bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 125.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah some of the direct ones are weird about play control. You almost have to slide the bar to go forward and back which is annoying. iTunes is my goto

I guess I’m spoiled. iTunes for me as well.

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Iron Maiden is on its way out unfortunately. Believe it or not, I owned GBPro for a year

Get a premium next time. My LE is not going anywhere!

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I did listen to the entire thing. The only criticism I can give them is I found No way to fast forward or rewind. As its 2 hours they are limiting the audience unless I missed how to do it?

I think it was due to that being a Facebook link. The direct SoundCloud link is here:
https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826/episode-63

SoundCloud is pretty friendly for letting you jump around in audio.

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I think it was due to that being a Facebook link. The direct SoundCloud link is here:
https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826/episode-63
SoundCloud is pretty friendly for letting you jump around in audio.

Yep thats how I watched it. Sincerely a great show and the content was really knowledgable. Just not as friendly on the Facebook feed. I will certainly watch more episodes when you have a better guest! lolol Zach is the man.

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I will certainly watch more episodes when you have a better guest! lolol Zach is the man.

Can you believe he repeatedly told me how wrong I was? The sheer nerve of some people! But, I guess that's how he got to be a bonafide pinball celebrity.

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Can you believe he repeatedly told me how wrong I was? The sheer nerve of some people! But, I guess that's how he got to be a bonafide pinball celebrity.

Yeah, I keep telling him he and Gregs life of champaign yacht lunches and dubbed out cars with PinStadium underglow UV lighting will make them pretentious in time. What can you do, give Indiana folk a spot light and Bam they are on the next episode of Cribs! On a serious note, I like Many sincerely appreciate the shows, podcasts, and entertainment each of you provide. Gets us knuckle heads out of the basement for a few hours of conversation and dialog even if we are just foe listening to people discussing topics of interest. Bravo to all that make this effort your Certainly not doing it to get rich! Thank You.

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah, I keep telling him he and Gregs life of champaign yacht lunches and dubbed out cars with PinStadium underglow UV lighting will make them pretentious in time. What can you do, give Indiana folk a spot light and Bam they are on the next episode of Cribs! On a serious note, I like Many sincerely appreciate the shows, podcasts, and entertainment each of you provide. Gets us knuckle heads out of the basement for a few hours of conversation and dialog even if we are just foe listening to people discussing topics of interest. Bravo to all that make this effort your Certainly not doing it to get rich! Thank You.

Thank you my friend.

#1508 5 years ago

SDTM Episode 63: This Month In Bird Watching / June 2018 Pinball News

#1509 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Episode 63: This Month In Bird Watching / June 2018 Pinball News

Gents, great show. You guys have become 'integral' to the Pinside community. Zach, curious to know if you now feel differently about the multipliers in SW?

-Adam

#1510 5 years ago

Glad to see a new episode! i was missing some SDTM.

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Gents, great show. You guys have become 'integral' to the Pinside community. Zach, curious to know if you now feel differently about the multipliers in SW?
-Adam

Thanks Adam! And no I still hate them. The game would be sooo much better if the center bank was used to integrate modes better (video interaction) rather than multipliers. Multipliers should only max at 3-5x on any game and they should be earned.

Quoted from Beebl:

Glad to see a new episode! i was missing some SDTM.

Thanks buddy yeah a little break there due to editing problems, sorry for the delay guys.

#1512 5 years ago

Just realized that of all the love and upvotes on first page post by the SDTM Team, there is one lowly downvote from Captain Neo...cmon Neo why the hate? Haha

Campaign to overturn Captain Neo’s downvote!!!

#1513 5 years ago

Hey Greg, was it a Red-headed myzomela ?

Great show btw.

