bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 125.
#1401 5 years ago

I haven't even watched the video and I already know you picked potc based on all your previous comments Do we really need to keep comparing a game that isnt out to something you can actually buy and play?

#1402 5 years ago

I like to add tron vs MET

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I haven't even watched the video and I already know you picked potc based on all your previous comments Do we really need to keep comparing a game that isnt out to something you can actually buy and play?

Uhhhh totally we do. Hahaha. Inquiring minds want to know

Quoted from delt31:

I like to add tron vs MET

That’s a sneaky good one thanks!

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm off today and watching this now - really enjoy this one. I love how the show starts off (Greg says - lets kick this shit) and THEN there is a disclaimer saying this show is not always family friendly.....well yep - I can understand why! I love the let's kick this shit btw.
Pirates no question btw. Those damn IMDN songs do grow on you like you said.
Alien - still my favorite game. What a gem. Hope it gets picked up by someone reliable and I will be right back in and sell anything for it.
Zach - TBL better theme. wow. Shots fired. Alien is so sick for a theme! It's perfect. TBL is great too but not even close. The bone got this one right
TNA vs Maiden - would have liked to hear WHY though. That was a quick win for IMDN
Hilarious zoom in on the bone - wtf was that??

Thanks for checking out the episode Delt. We are trying to keep our opinions of TNA for our upcoming review.

Quoted from C_S_S:

Prediction...pain.

Fact....Greg is painful to sit next

#1405 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks for checking out the episode Delt. We are trying to keep our opinions of TNA for our upcoming review.

Fact....Greg is painful to sit next

Interesting. Based on how it was passed so quickly on anything it went against, I'm expecting a negative review......and then pinside is going to lose it's mind! haha

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting. Based on how it was passed so quickly on anything it went against, I'm expecting a negative review......and then pinside is going to lose it's mind! haha

Nah that game is great....ish. Haha stay tuned

#1407 5 years ago

Can't wait!!!

btw - I was just watching your IJ (as I'm definitely going to buy ----and keep----one) and it's amazing how much the show has grown. Great work guys

Speaking of IJ - I want to buy the one in that video - looked nice.

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can't wait!!!
btw - I was just watching your IJ (as I'm definitely going to buy ----and keep----one) and it's amazing how much the show has grown. Great work guys
Speaking of IJ - I want to buy the one in that video - looked nice.

Boy oh boy yeah the show is a lot different now haha. We still have a way to go though.

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Agreed no need for me to listen to this one, we get it you don't like Maiden music/theme... catch you on the next show.

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed no need for me to listen to this one, we get it you don't like Maiden music/theme... catch you on the next show.

That segment may be 1 minute long. What about the hot dogs?!?!

#1411 5 years ago

POTC is a beautiful game. I just wish it had more humor. And that all the movies weren’t “qualify, shoot characters, multiball, wizard”. 5x times. If each movie had a unique personality (which it does in the wizard mode only), I think I’d be more excited about it.

Anyway for now I went with IMDN. When POTC ships late fall I think about it again.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What about the hot dogs?!?!

why choose, both cheeseburger and hot dog (or brat), with mustard and Arbys curly fries.

you guys need to branch out a bit, go a little more old school (not crazy though won't force you in EM land).. Centaur or Fathom?? that's a real question!

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

...And that all the movies weren’t “qualify, shoot characters, multiball, wizard”. 5x times. If each movie had a unique personality...

For real. As it sits now it doesn't interest me much.

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

why choose, both cheeseburger and hot dog (or brat), with mustard and Arbys curly fries.
you guys need to branch out a bit, go a little more old school (not crazy though won't force you in EM land).. Centaur or Fathom?? that's a real question!

We will be happy to include that one thanks!! And I guess you must be one of those gluten free vegans haha

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

POTC is a beautiful game. I just wish it had more humor. And that all the movies weren’t “qualify, shoot characters, multiball, wizard”. 5x times. If each movie had a unique personality (which it does in the wizard mode only), I think I’d be more excited about it.
Anyway for now I went with IMDN. When POTC ships late fall I think about it again.

Quoted from TheLaw:

For real. As it sits now it doesn't interest me much.

Have you guys played potc yet?

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yah, about 8 games at Golden Gate Pinball festival. best looking hardware at the show. We played back to back POTC and Iron maiden for some hours. Waiting in line.

My 10 year old daughter had a lot more fun on IMDN. As did I, so we bought a premium. I'm still seriously thinking of a POTC some day, but struggling with it.

#1417 5 years ago

Cheeseburgers all day over hot dogs btw

#1418 5 years ago

Great episode again guys, plus I realised Greg is secretly a movie star, watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last night and thought “I know this guy he looks familiar, that beard!?” started watching your episode today and ureka it clicked!

