bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 125.
#1051 6 years ago

I don't know how to describe it but anyone else feel the art on Maiden is just a little too photoshopped. It's a little too smoothed and polished. When you compare it to the album covers it just looks a little too friendly I guess. Kinda like they took a graphic novel and turned into an Archie comic, not that extreme but it looks kinda Disneyed.

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Loud and clear my thoughts exactly

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

WHo-Dey - I know you recently bought a MET. What are your thoughts b/w the two right now (IM and MET)....
That PF looks sick. They really did a great job. Looks like it has some great shots!

Oh man delt i dont know lol. Im very new to MET so i still dont know all of the rules and i know hardly anything about IMDN other than its beautiful and fun, but so is MET. They are both so awesome that it’s ridiculous and I don’t think there would be a right or wrong choice no matter which one that you bought. I give the edge to MET as far as the artwork and shot wise they are both extremly fun to shoot. Rule wise i think Maiden is probably going to come away the winner because its more mode based. I think truthfully if you were on the fence on which one to buy I’d have to say play them and decide for yourself. They are both great fun and beautiful pins.

#1054 6 years ago

Zach, I'm curious to get your thoughts on Iron Maiden. Like you, I also hate the theme. But to does look like it has come cool shots.

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't know how to describe it but anyone else feel the art on Maiden is just a little too photoshopped. It's a little too smoothed and polished. When you compare it to the album covers it just looks a little too friendly I guess. Kinda like they took a graphic novel and turned into an Archie comic, not that extreme but it looks kinda Disneyed.

That's exactly what I like about it!!! It's fun and vibrant - versus dark and foreboding. If you prefer dark and foreboding, I guess it's a let down LOL.

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That's exactly what I like about it!!! It's fun and vibrant - versus dark and foreboding. If you prefer dark and foreboding, I guess it's a let down LOL.

I'm not a big Maiden fan or anything but back in the day there is no doubt those album covers were the best. Maybe I just liked the art more than the music. When I think of Maiden I think of the Album covers and patches on the back of jean jackets. I think I true fan would die at the idea of Disneying up that art style.

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Zach, I'm curious to get your thoughts on Iron Maiden. Like you, I also hate the theme. But to does look like it has come cool shots.

Mine is on order and should arrive this week or next so I’ll have a better opinion once I play it. For my thoughts regarding everything else but gameplay checkout episode 57.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Mine is on order and should arrive this week or next so I’ll have a better opinion once I play it. For my thoughts regarding everything else but gameplay checkout episode 57.

Oh I saw it, and I'm right there with you. If this machine layout had any other theme I'd be all over it. But I hate metal and I'm afraid the artwork will give my kids nightmares.

#1059 6 years ago

Hats off to ya'll for the EGP burn on the latest episode. "Fails at life" is our bedrock principle after all!

Enjoyed hearing the thoughts on the JJP Pirate's changes. I think I disagree, but it was the feature that stood out most to me in a positive fashion when I played the game. Glad to hear some other perspectives than just what I'm reading here though!

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Hats off to ya'll for the EGP burn on the latest episode. "Fails at life" is our bedrock principle after all!
Enjoyed hearing the thoughts on the JJP Pirate's changes. I think I disagree, but it was the feature that stood out most to me in a positive fashion when I played the game. Glad to hear some other perspectives than just what I'm reading here though!

Thanks buddy!! I’m ready to hear you alls thoughts on it during your next episode

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks buddy!! I’m ready to hear you alls thoughts on it during your next episode

IMDN looks like a good shooter, with code that's more complete than soon of Sterna pins that been out for a year, ton of call out, spinner, 4 flipper, loop and more. Plus the art look killer. But does it come with "Pinball browser". Just in case. Hall & Oats : Maneater

#1062 6 years ago

Another great episode fellas. Great perspectives on POTC and Iron Maiden. I agree on the Iron Maiden music. I just can’t get into it. Never have. Never will. I’m actually shocked Stern chose it. Iron Maiden doesn’t seem to have a huge following. I think a Red Hot Chili Peppers pin would be a huge hit. I look forward to more episodes to come. Keep up the great work!

