bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 125.
#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve said it before about music pins with bands that have long epic songs.
Make it a wizard mode where the ball save lasts the whole song. Give the play an insane objective path that ups the difficulty to complete everything in that time.
I’m sure I’m not alone when I say the final wizard mode shouldn’t really have any chance of being over quickly. That would ruin the whole path of getting there and make it too frustrating.
Might be just me.

I agree 100% with this

#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make it a wizard mode where the ball save lasts the whole song. Give the play an insane objective path that ups the difficulty to complete everything in that time.
I’m sure I’m not alone when I say the final wizard mode shouldn’t really have any chance of being over quickly. That would ruin the whole path of getting there and make it too frustrating.
Might be just me.

That was my thought as well. The wizard mode is only over when you *say* it's over. it doesn't have to automatically stop just because you're down to one ball on the playfield.

#5403 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could be a clips of music or a medley of clips.
I’m also wondering wtf the lockdown button is for?
Jack hasn’t used it once all night. It’s not there for shits and giggles.

I know. I asked him to hit it and it did nothing

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I know. I asked him to hit it and it did nothing

I’m sure it’s going to at some point.

#5405 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

That was my thought as well. The wizard mode is only over when you *say* it's over. it doesn't have to automatically stop just because you're down to one ball on the playfield.

Yeah. Some do this already that I know of (stranger things and GOT).

#5406 3 years ago

I do hope, for the sake of transparency in advertising, that Stern removes the "center ramp accessible from all flippers" claim from their promo video. Unless "accessible" means "ball can hit ramp but not complete it" then I just don't see access here and it really limits the use of the third flipper. Pretty bummed about that.

#5407 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you say wizard mode

Not a chance in hell, as Aerosmith didnt have "I dont want to miss a thing" as wizard mode.

#5408 3 years ago

I'm watching the Dead Flip stream of Led Zepplin.....it's pretty frikkin terrible. I don't think I've been more disappointed in a Stern Pinball Machine launch in recent memory. Nothing about the machine or the gameplay itself excites and me and draws me into this pinball machine despite being a fan of the band!

#5409 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

has anyone mentioned no Stairway yet??
oh wait.. everyone? OK

It's in the Wizard mode, ball save for eight minutes.

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Pumping change into a parking meter might be more gratifying.

Ouch!

#5411 3 years ago

Nice job Zach and Greg on your underrated video .
Zach what's on your coin door of your Hobbit .

#5412 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make it a wizard mode where the ball save lasts the whole song. Give the player an insane objective path that ups the difficulty to complete everything in that time.
Might be just me.

Nice.

#5413 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Replay everything again would be lame.

Haha- which would fit since everything else about this pin is lame..
I second the “they wouldn’t waste rights to epic songs in areas most will never find.” I hope I’m wrong..

It’s got something. Music is great, flippers look amazing...ramps look smooth and..”accessible”.
I didn’t mind the callouts or sounds. I don’t get the display- program it like people don’t care about it anyway or like don’t want people to care? Running video of band playing a different song? Why? If I’m in one tour, why am I seeing stills from much earlier or later Zep? They didn’t get enough video assets either? At this point, why didn’t they simply do a movie pin for The Song Remains the Same? The remastered audio and video of that movie is crazy good.
How does IJ have several modes where you do something on a DOT matrix screen, and most new pins use the beautiful LCD screen for clip shows or pick the path? I guess it isn’t pinball, but the screen is just sitting there.

Add the magnetic trap, this pin will be above average- maybe even good. Ramps in sequence are satisfying, look at JP skill shots. Problem most of us are having is LZ deserved better.

#5414 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Problem most of us are having is LZ deserved better.

The problem we're having is that it looks like you could strip it down to the playfield and code and then swap in any other band on top. Steve Ritchie has done his job perfectly well, but five years from now we'll probably see enthusiasts doing exactly this with old LZs to create their own 'custom' band game.

Or six months in the case of digital pincab versions.

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Dear God, that has got to be just about the most uninspiring pinball action I could imagine for a major license by a legendary designer. Not even considering dropping quarters on location. Pumping change into a parking meter might be more gratifying.

This is why I don’t buy into the hype anymore. Embarrassing.

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

This is why I don’t buy into the hype anymore. Embarrassing.

I wouldn't blame Steve. I don't think you can - just like Star Wars he's managed the very best with what they would allow him. Four legitimate ramp shots on one game is nothing to sniff at from a design perspective. But with no disrespect to Keith Elwin, if he's the new golden boy who's going to get the lion's share of the fatted calf from now on, you're going to end up with more forgettable B-tier pins like this one that even the rest of the designers can't get enthused about (trust me, I know that feeling).

And why would you want that as your business strategy anyway? There's only so many purchasing dollars to go round, and sooner or later the market's going to decide that there's only one game per calendar year or designer cycle that's automatically worth saving for on its own merit, and other than name-recognition sales the distributors are going to get very unhappy with being lumbered with so much unshiftable stock.

#5417 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I wouldn't blame Steve. I don't think you can - just like Star Wars he's managed the very best with what they would allow him. Four legitimate ramp shots on one game is nothing to sniff at from a design perspective. But with no disrespect to Keith Elwin, if he's the new golden boy who's going to get the lion's share of the fatted calf from now on, you're going to end up with more forgettable B-tier pins like this one that even the rest of the designers can't get enthused about (trust me, I know that feeling).
And why would you want that as your business strategy anyway? There's only so many purchasing dollars to go round, and sooner or later the market's going to decide that there's only one game per calendar year or designer cycle that's automatically worth saving for on its own merit, and other than name-recognition sales the distributors are going to get very unhappy with being lumbered with so much unshiftable stock.

I do not necessarily think there is a great issue with the shot layout/design, its typical Ritchie and okay, might seem a little bit uninspired but Im sure with an amazing theme and integration and rules it will be fun. Just look at Game of thrones pro, kinda simple layout with no impressive toys, but OMG the rules is what makes that game such a fantastic game, combined with the classic Ritchie flow. But from what i have seen til now of LZ, not a single part of me gets excited or drawn into the game. First off I dont like Zeppelin in particular, but also the whole art package and gameplay til now is a like a big layer of clearcoat between the game and my enthusiasm.

I will look forward to playing it in person of course, and Ill be open for the slim chance that it might be very different experience when all code is done. but...I doubt it. In any case, Im glad for all LZ fans, I remember how I ordered the premium of Maiden after it being announced, before trying it, as Maiden is my #1 band.

#5418 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's in the Wizard mode, ball save for eight minutes.

Someone confirmed that? thats pretty funny if so.

cant imagine getting to a wizard mode and having the game play something so slow and boring.

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Third flipper on pro is as useful as a third belly button. Two is just fine.

Wait, you have two belly buttons?

#5420 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Good catch!!

#5421 3 years ago

I have changed my mind and think the gameplay is not too bad by looking at video.
Art is still questionable and I don't get off on LZ music.
Looking forward to a bash.

#5422 3 years ago

I can only watch about 15 minutes of a play video before losing interest, but man I wish I can shoot like this guy. Hitting shots like crazy, man.

#5423 3 years ago

NEW SDTM! Our Favorite Pinball Video

Thanks for the continued support everyone!

#5424 3 years ago

Thanks for all your funny stuff dudes
Hope to see lots of you guys next year!!
Stay safe amigos

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Stay safe amigos

So very appreciated buddy! Glad you enjoy them as much as we do making them

#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM!
Led Zeppelin Pinball First Look & Gameplay (Pro Model, Stern Pinball)

Thank you for posting; some nice shooting! First gameplay video I watched.

Seems like a competent enough game, but no big "moments" that I saw. If you are a massive Zep fan this is a step above just putting a bluetooth speaker next to a random pin (and 2 of the 6 cd's in my very rarely changed car cd changer are Zep cd's...). Until you play you never know. Could be some things hidden in the rules to grab you (like losing progress to the "do or die" shot on Iron Man...).

#5427 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Wait, you don't?

#5428 3 years ago

joke
-----------
your head

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM! Our Favorite Pinball Video
Thanks for the continued support everyone!

I really don't know how you will ever top the TMNT unboxing. So good, every time.

#5430 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

joke
-----------
your head

dont_get_the_joke.gifdont_get_the_joke.gif
#5431 3 years ago

Come on everybody vote at the twipys
SDTM for the win!!!

https://twipys.com/

#5432 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I really don't know how you will ever top the TMNT unboxing. So good, every time.

Yes, watching Greg start out so enthusiastic and then the look of sheer misery gets me cracking up every time. Still waiting for the slap heard around the world part two.

#5433 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Yes, watching Greg start out so enthusiastic and then the look of sheer misery gets me cracking up every time. Still waiting for the slap heard around the world part two.

I liked that episode in concept....until I lost!!!!!

#5434 3 years ago

You guys do a really great show. Thank you

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I really think the comedic potential of you doing something punishing and disgusting while trying to beat Zach to the finish of a pin setup has just begun to be explored. You've set the bar high with that TMNT video, but looking forward to how you top it.

#5436 3 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I give you credit though as you stood in there and took it. Would you guys ever go back and update your best of list? Are there any newer machines that would creep into the best of lists ie for ramps, wizard mode, or world under glass.
And to echo the sentiments above, you guys are great together. Hopefully, one of your New Year’s resolutions are more SDTM videos.

#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Stay safe amigos

Second this.
The show is great.

#5438 3 years ago

NEW SDTM Cary Hardy

The Hakko FR301 Desoldering Tool Review

#5439 3 years ago

NEW SDTM!

Willy Wonka Pinball Machine Review (Jersey Jack Pinball, 2019)

#5440 3 years ago

Great review, nailed it! I had a Wonka, felt the EXACT same way you described. Sold it, regretted it the next day. A CE is now back in my collection and I couldn't be happier. It's a brilliant pin. Love it!

#5441 3 years ago

I swear every time you guys review a pin I want that pin. Your excitement is infectious. That being said I can’t afford to keep up with you lol.

#5442 3 years ago

Great review guys. Right on point with the location play vs home setting. When I did play on location and finished a play session, I was like damn wish this was at home. It truly is fun to play and love PL games.

#5443 3 years ago

Love my SE. It really is the best JJP game to me. The pop sdtm drains are frustrating as they mentioned..... Wonder if putting a little rubber in there to make it bounce might work, but it would probably mess with shooting the ball up through that area....

#5444 3 years ago

ZMeny - how'd you mount the factory mod to the factory ramp? That looks great having both the factory and the machine/pipe mod!

#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

zmeny - how'd you mount the factory mod to the factory ramp? That looks great having both the factory and the machine/pipe mod!

good question

#5446 3 years ago

yah this is one of those games you really have to play allot to appreciate.

Too many people in this hobby play two games on a new pinball and say "this sucks" and thats it.

There is way too much going on on this one to get unless you play it a ton.

This is to me by far the best JJP game and maybe an all time top 10 overall.

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

zmeny - how'd you mount the factory mod to the factory ramp? That looks great having both the factory and the machine/pipe mod!

thank god thats not the way it was meant to be. I was thinking I mounted my brown factory wrong after watching the video

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I liked it too much to remove so I pulled the lighting from the factory smokestack and mounted them inside the factory mod and screwed it into a stray post if I remember then some 3m on part of the base to keep it put. Wasn’t perfect but looked pretty cool.

#5449 3 years ago

Dam you ZMeny , Now I have to find another Wonka! I miss that game, so much fun.

#5450 3 years ago

Thanks!

By the way, did Greg ever take the Beatles challenge you threw out? Curious why you don't have it in your collection anymore though I saw a platinum in that review behind you guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/109?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.