bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 125.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

come on seriously?
Bring what's his name back!!

Prepare for the Return of What’s His Name!!

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Prepare for the Return of What’s His Name!!

But will it be as his hillbilly pirate or hillbilly Indiana Jones persona? I can't wait to find out on the next exciting episode of STDM...

#1203 5 years ago

REMINDER: Win a free set of Pin Stadium Lights by tuning in LIVE tonight at 8e/7c @sdtmpinball for SDTM’s Iron Maiden LE Twitch Stream with Chuck Wurt and Scott from Pin Stadium Lights!!!

96D94C26-6B2C-46FD-8F11-57D81CAA5051 (resized).jpeg96D94C26-6B2C-46FD-8F11-57D81CAA5051 (resized).jpeg

#1204 5 years ago

Up The Irons Behotches!!!!

SDTM Episode 61: Iron Maiden Machine Review

The return of Greg and he is filthier than ever! Greg and Zach overview and review Stern’s Iron Maiden pinball machine. We’ve given our grades, now it’s time for you to give yours!

#1205 5 years ago

How can you rate such a game like POTC which shoots very slow and boring compared to Iron Maiden and not only that has nothing to do with the movies either and yes I’m talking about pirates where they can’t use any clips with actors or any call outs from the movie either. Iron Maiden crushes POTC on all levels; I just don’t get your review ohh well especially the animations on maiden which are great as well just my two cents

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How can you rate such a game like POTC which shoots very slow and boring compared to Iron Maiden

Becasue speed has nothing to do with the ratings/goodness of a game.

But I do agree

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How can you rate such a game like POTC which shoots very slow and boring compared to Iron Maiden and not only that has nothing to do with the movies either and yes I’m talking about pirates where they can’t use any clips with actors or any call outs from the movie either. Iron Maiden crushes POTC on all levels; I just don’t get your review ohh well especially the animations on maiden which are great as well just my two cents

Gosh darn it man; is your period key busticated?

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Gosh darn it man; is your period key busticated?

Yeah sorry was just going nuts after watching this crappy review of such a great pin; ohh well

#1209 5 years ago

Iron Maiden is like that girl that is “really fun” but your ashamed to be seen in front of your friends and family with because of the “theme”. It’s a Controversial theme, some people would feel embarrassed to own it. It’s polarizing, it’s like a having a Republican or Democratic Pin, Automatically 50% of the people will dislike it and have a hard time getting over it.

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Iron Maiden crushes POTC on all levels;

All levels huh? And you think Zach's review sucks?

So, just picking two....Do you think IMDN has better toys than a rocking pirate ship upper playfield? Or better display and animations?

I love the IMDN layout too, and agree with Zach that the theme will most definitely keep me from owning this pin.

If you can get past the theme, then congrats you have a great pin that you would be proud to own. Me, not so much.

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah sorry was just going nuts after watching this crappy review of such a great pin; ohh well

Your comments are about as exaggerated as my review hahaha. We love ya still though even if you prefer bad music great machine though.

Quoted from TheGunnett:

Iron Maiden is like that girl that is “really fun” but your ashamed to be seen in front of your friends and family with because of the “theme”. It’s a Controversial theme, some people would feel embarrassed to own it. It’s polarizing, it’s like a having a Republican or Democratic Pin, Automatically 50% of the people will dislike it and have a hard time getting over it.

My argument is that there are so many wonderful themes out there I just don’t think Iron Maiden is universally one of them. Just think what the theme would have done if the design and rules were different. Now that’s scary. I thought potc theme was bad but it looks like gold compared to Iron Maiden. Haha I kid I kid....but not really

#1212 5 years ago

You guys have to accept you are THE VOICE of the community. So when you rank a pin really low like this, it gives us N00bs HUGE pause from making a purchase.

But basically, you love the game/rules. Hate the theme. So this shoots it to the bottom of your list. Even below a lot of "meh" pins. Because you REALLY hate the theme, and gave it a D there.

So I guess as a community leader, you can review a pin based on what Zach likes personally. Or on the execution of a product as a whole. I think most of us are used to product reviews where it's ranked as a product objectively. Not personally. I think this is why we're all dazed and confused when a guy we (I) really look up to, ranks something so low. When we expected the opposite. But it's because it's a rating based on personal taste. Not an objective view of a product.

