bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 125.
#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Zach finally bought a TNA! I bet he sold it before they finished filming this episode.

Looking forward to the SDTM review of TNA.

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

It was nice having the boys back together where they belong. I have been listening to Zach on the TWIP podcasts and, while I enjoy the format and content of the show, Zach is better with Greg ...

.. so Greg completes Zach

Uncovered a new Pinside feature today which identifies the real name behind each vote. Interesting results so far:

8 votes for Greg -> 1) Greg 2) Greg's girlfriend 3) Zach's mom 4) Zach's wife 5) Zach's daughter 6) Zach's dog 7) Zach's goldfish and .8) me

8 votes for Zach -> 1) Zach 2) Zach on alternate account #1 3) Zach on alternate account #2 4) Zach on Greg's computer 5) Zach on work computer #1 6) Zach on work computer #2 7) honest Pinsder vote and .8) dyslexic who voted for the one he hated listening to most.

So far this race is neck and neck ... too close to call. Will Greg be able to get his own family to support him and vote his way? Will Zach find some more pc's to slam home his votes for favorite? Stay tuned ...

#1904 5 years ago

Another great episode thanks! So looking forward to this game. Had Flippen out awesome Larry on speed dial the minute it was announced. He is the Man. You should consider having him come on your show he's an interesting character like you both. Thanks again for a great game tease.

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

.. so Greg completes Zach
Have uncovered a new Pinside feature which reveals real names of everyone who voted. Interesting results so far:
8 votes for Greg -> 1) Greg 2) Greg's girlfriend 3) Zach's mom 4) Zach's wife 5) Zach's daughter 6) Zach's dog 7) Zach's goldfish and 8 me
8 votes for Zach -> 1) Zach 2) Zach on alternate account #1 3) Zach on alternate account #2 4) Zach on Greg's 5) Zach on work computer #1 6) Zach on work computer #2 7) honest Pinsder vote and 8 dyslexic Pinsider who thought he was supposed to vote who he hated listening to the most.
So far this race is neck and neck, and it looks like they've exhausted their relatives and alternate computers.

That is honestly some of the best shit I have ever seen!!!! PURE GENIUS

#1906 5 years ago

Im still waiting on an answer on which one of you guys is the best player and if you will ever do any streams where you battle it out for bragging rights?

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im still waiting on an answer on which one of you guys is the best player and if you will ever do any streams where you battle it out for bragging rights?

Yeah. I've got the perfect way for that to take place. They just previewed DP, but they didn't even have the real game for c*sake. So why not film an episode where they actually play best of 3 on DP, instead of just flapping about it. They could go ahead and film best of 3 for every game they have reviewed to date and showcase one game weekly. Filming location to rotate between both collections covering as many of the previewed games as possible, before venturing out to local watering holes or private collections (Not gonna find many TBL's sitting around).

Did I mention there is an obnoxious trophy that the winner keeps all week and displays during the next broadcast? Near the end of show the next - best of 3 game segment is shown, and the previous winner awards the trophy to next week's winner. Well, that would be one way to do it. Let's make this happen.

#1908 5 years ago

Yeah. I've got the perfect way for that to take place. They just previewed DP, but they didn't even have the real game for c*sake. So why not film an episode where they actually play best of 3 on DP, instead of just talking about it. This could replace the This or That segment. In fact, they could film playing best of 3 for every game they have reviewed to date as a new segment and showcase one weekly in lieu of This or That. So filming will rotate between both collections and then venture to playing remaining games in wild. Well, that would be one way to do it.

Yeah that would be cool or even just spend an hour of two playing and battling it out occasionally. Too much talking and not enough playing. Those games in the background arent for just sitting there and looking pretty. Also once in awhile a location stream on a brand new game would be cool. I kind of like the this or that segments though. They are kind of fun and interesting.

To go to a location or someone's house though and stream the new Deadpool and other new games would be sweet for sure.

#1909 5 years ago

The aforementioned Best of 3 segment might help establish a vibe for SDTM. The show that previews, reviews, plays and shoots the shit about games, while staying mostly objective. Funny voices, mailbag, twip poll results and good times ensue. Unofficial TWIPY hosts.