#1514 5 years ago

Join Zach and Greg as they follow the migration of the black tailed Godwit. Episode 64 promises to be a refreshing take on the incredible bird watching scene in 2018

0BAFC43F-342C-40F5-8FAD-FEAC1973BCBA (resized).jpeg0BAFC43F-342C-40F5-8FAD-FEAC1973BCBA (resized).jpeg

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just realized that of all the love and upvotes on first page post by the SDTM Team, there is one lowly downvote from Captain Neo...cmon Neo why the hate? Haha
Campaign to overturn Captain Neo’s downvote!!!

Fucking Law....

#1516 5 years ago

I don't get these SDTM posts. Says "new" but is a year old. Is it easy to find the actual new content? Obviously not for this dummy.

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

I don't get these SDTM posts. Says "new" but is a year old. Is it easy to find the actual new content? Obviously not for this dummy.

You can see the latest video in the first post as well as the last post. We mark NEW because each new posting is a new video, aimed for every week.

#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Oh and MOVE YOUR CAR!!!

#1519 5 years ago

Told you guys Star Wars was the BOMB!

#1520 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Told you guys Star Wars was the BOMB!

I need to listen to you more often

#1521 5 years ago

Great show once again guys, and hate that I missed seeing you at SFGE Zach.....spent too much time trying to qualify at the tournament, only to lose in the B finals to a "Super Secret Skillshot" on IMDN, so yes, first hand knowledge that it does exist!!!

Excited that you are getting a BM66!! I told y'all at Louisville that was the pin to get, as it had really started to turn the corner with the code.....and it's improved heaps since then! I also picked up a BM66 2 months ago as well, replaced my MMR....and don't miss MMR one bit!! Enjoy BM66, and crank up the volume, as it will have you jamming out to the tunes while defeating the villains!!! It really is turning into a Stern's best effort in the last 5 years!

...and yes, Greg <==> Cockatoo!!! The resemblance is there, Greg does remind me of Fred, Baretta's old pet!!!...but then again you guys are probably too young to remember that show!!!

#1522 5 years ago

Another great show! Really liked the concept idea of sharing pinball groups/gatherings from around the world. It's amazing to me how many underground type pinball communities there are that often are in your own back yard. Great groups of people and pinball enthusiasts. Would be interesting to see not only the game rooms but the groups enjoying them. Look forward to seeing them and hope it grows to be a show segment similar to a Letterman top 10. I do hope Zach can resist the urge to flip Batman again until Lymans final curtain (1.0) is lifted. I as do many suspect this will be one of his legacy creations. Don't worry Zach, there are many that love your values in the show I think the Bone crowd is simply more outspoken and like to promote Boneism is a cult following. He's like the Ying to your Yang, a perfect team. Keep up the Great work!

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Great show once again guys, and hate that I missed seeing you at SFGE Zach.....spent too much time trying to qualify at the tournament, only to lose in the B finals to a "Super Secret Skillshot" on IMDN, so yes, first hand knowledge that it does exist!!!
Excited that you are getting a BM66!! I told y'all at Louisville that was the pin to get, as it had really started to turn the corner with the code.....and it's improved heaps since then! I also picked up a BM66 2 months ago as well, replaced my MMR....and don't miss MMR one bit!! Enjoy BM66, and crank up the volume, as it will have you jamming out to the tunes while defeating the villains!!! It really is turning into a Stern's best effort in the last 5 years!
...and yes, Greg &lt;==&gt; Cockatoo!!! The resemblance is there, Greg does remind me of Fred, Baretta's old pet!!!...but then again you guys are probably too young to remember that show!!!

Good call on the BM66, my updated owner’s take is upcoming. Greg is definitely a big ol Cockatoo.

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Another great show! Really liked the concept idea of sharing pinball groups/gatherings from around the world. It's amazing to me how many underground type pinball communities there are that often are in your own back yard. Great groups of people and pinball enthusiasts. Would be interesting to see not only the game rooms but the groups enjoying them. Look forward to seeing them and hope it grows to be a show segment similar to a Letterman top 10. I do hope Zach can resist the urge to flip Batman again until Lymans final curtain (1.0) is lifted. I as do many suspect this will be one of his legacy creations. Don't worry Zach, there are many that love your values in the show I think the Bone crowd is simply more outspoken and like to promote Boneism is a cult following. He's like the Ying to your Yang, a perfect team. Keep up the Great work!

So so kind. We shall see on BM66. Ive kinda been playing this more than I should be.

6CC068C1-10B4-415B-9C97-1D061D938085 (resized).jpeg6CC068C1-10B4-415B-9C97-1D061D938085 (resized).jpegCFE2DD97-85FD-472A-BE06-2A832976C029 (resized).jpegCFE2DD97-85FD-472A-BE06-2A832976C029 (resized).jpegF42A1BFA-EB8A-41AA-8768-C5DAEBF70D37 (resized).jpegF42A1BFA-EB8A-41AA-8768-C5DAEBF70D37 (resized).jpeg
#1525 5 years ago

Great job guys, keep it up. Love the 180 turn on SW & BM66; I did the same! Got me a SW PRO right around the same time I did a lineup shakedown a few weeks ago and with 3 new to me pins, SW is my favorite. I feel the same on BM66 and want to get one, but man, that price for admission.....im holding off for JJPOTC. And FWIW; ketchup is always better on a hot dog

#1526 5 years ago

No Ketchup! "No Dogs for You!"

HOtdog (resized).jpgHOtdog (resized).jpg
#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No Ketchup! "No Dogs for You!"

hahah good thing I live in California! Honestly, I prefer Chili or Saurkraut on my Dog; but if neither available, give me the ketchup!

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks Adam! And no I still hate them. The game would be sooo much better if the center bank was used to integrate modes better (video interaction) rather than multipliers. Multipliers should only max at 3-5x on any game and they should be earned.

Part of me agrees, part of me disagrees. I became a fan of big multipliers in GOT - integrated perfectly. Otherwise, I agree 3-5x max. However, on SW, it does open another element/dimension to the game. You can leave the multipliers on the fab-3 bank of shots (2 inner loops + left ramp) and just leave them there and do just fine points wise. Or, you can play between those 3 shots with the single higher multiplier and go for bigger points. Or, you can expand the width of the game and risk your play and move the multipliers around the width of the pf.

Now the 3-bank does get used in a few modes as well as getting some needed tie fighters and/or increasing bonus multipliers. So there is an element to its use there; but do agree they could have done more with it.

All in all. I do like the SW multiplier system as it really adds a big risk/reward feature to the game. If the multipliers didn't go up to 20x, or even 40x at times, there would be no reason to risk hitting the 3-bank or try moving the multiplier around. I mean, when you hear that 'multipliers are doubled' call out - it's so dam enticing to decide whether you want to focus on progression, or change strategics and get some big points. So it really is integrated very well when you see its risk/reward elements.

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Part of me agrees, part of me disagrees. I became a fan of big multipliers in GOT - integrated perfectly. Otherwise, I agree 3-5x max. However, on SW, it does open another element/dimension to the game. You can leave the multipliers on the fab-3 bank of shots (2 inner loops + left ramp) and just leave them there and do just fine points wise. Or, you can play between those 3 shots with the single higher multiplier and go for bigger points. Or, you can expand the width of the game and risk your play and move the multipliers around the width of the pf.
Now the 3-bank does get used in a few modes as well as getting some needed tie fighters and/or increasing bonus multipliers. So there is an element to its use there; but do agree they could have done more with it.
All in all. I do like the SW multiplier system as it really adds a big risk/reward feature to the game. If the multipliers didn't go up to 20x, or even 40x at times, there would be no reason to risk hitting the 3-bank or try moving the multiplier around. I mean, when you hear that 'multipliers are doubled' call out - it's so dam enticing to decide whether you want to focus on progression, or change strategics and get some big points. So it really is integrated very well when you see its risk/reward elements.

