bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 125.
#5901 1 year ago

I liked the review,mostly it was fair.
But it does make me laugh that most people have an issue with the insane price increase and that doesn't get more airtime on their review.

I was shocked when JJP raised Gnr's price from 9.5k for an LE to 11k. Luckily my distributor gave me the lower price.

The new pricing structure will be the downfall of this company in my opinion. I am out buying new games at 12k. And I bought 5 out of the 6 titles they made before Ts4

#5902 1 year ago

Hummmmm I guess I reserved all those shit reviews before Zach was a distributor and before there was a need for all the commercials?
And I forgot that data east is still selling LW3 and that Sega is still selling Jurassic Park The Lost World! Damn I don’t know how I can be such a shill for those pins!!!!! Ohhhhhhh wait……I just like pinball and have a objective review and opinion! Shit I forgot about how much I shill for DeadPool that Zach hasn’t had in stock and can’t get! Damn I forgot another……Star Wars!!!!!! Damn I can’t keep up with all my shilling for games I love that that Zach can’t even get and sell!!!!! Appreciate you sticking in there and continuing to watch.

#5903 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ahhhhh Im sorry to disappoint!!!! Your Lost World DMD coloring was probably going to be a C. Glad I could help you get that up to a B+

Yeah, as a fan of the pin I definitely wanted your opinion. I always want to respect and engage the target audience and get feedback, maybe something to consider. Of the countless hours I put in to that color, it’s interesting that you feel your 15 minutes made such an impact. Which of your pins do you have ColorDMD in, I’m sure you wouldn’t waste one for a B+ color job. Did you tell Zack it was only a B+ gift

#5904 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sorry you feel that way man. I only knew those things about ts4 because I researched trivia for last week’s stream with Joel to do giveaways. But, if you’d like it to be research just for the sake of shilling a game, then I guess that’ll work too.

Based on the # of upvotes on a limited thread like this, he’s got a lot of company who agrees with him man…

#5905 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah, as a fan of the pin I definitely wanted your opinion. I always want to respect and engage the target audience and get feedback, maybe something to consider. Of the countless hours I put in to that color, it’s interesting that you feel your 15 minutes made such an impact. Which of your pins do you have ColorDMD in, I’m sure you wouldn’t waste one for a B+ color job. Did you tell Zack it was only a B+ gift

I’m just confused that you value my opinion and feed back on somethings but discredit it o others. I’m a fan of the hobby and pinball, not just that game. It’s fine to disagree with me but to discredit my trustworthiness is completely different. A 15 minute evaluation of the color of the dots can go along way. I understand it takes a lot more time to actual go in and make those dots color, Not discrediting that at all but don’t discredit not knowing how to color them correctly and reaching out to me for help. I don’t care what the grade of your coloring was. It was a great and very generous gift from Zach! I was great full for that. So that makes it an A+ gift. And for the record I think your finished product was very good! I’d give it an A! To bad we don’t sell color DMD so we could shill it for you!!!!

#5906 1 year ago

I would like to chime in here and say that Greg and Zach are awesome and I appreciate all the hard work they put in to entertain us. Keep it going guys and don't let the haters stop you. You have way more silent fans than the ones commenting. Love ya both!

#5907 1 year ago

I’m just confused that you value my opinion and feed back on somethings but discredit it o others. I’m a fan of the hobby and pinball, not just that game. It’s fine to disagree with me but to discredit my trustworthiness is completely different. A 15 minute evaluation of the color of the dots can go along way. I understand it takes a lot more time to actual go in and make those dots color, Not discrediting that at all but don’t discredit not knowing how to color them correctly and reaching out to me for help. I don’t care what the grade of your coloring was. It was a great and very generous gift from Zach! I was great full for that. So that makes it an A+ gift. And for the record I think your finished product was very good! I’d give it an A! To bad we don’t sell color DMD so we could shill it for you!!!!

Dude I didn’t watch or comment on your content. My only feedback is I do not have an hour to watch a review on YouTube. Yes I think 65 minutes is to long to say B+.

I do not work for ColorDMD they do provide some compensation but I certainly didn’t do it for that. I think most people that color just do it for the love of the hobby and a way to contribute. I just help out when I can. I think the guys at ColorDMD are fantastic and they sell an amazing product. I’ll tell anyone that for free. It’s to bad you guys only recommend things you sell.

