bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 125.
#5101 3 years ago

Congrats and thanks!

No matching purple coin door though?!

SOOO close, but alas ... B+.

#5102 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

*NEW SDTM* Rick & Morty First Look & Unboxing

You keep surpassing yourself!

TY!!!

#5103 3 years ago

Well the main thing is you never know how a game is feel to you until you play it.

#5104 3 years ago

Nice unboxing. I think SDTM might be the new king of pinball unboxing videos.

#5105 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats and thanks!

Look closer.....

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Nice unboxing. I think SDTM might be the new king of pinball unboxing videos.

We love to do em

#5106 3 years ago

Congrats and thanks!

A+!

BF74A76C-2097-45FE-82B6-B3BFCBEF60CB (resized).pngBF74A76C-2097-45FE-82B6-B3BFCBEF60CB (resized).png
#5107 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Great unboxing video, one of the best! I really like the care that Spooky takes with packaging their games. The game looks extremely nice with a lot of attention to detail throughout.

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Look closer.....

Excellent - purple coin door is the way to go!

But why barely reveal the game front with a mere hint of an edge view in a few video frames? Be proud of your Rick & Morty and show it to us in its complete color splendor!

And fix your misleading promo pic ...

SDTM R&M (resized).jpgSDTM R&M (resized).jpg

#5109 3 years ago

Excellent - purple coin door is the way to go!
But why barely reveal the game front with a mere hint of an edge view in a few video frames? Be proud of your Rick & Morty and show it to us in its complete color splendor!
And fix your misleading promo pic ...
[quoted image]

Touché i did use a stock photo pic in the thumbnail. Hahaha I don’t get much sleep so I shit you not man, when I read what you wrote I looked over at the pin to make sure it wasn’t black hahahahahahaha

#5110 3 years ago

Puppet palz is the best thing I have ever heard! Moppy the mop. I love you

sorry wrong thread

#5111 3 years ago

I hope that this means we're gonna get an SDTM review of Rick and Morty sometime soon!

#5112 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Very nicely done, but who started vacuuming at 13:20?

#5113 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That Spooky fan, I heard it too. Be ready for some more sales.

#5114 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My home is full of noises and dogs and TVs and children and, well, pinball. Haha I’m surprised there isn’t more background noise

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ahh I see what you did there Vireland. Good call it is noisy

#5116 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahh I see what you did there Vireland. Good call it is noisy

Sometimes I'm too subtle.

Let me send you a fan. PM me if you want one. I guarantee it will take care of the problem.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Haha. Yeah, word's getting out. It's not at the level of the spike 500W power supply fans yet, but these spooky quiet fan plug n play kits are definitely off to an unexpectedly strong start, which shouldn't be surprising, I guess - I can't believe anyone would put up with that noise in a home environment.

#5117 3 years ago

This was my favorite unboxing yet. The comedy hit on all cylinders and Zach's dancing was great. I must say though I was shocked at how loud the fan noise was. I wasn't sure if it was the game or the recording equipment but definitely something that stood out right away.

#5118 3 years ago

Great vid Zach - you are the undisputed champion of pinball unboxings. Glad AP didn't ask you to take this one down

#5119 3 years ago

I plan to attack the shrink wrap on my cabinet from underneath to get to the leg bolts. I was holding my breath the entire time Zach made a new incision near the art.

#5120 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I plan to attack the shrink wrap on my cabinet from underneath to get to the leg bolts. I was holding my breath the entire time Zach made a new incision near the art.

No fear I’m a doctor.....well, not THAT kind of doctor haha

#5121 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Do we need to chip in and buy Zach a good, sharp pair of scissors or at least a new razor blade? That cutting process was scary to watch. More entertaining than a clean, smooth cut though.

All kidding aside, thanks for a fun-to-watch unboxing. Since I’ve never unboxed a game, you probably saved me from making a stupid mistake when I get mine sometime next year!

#5122 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

All kidding aside, thanks for a fun-to-watch unboxing. Since I’ve never unboxed a game, you probably saved me from making a stupid mistake when I get mine sometime next year!

Srsly, usual unboxings are pretty boring. It‘s always the same and nothing special happens, but I guess we just watch it because I anticipate the game and look forward to unbox them myself.

With Zachs unboxing videos they add something new and an entertainment value of it‘s own (and of course character/ personality) that I even watch the unboxing of games I don‘t give to shits about.

If think that‘s really a great accomplishment!

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly, usual unboxings are pretty boring. It‘s always the same and nothing special happens, but I guess we just watch it because I anticipate the game and look forward to unbox them myself.
With Zachs unboxing videos they add something new and an entertainment value of it‘s own (and of course character/ personality) that I even watch the unboxing of games I don‘t give to shits about.
If think that‘s really a great accomplishment!

We will take that compliment! Thanks

#5124 3 years ago

Is there a link to a running list of up to date SDTM game ratings?

#5125 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

All games B+

#5126 3 years ago

Theres a few A's in there ..... IJ is one of them

#5127 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/pinball-reviews

8132C07C-55A8-4782-897A-ADAD5831FB4F (resized).jpeg8132C07C-55A8-4782-897A-ADAD5831FB4F (resized).jpeg
#5128 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Theres a few A's in there ..... IJ is one of them

Yes you are correct. That was me trying to do stand up comedy, and go SDTM.

#5129 3 years ago

Bar far the best unboxing video I've watched (not that I've watched a lot but still)
For sure the best since hot wheels.

I for real l'edol (is that right?) when that Molly Perc hit.

Nice job.

#5130 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Bar far the best unboxing video I've watched (not that I've watched a lot but still)
For sure the best since hot wheels.
I for real l'edol (is that right?) when that Molly Perc hit.
Nice job.

