• Team Zach 54 votes
    22%
  • Neither 31 votes
    13%
  • One cannot pick between Abbott or Costello 81 votes
    33%

(245 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 323 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0919_mitch_trubisky (resized).jpg
zach meny (resized).jpg
d396a7881738a2cd8a7aef8049a7a01a-original (resized).jpg
40AEA04B-C9D9-483A-8D9B-52380F04DE10 (resized).jpeg
B1A35A84-9892-4782-948C-89959E0FBBC2 (resized).jpeg
D73B4EB6-892B-432F-B6FE-FA7D75CFBE79 (resized).jpeg
1EE7D5FF-586A-42DA-8C32-68CC7D9C40AF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_213421 (resized).jpg
EE4A26F2-68F1-44D0-AD3B-34FB70199566 (resized).jpeg
photodune-5735151-glowing-100-s (resized).jpg
buy.gif
20190810_135720 (resized).jpg
20190810_135714 (resized).jpg
20190810_135649 (resized).jpg
30BC2D55-3A67-4C18-BB85-7295DAC09E5A (resized).jpeg
D551F04D-7E6D-4637-BF28-BA7932C713D7 (resized).jpeg

There are 4853 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 98.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some exciting stuff coming from Stern I’m interested to catch your thoughts

I would really like to see you guys do a newly updated Batman66 review since all of the code updates. People are saying that BM66 is turning into a great game now. That was a big time dream theme for me until they released it with zero code and a inflated price tag. All of the talk about the game now has me seriously reconsidering. I know its hard for you guys to keep up on all of the games when you have jobs and kids etc but it sounds like BM66 is turning into a really good game. I still hate the price tag but i like the theme more than any game thats been put out in the last few years.

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some exciting stuff coming from Stern I’m interested to catch your thoughts

Zach i have two or three more games to complete my collection so i am down now to themes that blow me away.....dream themes. Batman is a dream theme for me and is sounding better every day. Heres my thoughts on what may be coming.

Iron Maiden: Not a dream theme but i seen them in concert and i think this could be a cool game, and if the rumors i am hearing are true i think this could be very very awesome. A slightly possible buy for me.

Deadpool: im sure it would be good and i know alot of people like the theme but i can take it leave it personally. The theme just isnt good enough for me to buy personally.

Jurassic Park: I really hope this game happens and i love the theme and would be very very interested in buying.

Elvira 3: Dream theme and a must buy unless they really screw it up somehow.

Munsters: Dream theme and another must buy providing its good.

#653 1 year ago

Watching these two guys is a good time. I just watched the Aerosmith unboxing. I am buying one on Friday night and wanted to do some research.

#654 1 year ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Watching these two guys is a good time. I just watched the Aerosmith unboxing. I am buying one on Friday night and wanted to do some research.

Zach and Greg are good guys and i love their passion for the hobby. Aerosmith is a really fun game and you will love it. I have a AS Pro.

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zach and Greg are good guys and i love their passion for the hobby. Aerosmith is a really fun game and you will love it. I have a AS Pro.

I can't wait. I also have a GOTG coming after I saw the review. I had to sell a couple games to get them but so worth it.

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I can't wait. I also have a GOTG coming after I saw the review. I had to sell a couple games to get them but so worth it.

That’s awesome, i think GOTG is going to end up being a really good game also once the code is completed. Its a beautiful game with alot of cool shots. Congrats on your two new games!

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Two really cool games nice choices! Gotg still has some room for code but it’s still fun and great shooter.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would really like to see you guys do a newly updated Batman66 review since all of the code updates. People are saying that BM66 is turning into a great game now. That was a big time dream theme for me until they released it with zero code and a inflated price tag. All of the talk about the game now has me seriously reconsidering. I know its hard for you guys to keep up on all of the games when you have jobs and kids etc but it sounds like BM66 is turning into a really good game. I still hate the price tag but i like the theme more than any game thats been put out in the last few years.

Oh it’s coming. We are gonna revisit our year of review and update accordingly. Will be one of the next three videos. Thanks for the support buddy

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This Or That? Road Trip!!!

