bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 125.
#1951 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No spoilers but needless to say, greg and I don’t agree with what we seen gameplay/code-wise so it’ll be an entertaining review. (About an hour phone arguing conversation tonight)

Haha. I think I need to be on these purely to be the minutes taker.

#1952 5 years ago

I thought Deadpool was supposed to be a smartass and have a dirty mouth on him? He seemed about as childish as spongebob square pants to me? Adult mode turned off maybe?

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No spoilers but needless to say, greg and I don’t agree with what we seen gameplay/code-wise so it’ll be an entertaining review. (About an hour phone arguing conversation tonight)

Greg loved it and you weren’t a fan. I’ve seen enough episodes I don’t need a spoiler.

On this one I’m with Zach.

#1954 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Greg loved it and you weren’t a fan. I’ve seen enough episodes I don’t need a spoiler.

Hahahaha are you sure?

#1955 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought Deadpool was supposed to be a smartass and have a dirty mouth on him? He seemed about as childish as spongebob square pants to me? Adult mode turned off maybe?

I read somewhere it doesn’t have adult mode. PG-13. Could be wrong though.

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Zach will say “it’s pretty”

#1957 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I read somewhere it doesn’t have adult mode. PG-13. Could be wrong though.

Maybe the comics are more geared toward kids and they made it more family friendly since the game is based on the Comics?

#1958 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hahahaha are you sure?

Positive!

Zach I know you tore this Pin a new one with your review. Your homie gomey didn’t deliver with this one.

#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe the comics are more geared toward kids and they made it more family friendly since the game is based on the Comics?

Looks like it. He’s definitely a smart ass in the game though. And since it’s all custom callouts, maybe there is adult mode.

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like it. He’s definitely a smart ass in the game though. And since it’s all custom callouts, maybe there is adult mode.

I heard a balls innuendo

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

In the comics I have , he’s worse than in the movies!

DBAD0C68-FEC3-415C-96E5-192C8B784699 (resized).jpegDBAD0C68-FEC3-415C-96E5-192C8B784699 (resized).jpeg
#1963 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It is pretty....

But from looks of it on the line, colors in hi res pics were oversaturated, making it likely that the LE and Prem Cabinet will look better, while the Pro cabinet will lose a little color that made the Pro pics look great

#1964 5 years ago

I really loved the use of retro arcade sound FX but the DP voice sounded very much like Rocket Raccoon to me.

Jury's still out for me on DP... I keep telling myself wait for The Munsters...........

#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It is pretty....

Zombie Yeti killed the artwork and that’s all this thing has going for it.

I’m being ultra critical of the machine so I may eat crow once I play it but I don’t think so.

I originally thought the animations looked cool from the teaser but they got stale QUICK!

Iron Maiden call outs were great! The call outs on this machine were a dud! They got really boring really quick.

Tons of people were raving about the voice acting of this Nolan guy for Deadpool and again in my opinion it wasn’t very good. Give me the hillbilly from TWD!

#1966 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It is pretty....

That’s not very manly Zach. Just say it looks great or awesome lol

#1967 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I really loved the use of retro arcade sound FX but the DP voice sounded very much like Rocket Raccoon to me.
Jury's still out for me on DP... I keep telling myself wait for The Munsters...........

I think that would be a wise move black

#1968 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Zombie Yeti killed the artwork and that’s all this thing has going for it.
I’m being ultra critical of the machine so I may eat crow once I play it but I don’t think so.
I originally thought the animations looked cool from the teaser but they got stale QUICK!
Iron Maiden call outs were great! The call outs on this machine were a dud! They got really boring really quick.
Tons of people were raving about the voice acting of this Nolan guy for Deadpool and again in my opinion it wasn’t very good. Give me the hillbilly from TWD!

This game is underwhelming period, no sense in sugar coating things. It doesnt suck but its not great either. Its a location game and not one that most people will want to buy. No way the LE’s sell out.

#1969 5 years ago

This or that:

ACNC or Deadpool pro?

ACNC is a tightshooter much like Houdini which is frustrating as hell. The animations are 20x better than Deadpool and I’m no Alice Cooper fan but I’d rather listen to him than those sound effects of Deadpool.

#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

In the comics I have , he’s worse than in the movies!
[quoted image]

Well then i can see a cleland type code in the future for this game.