I don’t think it’s fair to ColorDMD to drag them into this. I have no connection to them and they have nothing to do with your TS4 review.

I was just kidding around but you generally seem to be struggling with internet feedback. Try not to take it seriously.

#5908 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dude I didn’t watch or comment on your content. My only feedback is I do not have an hour to watch a review on YouTube. Yes I think 65 minutes is to long to say B+.
I do not work for ColorDMD they do provide some compensation but I certainly didn’t do it for that. I think most people that color just do it for the love of the hobby and a way to contribute. I just help out when I can. I think the guys at ColorDMD are fantastic and they sell an amazing product. I’ll tell anyone that for free. It’s to bad you guys only recommend things you sell.
I don’t think it’s fair to ColorDMD to drag them into this they. I have no connection to them and they have nothing to do with your TS4 review.

Come on!!!!! Reread your own post! In no way was it as simple as you just don’t have time to watch! Seriously reread it and look at your sarcasm. We did this show well before Zach was a distributor. We did it for the love of the hobby…….just as we do know! Just like any one working for color DMD as you say. And you most certainly have a connection to them if you colored one of there games! We don’t sell a lot of things we have backed or said we love! We don’t in any way recommend only things we sell! We recommend products we enjoy. There have been plenty we have turned down because we don’t support or believe in that we have been asked to showcase!
Also what part were you just kidding about? And how should I be more receptive to feedback? By not giving an honest opinion you don’t agree with? The review is to long that you didn’t watch? Seriously, I want to know how I can improve with your first comment!

#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don’t think it’s fair to ColorDMD to drag them into this. I have no connection to them and they have nothing to do with your TS4 review.
I was just kidding around but you generally seem to be struggling with internet feedback. Try not to take it seriously.

You are def the problem

#5910 1 year ago

Come on!!!!! Reread your own post! In no way was it as simple as you just don’t have time to watch! Seriously reread it and look at your sarcasm. We did this show well before Zach was a distributor. We did it for the love of the hobby…….just as we do know! Just like any one working for color DMD as you say. And you most certainly have a connection to them if you colored one of there games! We don’t sell a lot of things we have backed or said we love! We don’t in any way recommend only things we sell! We recommend products we enjoy. There have been plenty we have turned down because we don’t support or believe in that we have been asked to showcase!

I colored a game years ago, I just want everyone here to know I don’t represent ColorDMD. Feel free to trash me personally all you like, I’m just your average asshole talking shit online.

If you want honest feedback the average length for content on YouTube is significantly less than 65 minutes. I would consider a more edited version. The damn movie was only 35 minutes longer and it was too long.

#5911 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I colored a game years ago, I just want everyone here to know I don’t represent ColorDMD. Feel free to trash me personally all you like, I’m just your average asshole talking shit online.

And you do a good job of talking shit! Lol

As a fellow asshole, how do you “identify”. Just curious.

#5912 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And you do a good job of talking shit! Lol
As a fellow asshole, how do you “identify”. Just curious.

As a B+ asshole. Lol

#5913 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If you want honest feedback the average length for content on YouTube is significantly less than 65 minutes. I would consider a more edited version. The damn movie was only 35 minutes longer and it was too long.

Hard to go any shorter when you feel you have to explain in detail your every thought, otherwise you will be considered a shill and unbiased! Or in your words producing an infomercial! Not trashing you personally! I literally said your work turned out good. But don’t act like this is the only time you have” given feedback” on our videos! Or are you trashing us? Guess I’m confused?

#5914 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

As a B+ asshole. Lol

Lol. I’m thinking A+ grade but hey, who knows.

#5915 1 year ago

Hard to go any shorter when you feel you have to explain in detail your every thought, otherwise you will be considered a shill and unbiased! Or in your words producing an infomercial! Not trashing you personally! I literally said your work turned out good. But don’t act like this is the only time you have” given feedback” on our videos! Or are you trashing us? Guess I’m confused?

When you are explaining you are losing Greg.

Best to ignore it.

#5916 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you are explaining you are losing Greg.
Best to ignore it.

You are not wrong! I’ll give you that! But what is a true review with out some form of explanation of your thoughts! It would be weak and uninformed.

