bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 125.
#5751 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great CC video Zach , I liked the smoke puff to transition .
Your light up signs at expo look great and are better than Stern's stand.
One good thing about Stern's stand is their carpet , it defines their space , and is inviting .
If you had some carpet for your area , it would be good , doesn't matter what colour it is .

Thanks bud. We are having some fun but are dog ass tired too haha

#5752 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you had some carpet for your area , it would be good , doesn't matter what colour it is .

Convention centers usually have union rules, so something as simple as 10'x20' of carpet and pad for 4 days can get expensive. Depending on convention center rules, you often can't bring your own. Had plenty of experience with that at the LA and NV convention centers. Dunno what the pinball expo site rules are specifically, though.

#5753 2 years ago

Beautiful looking Cactus Canyon. Look forward to playing one on location soon.

#5754 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Convention centers usually have union rules, so something as simple as 10'x20' of carpet and pad for 4 days can get expensive. Depending on convention center rules, you often can't bring your own. Had plenty of experience with that at the LA and NV convention centers. Dunno what the pinball expo site rules are specifically, though.

Man , nothing is straight forward anymore .

1 month later
#5755 2 years ago

NEW SDTM - Happy Holidays!

Godzilla Pinball Machine Review

Where does it rank amongst your favorite games?! Click on the video now to find out!

Please Like, Follow, & Subscribe to Straight Down The Middle (SDTM) on YouTube & Facebook

#5756 2 years ago

It's too brown. lol

#5757 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM - Happy Holidays!
Godzilla Pinball Machine Review
Where does it rank amongst your favorite games?! Click on the video now to find out!
Please Like, Follow, & Subscribe to Straight Down The Middle (SDTM) on YouTube & Facebook

Always nice to see Zach and Greg together on screen talking. Chemistry for days.

#5758 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

BOOM!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dude - you really gotta move that beer sign to do you ark justice.

#5759 2 years ago

The AIDS comment made me spit out my eggnog.

#5760 2 years ago

Nice… a late Christmas present…. Great job as always.

Eager to see your (and everyones for that matter) impression when the code has matured.

Happy Holidays to you both!

#5761 2 years ago

I enjoyed the latest show guys. Thanks for the entertainment.

#5762 2 years ago

I can see you guys revisiting this review within another code drop or two coming soon. If I heard correctly this review was based on 0.81 and 0.85 was a real nice drop for Zilla and cannot wait to see whats in-store for us. Tell Greg (AKA Sickboy) lol he'll be rethinking his B rating on code soon enough.

Oh and the honorable mention " Merry Christmas Bitches" LMAO, she was great!!!

#5763 2 years ago

Ring in the New Year with pinball ANGER!!!!

AND WIN A PRIZE (details in video). What pinball machine makes your ball drop the fastest?! Comment below and let’s see what title makes the most people lose their temper.

Happy New Year Everyone!

#5764 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ring in the New Year with pinball ANGER!!!!
AND WIN A PRIZE (details in video). What pinball machine makes your ball drop the fastest?! Comment below and let’s see what title makes the most people lose their temper.
Happy New Year Everyone!

#1 TWD
#2 BSD

#5766 2 years ago

Thanks to the Meny home family and network family for all you did through out this crazy 2021 year. So many sacrifices to keep the content and hobby hopping. Thank You sincerely and wish you and your family a Safe and successful new year!!

Bye, bye, bye 2021.

#5767 2 years ago

Led Zeppelin.

#5768 2 years ago
#5770 2 years ago

#1 Sinbad
#2 Sinbad
#3 Sinbad

#5771 2 years ago

And Joker Poker made me do this....

Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpgPhoto_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg
#5772 2 years ago

Great overall content. Thanks.

#5773 2 years ago

1. Stern Star Wars!

#5774 2 years ago

I agree w the TNA at 2, but think TWD is a top 5 in my book!

#5775 2 years ago

TWD by a mile. I love and hate this game at the same time. Add a honorary mention to Maiden as well.

#5776 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks to the Meny home family and network family for all you did through out this crazy 2021 year. So many sacrifices to keep the content and hobby hopping. Thank You sincerely and wish you and your family a Safe and successful new year!!
Bye, bye, bye 2021.

So kind my friend, thank you

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

And Joker Poker made me do this....
[quoted image]

Damn I love this picture

#5777 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And Flash Gordon is a mean bitch.

When i was getting into pinball, my one and only experience with Flash Gordon was three plunges, three cheap drains without even getting a flipper on the ball. I mean i suck at pinball (even still haha) but jeez.

#5778 2 years ago

Fish Tales?

Lots of rubber posts, lightning flippers, and the critical captive ball right above the flippers.

#5779 2 years ago

The SDTM: Return Of The Kraken Holographic Collector’s Decal is NOW AVAILABLE to purchase!

Show some love and get yours today!

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/shop

A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpegA29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
#5780 2 years ago

Great Top10 Angry List. Can’t argue with any of your choices but I have 5 more to add. A Top 15 would have included : Tron, BKSOR & Houdini. I enjoy playing tough games and these are Tough. Then add Scared Stiff and Hobbit as frustrating games that make you want to hurt something.

#5781 2 years ago

F14 would be my honourable mention in this most anger pinball machine category.

#5782 2 years ago

I played my TWD pro last night and went straight to ball three on multiple attempts, was mega triggered and just shut the bastard off lol. TWD and TMNT should be tied for #1, Borg is a masochist but I'm sure operators love him.

#5783 2 years ago

Is the sticker being a Dolly Parton confirmation the CPR conversion kit is happening? ....

#5784 2 years ago

Your best friend is obsessed with Jurassic Park. What Christmas gift would surprise him? Take a look

#5785 2 years ago

The "winner" of this top 10 resonates with me 100%. See this topic I created a while back:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-that-leave-you-angry

Holy moly Ghostbusters presses my buttons sometimes ha ha ha... BUT it's still one of my top 5 games of all time! No other pin can have me seething quite as much.

#5786 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The "winner" of this top 10 resonates with me 100%. See this topic I created a while back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-that-leave-you-angry
Holy moly Ghostbusters presses my buttons sometimes ha ha ha... BUT it's still one of my top 5 games of all time! No other pin can have me seething quite as much.

It’s an odd love-hate we have with the best of em isn’t it?

#5787 2 years ago

A frustrating game to me is any one that has a mechanical issue, trapped ball, is not level or has weak flippers, requiring you to focus effort to overcome it. Playing any difficult games on location can be frustrating if you aren’t playing well, yet put that game in a home environment where software menu adjustments and physical post adjustments can be made and it becomes fun.

#5788 2 years ago

TWD is for sure on the list for me. BKSoR pro, Stars, GB are a few others.

#5789 2 years ago

The frustrating games for me are not just the difficult ones - it's those ones that you have to build up in order to crush the score, and you aaaaalmost get there before the game swiftly kicks you in the nuts.

Ghostbusters is prime, because you get set up with 6x multipliers ready and you are just about to blow up a huge mode for it (eg Stay Puft), the excitement builds.... you are just about to line up the shot.... Then BAM you get a cheap drain because of the magna slings, pops or the absolute worst - the ball just "tings" across the metal rails into the outlanes. I haven't played it much, but think Wonka is similar in that regard. So deflating...

#5790 2 years ago

Borg and his outlanes can kiss my...

Looking at you GoTG

#5791 2 years ago

Black Hole.
Once you get sucked into it, flail backward at targets, drain not once, but twice on the same ball...very insulting.
Pop bumper near outlane. wicked fast.

I love playing it but it angers me.

#5792 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Top ten most anger-inducing pinball machines.

There are several recent pinball releases that fall into this category for me.
They're all really good games. I'm just pissed off that I can't afford any of them.

1 week later
#5793 2 years ago

I've got to say something.

For those of you who voted for Straight Down The Middle in the various awards this year, Thank You. Truly, Thank You. However, Greg and I are often asked why we do not campaign for yearly awards. Why do we not ask for people's votes to recognize our work? As I was editing Episode 88 of The Pinball Show, I experienced an overwhelming amount of joy and pride. Greg and I feel the same way and I believe I can speak on his behalf in giving an explanation, albeit nowhere near as charming in my delivery.

Being able to CREATE with a friend is the greatest award anyone can ever receive. Being able to archive a friendship over the years is simply priceless. I get to cherish these chronicles for the rest of my life. This is a privilege that I often feel guilty about, but forever grateful for. I experience anxiety thinking about a time in the future when I am not able to document these relationships, not only with a cohost or with a friend, but with you, the one who supports our efforts.

The most recent episode of The Pinball Show is possibly the greatest example of just that. It is a recorded conversation of two friends on another adventure, without any maps, and with the cruise control set to TRUST. For us, we do not desire your support via a voting system. We truly feel as if we have surpassed that type of recognition years ago. We work hard. We are very proud of what we create as people, as pinball enthusiasts, and as entertainment artists.

