bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 125.
#6051 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I didn't get any hate from his post, it sounds like he enjoys their show but just wants them to be a little more critical of the games they review.

Embarrassing, disgusting, how do you sleep at night, etc... Seems pretty hateful to me. Maybe that is just how some people talk to each other though.

#6052 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It's all good...Keep doing your thing guys...The hobby is better off with you guys in it.
Folks, this is supposed to be fun...It's pinball

Totally agreed guys! All your videos are a fun time! Keep going!

#6053 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Embarrassing, disgusting, how do you sleep at night, etc... Seems pretty hateful to me. Maybe that is just how some people talk to each other though.

Yeah that was a little rough.. I still got the impression of disappointment over hate, but does it really matter? SDTM is gonna do what they're going to do and the shows are still entertaining (I watched a tiny bit of the GF vid). Just need to accept that they're salespeople impersonating Gary Stern: "The best game ever is the one currently on the line."

#6054 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction Pinball Featurette

Play Mechanix Pinball reveals Pulp Fiction Pinball in collaboration with New Line Cinema and Chicago Gaming Company

Take a deeper look inside Pulp Fiction Pinball with the game creators, as they discuss working with the film studio and Quentin Tarantino's vision of the game. The development team also talks about embarking on their new endeavor into pinball, game features, player objectives, finer details of the machine, and bringing the new, while embracing the nostalgia and feel of vintage/retro. This new pinball machine embraces the very essence of Pulp Fiction while bringing you an experience unlike anything you've ever seen or heard before.

WARNING: ADULT LANGUAGE, ADULT CONTENT, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

An SDTM Studio Production

***SDTM does not own or allege to own the music, vocals, or video content from the Pulp Fiction film. We are not using said intellectual property to monetize this feature with ads. Content used in this featurette is used and has been approved for the showcased product/pinball machine.***

#6055 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Play Mechanix Pinball reveals Pulp Fiction Pinball in collaboration with New Line Cinema and Chicago Gaming Company
Take a deeper look inside Pulp Fiction Pinball with the game creators, as they discuss working with the film studio and Quentin Tarantino's vision of the game. The development team also talks about embarking on their new endeavor into pinball, game features, player objectives, finer details of the machine, and bringing the new, while embracing the nostalgia and feel of vintage/retro. This new pinball machine embraces the very essence of Pulp Fiction while bringing you an experience unlike anything you've ever seen or heard before.
***SDTM does not own or allege to own the music, vocals, or video content from the Pulp Fiction film. We are not using said intellectual property to monetize this feature with ads. Content used in this featurette is used and has been approved for the showcased product/pinball machine.***

Excellent video guys, thanks.

#6056 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Now that video should sale alot of "Bad Mother Flipper" Games.

#6057 1 year ago

Thank you, Zach and Greg! Another excellent video! This game looks phenomenal!

#6058 1 year ago

Thank you Greg and Zach for another great well produced video! You guys have a ton of passion for this hobby and it shows (as of course does the team that made this game).

I probably won't buy this product but it certainty looks cool and I hope to play one on location. It's really cool to see a 70's / 80's looking pin being made in 2023. It is a bit of a bummer not to see at least a small LCD on the playfield or apron to play animations and movie clips.

#6059 1 year ago

Pretty easy to see how this game turned out looking so good. That's a dream team for making a pinball machine and they are mostly fresh with years of pinball ideas built up. Stern did something sort of similar with The Beatles, but this absolutely blows that out of the water and I really like The Beatles. A real blend of 80's B/W with just enough to make it modern and hopefully make it last in a collection. Stunning design and man does it really draw you in. It's good to see a game that doesn't feel like it was rushed or anything on it was forced. The older style won't be for everyone but a lot of people are going to love this thing.

Can't wait to pour a glass of bourbon and give this thing a spin.