#5917 1 year ago

You caught the sarcasm but you still took it seriously. I was being sarcastic meaning what I said was not meant to be taken literally. I was only making fun of the length, trying to be clever and make a joke that all you guys do is commercials and have now moved on to the length of late night infomercials. After this many years me being an asshole should be assumed. As the say, been there have the t-shirt.

#5918 1 year ago

A better way to look at the TS4 Review is Greg Ranked it #29 out of a total of 46 games he’s ever rated…that would put it #63 on a Top 100 List if you extrapolate the position mathematically...doesn’t sound too overhyped in that context…

#5919 1 year ago

You are not wrong! I’ll give you that! But what is a true review with out some form of explanation of your thoughts! It would be weak and uninformed.

You guys dropped it in the stream.

That’s it. Drop the mic.

Much more than anybody else does.

We all know there is a shit show of idiots that can’t help themselves. Jealousy? Who knows.

It’s just entertainment and I appreciate it for one

I guarantee you there isn’t one dummy buying a game based on your grade! We like to see the review. Period.

#5920 1 year ago

It’s easier to tear something down than it is to defend your thoughts! It tends to get more listens! And much easier to be like some media and just play the game with out giving any real insight at all!

#5921 1 year ago

Damn, the night I pass out at 8:30pm like Greg Bone, and I wake up to this titillating back-and-forth! I for one like ‘feisty Greg’. Such a laid-back, genuine, kind, accepting fella until you push him on integrity and principle. Then watch out, he will stand his ground like the bad ass that he is.

Fuck yeah Greg! Open Pandora’s Box a bit and let the ugly truth spill out on some of these unkind and unwarranted comments. You’ve got my continued respect.

#5922 1 year ago

If you don't like Zach and Greg just don't watch their content. Geez the world is filled with whiny little babies. If you are actually offended by this stuff it's very likely that you are just jealous of their success.

As for the review. Haven't played it, TS4 was a lame movie, the game is a Stern pro for 12k. It's going to take a massive hit on the used market. Hard pass for me. JJP is going the opposite direction from WOZ and the magic is long gone.

#5923 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have been thinking about your conundrum, and I think I have a found a solution! If you think the STDM review is too long.... don't watch it!
YOU'RE WELCOME

#5924 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

I have been thinking about your conundrum, and I think I have a found a solution! If you think the STDM review is too long.... don't watch it!
YOU'RE WELCOME

He didnt, he admitted he skipped to the end and just wants to bitch.

#5925 1 year ago

Enjoyed the video and entertainment you guys always provide. Hopefully you guys are able to take in the compliments you receive. Know though a vocal minority love to take a piss, you have far more that enjoy it and want to see more. As was once said, “ remember the compliments you receive; forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.”

#5926 1 year ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Enjoyed the video and entertainment you guys always provide. Hopefully you guys are able to take in the compliments you receive. Know though a vocal minority love to take a piss, you have far more that enjoy it and want to see more. As was once said, “ remember the compliments you receive; forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.”

Oh for sure. Criticism comes with the gig, even ignorant criticism. We love creating content, so we will continue to create content. Pretty simple.

#5927 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh for sure. Criticism comes with the gig, even ignorant criticism. We love creating content, so we will continue to create content. Pretty simple.

1. I love kicking back with a beverage and watching your reviews. I don't want 8 minutes. I want a complete review, take as long as it takes. I find it entertaining.

2. With the incremental rise in pin prices, you may want to contemplate a "value for your dollar" grade. TS4 should be a D at most. That would level the overall grade where it should be, in my opinion only. If you can buy a Deadpool pro and Godzilla pro for the same as one TS4? Man, that can't be ignored.

3. Keep up the good work guys, appreciate the content.

Team Bone

#5928 1 year ago

Clicked on the thumbnail and saw the video was over an hour. An hour?!?

I noped right on X and closed that tab.

A video is lucky to have my attention for a few minutes.

#5929 1 year ago

I also like the length of the reviews and the humor. TS4 is a solid C- machine though.

Quoted from Freakyguy666:

A better way to look at the TS4 Review is Greg Ranked it #29 out of a total of 46 games he’s ever rated…that would put it #63 on a Top 100 List if you extrapolate the position mathematically

This. Great insight. Helps me feel better about the review.

