bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 125.
#5801 2 years ago

To the dudes at silverball and TPN.
Please do not ridicule or make fun of Jar jar binks the man who played him contemplated and almost committed suicide because of the whole ridicule.

https://www.wimp.com/actor-who-played-jar-jar-binks-opens-up-about-almost-committing-suicide/

#5802 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

To the dudes at silverball and TPN.
Please do not ridicule or make fun of Jar jar binks the man who played him contemplated and almost committed suicide because of the whole ridicule.
https://www.wimp.com/actor-who-played-jar-jar-binks-opens-up-about-almost-committing-suicide/

Wow, that's a downer. One would hope that he's come to terms with things now.

I don't know that just because the actor had struggles, that we shouldn't be able to criticize or make fun of the character.

#5803 2 years ago

Some new and different types of content from Greg and I. It would mean a ton if you all shared the videos or like/subscribe. Thanks again everyone!

#5804 2 years ago

Enjoyed the new videos. Thanks for all the work you put into them.

#5805 2 years ago

Just wondering ….When the two of you plan to take the wives out to dinner ,do you review 10 restaurants only to come up with them all rating a B+ ? Then ,while waiting for you guys to talk each other in to who’s got the best service ,silverware ,etc. the gals go out and eat themselves ?Sorry ,this has been on my mind I need to know

#5806 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just wondering ….When the two of you plan to take the wives out to dinner ,do you review 10 restaurants only to come up with them all rating a B+ ? Then ,while waiting for you guys to talk each other in to who’s got the best service ,silverware ,etc. the gals go out and eat themselves ?Sorry ,this has been on my mind I need to know

Sounds about right

#5807 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Enjoyed the new videos. Thanks for all the work you put into them.

Can't wait to hear what's on the "production line" at American Pinball. Thanks for all the hard work you do, brother Coz

#5808 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Since we are still on anger-inducing machines, MET is on the front of my mind. A core goal is to complete 3 columns of inserts to light crank it up. Maybe if you’re lucky do it 2-3 times in a single game for the ages. What kills me is not closing out a column or two and draining and losing your progress. It seems so simple to do but requires much skill.
And then there is the rising cross inlane. Hit 4 in-line targets to start cross multiball and then hit the cross 3 times to lock a ball on magnet. One more hit frees ball and awards super jackpot. That’s maybe 8 hits required. Easy right? MET brings out the turrets in me.

I often find MET pretty frustrating for the same reason. The lack of progress carrying over ball to ball on both the column completion (if you don't quite get one or more locked in) and the grave markers resetting, leaving you with little to show for the ball can be infuriating. Columns are generally what I'm going for as I don't want to just smack Sparky all day just for the MB, and CIU is where the big points are. Obviously you are collecting items just hitting them to get columns lit, but that just isn't the same, LOL. I guess that's part of the charm and makes it unique really.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about making CIU require even fewer items to start. Feels like that would transform those into just more of your standard modes that nearly every game has. Here the way they are now they're basically mini wizard modes...

1 month later
#5809 1 year ago

Sometimes, ya just gotta Treat Yourself!

Comment below on whether anything SDTM bought tickled your nostalgia bone

#5810 1 year ago

SDTM: Deadpool Cover Mod by Hurryuppinball

WHAT DOES THAT MOD SAY?!

Join Zach and Greg as they showcase the Deadpool Pinball Ramp Cover Mod

Get yours today and tell them SDTM sent ya!

#5811 1 year ago

U guys rock

#5812 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

WHAT DOES THAT MOD SAY?!

You need some PinMonk spike 2 power supply fans in your life. In the first part of that video it sounds like someone is testing jet engines in the room, lol.

#5813 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

WHAT DOES THAT MOD SAY?!

I almost spit my coffee everywhere while watching this… That’s the funniest video you’ve done. Pure awesomeness!

#5814 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

You need some PinMonk spike 2 power supply fans in your life. In the first part of that video it sounds like someone is testing jet engines in the room, lol.

Haha. I like to say it sounds like someone is vacuuming in an adjacent room. Zach knows all about them, though. He did a great install video for the Spooky version of the quiet fan kit for the power supply.

#5815 1 year ago

Here it is! The reveal of the Elite Pinball Toppers POTC Pinball Topper! Enjoy. Whew it’s bad ass and one of the greatest pinball toppers ever created!

#5816 1 year ago

Wowza. Me likey. Elite’s JJPOTC topper is the new ‘my Precious’. I WANT!!!

What’s the installed height above the existing top of cab? Looks like a good 10+ inches, oh my. I’ve said too much.

#5818 1 year ago

You are unimpressed or think it is only worth ___ to you? Fill in the blank, if you don’t mind. I am just curious is all.