Thanks J! Always have fun unboxing new toys

#5131 3 years ago

You and Cary should make a dance video!

#5132 3 years ago

Interesting that Zachs #1 Shadow is like Gregs #21st, and you can see Gregs love of the Jurassic Park theme in his top 10. Both are the correct top 10 for them.

Moral of the story: everyone will have their own top 10 and what style of game they prefer. My Top 10 has the hobbit in the top 5

#5133 3 years ago

I think it's interesting how so far no game has gotten a straight A. I wonder if any game will ever break the A- barrier.

#5134 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think it's interesting how so far no game has gotten a straight A. I wonder if any game will ever break the A- barrier.

Fair question though I would ask can you name 1 game that is pure perfection top to bottom with NO suggested improvement? Many are Near flawless but I can’t think of one that is perfect A status.

#5135 3 years ago

Interesting that they haven't rated MM or MMR yet

#5136 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Interesting that they haven't rated MM or MMR yet

Don't know exactly why, but I get the feeling that neither MM nor AFM are personal favorites of theirs. But I'd love for them to do more reviews period, as there are plenty of games out there that I'd love to hear their takes on.

#5137 3 years ago

Wow, just watched Episode 3 of SDTM back from Feb of 2017. What a fun blast from the past! Greg and Zach had such wide-eyed enthusiasm for the hobby. A few highlights that I got a kick out of were- the guys exclusively using the term "retailer" over "distro", the fact that in a one-year-period Greg had purchased 2 pins and Zach had gone through 25+. Sounds about right! I also enjoyed their discussion on The Jetsons pinball machine, that's a game you don't hear much about. Lastly, I thought it was fun that you could tell that even though Zach and Greg were friends, they definitely didn't seem to know each other nearly as well as they do now.

A very fun watch for an old fan, and even though it was early days, it's still a very good episode. It was great to just hear them talk pinball for 40 minutes. Look how happy those two knuckleheads are!

#5138 3 years ago

Oh boy..... Stern just delivered possibly the most loaded Pro Model ever made, with dynamite theme and look, and code is V1.01!

SDTM Unboxing and First Impressions very soon...stay tuned...
427EB58C-66E7-4C22-A5C0-95EF8B3846BB (resized).jpeg427EB58C-66E7-4C22-A5C0-95EF8B3846BB (resized).jpeg

#5139 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh boy..... Stern just delivered possibly the most loaded Pro Model ever made
[quoted image]

It has a spinning disc with a magnet.

#5140 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It has a spinning disc with a magnet.

Surely it must have more if it's the most loaded pro?

#5141 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Surely it must have more if it's the most loaded pro?

Yeah, in addition it has neon coated metal ramps, a subway and 4 TMNT Figurines,....

...oh wait, that was the Data East one.

OK, TMNT Pro has a "static" Party Bus but that's not a "toy", that's just "decoration".

(If this counts Ghostbusters is the most loaded Pro ever. It only has a Slimer bash toy on a fishing rod, but a static cityscape, static Stay Puft, and static firehouse.)

Don't nget me wrong, I think TMNT is awesome from what I've seen, but it's not "loaded".

#5142 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yeah, in addition it has neon coated metal ramps, a subway and 4 TMNT Figurines,....
...oh wait, that was the Data East one.
OK, TMNT Pro has a "static" Party Bus but that's not a "toy", that's just "decoration".
(If this counts Ghostbusters is the most loaded Pro ever. It only has a Slimer bash toy on a fishing rod, but a static cityscape, static Stay Puft, and static firehouse.)
Don't nget me wrong, I think TMNT is awesome from what I've seen, but it's not "loaded".

I mean, IMO it's at least as "loaded" as JP3, and more "loaded" than Stranger Things, at least comparing Pro to Pro. Plus, it's basically code-complete out of the box, which is big deal for pins these days.

#5143 3 years ago

Higher Code # is not loaded

#5144 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I mean, IMO it's at least as "loaded" as JP3, and more "loaded" than Stranger Things, at least comparing Pro to Pro.

JP3 Pro had a Jeep on a Newton Ball... I wouldn't even call that a "toy". (The shots and pure mass of diverse ramps and shots is what is awesome.)

Stranger Things Pro is... Well...

There's a lot to do in TMNT but when talking about "loaded" I personally think about mechs/ toys.

#5145 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I mean, IMO it's at least as "loaded" as JP3

Stern JP has 4 ramps, 3 flippers and incredible code. It's loaded but in a better way. Hopefully Turtles code is in the same league as JP.

#5146 3 years ago

Someone is loaded.

#5147 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Someone is loaded.

Hey Zach is under enormous pressure. Didn’t you see that big green pinball machine lying atop him in the pic? It is obviously crushing his head and depriving his brain of oxygen. Poor guy, I can almost make out the soft whisper of ... I can’t breathe. What he meant to say this pro was almost loaded.
22066C50-A9B5-40A1-B45E-0DC9C436E919.jpeg22066C50-A9B5-40A1-B45E-0DC9C436E919.jpeg

#5148 3 years ago

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Unboxing Challenge & First Look!

AND WIN A TMNT BANNER

...poor Greg in this one...

#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Unboxing Challenge & First Look!
AND WIN A TMNT BANNER
...poor Greg in this one...

Oh and Greg said he will likely not eat pizza for a long loooooong time hahaha

#5150 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh and Greg said he will likely not eat pizza for a long loooooong time hahaha

I'm glad he didn't blow on the video. I was eating breakfast, and I would have followed suit.. And I didn't have a bucket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/103?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.