You guys should grade these on your own curves. Or…you can have a reputation for liking everything:
754DDB99-23BF-4194-8A87-FD038C535730.gif754DDB99-23BF-4194-8A87-FD038C535730.gif

#5930 1 year ago

I enjoy the videos and I also understand its well just their opinions. I do appreciate the time and energy they put into making this hobby/sport fun for All.

As far as TS4 most who bash it and constantly shit on it haven't even played it. I find that comical that these people literally wake up and think yeah let's go shit on a pin I haven't put some hours on.

Three of my friends have an LE and all of them can't stop talking about how it's exceeded their expectations. I've put about 20 games on it and I think is a very fun pin. I am excited to get mine especially after just getting back from Disneyworld.

I'm a big believer and was raised where ya got a problem with something then go do it better or shut the hell up.

Im glad that Zach and Greg exist and that they have thick skin. They continue to raise the bar for the community.

I'm fully aware everyone is entitled to their opinion but just like mine it doesn't mean shizzz at the end of the day it's pinball spend your money or dont.

PS I was not paid to endorse these two guys lol o and Zach GB premium is better than the pro

#5931 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

You guys should grade these on your own curves. Or…you can have a reputation for liking everything:

Zach and Greg base their grade curve on the totality of pinball machines.

So if Toy Story is a B on rules, then a super basic early-SS game with no depth and unbalanced scoring might be a D or F, you know?

TS4's layout might be a B, but then a bad symmetrical-layout EM with little to do or shoot for might be a D.

Same with toys, compared to some 70s games with no ramps or drop targets, or toys whatsoever, TS4 is packed.

Take theme, sure TS4 isn't the best of Toy Story, but as a theme it's miles better than Tennis, Marbles, and Skiing. All of which are real pinball themes. If TS4 is a D theme, then what's that make Hangliding or Italian Merchant ships?

So Zach and Greg's grading scale is pretty accurate when you take all pinball machines together.

#5932 1 year ago

I played it at the rec bar here in Louisville the
other day and it is a looker and it did shoot good.

But 12000 is always going to be the huge hangup.

Dam that's a lot of cheese.

Just overpriced Seems to be The common complaint.

I do miss the old sdtm days but Greg and Zach are as
personable and accommodating as they come.

Also Zach is a kick ass distributor who I got my comic sw pro from.

If you have ever been to a PINBALL show where he is setup he is
a true ambassador for pinball.

#5933 1 year ago

I for one appreciate the videos and opinions. I jokingly assumed the game was a B+ before I watched the video That being said I dont think the review was that far off (especially if u take price out of it). It seems to me 90% of the complaints are about JJP pricing model that I suspect doesn't make Zach or Greg very happy, and if u got a few beers with them they would probably agree that JJP missed the mark on their new pricing structure.

#5934 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I also like the length of the reviews and the humor. TS4 is a solid C- machine though.

[quoted image]

I appreciate you putting yourself out there with the C- grade, most people unwilling to do that. BUT, grade the categories individually and see if that’s the overall score.

#5935 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

[quoted image]

Would it be a C- if the game was $8K instead of $12K? It's virtually impossible for people (including myself) to separate the actual game from the price. I have no doubt the game is fun its simply not $12K worth of fun

#5936 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Would it be a C- if the game was $8K instead of $12K? It's virtually impossible for people (including myself) to separate the actual game from the price. I have no doubt the game is fun its simply not $12K worth of fun

It’s super simple to review a game without taking into consideration the price. Just imagine youve played it a lot, understand it’s elements, and you didn’t buy the game or you just played it a ton on location.

#5937 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It’s super simple to review a game without taking into consideration the price. Just imagine youve played it a lot, understand it’s elements, and you didn’t buy the game or you just played it a ton on location.

From all the streams and reviews I've seen, I would say it looks like a solid B/B+. But who wants to pay $12k for a B? That's why value needs a rating.

I think the pin looks fun and enjoyable, but damn that price, I just can't get past it.

