bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 125.
#1601 5 years ago

Guys love the new episode and was literally laughing out loud where you were talking about the bone cursing out his neighbor.... Or for the southern folk.....cussing.

Here's the rub though...... I can't believe you didn't include Metallica for ramps. Not even in the top 10?

#1602 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Add GB pro bisexual ramp to that list.

I love that right ramp on the gb pro!

#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love that right ramp on the gb pro!

Sounds aboot right.

#1604 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys love the new episode and was literally laughing out loud where you were talking about the bone cursing out his neighbor.... Or for the southern folk.....cussing.
Here's the rub though...... I can't believe you didn't include Metallica for ramps. Not even in the top 10?

Metallica Ramps? Eh nothing special but fun to shoot

#1606 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Agreed there...and basically you can avoid them pretty much to be honest.

I'd like to read aboot the breakdown in metal vs plastic ramps. Everyone hammers me for liking plastic over metal ramps (entries at least not counting habitrails which can be both), but I always have.

#1607 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed there...and basically you can avoid them pretty much to be honest.
I'd like to read aboot the breakdown in metal vs plastic ramps. Everyone hammers me for liking plastic over metal ramps (entries at least not counting habitrails which can be both), but I always have.

Agreed and when does a habitrail count as an awesome ramp like the hyper loop setup on SW Premium. Great show, wish more was defined on the back story of the bone neighbors. Lol. Everyone loves a back story. Let me guess, they had a cookout and they were putting ketchup on everything!

#1608 5 years ago

I enjoyed the show. But, I really do wish you'd stop the Iron Maiden Bashing. It makes me feel like I am back in high school during the blaze bayley era and everyone is dumping on Maiden, cos they love grunge so much. I personally like the ramp. Think its cool and a unique feature. Also I like how it goes up and down. even though mine had a few issues.
And at the beginning I was like here we go again, another top 10 that only has new stuff on it. But, as you got lower you brought out the vintage. And I enjoyed the lists. And I do agree all top 10 lists are subjective. Quality might not be to a certain extent, but when you get right down to it, a lot is personal preference.
You did leave out one of the cool reasons to hit the Scared Stiff ramp. I think its the same reason as the ramp in Party Monsters. Elvira's call outs. The yes, yes... To the wake me when you're done. Really satisfying to hit over and over again, and also just a quality call out.

#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Mustang's multi-functional ramp is special (unique) and fun and thus deserving of a mention. 4 different possible outcomes on Premium/LE.

#1610 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just watched your top 10 ramps episode. Probably a bunch more could be put at least in the honorable mention category.
Game of Thrones ball lock ramp would be one of mine. Shooting a single ball from the lock, back up the ramp and back to the lock again and repeating this while it doesn't accomplish a lot, still can be pretty fun if you hit four or five in a row. The physical ball lock with sword is neat. Maybe this makes it in your top 10 Ball Locks if not the top 10 ramps ?
Also liked this episode in that I didn't have to spend an hour watching it. Shorter episodes are ok ! Zach probably was hungry and wanted to shoot a quick episode so he could have some hot dogs and ketchup - that's ok too.
Enjoyed the episode.

Ha ha he always wants them longer. I for one like a good 45min episode

Quoted from Beebl:

zmeny Wow man for all that talk about BM66 it didn't appear to last very long next to the water heater!

Im just glade he gave it a chance! Thought for sure if he owned it he would fall in love!

#1611 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha he always wants them longer. I for one like a good 45min episode

Yes 30 to 45 minutes is fine - it also gives you time to yell at the neighbors too !

By the way - the Best part of almost all the episodes are those faces you make, pretty much prompted by what Zach says
I'd make faces too...

#1612 5 years ago

Ive got the best... ramp pin that is!