#1971 5 years ago

The sad thing is the art is good, the layout is good, even the rules seem good. But it feels like they tried to overstimulate with sounds, callouts, and music. It just seemed irritating after a while. Sometimes less is more. But, Deadpool the character is supposed to be annoying, so I guess they nailed the theme!

#1972 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

ACNC or Deadpool pro?

ACNC, but I don't want to wait 2 years to get one.

#1973 5 years ago

I listen while I'm on the bike. Couldn't take the last one Zach even though it took me less than 30 min to scroll through 2 hrs!

I like grape jelly but wtf.

#1974 5 years ago

For those not feeling good about the sounds. Remember that they had a direct feed into the game so you’re hearing stuff way different than how you would in person playing it. Prime example. Harlem globetrotters from pinburgh:

Skip the the last 20 mins or so.

#1975 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is underwhelming period, no sense in sugar coating things. It doesnt suck but its not great either. Its a location game and not one that most people will want to buy. No way the LE’s sell out.

Bingo Who Dey!

Pros might do well but Premiums/LE's, no way.

Stern has to keep the line flowing and this is just another "filler pin" on the line now.

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like grape jelly but wtf.

Are we back to the rimjob references of the other thread?

#1977 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

This is that:
ACNC or Deadpool pro?
ACNC is a tightshooter much like Houdini which is frustrating as hell. The animations are 20x better than Deadpool and I’m no Alice Cooper fan but I’d rather listen to him than those sound effects of Deadpool.

Deadpool pro all day long and its not even close.

#1978 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really?

What is the sell for you in this comparison?

#1979 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The sad thing is the art is good, the layout is good, even the rules seem good. But it feels like they tried to overstimulate with sounds, callouts, and music. It just seemed irritating after a while. Sometimes less is more. But, Deadpool the character is supposed to be annoying, so I guess they nailed the theme!

Did seem like they made it clear several times the Primary call outs (Breaking the 4th wall) have not even been implemented yet nor shown. Which I think is why the game kept cutting back to the game room screen for filler. Add the custom pinball call outs and 4th wall breaks pinball related and I think the video code will flow Much smoother. There is a reason George kept jumping in to remind everyone that these primary pieces were not there. He knew those elements are what tied the animations together. Could be wrong but I think there are many pieces to go. Stern has never been known to release all or much of the code at release.....

#1980 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haha. I’m pretty sure Who-Dey would rather never play pinball again than play a Spooky game.

#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Are we back to the rimjob references of the other thread?

Have no idea what that one refers to. Just the last 2 hr. slogfest. Sorry Zach. Brevity is a good thing.

#1982 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:Really?
What is the sell for you in this comparison?

ACNC is a brickfest and a half. Just awful from what i can see

#1983 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I’m pretty sure Who-Dey would rather never play pinball again than play a Spooky game.

You’re rght lol. I do like TNA though but i guess people dont consider that a spooky game.

#1984 5 years ago

@Yellobird, even with more callouts and 4th wall, I fear it would make this game even more annoying. They went with kiddie Deadpool instead of adult smartass like in the better comics and the movies. Deadpool is an A-hole who doesn't care who knows it. Plus, I thought we were done with "just wait for future code". Same old Stern. Looks like IMDN was a one-off for completed code at launch.

#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

LEs are almost gone. Few left. Call around.

They will easily sell out at 500 (250 in the US only).

#1986 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

<snip>Give me the hillbilly from TWD!

+1!

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

@Yellobird, even with more callouts and 4th wall, I fear it would make this game even more annoying. They went with kiddie Deadpool instead of adult smartass like in the better comics and the movies. Deadpool is an A-hole who doesn't care who knows it. Plus, I thought we were done with "just wait for future code". Same old Stern. Looks like IMDN was a one-off for completed code at launch.

Agreed but comparing it to Batman they are 100 miles further at the start. What was presented as the comic side looked strong to me. My Guess is the 4th wall break and taunting as they mentioned is where less Kiddie cute will be used. Doubt they would have Lil Deadpool swaping slang. I suspect thats where they are using the 4th wall content and why George kept jumping in to remind that Its Not in there but coming. Could again be wrong but with as amazing as this game is I doubt Stern didn't do there home work on the character of this theme and what makes this character unique. Granted If your waiting on the game dropping the F Bomb repeatedly like an 8th grader I doubt they will go that cheap route. Just a guess.

