bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 125.
#6001 1 year ago

I played DEJP for the first time on the weekend at Pinfest, and thought it was fantastic! Never really seen much of it before, so I was really surprised at how well it shot. Plus when the T-Rex ate the ball off the playfield it totally blew me away!

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve never played JP home pin. You should make a separate thread so you can have a poll.
I’d probably lean towards the DE unless it was in rough shape.

Poll up in new thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-or-that-jp-home-edition-vs-data-east-jp

1 month later
#6003 1 year ago

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM SDTM!

NEW EPISODE: Halloween Pinball Machine Review

What are your thoughts on Spooky Pinball’s newest game?

Halloween Pinball Review (Spooky Pinball, 2021) (SDTM, 2022)

#halloween
#michaelmyers
#spookypinball
#sdtmpinball

#6004 1 year ago

^^ loving it. Are Halloween pinballs half-price after Halloween yet?

2 weeks later
#6005 1 year ago

NEW SDTM! NEW TOY!

The Mandalorian Pinball Topper by Stern Pinball

The ULTIMATE Pinball Accessory? The GREATEST Pinball Topper?

Comment below on your thoughts of this over-the-top pinball accessory!

#6006 1 year ago

Don’t own a Mando, but happy to see an interactive topper from Stern is going in the right direction. Toppers are generally pointless, but should be tied to and enhance game play. That means additional modes, data tracking and live status. Even better when they aren’t plastered 5 times with the name of the game. If this is a test to see how the market reacts and whether this approach will work, it is a success. Stern needs to release toppers at time of game reveal, but in this case, I think it was worth the wait.

1 month later
#6007 1 year ago

What game would you love to surprise your best friend with? And who would you send it to? (tag them to show the pinball love)

#6008 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What game would you love to surprise your best friend with? And who would you send it to? (tag them to show the pinball love)

It was a long time coming to make up for that TMNT unboxing you put him through, but you did good.

#6009 1 year ago

Damn Zach....You give Greg a Stranger Things and Dennis a Deadpool Premium????!!!!

Please let me know when a slot for "close friend" opens up.

#6010 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was a long time coming to make up for that TMNT unboxing you put him through, but you did good.

He has turned down 'pizza' a couple of times now when we hang out. Hehehehe.

#6011 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

He has turned down 'pizza' a couple of times now when we hang out. Hehehehe.

The single best unboxing you've ever done.

The discomfort Greg was experiencing was palpable as he shoved more and more of that grade D(ominoes) pizza down his gullet as fast as possible to beat your unboxing completion. The 6k views that video's received are almost fair trade for a Stranger Things. Almost.

Fixed up my favorite moment from the misery here...

#6012 1 year ago

Ring In The New Year With SDTM!

NEW SDTM: REVIEWING 2022 PINBALL - The Best & The Worst Of The Year

What was your favorite and least favorite of 2022? COMMENT BELOW

#6013 1 year ago

MORE SDTM?!?! 2023 PINBALL SNEAK PEEK

Rumors, Speculation, Dirty Secrets, & Predictions

You think the fellas are right? Are they way off? What would you like to see for pinball in 2023? Comment below

***DISCLAIMER: ADULT LANGUAGE - VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED***

#6014 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ring In The New Year With SDTM!
NEW SDTM: REVIEWING 2022 PINBALL - The Best & The Worst Of The Year
What was your favorite and least favorite of 2022? COMMENT BELOW

Zach and Greg, you know you can't post a video praising Toy Story, that's now against the law.

Great videos, thanks, the quality is awesome.

#6015 1 year ago

You guys just talking Pinball and nonsense is great... don't feel you gotta do a review or unboxing to do a new video.
These two vids were the best of the year... like the early episodes in the garage.

Happy New Year
Cheers.

#6016 1 year ago

Watched the Best/Worst of 2022 while watching my kids and teleworking. Love the humor addition this time around and announcement of being a Spooky distributor.

I recently bought TNA CE, but for sure will move my purchase through you guys the next time Spooky releases a pin I want.

Keep producing so I can keep watching.

