bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 125.
#2401 5 years ago

Team Greg ... thinking ahead to when you get to the timed trial portion of your Munsters pinball opening party ...

.... come dressed as Herman while (Zach must be dressed as Lily and be one of your pit crew ... (maybe this will occur near Halloween so it won't look so weird) One kid can come dressed as Eddy and also be a pit crew. Job of 2 man pit crew (Zach and kid, hehe) .... is their steadfast commitment to the credence -> every good pit crew member always carries the correct socket wrench.

As soon as Greg opens box (hints later) pit crew pull it away and rush in to find legs and bolts. They secure top legs and bolts. Greg tilts game down on front legs, and in ninja like fashion, lifts the back end of the game (while in his Herman boots, hehe). Pit crew adds set of back legs and bolts. Then Greg opens glass and completes (INSIDE stuff), while pit crew cleans up and removes packing material. Greg plunges and plays a test ball. If not ok he fixes, if ok - he returns glass and adds lockdown bar. The script is written, now we need a couple of lugs from the Midwest, one kid - and 2 1/2 - performance-of-a-lifetimes.)

Greg, we expect green face paint, a Herman inspired wardrobe and big ass boots. Tape all at 1/2 speed to be played later at 2x speed on user's normal setting. Then score afterwards with your favorite monster track. Of course you'll stomp Zach's record by so much it will be ridiculousness!

hints <to save 45 sec> add 2-man pit crew and <to save 30 sec> Open and fold top flaps, cut all four sides around bottom of box and make a three sided opening on the trucking side of box. Have pit crew cart box away, bro.

#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Team Greg ... thinking ahead to when you get to the timed trial portion of your Munsters pinball opening party ...
.... come dressed as Herman while (Zach must be dressed as Lily and be one of your pit crew ... (maybe this will occur near Halloween so it won't look so weird) One kid can come dressed as Eddy and also be a pit crew. Job of 2 man pit crew (Zach and kid, hehe) .... is their steadfast commitment to the credence -&gt; every good pit crew member always carries the correct socket wrench.
As soon as Greg opens box (hints later) pit crew pull it away and rush in to find legs and bolts. They secure top legs and bolts. Greg tilts game down on front legs, and in ninja like fashion, lifts the back end of the game (while in his Herman boots, hehe). Pit crew adds set of back legs and bolts. Then Greg opens glass and completes (INSIDE stuff), while pit crew cleans up and removes packing material. Greg plunges and plays a test ball. If not ok he fixes, if ok - he returns glass and adds lockdown bar. The script is written, now we need a couple of lugs from the Midwest, one kid - and 2 1/2 - performance-of-a-lifetimes.)

Greg, we expect green face paint, a Herman inspired wardrobe and big ass boots. Tape all at 1/2 speed to be played later at 2x speed on user's normal setting. Then score afterwards with your favorite monster track. Of course you'll stomp Zach's record by so much it will be ridiculousness!

hints &lt;to save 45 sec&gt; add 2-man pit crew and &lt;to save 30 sec&gt; (assumes top flaps can be folded backwards) cut all four sides around bottom of box and make a three sided opening on the trucking side of box. Have pit crew cart box away, bro.

Ha ha jeff you worry me! That’s some detailed shit.....but I may be able to make it work!

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got to play Deadpool tonight. Love the shots. Back to back unique games with this and Maiden. The lock sword shot is tough but so satisfying when you hit it right. And you have to hit it just right.
Even though I didn’t get too much into it, really liked how it was setup. Can’t wait to play some more.

I have found the sword shot tough too, but it is doable. I have found I get one or two balls locked per game. Getting a third one is tough, but have gotten into Ninja multiball a few times.

#2404 5 years ago

So I'm on the road picking up a game and listening to Zach and jack danger on twip podcast.... Really enjoying it but I just heard Zach say he "cusses". He said it multiple times..... Starting to irk me a little.

Maybe it's a north vs south thing but I say curse.....

So are you team curse or team cuss? Someone get a poll up!