#1988 5 years ago

Agree Yelo

More to come George mentioned.

Can’t wait - double BOOM

#1989 5 years ago

I'll bet that most of the naysayersr of Dead Pool will be owner of the game that came out before Dead Pool. What was the name of it. Well it don't matter that was history, there's a new kid on the block.

#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'll bet that most of the naysayersr of Dead Pool will be owner of the game that came out before Dead Pool. What was the name of it. Well it don't matter that was history, there's a new kid on the block.

Or they plan to own the next game. Haha.

For me it’s new pinball. I’m excited to play. I think the Munsters is an awful theme, but I’ll be pumped to play that too. Hell even octorberfest. Haha

#1991 5 years ago

Looking for negatives.... The only thing that seemed off was how a few missing (Pro) components can drastically change gameplay and form factor. Similar to Star Wars. Personally (Just my opinion!!) I hated Star Wars Pro until I played a premium. Having that right drop ramp missing really changed the loop shots and flow on DP Pro. Seemed like it went back into the shooter lane at times? Or just dead ended. Same goes for the stand ups vs the drop targets. Just seemed like they were less strategic to shoot at and pretty much make the grouping in one pass. The Disco mode, sorry, no ball the mode is just a thought. With the disco ball effect I suspect that will be a very cool mode similar to AFM strobe multiball. Again just an opinion and NOT banging on Pros or Pro buyers. Just seems like this game was designed and coded for ALL of the features so missing some will be a shortcoming. Time will tell.

#1992 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looking for negatives.... The only thing that seemed off was how a few missing (Pro) components can drastically change gameplay and form factor. Similar to Star Wars. Personally (Just my opinion!!) I hated Star Wars Pro until I played a premium. Having that right drop ramp missing really changed the loop shots and flow on DP Pro. Seemed like it went back into the shooter lane at times? Or just dead ended. Same goes for the stand ups vs the drop targets. Just seemed like they were less strategic to shoot at and pretty much make the grouping in one pass. The Disco mode, sorry, no ball the mode is just a thought. With the disco ball effect I suspect that will be a very cool mode similar to AFM strobe multiball. Again just an opinion and NOT banging on Pros or Pro buyers. Just seems like this game was designed and coded for ALL of the features so missing some will be a shortcoming. Time will tell.

Yeah it was weird how the ball would come down the right side of the game and feed the shooter lane. Made for some good combo shots to the lock shot though. Man was that smooth.

Really love the colossus loop and the wolverine bank shot. Can’t wait to shoot this. And that left ramp is almost instantly back to the left flipper.

#1993 5 years ago

On SDTM video 33 when they review Hobbit at the 13:00 mark, Hollywoodbone claimed he was “Gomez 4 Life”

A416717B-AB6F-4583-A779-478EA3C9DA82 (resized).jpegA416717B-AB6F-4583-A779-478EA3C9DA82 (resized).jpeg
#1994 5 years ago

I had to watch live on 6" phone with background noise. I'll check it out again on big screen tomorrow. But they should of let the rookie played first before the Pro's and title winner made it go BOOM!

#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

On a previous video Greg claimed he was “Gomez 4 Life”
[quoted image]

Hobbit.

#1996 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Funniest post of 2018 on Pinside!

#1997 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Funniest post of 2018 on Pinside!

And the band begins.

#1998 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or they plan to own the next game. Haha.
For me it’s new pinball. I’m excited to play. I think the Munsters is an awful theme, but I’ll be pumped to play that too. Hell even octorberfest. Haha

I’m forty and only saw the Munsters on rerun. I’d guess not many people younger than me have ever seen it. It was only on for like two seasons. That’s not a wide audience but it could be cool. I guess they could get rights to most of the video and horror themed pins with comedy aren’t that common. Oh wait MBR is coming out.

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Looks like IMDN was a one-off for completed code at launch.

Complete at launch? (announced March 27, see patch notes for changes/tweaks since then):

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/Iron_Maiden-1_03_0-README_LE.TXT

#2000 5 years ago

Alot of people like monster themed pinball machines. I think even some people that didnt watch the will still think its a cool theme. It definitely is going to be a small group of people that will be interested though compared to alot of games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 300.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.