#6017 1 year ago

** Feedback here **

Several of the podcasts I listen to regularly are video or TV shows that have an audio only option in the form of a podcast. I don’t watch video / you tube shows in general, but would enjoy your show if it were available in Audio.

#6018 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

** Feedback here **
Several of the podcasts I listen to regularly are video or TV shows that have an audio only option in the form of a podcast. I don’t watch video / you tube shows in general, but would enjoy your show if it were available in Audio.

Appreciate the feedback buddy. We have considered this and even tried it early on in the series. It's not difficult to do, but something we are not fully convinced is the right decision for our material. In the meantime I have been told that signing up for YouTube Premium allows you to listen to audio-only on your phone without needing to keep the screen on.

#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

In the meantime I have been told that signing up for YouTube Premium allows you to listen to audio-only on your phone without needing to keep the screen on.

I can confirm this as a YouTube Premium user. I love the feature for listening to music.

#6020 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I can confirm this as a YouTube Premium user. I love the feature for listening to music.

YouTube Premium makes SUCH a big difference for me. I like being able to listen to various channels, including music, while driving. It's great to not have all the ads as well.

Can confirm that SDTM is great to listen to as well when you can't watch

#6021 1 year ago

OKAY Y'ALL

It's time for The 2022 Pinball Awards and TODAY is the LAST DAY for YOU to sign-up to become a judge for this year's program

Fast, Easy, & Fun

If you're a fan of pinball and have paid attention to the new games of the year and the media covering them, sign up as a PUBLIC MEMBER.

If you create media for pinball or if you are a high-level competition player, sign up as a JUDGE.

Public ballot request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ976JB
Judges ballot request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8M63VZV

ALSO, tune in LIVE on January 28th at youtube.com/thepinballnetwork to watch The Pinball Awards! AND WIN FREE PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS!!!

#6022 1 year ago

Just watched the “sneak peek “ video.There was no mention of the 2023 CGC medieval madness run.Is it not happening now? asking for a friend…..

#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Just watched the “sneak peek “ video.There was no mention of the 2023 CGC medieval madness run.Is it not happening now? asking for a friend…..

I highly doubt it as CGC is having massive problems getting games out the door. They still have most of the CCRLE's to deliver, which will probably take them the entire year to get out the door. They make a great product, but are by FAR the worst in the industry at delivering games.

#6024 1 year ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I think they would like to but I don’t know if it’ll happen or not

1 month later
#6025 1 year ago

Quality content right here! Let’s see another Face Off!

3 weeks later
#6026 1 year ago

The Godfather Pinball Featurette

Whew, what a game. Thanks again to Jersey Jack Pinball for the opportunity to come up and interview the creators of the game. We hope you all enjoy this Inside Look at JJP's newest game.

#6027 1 year ago

Franchi's artwork is spectacular. Game design looks classy and simply incredible.
And to think that it all started as a redesign/update of Capcom's Kingpin (kidding).

#6028 1 year ago

Loved all the dry humor from both Eric and Keith. It was very funny to me, but I may be overreacting.

#6029 1 year ago

SDTM and their amazing release videos. These deep dives are so well done and so informative it helps the community make a more educated decision on our pinball purchases. Amazing job keep up the great work. Hopefully other manufactures will see the value in what you do and use your services as well.

#6030 1 year ago

The Ol SDTM First Impressions of Jersey Jack Pinball’s newest game: Godfather 50th Anniversary

#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The Ol SDTM First Impressions of Jersey Jack Pinball’s newest game: Godfather 50th Anniversary

Did you boys actually refer to shots as “toys”?

#6032 1 year ago

I’ll interject an observation regarding excessive lighting comments on Godfather. Sure the lighting is too much for this game and the color combos are terrible. You with me so far?

Ok now look at JD’s stream of FF LE. Expression lighting is not adding value and it is confusing more than anything else. You can’t notice it on GF and then not ding FF for the same thing. That is a primary reason I like the pro model of ff. Both JJP and Stern could program their lighting system to the point I like them, but for now both strike out.

#6033 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Short answer - yes they did. I know, embarrassing.

