bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 125.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Keep listening to Greg’s rants you’ll be asleep with them. Thanks for always supporting the show J85M

As soft as Greg’s voice is, there are other podcasts I use to induce sleep

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Hardest wizard mode to reach? Somewhere over the rainbow v. Valinor v. Simpsons SDMEWM

According to Bowen its WPTs keefer invitational

#1003 6 years ago

Melt the Witch and Destroy the Ring are really mini-wizard modes, so you should exclude them and do a top 10 min-wiz list.

P.S. Battle the Ringmaster should be in that list.

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Melt the Witch and Destroy the Ring are really mini-wizard modes, so you should exclude them and do a top 10 min-wiz list.
P.S. Battle the Ringmaster should be in that list.

Destroy the ring is better than all eight below it so we had to include it

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Destroy the Ring is the best wizard mode and best mode in pinball and should've been number one. It is so intense and so satisfying when completed!! IMO.

Also, love the new photoshop snapshots during the show, LOL. Keep up the great work guys!

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 9.01.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-04-10 at 9.01.40 PM (resized).png

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Destroy the ring is better than all eight below it so we had to include it

Well your JM "is no fun" compounded with the previous STTNG is no fun comment really disqualifies your opinions for me anyway so I'm not sure why I bothered commenting, lol!

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Destroy the Ring is the best wizard mode and best mode in pinball and should've been number one. It is so intense and so satisfying when completed!! IMO.
Also, love the new photoshop snapshots during the show, LOL. Keep up the great work guys!

Thanks pal!

Quoted from bobukcat:

Well your JM "is no fun" compounded with the previous STTNG is no fun comment really disqualifies your opinions for me anyway so I'm not sure why I bothered commenting, lol!

Idk, looking at your collection I’d say we have more in common than we don’t.

Houdini, WOZ, and CV! Some of my favorites ever. Good taste

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Yes destroy the ring is intense...and finaly I don’t know if mine worked properly...I shot the ring but the ball was rejected, I can’t remember how many times before getting into the ring

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It is not THE top 10 wizard modes that cannot exist as it is subjective.
It is a nice one even if except DI, WH2O, TWD, LOTR I do not know the other wizard modes and Valinor in this top

We can just wonder if it is possible to rank #1 a wizard mode that only very few player are able to get it

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Ha ha it’s Lori......because every one hated Lori!!!!

#1011 6 years ago

I like alot of your list here are honorable mentions-
Hand of the king- GoT
Totan- genie battle (I was surprised it wasn't there in the top 10)
Tour the mansion-addams
Ringmaster battle- Voltaire
Even though it's easy, I love me some red line mania in getaway
I like battle royale in Spiderman and am working towards superhero but haven't gotten it.
Wizard mode-ment: nailing 30mil jackpots while all 3 multiballs are running on BSD.

Edit: Forgot to add, Pinball Magic has an epic wizard mode with amazing dots. It gets intense in the end

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha it’s Lori......because every one hated Lori!!!!

Dude, vuk you man

Quoted from nikpinball:I like alot of your list here are honorable mentions-
Hand of the king- GoT
Totan- genie battle (I was surprised it wasn't there in the top 10)
Tour the mansion-addams
Ringmaster battle- Voltaire
Even though it's easy, I love me some red line mania in getaway
I like battle royale in Spiderman and am working towards superhero but haven't gotten it.
Wizard mode-ment: nailing 30mil jackpots while all 3 multiballs are running on BSD.
Edit: Forgot to add, Pinball Magic has an epic wizard mode with amazing dots. It gets intense in the end

Love the thought in your response and I agree with you. Those are cool ass Wizard Modes for sure. I’ll be honest I haven’t seen pinball magic wizard mode

#1013 6 years ago

Curious to hear Zach and Greg's thoughts about JJP removing the 3x spinning disk mech from Pirates plus the feature of the chest opening (still physical ball lock but chest will remain open). Do you guys think JJP should now lower the price of the game due to these changes?

New disk mech below

a49bd3cd59eed61fc2350c2581c606eea9575f47 (resized).pnga49bd3cd59eed61fc2350c2581c606eea9575f47 (resized).png

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Curious to hear Zach and Greg's thoughts about JJP removing the 3x spinning disk mech from Pirates plus the feature of the chest opening (still physical ball lock but chest will remain open). Do you guys think JJP should now lower the price of the game due to these changes?
New disk mech below

Oh it will be discussed

#1016 6 years ago

They removed the disk?!? Wow. Seemed to be a big part of the game. Too expensive/complicated?

Edit. Just saw the video. Looks like same features are in the game, just simplified. No way JJP is lowering prices, nor should they.

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

nor should they.

I'm curious, why not? I mean in the overall expense its probably not much in terms of materials but they just eliminated a pretty significant part of the game.

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm curious, why not? I mean in the overall expense its probably not much in terms of materials but they just eliminated a pretty significant part of the game.

Improved profit margins. Companies like this need all the gross profit they can get.

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hear ya there. JJP is going from a mech like below with 3x spinning disks, each with LED's, 3 motors and an entirely custom design to a traditional spinning disk mech like below (from Tron). Even though most, or all, of the r&d costs for the 3x disk were done they will not be in production games. In a $8500-$12500 game how much value did the 3x disk mech represent compared to a traditional disk? I would say at least $500 and because of that I think customers deserve $500 in value put back into the game.

JPP 3x map mech pic 1
disk_1 (resized).JPGdisk_1 (resized).JPG
JPP 3x map mech pic 2
disk_2 (resized).JPGdisk_2 (resized).JPG
Traditional spinning disk mech with 1 motor (from Tron in this case, similar concept I'm assuming)
disk_3 (resized).JPGdisk_3 (resized).JPG

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would say at least $500 and because of that I think customers deserve $500 in value put back into the game.

Disagree. All deposits are refundable from what I understand. If that’s the case, take back your money if you’re not getting the value you had hoped.

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Disagree. All deposits are refundable from what I understand. If that’s the case, take back your money if you’re not getting the value you had hoped.

I want to watch the next live stream on Wednesday and ideally play an updated prototype before making decisions. If I don't buy a POTC I'll likely end up buying a Dialed In for my next game.

#1022 6 years ago

No spinning disc's want at least a customised shooter rod and color matched coin door instead

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I want to watch the next live stream on Wednesday and ideally play an updated prototype before making decisions. If I don't buy a POTC I'll likely end up buying a Dialed In for my next game.

Honestly, we need to see the new mech in action before we crucify it. That said, buy the DI if that's what you want; but it is the more inferior, linear game. This disk was big pill to swallow for Eric im sure, but I don't see it making the game worse. But still, reserve right for judgement, whether it be positive or negative, until we see it in action.

Back to the topic at hand. I think Zach & Greg should have done top 10 wizard modes and a top 10 mini-wizard modes.

Here's some honorable mentions:

Wizard Modes:
Encore (ACDC)
Super Hero (SM)
Iron Throne (GOT)
Sperm Attack (FGY)

Mini Wizard Modes:
HOTK (GOT)
Kobashi Maru (ST)
Danger Room (XMEN)
Cyborg mb (IMDN) - Yea I said it, you heard it here first

#1024 6 years ago

I originally thought the disks looked a little distracting. I never played it but in videos it didn’t seem to have a major impact on the ball. It did look like it had the potential to create issues and wear. Maybe the will sell it as an extra if you want it.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh it will be discussed

I bet it will- don't hold back lol

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I bet it will- don't hold back lol

Hard Takes comin on Episode 57!

#1027 6 years ago

So are they taking the spinning disc out totally or replacing it with a single spinning disc? My vote would be just to take it out totally, especially since its right above the flippers. Im not a fan of that at all.

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So are they taking the spinning disc out totally or replacing it with a single spinning disc? My vote would be just to take it out totally, especially since its right above the flippers. Im not a fan of that at all.

Just one big spinning disc.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh it will be discussed

Just watched the latest episode with the part about Pirate changes. Great points guys, I didn't think about it from a couple of those perspectives. You guys are right that even with this change JJP is still offering a game that has more in it then nearly every other pin.

Also, the new map animations on the main LCD to replicate what the 3x disk did look incredible. I don't see any other manufacturer offering that level of quality when it comes to animation work.

#1030 6 years ago

SDTM Episode 57 is ready! This Month In Pinball we discuss changes to JJP Pirates of the Caribbean and give our first impressions of Sten’s Iron Maiden.

Caution: Hard hitting takes not suitable for all fan-boys and whiners hahaha

#1031 6 years ago

Great show, as always!! I enjoy your brutally honest opinions. You never cease to entertain

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Great show, as always!! I enjoy your brutally honest opinions. You never cease to entertain

That’s just Coz you’re bad ass!....see what I did there?

#1033 6 years ago

Great show. Way to put JJP POTC issue into perspective. TONS of mechs, toys, lights, best LCD animations in the business, and super deep code on the game. Going from 3 discs to 1 is a bummer, but nobody would be complaining if they presented it that way initially. I think it will still play the same. And the shots, which everybody raves about, are still there and the same. Iron Maiden looks good, looks like it plays good, and I think the animations are a step up for Stern. But the music...ugh! Not a fan. Agree with the cat neutering comment, Hah! But, I am happy for all the Iron Maiden fans who are getting what they want (had no idea that there were so many out there). I'll call Larry and put in our pre-orders for Hall and Oates Super LE.

#1034 6 years ago

Great episode guys, you nailed it on the JJPOTC perspective. Good work overall; Greg was on fire again despite its one moment of wtf rambling that Zach cleverly edited

And for what it’s worth, Zach, pro’s are for pros

#1035 6 years ago

Good show but you guys really need to find a better vet if your cat is awake for that.....

Art is always subjective but I think this is by far ZY's best work with a pinball machine. I'm not an IM fan but he killed it and I prefer this style and the more neutral colors with some splashes of bright colors compared to a game like GB which was just way too much for me. Anytime they find a way to have less green, purple, and pink then GB I'm going to be good with that. As for the POTC toy removals it's really their own fault for once again revealing a machine 8 months before it starts to ship. I think people are over reacting but this is what happens when you give people nearly a year to second guess a $9500-$12500 purchase. New things come along and people are not going to need much of a reason at all to forget why they were so excited about it in the first place.

#1036 6 years ago

Great comment Greg! I think there is a lot of stupid going around. Why I love your show. (Because of the great comments, not the stupid part.)

#1037 6 years ago

Z & G: You do know that the Pinside crowd will disown y'all if you keep bringing some common sense and logic to the emotional crapstorm that happens everytime a pin manufacturer announces something????

Couldn't agree more about JJPOTC - hate it as it was a cool feature, the wow factor was definitely there when it first cam on when I played a prototype, but still an overall excellent pin. $9000K plus excellent??? That I don't know........

IMDN - watched the 2nd DeadFlip Stream......awesome looking and playing pin, had to turn the volume down after 10 minutes as I could only stand so much of the music. Look, love some hard rock and metal as much as anybody, but Maiden was never in my wheelhouse. IMDN is the pin that will bring Pinball Browser into the mainstream......

....and do come down to Southern Fried, would love to BS with you guys some more!!

Keep keeping it real guys!

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Great show. Way to put JJP POTC issue into perspective. TONS of mechs, toys, lights, best LCD animations in the business, and super deep code on the game. Going from 3 discs to 1 is a bummer, but nobody would be complaining if they presented it that way initially. I think it will still play the same. And the shots, which everybody raves about, are still there and the same. Iron Maiden looks good, looks like it plays good, and I think the animations are a step up for Stern. But the music...ugh! Not a fan. Agree with the cat neutering comment, Hah! But, I am happy for all the Iron Maiden fans who are getting what they want (had no idea that there were so many out there). I'll call Larry and put in our pre-orders for Hall and Oates Super LE.

Hall and Oates for the win!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Great episode guys, you nailed it on the JJPOTC perspective. Good work overall; Greg was on fire again despite its one moment of wtf rambling that Zach cleverly edited
And for what it’s worth, Zach, pro’s are for pros

Hahaha it’s perooooowwws

Quoted from jgentry:

Good show but you guys really need to find a better vet if your cat is awake for that.....
Art is always subjective but I think this is by far ZY's best work with a pinball machine. I'm not an IM fan but he killed it and I prefer this style and the more neutral colors with some splashes of bright colors compared to a game like GB which was just way too much for me. Anytime they find a way to have less green, purple, and pink then GB I'm going to be good with that. As for the POTC toy removals it's really their own fault for once again revealing a machine 8 months before it starts to ship. I think people are over reacting but this is what happens when you give people nearly a year to second guess a $9500-$12500 purchase. New things come along and people are not going to need much of a reason at all to forget why they were so excited about it in the first place.

Great Points! And I just laughed out loud thinking about that poor family cat going to a shitty vet

Quoted from AUKraut:

Z & G: You do know that the Pinside crowd will disown y'all if you keep bringing some common sense and logic to the emotional crapstorm that happens everytime a pin manufacturer announces something????
Couldn't agree more about JJPOTC - hate it as it was a cool feature, the wow factor was definitely there when it first cam on when I played a prototype, but still an overall excellent pin. $9000K plus excellent??? That I don't know........
IMDN - watched the 2nd DeadFlip Stream......awesome looking and playing pin, had to turn the volume down after 10 minutes as I could only stand so much of the music. Look, love some hard rock and metal as much as anybody, but Maiden was never in my wheelhouse. IMDN is the pin that will bring Pinball Browser into the mainstream......
....and do come down to Southern Fried, would love to BS with you guys some more!!
Keep keeping it real guys!