#5819 1 year ago

I am thinking Elite is planning to come out with another model of this JJPOTC topper. They specifically called this the Elite Edition, which leaves open ability to have another level of this topper, as they’ve done with all other releases. Maybe they should have gold plated the plaque on this edition, so that the next level release could make their plaques of fools gold and offer it for $1,750. I’ll bet they could sell 250 of them. As the demand for the elite edition was strong. It sold out in 2 hours, right?

#5820 1 year ago

You are unimpressed or think it is only worth __ to you? Fill in the blank, if you don’t mind. I am just curious is all.

It's OK to look at, nothing special IMO. But the price that will be asked is almost what I would have paid for a pinball , " back in the day" not that long ago. Pinball has changed for the worst.
Definitely a rich man ( or stupid ) mans hobby these days and some of the people that are new tend to be spoilt arseholes.

#5821 1 year ago

I am thinking Elite is planning to come out with another model of this JJPOTC topper. They specifically called this the Elite Edition, which leaves open ability to have another level of this topper, as they’ve done with all other releases. Maybe they should have gold plated the plaque on this edition, so that the next level release could make their plaques of fools gold and offer it for $1,750. I’ll bet they could sell 250 of them. As the demand for the elite edition was strong. It sold out in 2 hours, right?

I believe Elite has plans to release a Standard edition but no plans to have a middle model this release.

#5822 1 year ago

It's pretty neat. I like that it has both a display and physical moving elements. I've never seen that before. It's a good idea that I'm surprised no one has attempted before.

#5823 1 year ago

Toppers are the new LE, but this one is insane. Does it even need to be on a pinball machine? It is that cool!

#5824 1 year ago

Looks like the Elite POTC is sold out. Hope they all went to Pinsiders!

#5825 1 year ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Looks like the Elite POTC is sold out. Hope they all went to Pinsiders!

they sold out real quick.

#5826 1 year ago

SDTM Reviews The Game-Changing, Innovative Pinball Machine Guns N Roses By Jersey Jack Pinball

Make sure to share a link to this video in your social media for a chance to win an SDTM Collector's Foil Artist Kraken Decal! Snap a pic of your share and email that proof to [email protected]

#5827 1 year ago

So far, so good this year. Keep those reviews coming. Can you repost weighting of each category? Looking over Zach’s individual marks seem to average lower than it should for Godzilla.

#5828 1 year ago

Thanks for an excellent gnr review.
You have great chemistry and your enthusiasm is engaging and inspiring.
Keep it up!

#5829 1 year ago

I think it would have looked better with non-symetrical wheels doing the waves. Now it looks more like see-saw, then sea.

#5830 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Reviews The Game-Changing, Innovative Pinball Machine Guns N Roses By Jersey Jack Pinball
Make sure to share a link to this video in your social media for a chance to win an SDTM Collector's Foil Artist Kraken Decal! Snap a pic of your share and email that proof to [email protected]

Another great review , I enjoy all your videos .
I disagree with a couple things but it would be pretty boring if we all thought the same .
The atmosphere on this game is unreal but the pingraffix Rock Topper takes it to another level .

IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpgIMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
#5831 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Another great review , I enjoy all your videos .
I disagree with a couple things but it would be pretty boring if we all thought the same .
The atmosphere on this game is unreal but the pingraffix Rock Topper takes it to another level .[quoted image]

I always thought that topper was serious bad ass as well. Your game looks amazing!

2 weeks later
#5832 1 year ago

We would like to thank improv, writing, and comedy genius Andrew Moskos for the kind words about SDTM on this podcast episode!

The Pinball Show Episode 99: Pinball Manifesto & The Amazing Andrew Moskos

Host: Zach Meny
Special Guest Cohost: Andrew Moskos, Co-Founder Of Boom Chicago - Amsterdam

- The Moskos Origin Story & Body Of Work
- Getting Jason Sudeikis Into Pinball
- Pinball Celebrities
- An Ode To Steve Ritchie
- Tony Pepperoni: The Dialed In! Characters
- It's A Wrap: Nearly Getting Bumped For Ted Lasso
- Pinball Manifesto: Improving The Game For Beginners & Reaching Mainstream
- The Glory Days Of Pinball Are Among Us NOW
- Trigger Warning: Fixing Competitive Pinball
- Zachary "A Pioneer Before His Time" Meny
- AP Hires Sonic Designer, But Did They Forget The Hedgehog?
- You Think You Want A Sonic The Hedgehog Pinball Machine...But Ya Don't
- Haggis Bringing Sexy Back
- The '90s Are Headed To Pinball
- Pinball Market Trends
- Passive-Aggressive Bed Farts

Follow, Like, and Subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN) - The Industry Leader In Pinball Broadcasting

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-sendx-121678b

1 month later
#5834 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 Pinball Featurette (Jersey Jack Pinball, 2022)

An in-depth look into Jersey Jack Pinball's newest pinball machine release: Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 4

Hear about the game's creation from Toy Story 4 pinball designer Pat Lawlor, programmer Joe Katz, and marketer Ken Cromwell. They discuss working with Disney-Pixar, new technologies, and key features of this instant-classic pinball machine.