I haven’t checked this thread in months b/c SDTM does their thing to sell games but I noticed the same thing after watching their recent “impressions” video. I always appreciate everything pinball so I’m watching but this is a new low. And after playing GF in person, hands on, I have to say that this is the absolute worst I’ve seen of these two and your comment around them calling shots as toys is exactly the problem.

This whole thing started off as a fun journey of two hobbiest to providing their perspective but now that both of them are embedded in distributing, it’s getting disgusting. Yes - they said shots are now toys. Why? B/c GF basically has no toys but they need to sell it. After playing it, the fact that there are barely any toys is SO apparent. Yet these two provide impressions like it’s all good. How they sleep at night with no guilty conscious is an achievement.

I’m going to post my full impressions on the GF thread and I’ll say the same thing here as well. SDTM is now an absolute joke now and as someone that contributed money to these two earlier on to provide their perspective, unless something significantly changes, it’s like giving money to ford to review their new mustang. What I find the best about these two is that they created an awards show so they could actually win that pinball podcast award which Zach so desperately wants but the public won’t give him, and for good reason.

And they have my number - they texted me earlier to connect……fellas any day if you want to run through what is going on. Short solution - stop being such a bunch of shills. And I know I’m on their thread so the kool aid drinkers will look to defend but anyone with half a brain can see wtf is going on with these two.

#6034 1 year ago

Felt like I was watching an infomercial. I understand passion and excitement about a new release, but I would like to see a little objectivity too. This seemed very exaggerated to me to the point where I no longer believed anything either were saying and found their impressions meaningless. Maybe I’m wrong and both of them were being truly honest about how great this game is in every way imaginable, but, with respect, I remain skeptical.

#6035 1 year ago

I love Greg and I love Zach. They are totally up front and tell us that they're using mind control to sell us machines. And I'm okay with that. I'm a grown up and know what I'm getting into when I press play. Even knowing that, I would never want to skip their videos. These guys are the most entertaining people that talk pinball anywhere on the Interweb. Their excitement is palpable and seems truly genuine to me. And it's a contagion. I always want to buy a machine when I hear how excited they are. And, IMO no one shoots pinball machines better. Their videos look awesome and really make me want to break out my wallet. So, thank you Zach and Greg! Keep doing what you're doing! I enjoy it very much!

#6036 1 year ago

I give 2 thumbs ups and A+ to the featurette video Zach created. It was informative, interesting and well produced. The first impressions video, however, seemed over exaggerated to me. Maybe that was their intent to be entertaining, but I’m looking for reliable information that I can trust also.

#6037 1 year ago

Thanks again for the great content guys.

Cheers.

P.S. I erased a long rant about pinside and Pinsiders.
Your welcome.

#6038 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Apologies if we messed up and used the wrong word. I’ll have to go back and watch again.

#6039 1 year ago
Quoted from MayDave:

Felt like I was watching an infomercial. I understand passion and excitement about a new release, but I would like to see a little objectivity too. This seemed very exaggerated to me to the point where I no longer believed anything either were saying and found their impressions meaningless. Maybe I’m wrong and both of them were being truly honest about how great this game is in every way imaginable, but, with respect, I remain skeptical.

Hopefully if you play the game and enjoy it you’d be willing to come back on with an update. As it is now, you are being pretty unkind with some accusations. But, every one is entitled to their own thoughts so we support ya here regardless man.

#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Apologies if we messed up and used the wrong word. I’ll have to go back and watch again.

When you going to post the MM review?

#6041 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I love Greg and I love Zach. They are totally up front and tell us that they're using mind control to sell us machines. And I'm okay with that. I'm a grown up and know what I'm getting into when I press play. Even knowing that, I would never want to skip their videos. These guys are the most entertaining people that talk pinball anywhere on the Interweb. Their excitement is palpable and seems truly genuine to me. And it's a contagion. I always want to buy a machine when I hear how excited they are. And, IMO no one shoots pinball machines better. Their videos look awesome and really make me want to break out my wallet. So, thank you Zach and Greg! Keep doing what you're doing! I enjoy it very much!