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Another great episode fellas. Great perspectives on POTC and Iron Maiden. I agree on the Iron Maiden music. I just can’t get into it. Never have. Never will. I’m actually shocked Stern chose it. Iron Maiden doesn’t seem to have a huge following. I think a Red Hot Chili Peppers pin would be a huge hit. I look forward to more episodes to come. Keep up the great work!

I would very very very very much welcome a Chili Peppers Pin fantastic idea!!!

#1064 6 years ago

Zach, it never hurts to put a bug in the ear of the Stern folks for a Chili Peppers pin. I’d order an LE immediately. They will no doubt be in the rock and roll hall of fame. Plus, a lot of their songs have an edge to them and some funk. Perfect for a pin!

#1065 6 years ago

They need to do a Queen pin!

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I’m equally all about that too. That’s what I’m talking about guys!

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

It has been strongly rumoured that Heighway have the Queen licence and have done for some time

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I has been strongly rumoured that Heighway have the Queen licence and have done for some time

I dont think they are going to be around long enough to make another pin.

#1069 6 years ago

I want a Michael Jackson LE pin, and play it to Beat it all day long

#1070 6 years ago

Queen Pinball!!!
Not sure this backglass will match up with my other pins. Perhaps it will look out of place.

#* Not that there is anything wrong with that*#

article-2368614-1AE4AFB5000005DC-309_306x423 (resized).jpgarticle-2368614-1AE4AFB5000005DC-309_306x423 (resized).jpg

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Queen Pinball!!!
Not sure this backglass will match up with my other pins. Perhaps it will look out of place.

Hahahaha love some Freddie Mercury

#1072 6 years ago

Just for chuckles I am going to Queen up my AC/DC with Pinball Browser. I did a 90's firmware that I throw on once in a while.

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just for chuckles I am going to Queen up my AC/DC with Pinball Browser. I did a 90's firmware that I throw on once in a while.

If you have any kind of link, I would like to have a blast of Queen in the AC/DC

Thanks!

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If you have any kind of link, I would like to have a blast of Queen in the AC/DC
Thanks!

I'll mess around with it the next few days, shoot me a list of songs. I'll just try and match up similar length tracks. For encore I usually do several songs instead of repeating the same one, I think it's like 15 minutes long. I only get there by setting more balls. I have a Pro but but I dont think its a big deal to do Premium once you have all the songs ready to go.

#1075 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Queen Pinball!!!

Really ASOA? Did you really have to do that?

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really ASOA? Did you really have to do that?

My apologies. Haven't been myself lately. SHAME..

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Queen Pinball!!!

These would be my choices for backglass:

0B313EE7-7027-4CA7-9A2F-819827E6BB8E (resized).jpeg0B313EE7-7027-4CA7-9A2F-819827E6BB8E (resized).jpeg

43985CCE-0FFE-488F-B459-B28053390862 (resized).jpeg43985CCE-0FFE-488F-B459-B28053390862 (resized).jpeg

E8CD93CF-8117-4787-B599-B472BAC6CFD3 (resized).jpegE8CD93CF-8117-4787-B599-B472BAC6CFD3 (resized).jpeg

#1078 6 years ago

Everybody Dance Now!

SDTM Episode 58: Lethal Weapon 3 Pinball Machine Review. Greg owns it, but how will he rate it?

#1079 6 years ago

I would say thats a accurate review. When is the next this or that episode guys?

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would say thats a accurate review. When is the next this or that episode guys?

likely the next two or three. Special Best of the Best episode next week, then prob a This or That or Iron Maiden review.

#1081 6 years ago

Guide to playing LW3:

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

i want it all,i want it all, i want it all, and i want it now!!!

#1083 6 years ago

Wow, Greg’s infectious good mood has put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Great job guys, I really like a quick bite sized review from time to time.

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Wow, Greg’s infectious good mood has put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Great job guys, I really like a quick bite sized review from time to time.