I don't understand how Greg can be so concerned about what is on his couch, yet seems perfectly calm while Zach looks into the camera while driving with no hands on the wheel. Looks like the next game review, JJ POTC, will be setting the stage for the next big This or That discussion - Houdini vs Pirates.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zach i have two or three more games to complete my collection so i am down now to themes that blow me away.....dream themes. Batman is a dream theme for me and is sounding better every day. Heres my thoughts on what may be coming.
Iron Maiden: Not a dream theme but i seen them in concert and i think this could be a cool game, and if the rumors i am hearing are true i think this could be very very awesome. A slightly possible buy for me.
Deadpool: im sure it would be good and i know alot of people like the theme but i can take it leave it personally. The theme just isnt good enough for me to buy personally.
Jurassic Park: I really hope this game happens and i love the theme and would be very very interested in buying.
Elvira 3: Dream theme and a must buy unless they really screw it up somehow.
Munsters: Dream theme and another must buy providing its good.

I've never got caught up in the theme. It's either a great game with good code, good art, good layout and good theme implementation or it's not. Chasing themes is what ends up getting people in trouble with games.

BM66 has turned into a very solid game. Not the best shooter by any means but the code feels similar to MB with all of the added code that people would want from MB to keep it more interesting. It's fun and the theme is well implemented and it has a few things code wise that are unique to it. Not sure if it will be a keeper for me but I'm having fun with it at the moment.

#660 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've never got caught up in the theme. It's either a great game with good code, good art, good layout and good theme implementation or it's not. Chasing themes is what ends up getting people in trouble with games.
BM66 has turned into a very solid game. Not the best shooter by any means but the code feels similar to MB with all of the added code that people would want from MB to keep it more interesting. It's fun and the theme is well implemented and it has a few things code wise that are unique to it. Not sure if it will be a keeper for me but I'm having fun with it at the moment.

Yes i agree with you on chasing themes. Im just wanting my last couple of games to be themes that i really love. I still wont buy a game without it being good, thats why i dont already own a BM66 or a GOTG. It souns like BM66 is really becoming great. I have talked to many of my pinhead friends and they are all starting to love BM now. A couple of these guys are really hard to please and very critical on games and even they are saying its really good now so im getting a little excited about the game now. Im going to go play it tonight i think and see how i like it now. I played it about six months ago and thought it was pretty fun. Im going to pay more attention to the code tonight while im playing it.

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Two really cool games nice choices! Gotg still has some room for code but it’s still fun and great shooter.

Oh it’s coming. We are gonna revisit our year of review and update accordingly. Will be one of the next three videos. Thanks for the support buddy

You will have to review GOTG with the new Cleland code I am helping him test out on my LE. That may very well be the game changer from what I am experiencing with it loaded on my machine now. Wow!!

#662 1 year ago

Anyway we can just get audio of the show?

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyway we can just get audio of the show?

= I'm tired of Greg and Zack's ugly faces.....

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I don't understand how Greg can be so concerned about what is on his couch, yet seems perfectly calm while Zach looks into the camera while driving with no hands on the wheel. Looks like the next game review, JJ POTC, will be setting the stage for the next big This or That discussion - Houdini vs Pirates.

Oooh Houdini vs Pirates is a good one. Thanks.

Greg was terrified the whole trip. Road trips are hell for him but usually two days later he lets me know he had a blast.

#665 1 year ago

Hope it's nothing too major with that third flipper Greg. Good luck.

#666 1 year ago

Ask for the audio b/c sometimes I'll listen during lunch or into work and I want to multitask like check work emails, etc but still hear their ***wonderful*** voices!

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ask for the audio b/c sometimes I'll listen during lunch or into work and I want to multitask like check work emails, etc but still hear their ***wonderful*** voices!

You just want to hear the hillbilly pirate so you can complete the image in your head.

#668 1 year ago

Podcast Episodes 49 and 50 are up on iTunes.

#669 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Hope it's nothing too major with that third flipper Greg. Good luck.