#6060 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you Greg and Zach for another great well produced video! You guys have a ton of passion for this hobby and it shows (as of course does the team that made this game).
I probably won't buy this product but it certainty looks cool and I hope to play one on location. It's really cool to see a 70's / 80's looking pin being made in 2023. It is a bit of a bummer not to see at least a small LCD on the playfield or apron to play animations and movie clips.

I get why some people would want a screen as we are so used to them now. But to me the story plays out on the playfield and it makes it feel a lot truer to the era they were going for. It won't be for everyone, but no game is.

#6061 1 year ago
#6062 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It is a bit of a bummer not to see at least a small LCD on the playfield or apron to play animations and movie clips.

Should be a doable mod in the future for putting one inside the apron, similar to the one done for EHOH maybe?

#6063 1 year ago

For the best way to showcase your new pinball release. Please call Zach @ SDTM
Another amazing video! I Had no interest in buying the pulp fiction until I watched your featurette.
Thanks a lot you just cost me another 10k.

#6064 1 year ago

Zach... is there a Video for Galactic Tank Force waiting to be released ?
Were you hopefully hired by American for this game release ?

I think your Pulp Fiction video helped immensely with people who were on the fence about a retro style pin.

#6065 1 year ago

Great work....another B+

#6066 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Zach... is there a Video for Galactic Tank Force waiting to be released ?
Were you hopefully hired by American for this game release ?
I think your Pulp Fiction video helped immensely with people who were on the fence about a retro style pin.

We did not do any media for gtf

#6067 1 year ago

NEW SDTM!
Scooby Doo Pinball FIRST IMPRESSIONS

SDTM tells ya what they love and what they don’t about Spooky Pinball’s newest game: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! Pinball Machine

Have you played Scooby Doo yet? What were your impressions? Did you order one? Is there a better theme for pinball?! Comment below and SUPPORT SDTM BY SHARING THE VIDEO

Scooby Doo Pinball: First Impressions (SDTM, 2023)

#6068 1 year ago

NEW PINBALL PRODUCT: Tilt & Truck Pinball Table by Escalera

Zach shows off Escalera's new MUST HAVE pinball product. The Tilt & Truck Pinball Table makes setting up, breaking down, loading, and unloading a pinball machine a breeze. Your collection deserves the Tilt & Truck Pinball Table. Get rid of your cheap broken down hydraulic lift table that leaks fluid everywhere and replace it with this!

#6069 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW PINBALL PRODUCT: Tilt & Truck Pinball Table by Escalera
Zach shows off Escalera's new MUST HAVE pinball product. The Tilt & Truck Pinball Table makes setting up, breaking down, loading, and unloading a pinball machine a breeze. Your collection deserves the Tilt & Truck Pinball Table. Get rid of your cheap broken down hydraulic lift table that leaks fluid everywhere and replace it with this!

Looks great , how much ?

#6070 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looks great , how much ?

Good question....does it come with 2 batteries as it appears the lift is worthless without battery power. The standup feature is nice and it appears to raise high enough the slide into the back of truck (which my HF isn't quite high enough). I'm interested, but my harbor freight $100 lift works very well so if reasonable this might be worth the upgrade.

#6071 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looks great , how much ?

Just looked....$3K

#6072 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just looked....$3K

#6073 1 year ago

Should be called "The Pinball Gurney!"

2 months later
#6074 11 months ago

NEW SDTM: First Time - Sports Card Grading

SDTM Zach shares with you his first look at sports card grading from PSA. Did he get any Mint Gem Grade 10 cards?! Or did he lose a lot of money and time submitting the cards for official grading? Tune in now and find out for yourself!

Follow, Like, & Subscribe to SDTM

Let us know if you wanna see more Sports Card content

#6075 11 months ago

I want to see the rubber band collector interview!

#6076 11 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM: First Time - Sports Card Grading
SDTM Zach shares with you his first look at sports card grading from PSA. Did he get any Mint Gem Grade 10 cards?! Or did he lose a lot of money and time submitting the cards for official grading? Tune in now and find out for yourself!
Follow, Like, & Subscribe to SDTM
Let us know if you wanna see more Sports Card content

#6077 11 months ago

Oh damn nostalgia blast there. I fuckin loved that guy when I was a kid.

#6078 11 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That's Don West!! He was a wrestling announcer for WCW & TNA too, up until he passed away just recently.

#6079 11 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I'd fall to sleep to him most weekend nights back in the day. Lulled to dreamland at 3 am by unbridled nonsense. The man would yell for up to eight straight hours in a go night in and night out.

I cared zero percent about sports memorabilia and it didn't matter. Everything was a total ripoff. Don's right hand, never-seen man was the disembodied voice scandal-plagued Kenny Goldin. What a dynamic duo. Whichever onscreen partner would effort a word in edgewise to no avail. Their presence must have been some kind of inside joke.

Holy grail lost to time is footage from the brief era Don was hawking Pokemon cards. Anyone with connections to the decades-dead Tennessee Shop At Home network video archives is encouraged to pull strings to bring them back from the dead. Some of his beanie babies era made it to Youtube, which is a blessing.

Don unfortunately recently passed away from cancer. Loved him mightily. RIP, Mr. West.

#6080 11 months ago

I was more the knife guys segment...I loved to drink a few and watch them bros.

1 week later
#6081 10 months ago

When are we gonna get another review from the SDTM boys? Seems like it's long overdue?

#6082 10 months ago

Take a look at the newest pinball accessory release by Stern Pinball!

The Godzilla Heat Ray Destruction Topper accessory features a custom molded Godzilla sculpture breathing a heat ray against a city landscape, 3 fire panels, a custom sculpted heat ray plume that implements 21 RGB lights, a special flash lamp projecting Godzilla's shadow nearby, distinctive light shows, and an exclusive "King Of The Monsters Time Attack" mode.

Purchase your very own Godzilla Pinball Topper from Flip N Out Pinball!

flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

#6083 10 months ago

Smelling Nostalgic: Candles That Smell Like Disney Theme Park Attractions

https://magiccandlecompany.com/sdtm

Did you know there is a candle that smells like the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride at Disney Theme Parks? That special, specific dank of The Haunted Mansion? How about the smell of the water and the log flume from the iconic Splash Mountain?

SDTM Zach looks to add the smell of nostalgia to his game room with the help of The Magic Candle Company. Watch as Zach gives a First-Smell and review to 5 different iconic theme park attraction candles.

Curious? Absolutely! Order your own Theme Park Attraction smell TODAY! And let us know in the Comments Section which is your favorite and if any help you recall the memories of wonder and magic!

LINK TO PURCHASE

Using the link above ALSO HELPS SDTM! Thanks for the support!

#6084 10 months ago

@zmeny, if you owe a pinball loan shark money…

#6085 10 months ago

We have gotten these candles for years. Not the same as the fragrances that they pump into WDW resorts, but you get the general idea.

Best are the Polynesian and The Wilderness.

#6086 10 months ago

Debt.

#6087 10 months ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

ZMeny, if you owe a pinball loan shark money…

I AM the pinball loan shark!

Quoted from Methos:

We have gotten these candles for years. Not the same as the fragrances that they pump into WDW resorts, but you get the general idea.
Best are the Polynesian and The Wilderness.

Oooh I guess I will have to try those out next.

Solid response there.

#6088 10 months ago

I’ve heard you talk about Disney on your podcast before, didn’t know you were a full on Disney Fan like me and my family too! We are longtime Disney World annual passholders, we spend between 40-50 days a year at the parks and resorts and we love those candles. We have stayed at most of the Disney resorts and our favorite smelling resort is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It’s like a sweet vanilla with a hint of woods or grass.
Disney creates the best experiences at the parks and resorts because they hit you with everything, sights, smells, sounds and even touch! The line for Smugglers Run at Hollywood Studios when you go down the ramp and the metal feels like it’s giving way as you walk to simulate the broken down feel of the resistance scrapping by!
Do you feel like a Magic Kingdom pin is far overdue? Castle shot down the middle, left orbit is adventure land, right orbit is tomorrowland, ramps to fantasy land to ride peter pans flight and dumbo, small world drop targets, a pirates scoop, a monorail hyperloop, etc. Or maybe go bigger and a whole disney world pin with all 4 parks and a bunch of resorts incorporated?
Anyway from one Disney fan to another, great job!