Greg meet Greg
61EE45A7-AFCF-4A85-B6E8-DD9C71774DAD (resized).jpeg61EE45A7-AFCF-4A85-B6E8-DD9C71774DAD (resized).jpeg

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Played it very briefly, so I haven't made an decisions aboot the play itself; I was just shocked out how "non movie" it was. I've always said their are 2 types of people one whom get excited aboot seeing an early game and those that don't; I'm usually in the latter category. I mean they HAVE to be adding a ton of shit from the movies or you're just playing a game with a map and little avatars on it.
EDIT: I'm not even a fan of the movies but jeez peope probably want some POTC on their POTC machine?

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yah, about 8 games at Golden Gate Pinball festival. best looking hardware at the show. We played back to back POTC and Iron maiden for some hours. Waiting in line.
My 10 year old daughter had a lot more fun on IMDN. As did I, so we bought a premium. I'm still seriously thinking of a POTC some day, but struggling with it.

Hell yeah I can’t stop playing imdn at the moment. I haven’t got my hands on a prem/LE yet.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Played it very briefly, so I haven't made an decisions aboot the play itself; I was just shocked out how "non movie" it was. I've always said their are 2 types of people one whom get excited aboot seeing an early game and those that don't; I'm usually in the latter category. I mean they HAVE to be adding a ton of shit from the movies or you're just playing a game with a map and little avatars on it.
EDIT: I'm not even a fan of the movies but jeez peope probably want some POTC on their POTC machine?

I can respect that opinion. Potc as a theme isn’t strong for me, so I relish the pirate theme as a whole.

#1421 5 years ago

Good episode - love the Greg slow mo

Also, I was on pins and needles watching Hobbit possibly beat Iron Maiden by proxy over Guardians. Maiden fans would lose it. LOL (I can't say I prefer Iron Maiden over Hobbit because I haven't played it yet, but it will be hard from IMDN to beat Hobbit in my book - and the next code update may make that more likely). And yes, the theme really hurts it for me as well. This is a bummer man... that's uh... that's a bummer... (The Dude)

Anyway, to add my This or That:

TRON PRO vs Iron Man VE

EDIT: And to help pronouncing my name it is Gor-onic not Goro-nic.

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Potc as a theme isn’t strong for me, so I relish the pirate theme as a whole.

I get that but at the same time don't think it's fair to give jjp a pass on this. IMDN gets bashed as a theme (rightly so in many ways) but jjp puts out a potc game without the main character and no film assets or sounds for the most part. So why does that turn into an "it's ok, it's just a generic pirate theme pin". If stern did that people would lose there shit (see xmen and gotg voices).

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hell yeah I can’t stop playing imdn at the moment. I haven’t got my hands on a prem/LE yet.

Wait, you haven't played IMDN LE? I thought this review was about comparing the LE models. Good thing I didn't watch! Zach, you gotta play the LE and then come back. I switched from POTC LE to IMDN LE and have no regrets, having played both.

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Potc as a theme isn’t strong for me, so I relish the pirate theme as a whole.

I feel the same way; so i say give me some pirate shit instead of a corner burnt-map and little avatars. Black rose figured it out and that game blows

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I get that but at the same time don't think it's fair to give jjp a pass on this. IMDN gets bashed as a theme (rightly so in many ways) but jjp puts out a potc game without the main character and no film assets or sounds for the most part. So why does that turn into an "it's ok, it's just a generic pirate theme pin". If stern did that people would lose there shit (see xmen and gotg voices).

Exactly my point Gentry. If stern did that then it would be crap because they have no toys or immersion or interaction like the innovation in a jjp. That’s why they get more flexibility. Stern has licenses that kill the competition, so when they are wrong, you’re left with relying solely on gameplay alone. For Iron Maiden it works bc the layout and code are greatness. Keep in mind the only pins I’m playing at the moment are imdn and swprem so I love stern. No bashing here just calling it as it is

Quoted from dts:

Wait, you haven't played IMDN LE? I thought this review was about comparing the LE models. Good thing I didn't watch! Zach, you gotta play the LE and then come back. I switched from POTC LE to IMDN LE and have no regrets, having played both.

Oh I will. I’ll play it and will report back, that way you can finally watch the episode

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh I will. I’ll play it and will report back, that way you can finally watch the episode

Sounds like a plan! In all fairness, much as I love IMDN, I've only had it two weeks. So it will be interesting to see if it sustains interest over time and is a permanent fixture or rotated out. POTC was incredibly fun, so much so that I went into TPF thinking, I'll never buy a machine from that franchise. I came out the other side thinking, this is excellent, just a pirates themed game. So you never know, maybe you will change my mind!

#1427 5 years ago

I own IMDN (Pro) and think it’s one of the best pins ever. That said, I’d take a JJPOTC easy over an IMDN-LE. Now IMDN PRO + $4500 or JJPOTC, that’s a tough one.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I own IMDN (Pro) and think it’s one of the best pins ever. That said, I’d take a JJPOTC easy over an IMDN-LE. Now IMDN PRO + $4500 or JJPOTC, that’s a tough one.

Absolutely, the decision gets a lot tougher when considering a pro plus cash. IMDNpro is about the Best Stern Pro out there.

#1429 5 years ago

Finally played an Iron Maiden tonight, I’m impressed. It was a fun pin. Love the shots and layout, but I have to agree with you Zach, I don’t like the theme.

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If it is a money decision, you are probably still better off buying an IMDN LE for $9k than JJPOTC LE for $9.5k. The reason would be that you will immediately lose $1000 on the JJPOTC as it is less collectible and will be available for a long time. The IMDN LE, on the other hand, sold out more quickly, is truly more limited, and is more likely to hold value or even go up if you look at other recent examples. If the pro is one of the best pins ever, the le will just build on that. But if any of us are in this for money, we are definitely in the wrong place.

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Finally played an Iron Maiden tonight, I’m impressed. It was a fun pin. Love the shots and layout, but I have to agree with you Zach, I don’t like the theme.

Glad you enjoyed it buddy. What machine you been playin lately?

Quoted from dts:

If it is a money decision, you are probably still better off buying an IMDN LE for $9k than JJPOTC LE for $9.5k. The reason would be that you will immediately lose $1000 on the JJPOTC as it is less collectible and will be available for a long time. The IMDN LE, on the other hand, sold out more quickly, is truly more limited, and is more likely to hold value or even go up if you look at other recent examples. If the pro is one of the best pins ever, the le will just build on that. But if any of us are in this for money, we are definitely in the wrong place.

Good points I agree it will hold value better than JJP POTC. But for me, owning a pro then being able to afford another awesome pin like a TWDpro or Whitewater or something would be much better

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Glad you enjoyed it buddy. What machine you been playin lately

I’ve been playing LOTR and Dialed In. LOTR has become my wife’s favorite. It’s nice to enjoy the hobby together. Definitely would like to spend some more time on Iron Maiden.

#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Good points I agree it will hold value better than JJP POTC. But for me, owning a pro then being able to afford another awesome pin like a TWDpro or Whitewater or something would be much better

Wonder why great built JJP games don't hold their value as well as "supposedly" low quality games such as IMDN? JJP POTC was announced what like a year ago? Have they even shipped one yet? Things that make you go Hmm........

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wonder why great built JJP games don't hold their value as well as "supposedly" low quality games such as IMDN? JJP POTC was announced what like a year ago? Have they even shipped one yet? Things that make you go Hmm........

I think the main reason is just because JJP games are all still available to buy NIB. If they ceased production HUO values would go up. Higher value Stern games that are still in production are the same way. Wealthy buyers aren't going to buy used just to save a measly $500-$1000.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I hear ya, but, seriously, the fact that a rapper could legit work in Munchhausen's syndrome by proxy into a song listened to by millions... You have to respect that to some extent.

Quoted by keefer I feel so honoured. Hopefully he likes my ideas for video mode for Potc.

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who Dey most of your arguments hold water but comparing quality between stern and jjp is a bit silly. Wasn’t going to mention it, but yeah, my Iron Maiden came with busted cabinet.

#1437 5 years ago

The IMDN owner act just like the kid with ball and bat. If he can't be the star player and pitcher, well he takes his things and goes home stomping their feet. It's only a game, so play it if you enjoy it. Some people won't drink the kool ade. Ok lets see this thread light up.

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Who Dey most of your arguments hold water but comparing quality between stern and jjp is a bit silly. Wasn’t going to mention it, but yeah, my Iron Maiden came with busted cabinet.

I never once compared quality between Stern and JJP, read my post again. I have no doubt that JJP is higher quality. What i said was i wonder why a such a high quality game loses more value than a "supposedly" low quality game? Also if your game came with a busted cabinet i would rather you let us know instead of hiding information like that because you are in fact reviewing the games good or bad. Please do not keep info like that from us and even take pictures and show us.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Probably because quality is not the only thing that matters. I am a big JJP fan and whatever you say or arguments you give, if I play my BM66LE or GOTGLE it is a very different feeling opposed to the Hobbit or Dialed In. The quality and attention to detail on every aspect of the JJP machines just is way better than that of Stern, not only built quality but also the graphics on the LCD. Artwise Stern made a big recovery since they brought in Franchi and Yeti.