Thank you sir! It just ended up being a wire off!!!!! Guess it’s time I break down and buy an iron!!!!

#670 1 year ago

Oh Baby! Here it is!

SDTM Episode 51: Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball Machine Review - Deluxe Edition Part 1

#672 1 year ago

Wow. My head is spinning. So much to this game. Great job guys! Can't wait for Part 2.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Wow. My head is spinning. So much to this game. Great job guys! Can't wait for Part 2.

Thanks Burley. Yeah it definitely is the ultimate machine for die hard pinball people.

#674 1 year ago

Thanks very much for this. Very clear explanation of the game. It's complex but once it's explained to you, it kinda all makes sense.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Thanks very much for this. Very clear explanation of the game. It's complex but once it's explained to you, it kinda all makes sense.

Yeah I thought the same. It definitely helped after talking to the guys about it. We wanted to document it so people could go back and refer to it for all rules in one place

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah I thought the same. It definitely helped after talking to the guys about it. We wanted to document it so people could go back and refer to it for all rules in one place

Does it come with a handbook of rules because there is a lot to digest for the average joe walking up to it.

#677 1 year ago

This is the new industry standard. SDTM should bring us ALL new game reviews from this point forward. No need to change the channel. My prediction for next year's TWIPYS is a clean sweep for SDTM. The time effort and capital that goes into pulling these reviews off is incredible. Thank you for this great service you guys are providing to the pinball community.

First Class gentlemen!!!!

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does it come with a handbook of rules because there is a lot to digest for the average joe walking up to it.

The average joe will enjoy the spectacle the ramps the boat the chest the lcd the spinning map etc. seems like it will play well with all

Quoted from ASOA:This is the new industry standard. SDTM should bring us ALL new game reviews from this point forward. No need to change the channel. My prediction for next year's TWIPYS is a clean sweep for SDTM. The time effort and capital that goes into pulling these reviews off is incredible. Thank you for this great service you guys are providing to the pinball community.
First Class gentlemen!!!!

You’re my favorite person and man you have such great ideas

#679 1 year ago

These reviews are great and very informative, much better than just watching someone play.

#680 1 year ago

Episode 51 was very well done. It has me reconsidering POTC. I love everything about it except the theme :/

It would be cool to include this episode on the game itself for home use. Maybe even split it up by chapters and offer to play the tutorial as the player qualifies.

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Episode 51 was very well done. It has me reconsidering POTC. I love everything about it except the theme :/
It would be cool to include this episode on the game itself for home use. Maybe even split it up by chapters and offer to play the tutorial as the player qualifies.

Thanks man! SDTM on the machine?!?! Andrew you sound like a dreamer, just like me.

#682 1 year ago

Excellent job,Zach & Greg!

#683 1 year ago

So here’s a question for the sdtm crew Houdini or POTC considering Houdini is a lot cheaper?

#684 1 year ago

These in depth videos are excellent, especially post expo and close to release.
Thank you to the SDTM crew and manufactures for doing them.

#685 1 year ago

Ok so a brand new JJ POTC OR any two pre 2000 games that you want?

Just kidding

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

So here’s a question for the sdtm crew Houdini or POTC considering Houdini is a lot cheaper?

That’s a good this or that thanks!

Quoted from Vino:

These in depth videos are excellent, especially post expo and close to release.
Thank you to the SDTM crew and manufactures for doing them.

We hope to be invited or setup to do more.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok so a brand new JJ POTC OR any two pre 2000 games that you want?
Just kidding

JJP potc or tz and Addams? That’s a pretty good this or that. Any other two you think that would make it close?

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

JJP potc or tz and Addams? That’s a pretty good this or that. Any other two you think that would make it close?

Gosh dude i dont know, there are so many great old games out there. I should have added that the two old games would be in minty shape of course and like brand new. Umm.....maybe Midieval Madness and Attack from Mars? Also you gotta leave the value perspective out of it and just count the fun factor.