Anyway - I've come to peace with the fact that Zach hates IMDN metal, and this colored the result. If you take that component out of the review, I think the pin would be a top 5 for you?

I'm looking at it as a "monster" pin, with music to match. So then it's not about the pin or the music. It's about shooting down monsters, with a super high energy sound track. When I think of it this way, it's a must own. When I think of it as a statement of "I love this band", I don't want to go there.

#1213 5 years ago

I agree with you Zach. I know it’s not a popular opinion on pinside, but I do not like Iron Maiden the band. Layout and shots look great. I have yet to play the pin, hopefully there will be one on location near me soon. I’d love to get some time on the pin to see if maybe I can learn to like Iron Maiden.

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

So when you rank a pin really low like this

Are B+, and B scores really low now?

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

You guys have to accept you are THE VOICE of the community....

rn (resized).jpgrn (resized).jpg

#1216 5 years ago

I’ve played both and there is no way pirates is better then Iron Maiden. Maiden is a very unique layout that keeps you on your toes. POTC let’s see they stripped stuff from the game to start ohh and no call outs from the movie or clips either with any of the actors from it either and they are way behind to each their own but if you are a true player; maiden is the clear winner might just be that Zach likes his games to play slow and stop and go which is fine

#1217 5 years ago

As an owner of Maiden, I have to agree almost 100% with zach. I've always not liked this band, and even though it's acceptable in a pinball, it really isn't nice to look at and you just play it thinking what could of been with a good theme.

The pin shoots SO well though - it's such a damn shame. What I don't agree with is the animations and display (or as Greg says - DIIIIIIISPLAY) as I think they did a good job. The match one especially (zach mentioned as well) - is one of the best.

Code is great too. Just continue to not love the theme.

#1218 5 years ago

If this is a grail pin for you - or you love Iron Maiden music you have a winner for sure. For people that aren't in that category, it is going to take a hit in the reviews.

Quoted from musketd:

to each their own

100% agree with this. If we all just loved MM, AMF, and MB then why even buy anything else? Some will like JJP POTC more than IMDN, and others vice versa. All good man. We need people to like and buy different pins from different companies to keep the competition going.

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

. . . it really isn't nice to look at . . .

I've heard this statement multiple times now and I don't get it. How is it that IMDN isn't nice to look at, but TWD (one of Stern's most popular games) is perfectly okay?

IMDN's art depicts demons, but in a cartoonish (for lack of a better word) way, whereas TWD's backglass shows very realistic looking zombies.

IMDN's video again shows demons in a cartoonish format, whereas TWD's video has zombies' heads being split open with a crowbar or zombies eating people.

To each his own I suppose, but I've never found TWD's art package to be remotely appealing and will never have one in my home for that simple reason alone.

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've heard this statement multiple times now and I don't get it. How is it that IMDN isn't nice to look at, but TWD (one of Stern's most popular games) is perfectly okay?
IMDN's art depicts demons, but in a cartoonish (for lack of a better word) way, whereas TWD's backglass shows very realistic looking zombies.
IMDN's video again shows demons in a cartoonish format, whereas TWD's video has zombies' heads being split open with a crowbar or shot in the head.
To each his own I suppose, but I've never found TWD's art package to be remotely appealing and will never have one in my home for that simple reason alone.

I don't like TWD art package either - especially the playfield. In fact I think IMDN is better looking than TWD.

Eddie (for me) is just not what i'm looking to see. The same character dressed up in multiple ways - it just seems really childish. I get it and why people love it so that's fine. Just not for me. I will say that I like the side art on the game (whatever Eddy that is carrying the flag). That's pretty cool.

#1221 5 years ago

The theme itself isn’t for me but the game is fun to shoot. The one I played was in a noisy bar so I couldn’t hear much of the music (maybe that was good).

I like the Eddie character so he doesn’t bother me all that much. It just can’t really get into the band.

If a retheme to a different band was possible I’d be all over a Five Finger Death Punch Pin. Eddie gets replaced with knucklehead and I’d be all over this pin.

I still want this machine despite my overall displeasure with the theme.

89D7D475-163E-421D-BC38-33968E39EDBF (resized).jpeg89D7D475-163E-421D-BC38-33968E39EDBF (resized).jpeg

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The theme itself isn’t for me but the game is fun to shoot. The one I played was in a noisy bar so I couldn’t hear much of the music (maybe that was good).
I like the Eddie character so he doesn’t bother me all that much. It just can’t really get into the band.
If a retheme to a different band was possible I’d be all over a Five Finger Death Punch Pin. Eddie gets replaced with knucklehead and I’d be all over this pin.
I still want this machine despite my overall displeasure with the theme.

Yeah - it's a fantastic shooter.

#1223 5 years ago

I thought the review was fair enough for a couple of guys who aren’t Maiden fans, though the theme score of D wasn’t well considered.

You may hate Maiden but there is no arguing that the stories from their songs, their mascot Eddie, etc. are perfect to base a kick ass pinball machine on. So theme deserves a higher score.

This game will be a timeless classic esp. for anyone who is a fan of the band.

I’m thankful they didn’t waste it on a disposable theme like Guardians, which nobody will care about in 10 years after Disney releases 500 other forgetable super hero movies.

#1224 5 years ago

Oh boy Zach looks like you and Greg have opened up a can of worms. Im going to watch the show tomorrow and see what all of the fuss is about. I will try and take it easy on you guys because i like you but if i have to unload on you a little bit don't take it personal because you know i still love you guys!

#1225 5 years ago

Yes next time I'll watch show before reading the post. I should have known it would be a "Spoiler Alert"

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Are B+, and B scores really low now?

Well, let's just say the Hobbit kicked it's ass. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Actually, almost every pin kicked its ass if you look at Zach's grading list. The only pins to score lower for Zach:

1. Black Rose (basically a tie)
2. Rob Zombie
3. Johnny mnemonic
4. Lethal Weapon 3.

So yes, I'd say it scored low

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

You guys have to accept you are THE VOICE of the community. So when you rank a pin really low like this, it gives us N00bs HUGE pause from making a purchase.
But basically, you love the game/rules. Hate the theme. So this shoots it to the bottom of your list. Even below a lot of "meh" pins. Because you REALLY hate the theme, and gave it a D there.
So I guess as a community leader, you can review a pin based on what Zach likes personally. Or on the execution of a product as a whole. I think most of us are used to product reviews where it's ranked as a product objectively. Not personally. I think this is why we're all dazed and confused when a guy we (I) really look up to, ranks something so low. When we expected the opposite. But it's because it's a rating based on personal taste. Not an objective view of a product.
Anyway - I've come to peace with the fact that Zach hates IMDN metal, and this colored the result. If you take that component out of the review, I think the pin would be a top 5 for you?
I'm looking at it as a "monster" pin, with music to match. So then it's not about the pin or the music. It's about shooting down monsters, with a super high energy sound track. When I think of it this way, it's a must own. When I think of it as a statement of "I love this band", I don't want to go there.

A lot of kind words in there which I very much appreciate, as well as you giving some feedback. Thank you.

Greg and I discussed early on which way to go with reviews, objective or personal opinion. We decided to strattle the line if you will, giving weight to both aspects of a review. At the end of the day, we are no more experts than any of us, but we love having fun and providing pinball content.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

IMDN's video again shows demons in a cartoonish format, whereas TWD's video has zombies' heads being split open with a crowbar or zombies eating people.

TWD art package is unbelievably bad. IMDN has exceptional art but I don’t like looking at it.

Quoted from Fytr:

I thought the review was fair enough for a couple of guys who aren’t Maiden fans, though the theme score of D wasn’t well considered.
You may hate Maiden but there is no arguing that the stories from their songs, their mascot Eddie, etc. are perfect to base a kick ass pinball machine on. So theme deserves a higher score.
This game will be a timeless classic esp. for anyone who is a fan of the band.
I’m thankful they didn’t waste it on a disposable theme like Guardians, which nobody will care about in 10 years after Disney releases 500 other forgetable super hero movies.

That’s just like, your opinion man. Haha very good points

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh boy Zach looks like you and Greg have opened up a can of worms. Im going to watch the show tomorrow and see what all of the fuss is about. I will try and take it easy on you guys because i like you but if i have to unload on you a little bit don't take it personal because you know i still love you guys!

Without question, bring it.

#1228 5 years ago

Zach and Greg’s show is made for entertainment purposes. I also happen to agree with their review, and while I agree that people respect their opinions, do you really think people decided not to buy Iron Maiden based off of their review? There are so many threads on Pinside about the game that it will make your head spin, Dead Flip streams, YouTube videos, and the game is readily available on location to play yourself and form your own opinion. At the end of the day it’s a great new Stern game but it’s not for everyone. Most people can decide that on their own without SDTM telling them what to do.

#1229 5 years ago

Reviews should be Objective in my opinion... facts for what is presented as a product. Being subjective is offering up your own personal opinion, which is what this review is when it comes to theme.

Zach, does the game work out it's theme well, or could the designers have done something better with the theme used?

Remember, Iron Maiden is THE theme... so you are stuck with the theme and should review it as such.

Just my 2 cents.

#1230 5 years ago

It's just 2 guys opinion. Some of the IM owners act like Zack and Greg just kicked their puppy or something. So they think the band sucks and they hate the theme, so what. Lots of people are going to feel that way. If you enjoy the theme then that is great for you. It can't come as much of a surprise that they like POTC better as they seem really into interactive toys which IM doesn't really have.

There's lots of great pinball options out there for just about anyone's taste in pinball right now. These are nothing more then Zack and Greg's personal views on the games. If you are using their views to decide if a game is right for you then you need to stop. Go play the games and decide for yourself. Everyone likes different stuff.

#1231 5 years ago

Just finally finished the episode. When you made your comment about stripping off the Iron Maiden theme and re-theming...I immediately thought about Jaws. What a possible use for that target when you have to shoot the O2 tank by hitting the center ramp target dead center. Does Iron Maiden make use of that target like that, or is it just about amount of points based on which ring you hit?

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I can't thumbs up this statement enough. Admittedly I'm not in touch with my inner comic book self, but I've never heard of 90% of the supheroes coming out in movies these days. I don't blame Disney for flogging this for everything it's worth, when Deadpool 2 makes over $150M on it's opening weekend even though I've heard it's only a mediocre movie.

#1233 5 years ago

Perfectly fine to give the theme a D. If you’re reviewing the game and you think the theme is awful, then the theme portion of your rating will be bad and drag down the overall score.

Comparing that overall score to other games is pointless imo. Those other games’ overall scores most likely have completely different reasons as to why they were rated that way.

Oh and also, these reviews are for entertainment purposes. These guys make reviews fun. Best way to decide if you want a game is the same way these guys did. Play it.

#1234 5 years ago

This wasn't a crappy review, you just need to look at/consider the categories separately.
Theme is a totally subjective category anyway - So just remove the Theme category, and you have a pretty accurate review.

#1235 5 years ago

I have not played Iron Maiden yet. I will get a LE or Prem, cause I am a big Iron Maiden fan. But after reading all this and after this episode it's clear, that this game is special. Perhaps the best game in a long time. Why am I so sure about this?
There are so many in my opinion bad themes out there: Dialed In is a stupid idea, I had a WOZ and also it's a good game I could not stand the theme, WWE, Aerosmith, Mustang, Batman 66, Transformers, BBH, Wheel of fortune........I can go on and on about bad themes. But I got never the idea that there should be a rethemed one of them. All this uproar that this game should have an other theme, everytime I see Zachs face when he wishes that this game should have been Guardians it makes one thing clear for me. This must be a hell of a game and as an Iron Maiden fan I can't wait to get it in my house!!!

#1236 5 years ago

Just a word on reviews. In order to really understand a review, you need to get to know the reviewer(s). Read or watch some of their reviews to get a feel for what they like or dislike and what they favor to what they disfavor. That way you can learn whether or not their system or way of reviewing something fits in with your personal criteria. I read lots of reviews from people that I personally disagree with their rating criteria. However, understanding that criteria allows me to better know whether or not that review is helpful for me when I am looking at buying something or seeing a movie, etc. Can't get upset about someone's subjective opinion. That's one of the reasons that SDTM is a good source for getting reviews because you have TWO guys giving their opinion. I find myself in between Greg and Zach on a lot of titles. In some categories I may agree with one more than the other. Much more informative than just having one person's perspective...especially when they tend to disagree in some categories. Keep up the good work guys!

#1237 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I find myself in between Greg and Zach

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Most people can decide that on their own without SDTM telling them what to do.

You obviously have not seen all the "what game should I buy next" threads from people who apparently can't make up their own mind on.... what game they should buy next

#1239 5 years ago

Okay, jgentry, I walked right into that one.

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Zach and Greg’s show is made for entertainment purposes. I also happen to agree with their review, and while I agree that people respect their opinions, do you really think people decided not to buy Iron Maiden based off of their review? There are so many threads on Pinside about the game that it will make your head spin, Dead Flip streams, YouTube videos, and the game is readily available on location to play yourself and form your own opinion. At the end of the day it’s a great new Stern game but it’s not for everyone. Most people can decide that on their own without SDTM telling them what to do.

(Sigh) But I like telling people what to do Eric....

Quoted from jefryan:

Reviews should be Objective in my opinion... facts for what is presented as a product. Being subjective is offering up your own personal opinion, which is what this review is when it comes to theme.
Zach, does the game work out it's theme well, or could the designers have done something better with the theme used?
Remember, Iron Maiden is THE theme... so you are stuck with the theme and should review it as such.
Just my 2 cents.

Your 2 cents are important to us. I still think there has to be a mix of objective and subjective with something like theme. I don’t care how well integrated a Thunderbirds pinball machine is, the theme is still shit for 2018. I hear ya though and happy to remind myself for future reviews.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Perfectly fine to give the theme a D. If you’re reviewing the game and you think the theme is awful, then the theme portion of your rating will be bad and drag down the overall score.
Comparing that overall score to other games is pointless imo. Those other games’ overall scores most likely have completely different reasons as to why they were rated that way.
Oh and also, these reviews are for entertainment purposes. These guys make reviews fun. Best way to decide if you want a game is the same way these guys did. Play it.

Our overall ratings are the reflection of the Overall package a machine has to offer, this the variation. If someone cares more about on aspect than the other, they can lean on those categories. This is why greg and I knew it was important to grade each category. Cool stuff in the works with these ratings.

So true which is why we love Chuck Wurt being part of the SDTM team. He and I play pinball totally different and disagree on many pins. That’s what make pinball great, different angles that all lead to enjoyment. Thanks CW. Oh and people should totally listen to me about what machines to buy because I’m kinda right haha. I would wholeheartedly recommend buying Iron Maiden for a pinball enthusiast, not so much for others such as a family looking for a fun way to shoot pinball for their first pin.

Quoted from Asael:

I have not played Iron Maiden yet. I will get a LE or Prem, cause I am a big Iron Maiden fan. But after reading all this and after this episode it's clear, that this game is special. Perhaps the best game in a long time. Why am I so sure about this?
There are so many in my opinion bad themes out there: Dialed In is a stupid idea, I had a WOZ and also it's a good game I could not stand the theme, WWE, Aerosmith, Mustang, Batman 66, Transformers, BBH, Wheel of fortune........I can go on and on about bad themes. But I got never the idea that there should be a rethemed one of them. All this uproar that this game should have an other theme, everytime I see Zachs face when he wishes that this game should have been Guardians it makes one thing clear for me. This must be a hell of a game and as an Iron Maiden fan I can't wait to get it in my house!!!

You will be thrilled!!! It’s effin great to shoot and the rules are fantastic! I’m pumped for you.

Quoted from Crile1:

Just a word on reviews. In order to really understand a review, you need to get to know the reviewer(s). Read or watch some of their reviews to get a feel for what they like or dislike and what they favor to what they disfavor. That way you can learn whether or not their system or way of reviewing something fits in with your personal criteria. I read lots of reviews from people that I personally disagree with their rating criteria. However, understanding that criteria allows me to better know whether or not that review is helpful for me when I am looking at buying something or seeing a movie, etc. Can't get upset about someone's subjective opinion. That's one of the reasons that SDTM is a good source for getting reviews because you have TWO guys giving their opinion. I find myself in between Greg and Zach on a lot of titles. In some categories I may agree with one more than the other. Much more informative than just having one person's perspective...especially when they tend to disagree in some categories. Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks as always buddy! We figure our rating system is at least a good attempt to add quantifiable data to pinball opinions. To us, it’s better than “buy it or pass on it.” That type of system isn’t deep enough and allows for too much discrepancy.

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just finally finished the episode. When you made your comment about stripping off the Iron Maiden theme and re-theming...I immediately thought about Jaws. What a possible use for that target when you have to shoot the O2 tank by hitting the center ramp target dead center. Does Iron Maiden make use of that target like that, or is it just about amount of points based on which ring you hit?

Wow, you are so right about this layout being good for Jaws! Maybe a shark that comes up under lift ramp to eat your ball! Also needs a fin coming acrossshe playfield at some point like a moving drop target (ugh that sounds like a pain in the ass mech).

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Wow, you are so right about this layout being good for Jaws! Maybe a shark that comes up under lift ramp to eat your ball! Also needs a fin coming acrossshe playfield at some point like a moving drop target (ugh that sounds like a pain in the ass mech).

Giggidy

#1243 5 years ago

A review is someone’s opinion. Just like a movie critic. There’s certain people you agree with and follow them as critics and there’s others you completely disagree with and don’t. You can’t get too caught up on SDTM’s review. It’s their opinion. An opinion I completely agree with, but still just just an opinion.

#1244 5 years ago

If Zach wasn’t so cheap and had gotten the LE he woulda loved it! Seriously, these are subjective opinions. I think BM66 is excellent, love MM, and didn’t really connect with Houdini. All opposite Zach. So the voice of the pinside community is really pinside itself. There are no PhDs in pinball here. Well, maybe a few...

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

You guys have to accept you are THE VOICE of the community.

Depends on how you define "the community" I guess.

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

If Zach wasn’t so cheap and had gotten the LE he woulda loved it! Seriously, these are subjective opinions. I think BM66 is excellent, love MM, and didn’t really connect with Houdini. All opposite Zach. So the voice of the pinside community is really pinside itself. There are no PhDs in pinball here. Well, maybe a few...

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Depends on how you define "the community" I guess.

Hey guys, easy now, “The VOICE of the pinball community” kinda has a nice ring to it! Let the man boost my confidence, especially after the hate I received on our last couple of episodes

#1247 5 years ago

His main problem is thinking you're the voice of the community, it's arguing the voice of the community wouldn't largely, too largely some would say, factor in theme.

Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey guys, easy now, “The VOICE of the pinball community” kinda has a nice ring to it!

Be careful, a good chunk of people here think K is the voice of the community too

#1248 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

His main problem is thinking you're the voice of the community, it's arguing the voice of the community wouldn't largely, too largely some would say, factor in theme.

Be careful, a good chunk of people here think K is the voice of the community too

Haha yeah but comparing me to K is like comparing apples and shoelaces.

#1249 5 years ago

For me, the reason why the show format works so well is how the reviews are broken down. I basically take into account how much each parameter being judged (code, shots, toys, theme, etc..) matters to me personally and calibrate the review that way. For example, I've learned after recently getting into this hobby that theme matters a lot to me. I happen to agree with this case that the Iron Maiden theme is atrocious and I won't buy one because of that. But to someone, it may not matter or they make like Maiden. How the rest of the review broke down does make me long for this game in another theme.

#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I’ve played both and there is no way pirates is better then Iron Maiden. Maiden is a very unique layout that keeps you on your toes. POTC let’s see they stripped stuff from the game to start ohh and no call outs from the movie or clips either with any of the actors from it either and they are way behind to each their own but if you are a true player; maiden is the clear winner might just be that Zach likes his games to play slow and stop and go which is fine

The real question is do you like Iron Maiden better than Black Rose.

Here's some game play footage of the surprise contender:

Love the podcast/videos by the way guys (even the Iron Maiden hating Zach's solo show). Keep it up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/25?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.