Join Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Bo Peep into the world of Toy Story, under glass.

Video produced by Straight Down The Middle (SDTM). SDTM does not own the rights for the Toy Story 4 film clips or music in this video and is not attempting to profit from the copyrighted material.

#5835 1 year ago

Great work is usual Zach .
When you went to jjp and saw that it was Toy Story 4 , with no Buzz , Woody toys / mechs , did you think " Shit " Pinside is going to go nuts

#5836 1 year ago

NEW SDTM: Toy Story 4 Pinball First Impressions

#5837 1 year ago

I’m completely with you guys on this one and I haven’t even gotten to flip it yet. Thanks for this first take, the Game looks like pure joy in a box! Can’t wait to get one.

#5838 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I’m completely with you guys on this one and I haven’t even gotten to flip it yet. Thanks for this first take, the Game looks like pure joy in a box! Can’t wait to get one.

Let us know your thoughts once you get your hands on one. Certainly will look great in your fine collection

#5839 1 year ago

Did you guys play it or just first impressions over the internet?

#5840 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes they did. In their video they talk about they went up to JJP a couple of weeks ago and played it.

#5841 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

We went up a couple of weeks ago to film the Featurette. I opened an LE this weekend as well. Been having a lot of fun on it. Regardless of the hatred or the game not having what many want, I’m most looking forward to those people getting some good time on one and then admitting that it’s a really good game.

#5842 1 year ago

FlipNout Crew, Thanks for this steller overview. Glad I have my CE order from you guys!!

I agree the pinheads disappointment of theme, but I am on the list of short fans that like TS4 as well (not my favorite, but I enjoy watching the film).

Just want to say continue to make a video based on the Code after you have played it more. Hearing some details about how this pin can continue to have re-playability along with progressive difficulty caught me by surprise.

I like the fact that if a mode is repeated its objective gets harder every additional time. That should keep it fresh for a long time for me given I'm an average player.

#5843 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We went up a couple of weeks ago to film the Featurette. I opened an LE this weekend as well. Been having a lot of fun on it. Regardless of the hatred or the game not having what many want, I’m most looking forward to those people getting some good time on one and then admitting that it’s a really good game.

I'm really trying not to judge this table on what it doesn't have. Sure I was hoping for something different but it is what it is. However I am judging it on what it does have, and with all due respect I find it a little weird that you guys did not talk at all about the 10" screen considering how much of the playfield it takes up. I mean it's freakin huge. I'm not saying this game is good or bad I'll decide when I play it, but I think a lot of people are legitimately asking....why such a big screen and does it make sense to the game play. Based on everything I've seen so far (and I've watched everything) it does not appear to make much sense which is a shame. And if I'm wrong I will happily admit it.

#5844 1 year ago

Nice video guys. I'm playing a TS4 later today. Can't wait to see if it's really as fun as it looks!

#5845 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Cool, I'll listen to the video then. Just didn't want to spend time on hearing about non-gameplay impressions. Do you guys release your audio as a podcast? I have to leave Youtube running and my phone on to listen to Youtube while I work or drive, etc.

Thanks.

#5846 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Cool, I'll listen to the video then. Just didn't want to spend time on hearing about non-gameplay impressions. Do you guys release your audio as a podcast? I have to leave Youtube running and my phone on to listen to Youtube while I work or drive, etc.
Thanks.

You can download youtube videos. Lots of sites let you split out the audio only, too. Don't do any of the ones that want you to install an app. The browser-based converters are fine.

Oh, and also don't search for "youtube downloaders" on google since they suppress those sites somewhat because, well, they own youtube and don't want you doing that. You'll have better results on bing, usually.

#5847 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Regardless of the hatred or the game not having what many want, I’m most looking forward to those people getting some good time on one and then admitting that it’s a really good game.

Likewise, we are looking forward to you admitting it really stinks. So now we see who budges first.

#5848 1 year ago

Any thoughts on mods

#5849 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Cool, I'll listen to the video then. Just didn't want to spend time on hearing about non-gameplay impressions.

Thanks.

Quoted from PinMonk:

You can download youtube videos. Lots of sites let you split out the audio only, too. Don't do any of the ones that want you to install an app. The browser-based converters are fine.
Oh, and also don't search for "youtube downloaders" on google since they suppress those sites somewhat because, well, they own youtube and don't want you doing that. You'll have better results on bing, usually.

Yup, I use those for some videos or audios I need for projects. Just is a hassle to do that to get Toy Story 4 impressions as audio on to my iPhone.

#5850 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Likewise, we are looking forward to you admitting it really stinks. So now we see who budges first.

You played it and thought it was that bad? I'm surprised, because it's a well-designed game, with lots of good shots, and fun code. I could see not liking it for personal reasons, but other than the price, I don't see how one could call TS stinky.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 300.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/117?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.