I can see Greg now saying "oh thats easy, id take the two old games because they are worth 14k or whatever and sell them and then buy a pirates for 8500 and then have the money to go buy a new Stern Pro of my choice" Gregs always got his mind going like that lol.

#688 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Watched this episode and it solidified my choice for ordering the CE. Here in Europe the pre-order is not refundable but I have the choice of downgrading to an LE, but after seeing this review I will keep my order like it is. Only 40 in Europe !

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Thank you sir! It just ended up being a wire off!!!!! Guess it’s time I break down and buy an iron!!!!

Buy a decent iron above 20 dollars. I bought one from Walmart that thing is terrible.

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Thanks guys. Watched this episode and it solidified my choice for ordering the CE. Here in Europe the pre-order is not refundable but I have the choice of downgrading to an LE, but after seeing this review I will keep my order like it is. Only 40 in Europe !

Wow congrats man!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Gosh dude i dont know, there are so many great old games out there. I should have added that the two old games would be in minty shape of course and like brand new. Umm.....maybe Midieval Madness and Attack from Mars? Also you gotta leave the value perspective out of it and just count the fun factor.
I can see Greg now saying "oh thats easy, id take the two old games because they are worth 14k or whatever and sell them and then buy a pirates for 8500 and then have the money to go buy a new Stern Pro of my choice" Gregs always got his mind going like that lol.

I shit you not I’d rather have potc over both those pins together EASILY if value wasn’t a factor

#691 1 year ago

Great detail review fellows. Man I'm more excited now for this pin. This maybe my first JJP. The level of features
and depth in this game are superb. Love that shot behind flipper on mid playfield. ! Keep the reviews coming!

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Buy a decent iron above 20 dollars. I bought one from Walmart that thing is terrible.

Ahhhhh I already bought a cheap one! I won’t get in to any board work or any thing so it will just be random small things like wires and such so hopefully it holds up!

#693 1 year ago

I don't know what's more impressive, the level of detail and dedication that went into this SDTM review; or the level of detail and dedication that went into JJPOTC. Well done everyone involved on both sides of the coin. This game looks amazing.

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't know what's more impressive, the level of detail and dedication that went into this SDTM review; or the level of detail and dedication that went into JJPOTC. Well done everyone involved on both sides of the coin. This game looks amazing.

Thanks. Match made in heaven haha

Quoted from FalconDriver:

Great detail review fellows. Man I'm more excited now for this pin. This maybe my first JJP. The level of features
and depth in this game are superb. Love that shot behind flipper on mid playfield. ! Keep the reviews coming!

We aim to improve every video! Thanks for the kind words. Man I want this Pin too

#695 1 year ago

In talking with Eric, did you get any sense as to what is next after POTC for him?

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

In talking with Eric, did you get any sense as to what is next after POTC for him?

Ha ha we tried hard to break him but didn’t have much luck!!!! He’s a man of secrets!!!

#697 1 year ago

Awesome video guys! I had a few reservations about POTC but this video helped sell me on it. I think this is going to be my next game.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I wish! But yeah we had to try

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome video guys! I had a few reservations about POTC but this video helped sell me on it. I think this is going to be my next game.

I think youll like it man. Have you been able to ge time on it yet?

#699 1 year ago

Wow, the game is engineered at a different level to other games.

How many shots does the game have?

Anyone counted?

#700 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope sponsors and manufactures recognize this fact!! Zach & Greg do not have the Oprah touch "as of yet" but they substantially increase sales for businesses they endorse. This is simple Zach & Greg will not endorse a product they do not believe in. They care about there fans / supporters over the almighty dollar. Integrity is very high when it comes to these guys. So manufactures of pinball machines / accessories as well as distributors. If you have a good product or service it might be a good idea to reach out to the SDTM team. Information and honesty sells good products!!!!!!!.

Thank you SDTM for staying true to the pinball community.

Donations / Contributions are needed to run a successful program like SDTM a Pinball Show. Please remember to contribute to the cause so we all can continue enjoying such great in depth reviews and entertaining informative shows.

Please subscribe and donate if you are in a position to do so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 4853 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 98.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside