bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 125.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I agree Zach, heard the same rumblings, so I've been patient. TRON has so many aftermarket toy options on top of a fantastic pin as is, including now a second LCD. Besides, there are worse things than holding on to an MMR a while longer....

Yeah I almost feel sorry for you hahaha

#452 6 years ago

Thank you for the GotG review, I enjoyed it. I won't get to play the pin for another few weeks at the earliest, but looking forward to it!

Jason

#453 6 years ago

Fan Favorite This Or That? episode to decide Houdini or Total Nuclear Annihilation & more!

SDTM Episode 46: This Or That?

#454 6 years ago

The AC/DC Cannon moment was great, and I agree that toy cannon is a terrible mod. I hunted one down because of the Pinside hype and it lasted 10 minutes on my machine. Do neither of you guys like to drive? Germany and its no contest.

#455 6 years ago

Another great episode fellas. I'm anxiously awaiting your Houdini review and praying it's a hit. Your review last year for B/W IJ inspired me to buy one and I'm so glad I did, it's an absolute blast especially with Endprodukt's reorchestration. But Zack, it's a good thing I got my STTNG before hearing you call it was a "shit turd". I put it right up there with IJ imo.

Also, I think your estimates for the classics may be bit a bit on the low side. Market for ToM hoovers around 6500-7500. Very rare to find a nice IJ for less than 7-8500. TZ around 65-8000.

BTW, I love playing my TNA solo just as much as playing against others. Maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Love to ya!

#456 6 years ago

Good listen...Houdini all the way, probably the best value in a NIB.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Another great episode fellas. I'm anxiously awaiting your Houdini review and praying it's a hit. Your review last year for B/W IJ inspired me to buy one and I'm so glad I did, it's an absolute blast especially with Endprodukt's reorchestration. But Zack, it's a good thing I got my STTNG before hearing you call it was a "shit turd". I put it right up there with IJ imo.
Also, I think your estimates for the classics may be bit a bit on the low side. Market for ToM hoovers around 6500-7500. Very rare to find a nice IJ for less than 7-8500. TZ around 65-8000.
BTW, I love playing my TNA solo just as much as playing against others. Maybe I'm just a weirdo.
Love to ya!

I love hearing people loving games that I hate. Makes me want to play some more stng and really want to get my hands on a TNA for an extended period of time. Thanks buddy, but for the record STNG is cool but boring haha

#458 6 years ago

Another great episode guys. I'm in on a Houdini and anxiously awaiting your review. Oh, and Greg won. lol

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love hearing people loving games that I hate. Makes me want to play some more stng and really want to get my hands on a TNA for an extended period of time. Thanks buddy, but for the record STNG is cool but boring haha

STTNG isn't the deepest game, but damn it has flow... great mission based modes and the custom callouts from all the actors make it really immersive. Plus I happen to love the wide body Superpins. Give it another shot!

#460 6 years ago

Great episode fellas. I like hearing games being compared to one another. Interesting to hear the pros and cons from others. Keep up the good work. How often do you do these different shows? Thanks!

#461 6 years ago

Another great show guys!! It’s definitely entertaining! Looking forward to more review episodes.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

STTNG isn't the deepest game, but damn it has flow... great mission based modes and the custom callouts from all the actors make it really immersive. Plus I happen to love the wide body Superpins. Give it another shot!

I’m a super Pin fan as well. Stng is my least favorite of all of them, eesh sorry guys

Quoted from Ericc123:

Another great episode guys. I'm in on a Houdini and anxiously awaiting your review. Oh, and Greg won. lol

He hasn’t won the war mwahahaha

Quoted from Coz:

Another great show guys!! It’s definitely entertaining! Looking forward to more review episodes.

Thanks buddy

#463 6 years ago

Love watching your shows, hope you soon will review classics like, Embryon, Fathom, Seawitch, Xenon or an Embryon

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Love watching your shows, hope you soon will review classics like, Embryon, Fathom, Seawitch, Xenon or an Embryon

I like your style. An all Embryon this or that episode.

Embryon activate!!!!

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Quoted from jgentry:

I like your style. An all Embryon this or that episode.
Embryon activate!!!!

You guys really think Greg would be able to get through an embyron review without giggling or doing something inappropriate to mid playfield?

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You guys really think Greg would be able to get through an embyron review without giggling or doing something inappropriate to mid playfield?

What's so funny about pounding 2 balls deep into the mid playfield area?????

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What's so funny about pounding 2 balls deep into the mid playfield area?????

Absolutely nothing, why what have you heard???

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Absolutely nothing, why what have you heard???

Not sure, other then Greg giggles when 2 balls get pounded up a triangle shaped area to hit targets deep within.

If there's a better way to hatch sexy already developed female alien embryos I'd love to hear it.

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love having STTNG in my collection in part because of my love for the tv show and the call outs, but more because it is a great change of pace from the other pins that I own. Right now I don't think that I will ever get rid of it since I love the flow. However, if I were to part with it to make room for something else, I doubt that I would spend any money playing it at an arcade since I would only be playing for a high score and not to "explore" the game. That seems true of a lot of games that people play, even those where they have not completed the wizard mode.

That "something else" could be Houdini. Can't wait for Zach to get his so we can hear the review.

Finally, have you been following the Last Star Fighter Pinball thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/southern-california-homebrew-anyone-interested? I find it very interesting. It would be great if SDTM flew out to Southern California for an interview.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure, other then Greg giggles when 2 balls get pounded up a triangle shaped area to hit targets deep within.
If there's a better way to hatch sexy already developed female alien embryos I'd love to hear it.

This is some of the greatest shit I have ever heard lolololo

#471 6 years ago

Thanks guys for this review. As a newbie player and pin owner (GOTG), I found this super helpful!

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

Thanks guys for this review. As a newbie player and pin owner (GOTG), I found this super helpful!

Great to hear Lucy! Welcome to the club

#473 6 years ago

I received my giveaway stuff. Thanks guys! It was fun to win something. I can't remember the last time I won in a drawing of any sort.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I received my giveaway stuff. Thanks guys! It was fun to win something. I can't remember the last time I won in a drawing of any sort.

So glad you enjoy it! It’s great to be able to thank you guys for watching and supporting the show

#475 6 years ago

Awesome show guys! You guys are funny as hell......and Greg, you and your AC/DC cannon comment lol......that pretty much made the show right there!

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Awesome show guys! You guys are funny as hell......and Greg, you and your AC/DC cannon comment lol......that pretty much made the show right there!

Not my best pinball moment!!! You coming to Louisville expo?

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Not my best pinball moment!!! You coming to Louisville expo?

I would like to Greg but i work almost every weekend so i cant buddy. One of these years maybe though!

#478 6 years ago

Houdini is in the House! Watch us unbox it and stay tuned for an upcoming review and interview with the American Pinball team!

#479 6 years ago

GREAT video. Need more gameplay!!

Zach, dude SMILE more - you’re on tv! Or at least on YouTube. AND you just got in the Houdini club!

#480 6 years ago

I need feedback damn it! Haha excited to hear more about it

#481 6 years ago

Feedback? The game is awesome! Zach what can I say, SDTM is covered in awesome sauce. Looking forward to the review.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

GREAT video. Need more gameplay!!
Zach, dude SMILE more - you’re on tv! Or at least on YouTube. AND you just got in the Houdini club!

Haha Doyle I was pumped but it was midnight after 11hrs of driving, filming, and on 4hrs sleep. Just really couldn’t rip into it without filming for those interested

Quoted from delt31:

I need feedback damn it! Haha excited to hear more about it

We’ve got a big review coming up. More Houdini than anyone can handle

Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Feedback? The game is awesome! Zach what can I say, SDTM is covered in awesome sauce. Looking forward to the review.

All love for you our friend

#483 6 years ago

Thank-you for the video,looking forward to owning this one! !!!

#484 6 years ago

Great job with the vid as always guys!! Had a chance to play a prototype at SFGE last summer, beautiful pin!! Looking forward the full review video!!

I mean, I know the guys at American Pinball are really proud of their creation, and rightfully so, but.......

I hope that American Pinball logo on top of the backbox is removable!! That thing sticks out like...like..a big ol' zit on the forehead!! Something more in black/brass would look so much more in line with the rest of the beautiful artwork!! I know, I know, it's nitpicking (zitpicking?).....but still!

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Great job with the vid as always guys!! Had a chance to play a prototype at SFGE last summer, beautiful pin!! Looking forward the full review video!!
I mean, I know the guys at American Pinball are really proud of their creation, and rightfully so, but.......
I hope that American Pinball logo on top of the backbox is removable!! That thing sticks out like...like..a big ol' zit on the forehead!! Something more in black/brass would look so much more in line with the rest of the beautiful artwork!! I know, I know, it's nitpicking (zitpicking?).....but still!

Sounds like a good mod opportunity

#486 6 years ago

Well, we pulled off the TWIPYs! Thanks for all of the kind words and messages everyone. A lot of hard work and time, but totally worth it if everyone was entertained

#487 6 years ago

Can't wait to see the Houdini review. You guys did such a good job hosting the TWIPYs and you really deserved your win. Can't wait to see next years.

#490 6 years ago

Game looks cool. Can’t wait to play one on Texas!

#491 6 years ago

Wanna watch some games on a production Houdini pinball machine?

#492 6 years ago

Thanks Z, I really enjoy watching this game in action...the magnet ball spin is awesome.

#493 6 years ago

Can't wait for mine!!

#494 6 years ago

Thanks for posting that stream Zach. Houdini looks pretty damn cool. I may have to sell a machine now to make room for it. Lol. Can’t wait for the review. Nice work!

#495 6 years ago

Not all the way through watching yet but it's freaking cool. The layout is really unique. That shot between the left orbit shot and the Key Hole shot is really a clever design by Balcer. Two very interesting shots through the pop bumpers!

Kudos to the composer. The Houdini music is phreaking phenomenal. Good use of music and callouts to build tension and excitement.

This game sets the bar pretty high going into 2018 for the TWIPY game of the year consideration.

#496 6 years ago

Thanks Zach!

Woke up early sick as a dog. I watched the whole stream this am. Looks really good. Much more polished than I expected.

I’ll watch The Price Is Right later.

PS: that video mode needs some work though. Wayyyyyyy too slow.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Not all the way through watching yet but it's freaking cool. The layout is really unique. That shot between the left orbit shot and the Key Hole shot is really a clever design by Balcer. Two very interesting shots through the pop bumpers!
Kudos to the composer. The Houdini music is phreaking phenomenal. Good use of music and callouts to build tension and excitement.
This game sets the bar pretty high going into 2018 for the TWIPY game of the year consideration.

Agree on all fronts. I’m still uncovering new stuff in the game!

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Thanks Zach!
Woke up early sick as a dog. I watched the whole stream this am. Looks really good. Much more polished than I expected.
I’ll watch The Price Is Right later.
PS: that video mode needs some work though. Wayyyyyyy too slow.

Hope you feel better soon buddy! The video mode is a new and refreshing idea and most importantly, it’s fun!!

#498 6 years ago

Congrats on your new game Zach, it looks fantastic! Looks like American Pinball could be for real!

#499 6 years ago

Definitely a great first impression for American Pinball. There is a lot of cool features I haven't seen and I'm glad AP is trying out new things. Ball lock is super cool and it sorta reminds me of Aerosmith's which is a good thing.

#500 6 years ago

I'm sure that I'll have to wait for your review, but if you don't mind a little spoiler, is the right hand side incredibly tight? I looked like you kept getting rejected shooting the ramp and that appears to be the case for every game play video that I've watched. That is the only major concern for me at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/10?hl=dngrwillrobinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.