Appreciate the support. The kind words mean a lot. We hope others like the information and entertainment we create. We put every ounce of energy we have into it.

#6042 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Thanks again for the great content guys.
Cheers.
P.S. I erased a long rant about pinside and Pinsiders.
Your welcome.

Hey appreciate the nice comments buddy.

#6043 1 year ago
Quoted from MayDave:

I give 2 thumbs ups and A+ to the featurette video Zach created. It was informative, interesting and well produced. The first impressions video, however, seemed over exaggerated to me. Maybe that was their intent to be entertaining, but I’m looking for reliable information that I can trust also.

Sorry the First Impressions video wasn’t up to par for you. We hope to do better on future episodes.

#6044 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What I took from those comments was that the newton ball thing provided as much entertainment value as a toy usually does. Didn’t think much of it. I don’t see need to apologize. Some of the comments about that are pretty overboard.

The video was informative and I enjoyed it. I can consider the source of material and judge the information
Accordingly. As George Carlin said, it’s this real moron thing I do called “thinking”.

#6045 1 year ago

You guys make great content ..... my guess is its another B+

#6046 1 year ago

It's all good...Keep doing your thing guys...The hobby is better off with you guys in it.

Folks, this is supposed to be fun...It's pinball

#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Short answer - yes they did. I know, embarrassing.
I haven’t checked this thread in months b/c SDTM does their thing to sell games but I noticed the same thing after watching their recent “impressions” video. I always appreciate everything pinball so I’m watching but this is a new low. And after playing GF in person, hands on, I have to say that this is the absolute worst I’ve seen of these two and your comment around them calling shots as toys is exactly the problem.
This whole thing started off as a fun journey of two hobbiest to providing their perspective but now that both of them are embedded in distributing, it’s getting disgusting. Yes - they said shots are now toys. Why? B/c GF basically has no toys but they need to sell it. After playing it, the fact that there are barely any toys is SO apparent. Yet these two provide impressions like it’s all good. How they sleep at night with no guilty conscious is an achievement.
I’m going to post my full impressions on the GF thread and I’ll say the same thing here as well. SDTM is now an absolute joke now and as someone that contributed money to these two earlier on to provide their perspective, unless something significantly changes, it’s like giving money to ford to review their new mustang. What I find the best about these two is that they created an awards show so they could actually win that pinball podcast award which Zach so desperately wants but the public won’t give him, and for good reason.
And they have my number - they texted me earlier to connect……fellas any day if you want to run through what is going on. Short solution - stop being such a bunch of shills. And I know I’m on their thread so the kool aid drinkers will look to defend but anyone with half a brain can see wtf is going on with these two.

You really do have an unhealthy obsession with SDTM. You should really be asking yourself why you keep watching videos by people that you clearly hate. Why do things that make yourself miserable. Why in the world would they waste a second of their life on you when this is what you constantly post about them?

#6048 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Quality content right here! Let’s see another Face Off!

I agree!!!! Please FACE OFF again!!!

#6049 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’ll interject an observation regarding excessive lighting comments on Godfather. Sure the lighting is too much for this game and the color combos are terrible. You with me so far?
Ok now look at JD’s stream of FF LE. Expression lighting is not adding value and it is confusing more than anything else. You can’t notice it on GF and then not ding FF for the same thing. That is a primary reason I like the pro model of ff. Both JJP and Stern could program their lighting system to the point I like them, but for now both strike out.

I was at my local location playing some games the other day for a little. While walking out after playing Rush LE and thought that was real fun and nice overall package. This was first time playing this pin. Didn't really get into the expression lighting or perhaps didn't really care while playing. TS4 was near by but I didn't get a chance to play again but man the lighting was bright. I don't have any JJPs at home yet but was considering GF down the road. BUT, the lighting for this game might be too much imo. Not sure that would be my decision to not get one but I certainly would have to play before making that decision.

#6050 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You really do have an unhealthy obsession with SDTM. You should really be asking yourself why you keep watching videos by people that you clearly hate. Why do things that make yourself miserable.

I didn't get any hate from his post, it sounds like he enjoys their show but just wants them to be a little more critical of the games they review.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.