Pinsiders can’t disown us, we are obsessed with Pinside and all of us stupid users haha

#1039 6 years ago

Great show but i was hoping to see the Raven claw come out again and didnt. Greg needs to step up his game a little!

#1040 6 years ago

Greg is getting more & more sassy with each episode! Didn’t think he had it in him solely based off the videos of him in that damned scarf!

Completely agree with not your opinions of the pirates game. I also could give two shits about Iron Maiden music but the gameplay footage looks awesome!

#1041 6 years ago

Another great episode as usual, and while I agree with Zach's assessment that that JJP POTC is is still loaded, I can't help but feel like they created their own problem by showing the game in October. You said it best with your IMDN comments, Stern shows a game and two weeks later it's in your house. There was no real reason to show this game at Expo and now people will always feel like they are missing something. In this case ignorance would have been bliss.

On a side note hillbilly Indiana Jones might be the best thing you guys have ever dreamed up. Where was the cut and past job on that one?

Keep up the good work guys.

#1042 6 years ago

Great episode, but this time I have to disagree a bit with you guys. I have a CE on order and they cost over here 14000 euro and that is about 17300 dollar. I never spend that kind of money on a pinball machine, but that is not even the reason for me to want to cancel my order.

The main reason is to make a statement. If the pinball community accepts this kind of changes (from a very unique mech to just a motor) than why would they not do this every time ? And other manufacturers can also do it, because we will buy it anyway. Show something fantastic and then scrap it later.

I thought about it for a few days and this is a money issue any way you look at it. This (the discs) is not rocket science, it can be made reliably but it will cost more on the BOM. The solution they have provided costs a lot less on the BOM.

The chest just baffles me because it is just nonsense that they cannot get it to open and close but again it will put more on the BOM. They engineered it so that the mechanism that opens the chest also is the ramp for the ball. Seperate that and it will be no problem. The problem in that is the BOM and the time it takes to do that.

Sorry to say this, because I have bought every JJP NIB and this machine would become the cherry on the pie, but now it is the pizza on the playfield....

#1043 6 years ago

Great episode, it must be tough for Zack to not want to get Greg on the couch and poke around in that head a little. The PotC changes don't seem like a big deal to me. I'm also with Zack on Iron Maiden but I will concede they do have a couple songs that I do enjoy just out of nostalgia.

One minor thing just keep being yourselves and telling it how you see it. You don't have to tell us every episode that your not biased. Are you guys getting trolled about being biased? Try and ignore that you don't have to explain.

I can related to how hard it is to not dive in on pinside, I fail regularly

#1044 6 years ago

Not sure how you can judge a game before you even play it?

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Not sure how you can judge a game before you even play it?

Easy, just judge everything but gameplay...

#1046 6 years ago

Check out Greg and Hougie unbox an Iron Maiden pinball machine. Color commentary provided by Zach.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Check out Greg and Hougie unbox an Iron Maiden pinball machine. Color commentary provided by Zach.
» YouTube video

I played Iron Maiden last night and i thought it was awesome. Im not sure what Greg was trying to do there when he lifted the game up for the guy to slide the cart under it but it sure looked like he had done that before and was very comfortable with it. Know what im sayin Zach?

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I played Iron Maiden last night and i thought it was awesome. Im not sure what Greg was trying to do there when he lifted the game up for the guy to slide the cart under it but it sure looked like he had done that before and was very comfortable with it. Know what im sayin Zach?

WHo-Dey - I know you recently bought a MET. What are your thoughts b/w the two right now (IM and MET)....

That PF looks sick. They really did a great job. Looks like it has some great shots!

#1049 6 years ago

Zach,
Man the next time you feel compelled to check out a couple of middle aged men’s asses we don’t need to hear about it...I mean it’s fine but keep those commentary moments in your head.

Art on imdn looks awesome by the way, enjoy that!

#1050 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Loud and clear my thoughts exactly.

Quoted from Beebl:

Zach,
Man the next time you feel compelled to check out a couple of middle aged men’s asses we don’t need to hear about it...I mean it’s fine but keep those commentary moments in your head.
Art on imdn looks awesome by the way, enjoy that!

Not that there’s anything wrong with that haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.