If you learn one thing while watching, that is our award. If you smile or laugh one time while watching, that is our award. If you consider another perspective once while watching, that is our award. THESE are the awards that I personally plan on earning for years to come.

Thank YOU for riding along with us over the years. No telling where our path will lead us next...

Zach Meny
Straight Down The Middle
The Pinball Show
Flip N Out Pinball

#5794 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I've got to say something.
For those of you who voted for Straight Down The Middle in the various awards this year, Thank You. Truly, Thank You. However, Greg and I are often asked why we do not campaign for yearly awards. Why do we not ask for people's votes to recognize our work? As I was editing Episode 88 of The Pinball Show, I experienced an overwhelming amount of joy and pride. Greg and I feel the same way and I believe I can speak on his behalf in giving an explanation, albeit nowhere near as charming in my delivery.
Being able to CREATE with a friend is the greatest award anyone can ever receive. Being able to archive a friendship over the years is simply priceless. I get to cherish these chronicles for the rest of my life. This is a privilege that I often feel guilty about, but forever grateful for. I experience anxiety thinking about a time in the future when I am not able to document these relationships, not only with a cohost or with a friend, but with you, the one who supports our efforts.
The most recent episode of The Pinball Show is possibly the greatest example of just that. It is a recorded conversation of two friends on another adventure, without any maps, and with the cruise control set to TRUST. For us, we do not desire your support via a voting system. We truly feel as if we have surpassed that type of recognition years ago. We work hard. We are very proud of what we create as people, as pinball enthusiasts, and as entertainment artists.
If you learn one thing while watching, that is our award. If you smile or laugh one time while watching, that is our award. If you consider another perspective once while watching, that is our award. THESE are the awards that I personally plan on earning for years to come.
Thank YOU for riding along with us over the years. No telling where our path will lead us next...
Zach Meny
Straight Down The Middle
The Pinball Show
Flip N Out Pinball

SDTM for me personally is by far the most watchable pinball content out there - I think it's because you guys are clearly great friends and love what you do - and it all shows quite naturally in your videos. You and Greg play off each other perfectly, you always seem to be enjoying yourselves, and I'm always looking forward to the next ep. Please keep it coming, and keep up the good work dudes!

2 weeks later
#5795 2 years ago

Since we are still on anger-inducing machines, MET is on the front of my mind. A core goal is to complete 3 columns of inserts to light crank it up. Maybe if you’re lucky do it 2-3 times in a single game for the ages. What kills me is not closing out a column or two and draining and losing your progress. It seems so simple to do but requires much skill.

And then there is the rising cross inlane. Hit 4 in-line targets to start cross multiball and then hit the cross 3 times to lock a ball on magnet. One more hit frees ball and awards super jackpot. That’s maybe 8 hits required. Easy right? MET brings out the turrets in me.

#5796 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Since we are still on anger-inducing machines, MET is on the front of my mind. A core goal is to complete 3 columns of inserts to light crank it up. Maybe if you’re lucky do it 2-3 times in a single game for the ages. What kills me is not closing out a column or two and draining and losing your progress. It seems so simple to do but requires much skill.
And then there is the rising cross inlane. Hit 4 in-line targets to start cross multiball and then hit the cross 3 times to lock a ball on magnet. One more hit frees ball and awards super jackpot. That’s maybe 8 hits required. Easy right? MET brings out the turrets in me.

Jeff, totally respect you but I don't think you understand how Metallica rules work for CIU. Completing 3 columns of inserts has nothing to do with CIU. In fact, completeing 3 columns of inserts does absolutely nothing. Complete all 5 columns to start Seek and Destroy.

CIU is qualified by getting 12 of the four items, then shoot the scoop to start. Next CIU is 13 of each items and so on.

Completed columns do help you advance towards CIU in that each shot to a completed column will earn you one of each item(except Coffin which can only be earned at the captive ball).

I hope that helps.

#5797 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

CIU is qualified by getting 12 of the four items

Thank god this isn’t the case anymore. Starts at like 8-9 then goes up one per subsequent CIU mode.

#5798 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thank god this isn’t the case anymore. Starts at like 8-9 then goes up one per subsequent CIU mode.

Nope! Used to be 15. With new code it's 12.

#5799 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Always thought it was week sauce lowering the base.

#5800 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wow. Well definitely improved it by lowering that, but the path to CIU is so grindy no matter what. I think 8-9 to start would be best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.