TWIP approaches pinball from an investigative journalist vantage. Think of them as your source for data mining and advanced pinball analytics. TWIP captures what happens every day in pinball, reveals credible rumors, verifies breaking stories, polls a lot, showcases guest hosts, offers cool guests and has bountiful giveaways.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah. I've got the perfect way for that to take place. They just previewed DP, but they didn't even have the real game for c*sake. So why not film an episode where they actually play best of 3 on DP, instead of just flapping about it? This could replace This or That. In fact, they could film best of 3 for every game they have reviewed to date and showcase one weekly. Filming location to rotate between both collections covering as many of the previewed games as possible, before venturing out to local watering holes or private collections (Not gonna find many TBL's sitting around).
Did I mention there is an obnoxious trophy that the winner keeps all week and displays during the next broadcast? Near the end of show the next - best of 3 game segment is shown, and the previous winner awards the trophy to next week's winner. Well, that would be one way to do it. Let's make this happen.

Keep the ideas rolling fellas! Sounds like some cool ideas. Greg and I actually are comparable in skills. I’m better at Flipper techniques and he’s better at shot accuracy. If we lived closer we’d be streaming every week. The equipment and time needed to make the battles a regular thing would be difficult.

#1911 5 years ago

Great episode as usual, enjoyed your first impressions of Deadpool and it was like an appetiser, now looking forward to the main, your Deadpool Review!

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Keep the ideas rolling fellas! Sounds like some cool ideas. Greg and I actually are comparable in skills. I’m better at Flipper techniques and he’s better at shot accuracy. If we lived closer we’d be streaming every week. The equipment and time needed to make the battles a regular thing would be difficult.

No need to stream it, but you would still need a mobile camera rig and four lenses and mic to record. Playing 3 games should take about 30 minutes and could be spliced into SDTM as final segment. Think about the bliss Zach, from no editing or writing required for thirty minutes of the show. Ending with the winner being awarded the trophy for the week. BAM!

Could this mark the duo for something special? Maybe ... maybe not.

Penn and Teller. Siegfried and Roy. Laurel and Hardy. Abbott and Costello. Batman and Robin.

Catwoman and Batgirl. Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid. Bonny and Clyde. Starsky and Hutch. Mork and Mindy.

Key and Peele. Sanford and Son. Cheech and Chong. Tarzan and Jane. Thelma and Louise.

Holmes and Watson. Wayne and Garth. beavis and butt-head. Laverne and Shirley. Sam and Frodo. Bert and Ernie.

Frazier and Ali. Kerrigan and Harding. Bird and Johnston. Nicklaus and Palmer. McEnroe and Borg.

or you could take no action and wait until interest fades away

#1913 5 years ago

ok folks. A quick update on the new poll numbers, we've seen movement:

Greg now has 10 votes - looks like the new ones are Aunt Thelma and Uncle Fred and they send their love. Anyways a family that votes together, stays together, right Greg.

Zach also has 10 votes also - looks like Zach has opened a new mobile phone account with Sprint and has been able to show us who has the hairiest balls, by adding two new addresses and at the same time receiving two votes for #1

Congratulations to both contestants - this is turning into a real barn burner folks. We may need to interrupt your regular programming before midnight to bring you breaking analysis of this ongoing - who goes and who stays SDTM mini-drama. the extra special Pinside feature that I have exclusive viewing rights to expires at midnight. So get those votes in early before my clear eyes become clouded.

#1914 5 years ago

No need to stream it, but you would still need a mobile camera rig and four lenses and mic to record. Playing 3 games should take about 30 minutes and could be spliced into SDTM as final segment. Think about the bliss Zach, from no editing or writing required for thirty minutes of the show. Ending with the winner being awarded the trophy for the week. BAM!
Could this mark the duo for something special? Maybe ... maybe not.
Penn and Teller. Siegfried and Roy. Laurel and Hardy. Abbott and Costello. Batman and Robin.
Catwoman and Batgirl. Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid. Bonny and Clyde. Starsky and Hutch. Mork and Mindy.
Key and Peele. Sanford and Son. Cheech and Chong. Tarzan and Jane. Thelma and Louise.
Holmes and Watson. Wayne and Garth. beavis and butt-head. Laverne and Shirley. Sam and Frodo. Bert and Ernie.
Frazier and Ali. Kerrigan and Harding. Bird and Johnston. Nicklaus and Palmer. McEnroe and Borg.
or you could take no action and wait until interest fades away

Love the passion! I’ll take Wayne and Garth shaaaawing

ok folks. A quick update on the new poll numbers, we've seen movement:
Greg now has 10 votes - looks like the new ones are Aunt Thelma and Uncle Fred and they send their love. Anyways a family that votes together, stays together, right Greg.
Zach also has 10 votes also - looks like Zach has opened a new mobile phone account with Sprint and has been able to show us who has the hairiest balls, by adding two new addresses and at the same time receiving two votes for #1
Congratulations to both contestants - this is turning into a real barn burner folks. We may need to interrupt your regular programming before midnight to bring you breaking analysis of this ongoing - who goes and who stays SDTM mini-drama. the extra special Pinside feature that I have exclusive viewing rights to expires at midnight. So get those votes in early before my clear eyes become clouded.

Haha I actually giggled throughout this

#1915 5 years ago

Fate. How else do you explain these three threads lining up in order. OK I'm bored tonight....lol

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.58.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.58.31 PM (resized).png
#1916 5 years ago

Greg completely lost me when he said he prefers an art style and colors like Demo Man I couldn't listen anymore after that.....

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Greg completely lost me when he said he prefers an art style and colors like Demo Man I couldn't listen anymore after that.....

Guess he is a fan of light gray/gray/lightblue minimum color scheme haha

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This is when I turned the volume up

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

This is when I turned the volume up

Demo Man is a great shooting game, it's also a great value game. You get a ton for your money with that one. It's super freaking ugly though. While people will always like different color schemes or styles, you just can't compare the quality of art of Demo Man with Deadpool. Mentioning them together even sounds wrong.

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Demo Man is a great shooting game, it's also a great value game. You get a ton for your money with that one. It's super freaking ugly though. While people will always like different color schemes or styles, you just can't compare the quality of art of Demo Man with Deadpool. Mentioning them together even sounds wrong.

Ha ha I wasn’t comparing quality of art.....just color schemes! I think it’s a beautiful pin lol

A7A00F71-CE8D-46E6-8D3E-D0F935FB2FF2 (resized).jpegA7A00F71-CE8D-46E6-8D3E-D0F935FB2FF2 (resized).jpeg
#1921 5 years ago

I would have prefered a movie theme on this license, I don't read the comics so for me Ryan Reynolds is Dead Pool. However, Stern did an awesome job with the comic theme and the style looks awesome. I get where Greg is coming from with art and the colors, for me the Pro is the best art and the other two are just a little too much. The black trim tone it down and make it the best package. I want a pro with the disco ball, that would be my ideal pin. I'm not a fan of the 8/16 Bit animations, its just too trendy and been done to death these days. I would have much prefered cell shading (kind of Punch Out Wii) with the same art style as the pin . Also the animations so far look very low frame count, everyone hates on Houdini for the animations this seems to be just as jerky. Can't wait to see him break the fourth wall that certainly has the potential to justify this art and animation choice. Hopefully they can pull it off, so far the retro style with low frame count looks a little budget for my taste.

#1922 5 years ago

Yo, Zach! Turn off TNA attract mode next time. That crunchy spinning topper brought back some PTSD. When I owned mine, I had to turn it off. I remember struggling trying to fix one of my machines and that topper noise is even worse when you are frustrated working under a playfield.

#1923 5 years ago

Hey Greg, depending on your comics preference and background, I think I may be with you on why Deadpool art kinda feels "off". It is drawn in Liefeld/ 90's Image Comics style. That was the era of oversized everything, bad feet, multiple covers, and began the comics slump. Almost seems like the new stern game should come with a lenticular cover...remember those?

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hey Greg, depending on your comics preference and background, I think I may be with you on why Deadpool art kinda feels "off". It is drawn in Liefeld/ 90's Image Comics style. That was the era of oversized everything, bad feet, multiple covers, and began the comics slump. Almost seems like the new stern game should come with a lenticular cover...remember those?

I do for sure! I never owned one though! Messed with my eyes and never really felt like a comic!

Quoted from Darscot:

I would have prefered a movie theme on this license, I don't read the comics so for me Ryan Reynolds is Dead Pool. However, Stern did an awesome job with the comic theme and the style looks awesome. I get where Greg is coming from with art and the colors, for me the Pro is the best art and the other two are just a little too much. The black trim tone it down and make it the best package. I want a pro with the disco ball, that would be my ideal pin. I'm not a fan of the 8/16 Bit animations, its just too trendy and been done to death these days. I would have much prefered cell shading (kind of Punch Out Wii) with the same art style as the pin . Also the animations so far look very low frame count, everyone hates on Houdini for the animations this seems to be just as jerky. Can't wait to see him break the fourth wall that certainly has the potential to justify this art and animation choice. Hopefully they can pull it off, so far the retro style with low frame count looks a little budget for my taste.

I agree I really want a pro with the disco!!!!!

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I do for sure! I never owned one though! Messed with my eyes and never really felt like a comic!

I agree I really want a pro with the disco!!!!!

Well I say that but damn do I love that Megladon!!!!!!!!

#1926 5 years ago

Been a long time watcher of Zach and Gregg's channel of SDTM and seen it evolve over time to be the best pinball channel next to Dead-Flips stuff. I don't ever want them to be just an "objective" and a "news only" pinball show. Half the fun is watching Gregg and Zach fight and argue over things and if it leads to insults it just makes me laugh more. Seeing two friends argue over something they love (or hate) is always a good time.

To me, pinball is a personal thing anyway and it all boils down to if you connect with a pin or you don't. If I want news on pinball I will just read pinball news.

Keep up the great work guys and don't leave your personal comments out just to try to be objective. We can do that ourselves. Keep the banter and quips intact too.

Suggestion: I would love to see more pinball streams battles between you two once and a while. Maybe do a best out of five games and loser has to do something horrible like get a pie in the face, shot with paint balls or something? Maybe do a Saturday steam show battle and with each game, loser has to do a shot. It might make good content for the show. Maybe?

#1927 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Been a long time watcher of Zach and Gregg's channel of SDTM and seen it evolve over time to be the best pinball channel next to Dead-Flips stuff. I don't ever want them to be just an "objective" and a "news only" pinball show. Half the fun is watching Gregg and Zach fight and argue over things and if it leads to insults it just makes me laugh more. Seeing two friends argue over something they love (or hate) is always a good time.
To me, pinball is a personal thing anyway and it all boils down to if you connect with a pin or you don't. If I want news on pinball I will just read pinball news.
Keep up the great work guys and don't leave your personal comments out just to try to be objective. We can do that ourselves. Keep the banter and quips intact too.
Suggestion: I would love to see more pinball streams battles between you two once and a while. Maybe do a best out of five games and loser has to do something horrible like get a pie in the face, shot with paint balls or something? Maybe do a Saturday steam show battle and with each game, loser has to do a shot. It might make good content for the show. Maybe?

I like it and we will look into that type of content.

#1928 5 years ago

Ha ha I wasn’t comparing quality of art.....just color schemes!

Pulled that one right out of the rainbow puke thread, didn't ya!

#1929 5 years ago

Me too! More gameplay! I have been waiting for a LOTR review,it's probably gone by now,
Yes I am a Gomez fan,not ashamed.....

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Me too! More gameplay! I have been waiting for a LOTR review,it's probably gone by now,
Yes I am a Gomez fan,not ashamed.....

Man I like Gomez too! I don’t mind a little clink and clank!

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

BIG +1 and bring on the pies!!

#1932 5 years ago

Man I like Gomez too! I don’t mind a little clink and clank!

As long as it doesn't clank as much as Avengers. Boy, I really tried to like that one.

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pulled that one right out of the rainbow puke thread, didn't ya!

I agree. The Pin Stadium lights need to be turned up to balance it out.

#1934 5 years ago

Ha ha I wasn’t comparing quality of art.....just color schemes! I think it’s a beautiful pin lol[quoted image]

...and poor Sandra Bullock never received her beautiful free pin like Stallone or Snipes did. Lol!

#1935 5 years ago

Pretty sweet to see the guy rockin the STDM T in the Deadpool stream. I want to see at least a call in interview with him on the next episode.

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Pretty sweet to see the guy rockin the STDM T in the Deadpool stream. I want to see at least a call in interview with him on the next episode.

Oh man zach and I have already talked about it! That was balls out amazing

#1937 5 years ago

Well what do you guys think about the Deadpool game? Is it better than you thought it would be, not as good as you thought it would be or what?

#1938 5 years ago

Greg got a shout-out from ZY as well! "Something, something, too cluttered" [laughter]

Good times.

#1939 5 years ago

Nice to see SDTM make some kind of presence there tonight! Needless to say, he will be getting a nice gift sent to him. Very unexpected and fun to see!

#1940 5 years ago

Game did not impress me.

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Game did not impress me.

Me either. I like how it looks but it ends there for me unfortunately. Its just ok.

#1942 5 years ago

Deadpool looks like a buy to me, I love the theme and the game seems fun. TNA is leaving tomorrow for a Guardians LE , I don’t share the same taste as most people on here but after listening to the group think on here I have learned my lesson. Lots of great options out there for all types of players.

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Deadpool looks like a buy to me, I love the theme and the game seems fun. TNA is leaving tomorrow for a Guardians LE , I don’t share the same taste as most people on here but after listening to the group think on here I have learned my lesson. Lots of great options out there for all types of players.

You gotta buy what makes you happy and don’t worry about what other people think. You’re the one gonna be playing it, not the people on Pinside.

#1944 5 years ago

Art looked better than the earlier pics, but the callouts, sounds, and music got old quick. And I thought I'd dig the retro animations, but they seemed to grow old as well. Turned off the stream after Jack's first ball (like 600 mil). Just lost interest. I'll play on location and maybe my impression will change. But for now, not interested in owning.

#1945 5 years ago

Man I can’t wait to play this. Looks like the shots, rules, and sounds are right up my alley.

This will be in Cincinnati next week so we’re gonna get to play it ASAP! Yay!

#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Art looked better than the earlier pics, but the callouts, sounds, and music got old quick. And I thought I'd dig the retro animations, but they seemed to grow old as well. Turned off the stream after Jack's first ball (like 600 mil). Just lost interest. I'll play on location and maybe my impression will change. But for now, not interested in owning.

This is exactly how I felt about it.

Quoted from TheGunnett:

Lots of great options out there for all types of players.

Very true! It’s a great time for pinball with all these new machines. Truly something for everyone.

#1947 5 years ago

I liked it, looked like a great pin. Did not feel much like Deadpool. I’m a little disappointed because I don’t feel they made use of the license. Looks like a great pin for your average to beginner player, which I am. If you got some skill I suspect you will blow it up and get bored easily.

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I liked it, looked like a great pin. Did not feel much like Deadpool. I’m a little disappointed because I don’t feel they made use of the license. Looks like a great pin for your average to beginner player, which I am. If you got some skill I suspect you will blow it up and get bored easily.

Tim Sexton was helping on rules along with Keith I’m sure. I’m not concerned about it being too easy. Like Maiden I expect this to have obvious stuff to go after for beginners and also stuff for the rules geeks like me. All the team up stuff is very interesting.

Plus you can make any game hard if need be.

I had concerns about the lock ramp and the bank shot up the ramp. Concerns as in I thought they wouldn’t be consistent at all even in this stream. They seemed smooth and only saw the lock ramp not make it on poor shots.

Time will tell of those shots are finicky, but for now I’m super excited about this game.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tim Sexton was helping on rules along with Keith I’m sure. I’m not concerned about it being too easy. Like Maiden I expect this to have obvious stuff to go after for beginners and also stuff for the rules geeks like me. All the team up stuff is very interesting.
Plus you can make any game hard if need be.
I had concerns about the lock ramp and the bank shot up the ramp. Concerns as in I thought they wouldn’t be consistent at all even in this stream. They seemed smooth and only saw the lock ramp not make it on poor shots.
Time will tell of those shots are finicky, but for now I’m super excited about this game.

These streams can be so deceiving because the guys are all killers. I didn’t watch the whole thing but in the one game all 4 guys had like 500 million. The shots and flow all looked good to me. Can’t wait to see you on it.

#1950 5 years ago

No spoilers but needless to say, greg and I don’t agree with what we seen gameplay/code-wise so it’ll be an entertaining review. (About an hour phone arguing conversation tonight)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.