You make a compelling argument and I can see players enjoying that different angle playing the game. The Chuck Wurts of the world love it. The Zachs of the world get a brain freeze with too much pinball math

#1530 5 years ago

Watched the show last night while eating at my fav pizza place in NYC (johns on bleeckers - always go here when I'm traveling). People were looking at my phone like who are these two guys this guy is watching.....and pinball on top of it? It's a small place so hopefully I was able to plug your show while enjoying a meal at the same time.

First off - Zach, I love you but what in the world? BM66? I couldn't believe it - YOU couldn't believe it. Now I know pinball is a true sickness b/c I thought this day would never come. On top of that, you're breaking the rule that I have trouble with too - buying mods for a game before you get the game! Here's the problem - mods are very hard to get your money back on. They are also very expensive. Knowing how you roll and the history on this game, I doubt it's "staying" so you'll end up taking it in the pants. I always try to play it for a couple of weeks before going crazy with the mods.

Really interested n Alice Cooper and how you like it. My only real difference with your opinions and mine was on Houdini (I'll imagine you said it wasn't better than ToM) but as I thought, that game seemed to fizzle out in the zach household and is now gone. Not to say you didn't like it in the end but I think the shortcomings we all mentioned had a toll in it's rather early departure (although I get you need new pinballs for the show). With AC coming in, I'm excited to hear your thoughts. On that note, I'm excited to hear feedback on TnA. For me, that game is absolutely blowing my mind in what pinball can be considering how stripped down it is - the game is the definition of addicting and fun. I also love the music too which plays maybe the biggest role along with the sound effects.

Great job guys

#1531 5 years ago

Thanks for the East Bay Pinball League and The Flipper Room/ Phoenix Games shout-out! I was surprised to hear/see that come up while I was heading to work listening. Love your show.

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Watched the show last night while eating at my fav pizza place in NYC (johns on bleeckers - always go here when I'm traveling). People were looking at my phone like who are these two guys this guy is watching.....and pinball on top of it? It's a small place so hopefully I was able to plug your show while enjoying a meal at the same time.
First off - Zach, I love you but what in the world? BM66? I couldn't believe it - YOU couldn't believe it. Now I know pinball is a true sickness b/c I thought this day would never come. On top of that, you're breaking the rule that I have trouble with too - buying mods for a game before you get the game! Here's the problem - mods are very hard to get your money back on. They are also very expensive. Knowing how you roll and the history on this game, I doubt it's "staying" so you'll end up taking it in the pants. I always try to play it for a couple of weeks before going crazy with the mods.
Really interested n Alice Cooper and how you like it. My only real difference with your opinions and mine was on Houdini (I'll imagine you said it wasn't better than ToM) but as I thought, that game seemed to fizzle out in the zach household and is now gone. Not to say you didn't like it in the end but I think the shortcomings we all mentioned had a toll in it's rather early departure (although I get you need new pinballs for the show). With AC coming in, I'm excited to hear your thoughts. On that note, I'm excited to hear feedback on TnA. For me, that game is absolutely blowing my mind in what pinball can be considering how stripped down it is - the game is the definition of addicting and fun. I also love the music too which plays maybe the biggest role along with the sound effects.
Great job guys

Yeah I know, had to own BM66 to see what all the code hype is about plus I love modding games, but yeah I’ll lose a couple dollars because of it. Houdini is still one of my favs, better than TOM in my opinion. I’m looking forward to ACNC but will grow impatient by mid July haha.

Quoted from drypaint:

Thanks for the East Bay Pinball League and The Flipper Room/ Phoenix Games shout-out! I was surprised to hear/see that come up while I was heading to work listening. Love your show.

Thanks guys! If we are ever out that way, we would love to stop by if you’re up for it.

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks guys! If we are ever out that way, we would love to stop by if you’re up for it.

Absolutely... Anytime.

#1534 5 years ago

Hey Zach; This or That...