410E5D7F-3458-4B43-A5DC-12E55BA70FE7 (resized).jpeg410E5D7F-3458-4B43-A5DC-12E55BA70FE7 (resized).jpeg
#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I enjoyed the show. But, I really do wish you'd stop the Iron Maiden Bashing. It makes me feel like I am back in high school during the blaze bayley era and everyone is dumping on Maiden, cos they love grunge so much. I personally like the ramp. Think its cool and a unique feature. Also I like how it goes up and down. even though mine had a few issues.
And at the beginning I was like here we go again, another top 10 that only has new stuff on it. But, as you got lower you brought out the vintage. And I enjoyed the lists. And I do agree all top 10 lists are subjective. Quality might not be to a certain extent, but when you get right down to it, a lot is personal preference.
You did leave out one of the cool reasons to hit the Scared Stiff ramp. I think its the same reason as the ramp in Party Monsters. Elvira's call outs. The yes, yes... To the wake me when you're done. Really satisfying to hit over and over again, and also just a quality call out.

Bashing Iron Maiden theme was so one month ago, I’m over it. Hahaha, but that center ramp tho.... We do appreciate the feedback and I’ll TRY to temper my thoughts on Iron Maiden theme.

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Bashing Iron Maiden theme was so one month ago, I’m over it. Hahaha, but that center ramp tho.... We do appreciate the feedback and I’ll TRY to temper my thoughts on Iron Maiden theme.

I'll admit I take it rather personal. Cos of all the crap I took back in the day. But, also I always viewed myself as a defender of the faith... Yes, that is a Priest reference. As I was in high school at a time when heavy metal was at a low ebb and it wasn't cool to like such things. I have an Iron Maiden Hallway where I have currently 5 Iron Maiden flags hanging on the walls, with 4 more waiting to be mounted, and I'd like to add even more. Just need to see how much space I have.
So it'll always be a sore spot for me. Regardless, fun show. Always great to learn about pinball. I'm kicking myself for not playing whitewater while it was at my local pinball arcade... I was playing it for a game, but ball got stuck and so that scuttled the plans... But, I wish I would have played it sooner in the day... Maybe I could have gotten more plays out of it.

#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'll admit I take it rather personal. Cos of all the crap I took back in the day. But, also I always viewed myself as a defender of the faith... Yes, that is a Priest reference. As I was in high school at a time when heavy metal was at a low ebb and it wasn't cool to like such things. I have an Iron Maiden Hallway where I have currently 5 Iron Maiden flags hanging on the walls, with 4 more waiting to be mounted, and I'd like to add even more. Just need to see how much space I have.
So it'll always be a sore spot for me. Regardless, fun show. Always great to learn about pinball. I'm kicking myself for not playing whitewater while it was at my local pinball arcade... I was playing it for a game, but ball got stuck and so that scuttled the plans... But, I wish I would have played it sooner in the day... Maybe I could have gotten more plays out of it.

Your passion is a good thing just know that what Greg and Zach bring to SDTM is Their passion and opinion. Like in school you didn't let anyone sway what you enjoyed but you didn't need to hate them for their opinion. I will bet the Michael Jackson fans, KISS army fans, disco fans, etc all had a similar torcher throughout HS. You stood true to your passion and belief and your now buying 7K machines to salute your commitment! Bravo to you. If you are looking to play other titles you may have missed there are others like myself not far from you that love to share time in their collection like I do. PM me anytime. FYI, I don't have IM but I do enjoy any kind of music! (Except IM, JK!)

#1616 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Love the stance. If you love something, stand up for it.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Your passion is a good thing just know that what Greg and Zach bring to SDTM is Their passion and opinion. Like in school you didn't let anyone sway what you enjoyed but you didn't need to hate them for their opinion. I will bet the Michael Jackson fans, KISS army fans, disco fans, etc all had a similar torcher throughout HS. You stood true to your passion and belief and your now buying 7K machines to salute your commitment! Bravo to you. If you are looking to play other titles you may have missed there are others like myself not far from you that love to share time in their collection like I do. PM me anytime. FYI, I don't have IM but I do enjoy any kind of music! (Except IM, JK!)

I know I’ll be stopping by Mod Couple headquarters the next time I travel north.

#1617 5 years ago

Could have been honorable mentions...

Fish Tales boat ramp(s).

Tales from the Crypt right upside-down ramp.

Indy Jones right Jackpot ramp.

Demo Man. The whole thing, right?

I do enjoy the shows, though. Missed you at SFGE.