BUT the sterns are not bad games. The enjoyment you get out of them is very good. And the problem now with the POTC is that I see everybody playing it (JJP themselves every week). At this point it begins to feel like an old game and I never played it ! It seems I ordered it eons ago and the excitement is fading already. Also I agree that every mode looks the same, but I will reserve final judgment on that until I get to play one.

For me the this or that would be in favor of the IMDN LE right now, as much as I love JJP.

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

The quality and attention to detail on every aspect of the JJP machines just is way better than that of Stern,

I 100% believe that and i would hope that its true considering the prices of their games. Oh yeah and don't forget Dirty Donnie also, he is awesome as well.

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I 100% believe that and i would hope that its true considering the prices of their games. Oh yeah and don't forget Dirty Donnie also, he is awesome as well.

Very true. I had him in my post before, but he has been doing work for Stern before. He just was not enough to cover all the games Stern pump out, so since they let more real artists make the machines, they have gotten MUCH better (the ones that DD could not do I mean).

edit: by the way: here in Europe the Stern LE's are more expensive than the JJP LE's ! I think that is ridiculous.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

JJP does AWESOME games, hope to own another. But the experience for operators seems different. I was down at TPF and went to Cidercade afterwards to play some more. All JJP games were gone to storage. Why? I asked a tech. Continuous maintenance on WOZ, Hobbit, DI at their location. Stern? Great.

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Continuous maintenance on WOZ, Hobbit, DI at their location.

That hasn't been my experience. WOZ in almost 5 years - replaced a cracked ramp. Hobbit in about 2 1/2 years - one busted pop bumper bracket, one sticky pop up character, one broken slingshot. Dialed In, in one year. Busted trap door flap, bent trap door assembly forward a tiny bit, and bios on motherboard got corrupted and needed a little tweaking.

This doesn't include normal cleaning and waxing and replacing rubber rings and flipper rebuilds.

For the amount of play they get, I've found them to be very reliable.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I do tech support for JJP. So take anything I say knowing that.

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That hasn't been my experience. WOZ in almost 5 years - replaced a cracked ramp. Hobbit in about 2 1/2 years - one busted pop bumper bracket, one sticky pop up character, one broken slingshot. Dialed In, in one year. Busted trap door flap, bent trap door assembly forward a tiny bit, and bios on motherboard got corrupted and needed a little tweaking.
This doesn't include normal cleaning and waxing and replacing rubber rings and flipper rebuilds.
For the amount of play they get, I've found them to be very reliable.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : I do tech support for JJP. So take anything I say knowing that.

Coming from you, that is good as gold. I’m really glad to hear that and will definitely get another JJP in the future! Maybe a WOZ since I’m from Kansas.

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I never once compared quality between Stern and JJP, read my post again. I have no doubt that JJP is higher quality. What i said was i wonder why a such a high quality game loses more value than a "supposedly" low quality game? Also if your game came with a busted cabinet i would rather you let us know instead of hiding information like that because you are in fact reviewing the games good or bad. Please do not keep info like that from us and even take pictures and show us.

It was undetermined if it was shipper’s fault as well but it’s being taken care of. My gb had cabinet split too.

Oh yeah and for all of you mustard fans out there

60F28C0E-C357-4640-8B09-5ADB12D2DC4A (resized).jpeg60F28C0E-C357-4640-8B09-5ADB12D2DC4A (resized).jpeg
#1446 5 years ago

That is certainly a possibility, especially if tow motor drivers handled it like the dummies that work where i do. "Oh hey the box says fragile on it, i think im going to be an asshole and slam it around and tear up some rich guys new toy!"

As for the Hot dogs, all beef franks are gross and where is the chilli sauce and cheese at???

#1447 5 years ago

why the hell isn't that bun toasted on the grill? good lord zach - is that the way the mid west rolls?

#1448 5 years ago

ZMeny. I'm looking to get another pin soon. Something for the kids and the kid in me. I think you said Guardians of the Galaxy is really getting better with the code updates. So I'm checking out the splash page and I see who's doing the software. Then I say to myself, Aerosmith is not up to code. Pick another pin. What say you.
Hot dog with mustard . thanks

#1449 5 years ago

Check out BM66 for the kid in you and your kids. It just got a code update and is great fun!

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

ZMeny. I'm looking to get another pin soon. Something for the kids and the kid in me. I think you said Guardians of the Galaxy is really getting better with the code updates. So I'm checking out the splash page and I see who's doing the software. Then I say to myself, Aerosmith is not up to code. Pick another pin. What say you.
Hot dog with mustard . thanks

AS actually has a pretty good code and its near complete. Its also getting an update this summer which im thinking may be a final polish possibly. GOTG is a good game also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.