#6089 10 months ago

I'm very important...and my gameroom smells of rich mahogany

#6090 10 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What does your game room smell like?

My game room hasn't smelled the same since Ricardo Montalbon caused the great shortage of rich Corinthian leather.

#6091 10 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Smelling Nostalgic: Candles That Smell Like Disney Theme Park Attractions
Did you know there is a candle that smells like the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride at Disney Theme Parks? That special, specific dank of The Haunted Mansion? How about the smell of the water and the log flume from the iconic Splash Mountain?
SDTM Zach looks to add the smell of nostalgia to his game room with the help of The Magic Candle Company. Watch as Zach gives a First-Smell and review to 5 different iconic theme park attraction candles.
Curious? Absolutely! Order your own Theme Park Attraction smell TODAY! And let us know in the Comments Section which is your favorite and if any help you recall the memories of wonder and magic!
LINK TO PURCHASE
Using the link above ALSO HELPS SDTM! Thanks for the support!

Farts , old vinyl records with a hint of tile floor

#6092 10 months ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I’ve heard you talk about Disney on your podcast before, didn’t know you were a full on Disney Fan like me and my family too! We are longtime Disney World annual passholders, we spend between 40-50 days a year at the parks and resorts and we love those candles. We have stayed at most of the Disney resorts and our favorite smelling resort is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It’s like a sweet vanilla with a hint of woods or grass.
Disney creates the best experiences at the parks and resorts because they hit you with everything, sights, smells, sounds and even touch! The line for Smugglers Run at Hollywood Studios when you go down the ramp and the metal feels like it’s giving way as you walk to simulate the broken down feel of the resistance scrapping by!
Do you feel like a Magic Kingdom pin is far overdue? Castle shot down the middle, left orbit is adventure land, right orbit is tomorrowland, ramps to fantasy land to ride peter pans flight and dumbo, small world drop targets, a pirates scoop, a monorail hyperloop, etc. Or maybe go bigger and a whole disney world pin with all 4 parks and a bunch of resorts incorporated?
Anyway from one Disney fan to another, great job!

Damn, I’m jealous! And yes 1000% I would love a Magic Kingdom machine. Each ride is a mode. Man, so much there.

#6093 10 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn, I’m jealous! And yes 1000% I would love a Magic Kingdom machine. Each ride is a mode. Man, so much there.

I’ll just take the magic kingdom TRON legacy vault please

#6094 10 months ago

Mine smells like Gwen paltro’s vagigi

#6095 10 months ago

Old pinball wood and Sex Wax ( surfboard wax, coconut )

(resized).png (resized).png
#6096 10 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Listen Mr. Meny…if that is in fact your real name….

Tell us more about this:
F6F0054B-8E64-414E-B312-68697922923A.gifF6F0054B-8E64-414E-B312-68697922923A.gif

Oh yeah, and I’m on the road 2 1/2 hours a day, 6 days a week. Your podcasts are great.

1 week later
#6098 9 months ago

SDTM Reviews Rush by Stern Pinball

RUSH received BEST IN SHOW among other awards during the 2022 Pinball Awards. Did SDTM love it or hate it?!

Have you played Rush? Are you a fan of the band? Comment below with your experience on the game.

#6099 9 months ago

Dear, SDTM folks

Play more gottliebs, set aside your animosity for the games and enjoy something that's not in the "mainstream" for once appreciate the games as an extra helping of more pinball.

Get in front of "Black Hole" or "Countdown" The system 3s are nice.

#6100 9 months ago

Totally agree with Greg on this one even though as a theme I feel more like Zach. I’d still give it an A- overall as one of sterns best theme integration and rules wise. It’s so well done in every respect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.