World Cup of Soccer
or
World Cup of Pinball

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-vote-now#post-4456111

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey Zach; This or That...
World Cup of Soccer
or
World Cup of Pinball

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-vote-now#post-4456111

Already voted and yes definitely World Cup of Pinball. Only soccer I like is WCS94 and Gottlieb Soccer

#1536 5 years ago

Zach, maybe I missed it, but what's the new grade for Star Wars now that you guys are coming around to it?

Also, do you guys have all your pin grades/ratings posted up anywhere?

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Zach, maybe I missed it, but what's the new grade for Star Wars now that you guys are coming around to it?
Also, do you guys have all your pin grades/ratings posted up anywhere?

Greg and I are both thoroughly enjoying Star Wars as owners. The most up to date scores can be found on reviewing reviews video. We are working on a process to list all scores in an easy to access format.

#1538 5 years ago

Dinner tonight....we stand UNITED Zach!!!

IMG_6177 (resized).JPGIMG_6177 (resized).JPG
#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Red on red. Put some Yellow on it.

#1540 5 years ago

I think using only ketchup on a hog dog is one of those behaviors that indicates you’re going to be become a serial killer. Haha

#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That image of those hot dogs with ketchup on them made me dry heave.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

My kinda snack there! #unitedketchup

#1543 5 years ago

C'mon bone you need to brush up on your Lost world rules... From ipdb:

Mobile Lab
Completing TREX on the inlane/outlanes lights the last completed letter's outlane/inlane light one of the letters for TREX. When the flashing letter is collected, Mobile Lab begins.

Mobile lab starts as a two-ball multiball where the goal is to shoot the spinners. Twenty spins are needed to collect the first mobile lab jackpot. When a jackpot is collected, a ball is added, up to four balls.

The first jackpot is collected at 20 spins and awards 200k.
The second jackpot is collected at 25 spins and awards 300k.
The third jackpot is collected at 40 spins and awards 400k.
The fourth jackpot is collected at 50 spins and awards 500k.

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Mobile Lab
Completing TREX on the inlane/outlanes lights the last completed letter's outlane/inlane light one of the letters for TREX. When the flashing letter is collected, Mobile Lab begins.
Mobile lab starts as a two-ball multiball where the goal is to shoot the spinners. Twenty spins are needed to collect the first mobile lab jackpot. When a jackpot is collected, a ball is added, up to four balls.

Get his ass Beebl!

#1545 5 years ago

In preparation for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

SDTM Episode 64: 2x BONUS Special - Jurassic Park and JP: The Lost World Pinball Machine Reviews

Take a ride with Zach and Greg to the world of Jurassic Park

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Mobile Lab

This mode seems fun as hell.

#1547 5 years ago

Watching Greg geek out of JP makes this a top episode poor guy has waited so long to do this review. I'm actually surprised he hasn't moved The Lost World to the place of honor between you two guys. I do own both pins and I have never made it to the wizard mode on lost world but Mobile Labs is not super hard on mine. It's just getting every mode at the same time that is such a bitch.

Zack, purple on the JP topper is sacrilege, I have red, orange, yellow LEDs across the top and it lights it up just like the backglass.

ColorDMD is amazing on both pins.

#1548 5 years ago

Nice video guys!! I’ve actually never played either of those pins. Definitely need to after watching your video, they both look fun. Love the theme of Jurassic Park, I wish there was a modern Jurassic world pin too!

#1549 5 years ago

Great timing!! As a huge JP fan, I took the afternoon off and watched the new movie. Heard bad things about it but damn - I was entertained the entire time.

Just started watching the video and that JP you run through is in REALLY good condition. Is that yours?

#1550 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great timing!! As a huge JP fan, I took the afternoon off and watched the new movie. Heard bad things about it but damn - I was entertained the entire time.
Just started watching the video and that JP you run through is in REALLY good condition. Is that yours?

It was mine at one point haha. Yeah it wa a nice one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.