Have you thought about green-screening?

#1618 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ive got the best... ramp pin that is!

Please visit's Bigfoot's cave once in a wHile won't you?

#1619 5 years ago

What about Indy jackpot ramp that leads to path of adventure? That’s pretty amazing if you ask me.

#1620 5 years ago

I like Taxi’s crossover ramps too.

#1621 5 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Could have been honorable mentions...
Fish Tales boat ramp(s).
Tales from the Crypt right upside-down ramp.
Indy Jones right Jackpot ramp.
Demo Man. The whole thing, right?
I do enjoy the shows, though. Missed you at SFGE.
Have you thought about green-screening?

Crypt makes an argument for the top 10 for sure. Green screen we have thought about but worry about it being a bit hokey and we already have Greg for that.

#1622 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

What about Indy jackpot ramp that leads to path of adventure? That’s pretty amazing if you ask me.

Quoted from mrossman5:

I like Taxi’s crossover ramps too.

I cant argue with either of those, guys. Great calls there.

#1623 5 years ago

Strangely enough I like the left Monopoly ramp. Weird, short, and drops in front of the slings like HS.

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Love the stance. If you love something, stand up for it.

I know I’ll be stopping by Mod Couple headquarters the next time I travel north.

Our doors are always open for the SDTM team or anyone that loves this hobby. Granted we don't Do ketchup in our house sorry. We are headed to North amish Indiana this week for the 4th and family. Should be interesting...

FYI, there is a Chicago Portillo's now in Fishers Indiana. Go there and see how food is suppose to taste!

#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Green screen we have thought about but worry about it being a bit hokey and we already have Greg for that.

Green screen is for weathermen. NO Green screen - but more Greg is good.

#1626 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Crypt makes an argument for the top 10 for sure. Green screen we have thought about but worry about it being a bit hokey and we already have Greg for that.

yeah crypt or that Alien flip upside down ramp - that's awesome.

#1627 5 years ago

Please don't temper your trash talk on any specific game. The show is at its best when Zach plays the heel to Greg's likable neuroticism. It wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if you didn't work people up, when you posted that wrestling video I though for sure it was going to be a gag of you taking notes.

#1628 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Please don't temper your trash talk on any specific game. The show is at its best when Zach plays the heel to Greg's likable neuroticism. It wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if you didn't work people up, when you posted that wrestling video I though for sure it was going to be a gag of you taking notes.

Damn it. Definitely a missed opportunity there. Great call Darscot

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

not sure! I’ll look at mine and see what it does

I emailed Stern about "Team Play" settings and here's the reply.

Sorry but the software to add the scores was never done. You can set the adjustment but the games will not change. The newest games do not have this feature any more, so it has been discontinued.

Best regards,

Chas Siddiqi

Stern Pinball Tech. Support

800 542-5377

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Can anyone tell me how to do a team play. Two couples, Players 1&3 on team and Players 2&4 on team. I've changed setting to "yes" team score. Did a four player game. Only displayed individual scores and no Team 1 and Team 2.

That setting would bring more younger people into pinball. IMO

#1631 5 years ago

What would be amazing is if more coop modes were introduced like TNA. Especially for those crazy hard wizard modes.

#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah crypt or that Alien flip upside down ramp - that's awesome.

Oh, that's a fairly standard Dennis Nordman device, it was there on his initial Alien layout draft. Lots of his games have those.

#1633 5 years ago

Definitely a lot going on with that ramp but is it satisfying?

Oh hell yeah. You HAVE to keep the ramp in a timely fashion to achieve the Island Jackpot which is timed.
It keeps changing pathways and some shots come back to the flipper via wireworm quicker than expected.
Simple brilliance. SKIPPER!

#1634 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I emailed Stern about "Team Play" settings and here's the reply.
Sorry but the software to add the scores was never done. You can set the adjustment but the games will not change. The newest games do not have this feature any more, so it has been discontinued.
Best regards,
Chas Siddiqi
Stern Pinball Tech. Support
800 542-5377

That setting would bring more younger people into pinball. IMO

Awwww that sucks!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

What would be amazing is if more coop modes were introduced like TNA. Especially for those crazy hard wizard modes.

I agree

#1635 5 years ago

Still Mustang. Getting the feeling that the SDTM guys have never played a Premium/LE.

#1636 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Still Mustang. Getting the feeling that the SDTM guys have never played a Premium/LE.

If I have I don’t remember so yeah I need to put some more time on one

#1637 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

If I have I don’t remember so yeah I need to put some more time on one

You're not alone. Jack Danger and the Bro Do You Even Pinball guys have told me they'd love to stream one, but have had none available. Unfortunate, as the Premium/LE has added features, including the cross ramp, that really add to the gameplay.

#1638 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Is is though? Is it? Hahaha

More Greg would be better than Green Screen. Green Screen is for weatherman. You guys would be bad at doing the weather.........Stick with Pinball.

You are ok too Zach - but Greg is what makes the show go ! He is quite entertaining.

Hey how about a top 10 hot dog list ? Have you ever had Usingers ? Top of the list.

#1639 5 years ago

Happy 4th SDTM. Cookouts tend to go one of two ways, don't mess it up Zach!

IMG_0418 (resized).JPGIMG_0418 (resized).JPG

IMG_0420 (resized).JPGIMG_0420 (resized).JPG

#1640 5 years ago

Usingers are always excellent. But today I threw a package of Cher-Make 12 oz natural casing weiners in the shopping cart. Just had a couple for lunch - they are really good too. Also made in Wisconsin. I'd put these in the top 10 too.

Zach and Greg come up to Wisconsin and drop in, we'll do the top 10 hot dog list.

http://www.cher-make.com/products/category/id/1/

https://www.usinger.com/deli/link-products/same-as-wieners-except-longer-in-length.html

Note : I am not a paid endorser for any weiner companies. These are excellent hit dogs !

1 week later
#1641 5 years ago

G'day Zach just wondering if you're going to do a new review on The Hobbit since the new code update, everyone says a plays like a brand new machine and sorted out the multiball issues I'd love to see you do a new review because you explain rules really well.

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

G'day Zach just wondering if you're going to do a new review on The Hobbit since the new code update, everyone says a plays like a brand new machine and sorted out the multiball issues I'd love to see you do a new review because you explain rules really well.

New code update eh?

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We will likely give feedback on code here soon and an update of updates once a year. We will be covering it though once we get some time on it. I’m beginning to think my hobby of pinball took a backseat to video editing haha

#1644 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We will likely give feedback on code here soon and an update of updates once a year. We will be covering it though once we get some time on it. I’m beginning to think my hobby of pinball took a backseat to video editing haha

No worries. when's your new episode going to be up? Looking forward to it.

#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

my hobby of pinball took a backseat to video editing

Don't worry man, that's a good life skill in this youtube millionaires world...

#1646 5 years ago

EPIC SDTM This Or That? including Star Wars vs Iron Maiden and Batman ‘66, plus Battle of the Best Pizza!

#1647 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Add GB pro bisexual ramp to that list.

I think the GB Pro ramp is actually pretty clever, where one entrance leads to a magnetic diverter, and the other entrance acts as a type of "test your strength" carnival shot, then feeds to the diverter.

#1648 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

I think the GB Pro ramp is actually pretty clever, ...

it IS clever, but the super tight opening and it being completely kept on the right side hurt it for me. Now if it were made pansexual and had the ability to go all the way up and over to exit out of the left ramp during certain(t) times that would be sweet.
I also don't think there's a magnet involved anywhere just gravity for the return?

#1649 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it IS clever, but the super tight opening and it being completely kept on the right side hurt it for me. Now if it were made pansexual and had the ability to go all the way up and over to exit out of the left ramp during certain(t) times that would be sweet.
I also don't think there's a magnet involved anywhere just gravity for the return?

Hahah! Love the swingin' references on this - so good.

There's a magnet on the right side of the ramp which will pull the ball to guide to the outlane, or if left alone will (most likely) lead it into the storage facility saucer.

Definitely a tight shot on that right side - but as with much of pinball it is super satisfying when you can nail it cleanly

#1650 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Time to take out the control gate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/33?hl=screaminsauce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.