#5938 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Kind of if u have one in the next room u can play over and over as many of us dont have the option to play on location....the problem is for that to happen u have to fork out the $12K+

#5939 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Kind of if u have one in the next room u can play over and over as many of us dont have the option to play on location....the problem is for that to happen u have to fork out the $12K+

I hear ya there. Location pinball around me is limited as well

#5940 1 year ago

As another Pinsider or more pointed out I would want to suggest that perhaps Zach and Greg would add a another category outside the overall grading having the title:

Home Setting

This category can encompass the replayability factor, cost of ownership, and overall summation of the game itself for a Home pin. There can be other influences as well.
That way, the grading scale only considers the game itself as released and this new category can target what Zach/Greg believe the game grading can be for home usage.

As we’ve seen these are two different scores for folks. Yes, the game might be nice to play (high score) but it’s not worth it for a home setting for X reasons (lower score).

ZMeny

#5941 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Then don’t review it if you can’t play it enough to do a review. I’m confused.

The price tag SUCKS. but that has nothing to do with how good the game is.

#5942 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then don’t review it if you can’t play it enough to do a review. I’m confused.

The price tag SUCKS. but that has nothing to do with how good the game is.

Don't think he was referring to reviewing it, but more that some can't try before they buy. If they want to even have a chance to play a machine they have to be prepared to drop cash and buy one, so a value segment of a review would be helpful.

Although, at $12k, I think Toy Story is a pretty easy answer to figure out without help.

#5943 1 year ago

You can tell Zach has kids because the videos are of him asking questions to Greg as if he’s a child. It’s cute, but I think he doesn’t realize he does it.

“And what grade would we give the art?”
“And who did the code for this game?”
“And did we remember our lunchbox before getting on the bus?”

I’m going to pass on Toy Story 4. It’s fun, but $12 is too high for a theme I don’t particularly love. Always appreciate the show putting these games in historical context.

#5944 1 year ago

I enjoyed watching your review as I do all your content so thanks for taking the time to do it.

I would like cost/value to be more of a discussion especially around this pin. You did call out the lack of a true nice mech like many of us have.

Maybe we need a new “this or that” video considering the cost of the games? I know personally i was in on TS4 until i saw the cost of the game vs what i perceived to be in the game. Hence the value. I wouldve dropped the 12k if after reveal i thought it was packed.

#5945 1 year ago

Game B-
Value F

Fair assessment?

#5946 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Game B-
Value F
Fair assessment?

I don’t think so, F is a bit harsh. They had one at Pinballs.com when I picked up my 24 machine and I got quite a few games in.

I personally don’t think it’s a game I want to spend $12k on. But if you love Toy Story, there is $12k of value there. It’s remarkably well done.

It’s probably JJPs best game. Very accessible. And, we need some of these pins to have accessible game design.

#5947 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

You can tell Zach has kids because the videos are of him asking questions to Greg as if he’s a child. It’s cute, but I think he doesn’t realize he does it.
I’m going to pass on Toy Story 4. It’s fun, but $12 is too high for a theme I don’t particularly love. Always appreciate the show putting these games in historical context.

Hahaha you’re not entirely wrong. I’m also guilty of throwing things on Greg impromptu to see how he handles the pressure.

#5948 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Don't think he was referring to reviewing it, but more that some can't try before they buy. If they want to even have a chance to play a machine they have to be prepared to drop cash and buy one, so a value segment of a review would be helpful.
Although, at $12k, I think Toy Story is a pretty easy answer to figure out without help.

If I can’t try before I buy, I don’t buy. But understand those that choose to do so.

#5949 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

It’s more of just our place on the show. We found that with time. Zach is a better lead, all preparation. I just come shooting from the hip ha ha! And this is literally true. That’s why he throws the questions at me! He’s like a fucking Encyclopedia of pinball and I know enough, but I just love to play! So I welcome the pop quizzes haha. There doesn’t seem like a lot of structure when it comes to our show but there is and it’s all from him! I’m just the one who makes it entertaining hahahah

#5950 1 year ago

It’s more of just our place on the show. We found that with time. Zach is a better lead, all preparation. I just come shooting from the hip ha ha! And this is literally true. That’s why he throws the questions at me! He’s like a fucking Encyclopedia of pinball and I know enough, but I just love to play! So I welcome the pop quizzes haha. There doesn’t seem like a lot of structure when it comes to our show but there is and it’s all from him! I’m just the one who makes it entertaining

Don’t count yourself out, buddy. Don’t need encyclopedic knowledge of everything to have good taste. I literally bought my TMNT based on your comments selling the gameplay and it was a GOOD CALL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 16.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/119?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.