I guess if you're the latter you're fine with sounding like a 90 year old Grandma from Georgia ... Haha

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Cuss dude. Get outta here with curse.

Now, some that other hillbillies around these parts say is Warsh instead of wash. Those people are insane and I do not associate with them. Haha

And yeah y’all is a thing.

#2406 5 years ago

So you would say FUC.... is a "cuss" word?

Crazy world we live in.....

#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So you would say FUC.... is a "cuss" word?
Crazyy world we live in.....

Yep. Travel west of PA and everyone says it. Haha

But honestly not sure geography has anything to do with it. And what about swear? Some people say swear words.

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Travel west of PA and everyone says it. Haha
But honestly not sure geography has anything to do with it. And what about swear? Some people say swear words.

I'm kind of half joking.....I know people do around the country (mostly South and Central) but it still catches me by surprise. I wonder how many people say it one way or the other....

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm kind of half joking.....I know people do around the country (mostly South and Central) but it still catches me by surprise. I wonder how many people say it one way or the other....

Pretty sure I use all three.

#2410 5 years ago

It's like those northerners calling a coke a pop, they are all cokes down here.

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Soft drinks for me haha.

#2412 5 years ago

No true northerner would ever call soda pop. I now live in an area where people say pop! I just find it funny when a grown man says can I have a pop.

No one in New York would call it pop. They would be found in the Hudson

#2413 5 years ago

Acceptable = coke or soft drink
Borderline = soda
Unacceptable = pop

#2414 5 years ago

I'm 75% there..... Coke is a companies product. Like calling tissues Kleenex. But I'm ultimately with you!

#2415 5 years ago

What's really bizarre is when I here this

"I'd like a coke"
"What kind?"
"Do you have Pepsi?"

#2416 5 years ago

Haha! Now that's a whole new level.

#2417 5 years ago

The Coke thing drives me absolutely bonkers.

#2418 5 years ago

One last one. Rollerblades or inline skates?

#2419 5 years ago

Hypocritical but I go roller blades

#2420 5 years ago

Do you wear a toboggan or do you ride one?

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

The Coke thing drives me absolutely bonkers.

Enjoy your pop then

And its nuts down here, no one goes bonkers

#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Acceptable = coke or soft drink
Borderline = soda
Unacceptable = pop

Lol guilty as charged! Pop

#2423 5 years ago

Roller blades and in Inline skates are two different things. Blades are typically plastic with a break and people tend to use them to cruise around. Inline skates are exactly like hockey skates and they turn on a dime, no break you turn to stop.

You ride a toboggan, I have never heard an article of clothing called that?

#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Roller blades and in Inline skates are two different things

Right but everyone calls both of them rollerblades. The product of excellent marketing.

#2425 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Roller blades and in Inline skates are two different things. Blades are typically plastic with a break and people tend to use them to cruise around. Inline skates are exactly like hockey skates and they turn on a dime, no break you turn to stop.
You ride a toboggan, I have never heard an article of clothing called that?

Once you get south of the Ohio river you wear one on your head in winter. I believe it's called a beanie up there.

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right but everyone calls both of them rollerblades. The product of excellent marketing.

Weird, for us Canucks everyone uses the right term. Then again rollerblades are kinda for tourists or casuals. Any kid that can skate wouldn’t be caught dead in rollerblades or use the term.

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Once you get south of the Ohio river you wear one on your head in winter. I believe it's called a beanie up there.

Oh, yeah it’s a toque up here, the term beanie would mark you as not from here.

#2428 5 years ago

A lot of good This Or Thats from this discussion thanks fellas

#2429 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I thought cokes were called dopes or sodas in Tennessee. ...or maybe thats Texas? Anyway we say pop in Ohio as a general term for all flavors or brands of soda but if im at a restaurant i will say "I'll take a coke meaning coca cola and if they have Pepsi products the waitress will say .....is Pepsi ok instead?

