrimp!?! WTF!!!!!
Ha! Great episode, although I totally disagree and would (and have) chosen WOZ over IMDN. Hobbit beats Houdini. And I would take Color DMD over Pinstadium lights on a DMD game (obviously other games do not apply). Kinda disappointed in my Pinstadium purchase. It does help with WOZ, but twice I've forgotten to remove them when lifting the playfield and ripped them off. =

Ha ha Tom you know we love you!
I forget every now and then to remove my sets! Hasn’t seemed to hurt them though!

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I have never heard you guys discuss either of these 2 games on your show. Throw this one onto your "this or that" for next time.
Indianapolis 500
Vs
Dirty Harry

Nice! I need to find an Indy to put some time on. Haven’t played it much. Played DH quit a bit!

Quoted from Goronic:

From now on a coin toss if that ever happens again!

Quoted from jgentry:

Greg "Both"

Ha ha one of my favorite memes!

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Greg "Both"

The boys give their opinion and we can criticize. Picking both is not an answer. Sure it’s just an exercise and is totally subjective - maybe it is a comparison that takes a little time to consider. So which do they choose now, for the record?

Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed not even a Question if you've played both. Hobbit wins in Every category. For me I would take a Hobbit over Houdini and 2K plus a back rub.

It is a much closer call than you’ve led us to believe - I’d pick Houdini. They are so different from one another, it is almost impossible to compare them. Both are great. These might be two of the top five games with the best theme integration ever. Both are packed with features and fun. Might be a toss up and make for an interesting new poll.

I’d trade a Hobbit for Houdini + $2k + happy ending

#2470 5 years ago

I find myself conflicted lately. I’m saving for my next pin purchase and TNA calls me, but I keep coming back to is it worth $6k. Or will a newer Stern provide more depth and fun at a cheaper price?

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I find myself conflicted lately. I’m saving for my next pin purchase and TNA calls me, but I keep coming back to is it worth $6k. Or will a newer Stern provide more depth and fun at a cheaper price?

I like TNA but not enough to play it regularly. I don’t think it is as good a pick for a small collection like yours. Maybe if you have six or seven pins, then yeah.

Now if you can find one for $5k it changes the dynamics, imo. I’d rationalize that if price is right, you could buy and play the game without much downside. See if you still love it or want to sell it a year down the road, with no loss. This strategy limits you to buying a HUO game and being the 2nd or third owner. With Munsters, Monster Bash, ACNC and Houdini shipping, some barely used ACNC will pop up. Whether it matches your price threshold, that is your true consideration.

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Get IMDN and don't look back!

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I’m saving for my next pin purchase and TNA calls me, but I keep coming back to is it worth $6k. Or will a newer Stern provide more depth and fun at a cheaper price?

A lot of newer games out there can offer both under 6k.

BTW- Ep 72, one of the best shows yet.
Very funny when the albino one lightens up a bit.

#2474 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It's worth It! Trust me

#2475 5 years ago

2k viewers guys!!!! congrats!

I love this or that episodes. Some really good ones here. Boxer briefs ftw....

a lot of talk about this hobbit vs houdini one. For me, it's really simple considering the latter is absolutely terrible. Hobbit all day long fellas. Regardless of the choice, if you're doing a this or that, you need to pick one. Otherwise, what's the point. We can't have this "both" nonsense.

Color DMD vs pinstadiums was another good one. Color DMD all day long but I now have 3 pinstadiums and they do make a big difference on those older games but I only really play DMD games so color is a must.

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

a lot of talk about this hobbit vs houdini one. For me, it's really simple considering the latter is absolutely terrible. Hobbit all day long fellas. Regardless of the choice, if you're doing a this or that, you need to pick one. Otherwise, what's the point. We can't have this "both" nonsense.
Color DMD vs pinstadiums was another good one. Color DMD all day long but I now have 3 pinstadiums and they do make a big difference on those older games but I only really play DMD games so color is a must.

I love that in the past year The Hobbit continues to trend up in popularity. I’m not crazy after all these years! Yeah

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Ha ha is it worth a pro? I’m going to pressure Garry at expo. Tell him it’s great marketing!

Quoted from delt31:

Thank you sir! 2k is is kinda where we set our goal after we realized the show worked! No time time to surpass all the others.....well Pinball atleast! We’ll never touch TNT! Lol

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love that in the past year The Hobbit continues to trend up in popularity. I’m not crazy after all these years! Yeah

I remember you were one of the first championing it. Thought you were crazy. You were right all along.

Only Houdini remains as our biggest difference..... Oh and TAF is great too.... And Indiana Jones is the best looking pin but damn it.... And I have to say it..... The pin lacks in the shots and layout. Something about it just isn't that fun. I've tried twice now bc I want to say it's the best pin.... It's just not that fun to shoot... It's good don't get me wrong but it's just not a classic shooter. It's a classic everything else

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I remember you were one of the first championing it. Thought you were crazy. You were right all along.
Only Houdini remains as our biggest difference..... Oh and TAF is great too.... And Indiana Jones is the best looking pin but damn it.... And I have to say it..... The pin lacks in the shots and layout. Something about it just isn't that fun. I've tried twice now bc I want to say it's the best pin.... It's just not that fun to shoot... It's good don't get me wrong but it's just not a classic shooter. It's a classic everything else

Well, I’ll find out soon enough if I agree with you. I didn’t find Houdini fun. Great looking, lots of toys, but it just didn’t keep me coming back for more.