Well isn’t that so freaking special hahaha. He’s infectious all right

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh man delt i dont know lol. Im very new to MET so i still dont know all of the rules and i know hardly anything about IMDN other than its beautiful and fun, but so is MET. They are both so awesome that it’s ridiculous and I don’t think there would be a right or wrong choice no matter which one that you bought. I give the edge to MET as far as the artwork and shot wise they are both extremly fun to shoot. Rule wise i think Maiden is probably going to come away the winner because its more mode based. I think truthfully if you were on the fence on which one to buy I’d have to say play them and decide for yourself. They are both great fun and beautiful pins.

I agree. I actually played IM recently and the shots are fantastic. I just couldn't deal with the music. Both are great pins but my nod goes to met.

#1086 6 years ago

We were watching your review of LW3 and wifey says she's never seen a lethal weapon movie! You best believe after the review we watched Lethal Weapon 1 and she loved it. Will be showing her 2 tonight and wrap up 3 and 4 later this week.

#1087 6 years ago

What Leo wants, Leo getz!

#1088 6 years ago

Okokokokokokok

#1089 6 years ago

Hya HyaHya Hya

#1090 6 years ago

Great review fellas. Love when you do the classics. When’s the WH20 review coming?

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

We were watching your review of LW3 and wifey says she's never seen a lethal weapon movie! You best believe after the review we watched Lethal Weapon 1 and she loved it. Will be showing her 2 tonight and wrap up 3 and 4 later this week.

Well that’s pretty damn awesome. I need to do the same.

Quoted from adamross:

Great review fellas. Love when you do the classics. When’s the WH20 review coming?

It’s in cue and should be one of the next three reviews

#1092 5 years ago

Pin Stadium Holy Hell!!!!!!!!!!! (pun intended)

D7176088-11D4-4FF7-B496-B491DBE5933C (resized).jpegD7176088-11D4-4FF7-B496-B491DBE5933C (resized).jpeg

CDFA39C3-E62A-4AE3-A8A1-9E84F6448549 (resized).jpegCDFA39C3-E62A-4AE3-A8A1-9E84F6448549 (resized).jpeg

A637501F-3B3F-4D48-951F-036BC060F718 (resized).jpegA637501F-3B3F-4D48-951F-036BC060F718 (resized).jpeg

DD45EE38-E762-483C-8223-A65E097AC1D0 (resized).jpegDD45EE38-E762-483C-8223-A65E097AC1D0 (resized).jpeg

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Pin Stadium Holy Hell!!!!!!!!!!! (pun intended)

Looks awesome!

#1094 5 years ago

Zach and Greg, here’s a suggestion for a future show topic. How about tips/tricks for pinball shots and techniques? I’m newer into the hobby, a little over a year, and I’m always looking into how to improve my game. Thanks!!

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Zach and Greg, here’s a suggestion for a future show topic. How about tips/tricks for pinball shots and techniques? I’m newer into the hobby, a little over a year, and I’m always looking into how to improve my game. Thanks!!

This would be a great show, I would prefer it live. You know Zack is going to film 100 takes and edited the crap out of it so it looks like perfection. Way more fun to watch the two of them try and demo advanced techniques and mock each other when they make mistakes.

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This would be a great show, I would prefer it live. You know Zack is going to film 100 takes and edited the crap out of it so it looks like perfection. Way more fun to watch the two of them try and demo advanced techniques and mock each other when they make mistakes.

Great ideas guys! Saves on my editing time too haha

#1097 5 years ago

Zach when do you get your Iron Maiden?

#1098 5 years ago

Its almost time for a Bloopers SMDM cut floor piece. I can only imagine the stuff Zach cut.....lol Would be an entertaining show in itself.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zach when do you get your Iron Maiden?

Had it for a week or two now. Review coming

Quoted from Yelobird:

Its almost time for a Bloopers SMDM cut floor piece. I can only imagine the stuff Zach cut.....lol Would be an entertaining show in itself.

Much of it too hot for TV haha. But we have thought about compiling all of the bloopers into one video, dirty sanctums and all

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Had it for a week or two now. Review coming

What? How the hell do you have IMDN for a week or two and not come on Pinside talking about how great tthis game is?? I already know what you are gonna say, you're going to say OMG IMDN is amazing, best stern ever maybe!! I can't wait to hear gregs review on it, he always seems to look at things from a different perspective lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/22?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.