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm on the road picking up a game and listening to Zach and jack danger on twip podcast.... Really enjoying it but I just heard Zach say he "cusses". He said it multiple times..... Starting to irk me a little.
Maybe it's a north vs south thing but I say curse.....
I guess if you're the latter you're fine with sounding like a 90 year old Grandma from Georgia ... Haha

We cuss in Ohio and we cuss A LOT!!

#2431 5 years ago
2012-11-09-Screenshot20121109at3.05.00PM (resized).png2012-11-09-Screenshot20121109at3.05.00PM (resized).png
#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought cokes were called dopes or sodas in Tennessee. ...or maybe thats Texas? Anyway we say pop in Ohio as a general term for all flavors or brands of soda but if im at a restaurant i will say "I'll take a coke meaning coca cola and if they have Pepsi products the waitress will say .....is Pepsi ok instead?

Better be careful, Delt will put you in the Hudson.

It's pretty weird how different regional dialects can be of the same language. It's even weirder that we understand what the others mean and are sure it's wrong lol.

#2433 5 years ago

I moved from the northwest part of Iowa to the southwest portion as a kid. I learned different ways to say Roof, Root and Creek. Also learned that the extra words added in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer did not jive with my previous learning. Either place though was always Pop.

#2434 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's pretty weird how different regional dialects can be of the same language. It's even weirder that we understand what the others mean and are sure it's wrong lol.

Very true, gotta watch out for delt! So are you calling all different kinds of pop cokes or just coca cola? I mean do you call orange crush and Mountain Dew a coke also?

#2435 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very true, gotta watch out for delt! So are you calling all different kinds of pop cokes or just coca cola? I mean do you call orange crush and Mountain Dew a coke also?

Yes, most people call all of them cokes in this area. Nashville has a ton on transplants so it's not as common there as it is rural areas.

#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Haha if who-dey lived in NY then yes but I strongly doubt he ever will!

#2437 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yes, most people call all of them cokes in this area. Nashville has a ton on transplants so it's not as common there as it is rural areas.

Coming from the midwest, it is hard to understand the coke thing! It feels like that would be similar to going to a mexican restaurant and asking for a taco. Waitress says what kind and then you go, I'll take a chicken burrito please.

That said, looking at the map above... I have no idea what is going on in Alaska!

#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Coming from the midwest, it is hard to understand the coke thing! It feels like that would be similar to going to a mexican restaurant and asking for a taco. Waitress says what kind and then you go, I'll take a chicken burrito please.
That said, looking at the map above... I have no idea what is going on in Alaska!

A whole lot of meth

#2439 5 years ago

Tube socks, tighty whities and a headband would be the only thing that could have made that video better!

Oh wait, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tube socks, tighty whities and a headband would be the only thing that could have made that video better!
Oh wait, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

You have a very sick imagination........

#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You have a very sick imagination........

Ha ha it is a scary thought!
On a side note I put my hands on DP today for the first time! Playing it the rest of the week! This review.....

#2442 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha it is a scary thought!
On a side note I put my hands on DP today for the first time! Playing it the rest of the week! This review.....

The Bone fantasizes about that

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If you go true north we call them all "soda". A coke is a coke, and a pop isn't a real thing.

#2444 5 years ago

Fresh new SDTM Episode! Greg and Zach make some tough choices this week and laugh about viewer submissions.

Remember to submit your This Or That for the SDTM guys. Pinball or non-pinball, they will answer all.

SDTM Episode 72: This Or That?

#2445 5 years ago

Great show as usual guys!

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Great show as usual guys!

Thanks Eric! It was a fun one!

#2447 5 years ago

Who’s up for a sweet ass Gomez signature on Greg’s bum?!

#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Soon!!!! I’m holding out to see if that Munsters happens!

it is, be patient grasshopper!

#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yes, if it is a tat and it involves a pony.

A010B300-379F-44C6-8161-E684474F6CAD.jpegA010B300-379F-44C6-8161-E684474F6CAD.jpegB2181C55-A481-49A7-B717-FFEB3BD05911.jpegB2181C55-A481-49A7-B717-FFEB3BD05911.jpeg
#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I'm in for 1000, but he's got to place it like a tramp stamp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 300.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/49?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.