#2480 5 years ago

Where in the hell are the STDM guys at CLEPIN? I wanted to say hello!! Grrrrrrr...

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Where in the hell are the STDM guys at CLEPIN? I wanted to say hello!! Grrrrrrr...

I’m here. Hit me up. 859-816-2783.

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

7hr haul is a bit much when we have Chicago Expo around the corner. I’m stuck at home editing SDTM videos and Twip podcast. Grrrrr

#2483 5 years ago

I thought I heard you say you guys were coming. And CW I knew you were here we played one of your machines earlier!!

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I thought I heard you say you guys were coming. And CW I knew you were here we played one of your machines earlier!!

We would love to make every show, but money spent = angry wives. We choose our battles haha

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We would love to make every show, but money spent = angry wives. We choose our battles haha

For once Zach is right about something!

#2486 5 years ago

ZMeny and Hollywoodbone -

Here are a few ideas for the show:

Assuming a collection of 5-10 (you guys pick), best pin to have for non-pinhead guests?

I’ve been keeping WOZ around because it attracts just about everyone, but I generally suggest my guests start with MMR or AFMR, and avoid SW and TNA.

Also, how about top 3 must have arcade/collection accessories? Not ColorDMD vs pinstadium like you just covered, but rather lift tables, cleaning supplies, stair climbers, etc.

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

zmeny and hollywoodbone -
Here are a few ideas for the show:
Assuming a collection of 5-10 (you guys pick), best pin to have for non-pinhead guests?
I’ve been keeping WOZ around because it attracts just about everyone, but I generally suggest my guests start with MMR or AFMR, and avoid SW and TNA.
Also, how about top 3 must have arcade/collection accessories? Not ColorDMD vs pinstadium like you just covered, but rather lift tables, cleaning supplies, stair climbers, etc.

I like that! Would make for some good specials!

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I like that! Would make for some good specials!

Still waiting for a ruling or a clarification on the “both” call for Houdini vs Hobbit. It is a good comparison and I am not ready to move on. How about bringing it up again on your next show? It is unresolved old business in my book.

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Still waiting for a ruling or a clarification on the “both” call for Houdini vs Hobbit. It is a good comparison and I am not ready to move on. How about bringing it up again on your next show? It is unresolved old business in my book.

Checkout this Monday’s This Week In Pinball Podcast for further details.

#2490 5 years ago

Finally got to play TNA at Vancouver Flipout, I get the hype for such a simple machine it has an X factor. It’s just a blast to play. Deadpool was very meh it’s missing that X factor and was pretty clunky for my taste, I was getting lots of rejection. Pirates was epic, spinner didn’t have much impact game is still incredible! Thunderbirds was surprising, once you get past the weird flipper buttons it’s not terrible. I wouldn’t buy one and the theme is a dog but as a company if they can get a couple of pins under their belt they could have potential.

#2491 5 years ago

You can only pick 2 out of 3 (this and this or that):

MMR
AFMR
MBR

Curve ball:

Already have MMR and AFMR (LE). Would you sell one to acquire MBR?

Andrew

#2492 5 years ago

I would definitely sell one to get mbr as it plays differently.

I would sell mmr.

Afmr
Mbr

I'm keeping a close eye on mbr...

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

MMR
AFMR
MBR
Curve ball:
Andrew

I’d go afmrle and mbrle personally.

#2494 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

MMR
AFMR
MBR
Curve ball:
Andrew

I’d leave out MMR too. I’ve played that game enough for ten life times. Haha

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’d go afmrle and mbrle personally.

How can someone that loves their toys go afm over MM?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d leave out MMR too. I’ve played that game enough for ten life times. Haha

Most of us have, but if you were starting from scratch and never played any of them what would you choose?

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Most of us have, but if you were starting from scratch and never played any of them what would you choose?

So I would be basing my decision solely on theme and how the game looks. I think I would still go MB and AFM.

#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This is me - I didn't grow up playing AFM or MM. This year was basically the first time I played them for real and I prefer AFM. MM is def a good game though.

#2498 5 years ago

I enjoy playing both. AFM probably has a little better code and tighter shots. MM has better toys and more of a wow factor. I own both but if one had to go I'd probably keep MM. It gets played a lot more by my wife and when we have people over it is always the most played game. I don't play either of them a ton anymore because I've played each a lot over the years.

#2499 5 years ago

Because AFM may be one of the best layouts and best shots ever

#2500 5 years ago

I agree, but it's pretty much a tightened up MM. Both great games so it's pretty much splitting hairs. Both are blast to play from time to time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/50?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.