bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 125.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

HOT WHEELS PINBALL UNBOXING & FIRST LOOK
NEW LINK:

Quoted from ZMeny:

Second Hot Wheels Video Of The Day! This time....
HOT WHEELS PINBALL FIRST IMPRESSIONS

VICTORY!

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Was about to order the game .... now I'm out....

Quoted from ZMeny:

HOT WHEELS PINBALL UNBOXING & FIRST LOOK
NEW LINK:

Hey look, you get to buy the game again. 2 videos means you should order 2!

#5054 3 years ago

Nice work Zack and Greg. I'm genuinely excited for the game and everything looks great except for those animations. I know the animations are from the show but boy do they look rough. Reminds me of a g rated Robot Chicken. Anyone else like the animations?

#5055 3 years ago

Thank you for the videos. Makes me want to play one

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Nice work Zack and Greg. I'm genuinely excited for the game and everything looks great except for those animations. I know the animations are from the show but boy do they look rough. Reminds me of a g rated Robot Chicken. Anyone else like the animations?

I rather enjoyed them. Looks like they did a great job to stay on theme.

#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I was in the same boat and thought it was a big miss, but I truly was sold on it when playing. Just keep an open mind because I was ready to say that part of the pin was a big miss, but I turned. I couldn’t imagine it without and yes that’s kind of messed up to think now. Trust me

#5058 3 years ago

Looks very nice.

I can hardly believe how many choices we have now.

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Looks very nice.
I can hardly believe how many choices we have now.

Ageeed. And yet, prices keep going up. Oh wait, they went down for this title. Cheers to AP!!

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's not ideal that people can tell you to pull your content. I get your a distributor but it's still strange if your posting it as SDTM. Is this a hobbyist unboxing or paid promotional material?

It's obviously a joint promotional otherwise they wouldn't have to pull it.

I'm fine with that as zach is a distributor but if you're expecting this to be a hobbyists view on Pinball - that ship has sailed long ago

I saw the first impressions. Gushfest which is becoming a little much but great job showing off the shots and layout. AP needs all of this they can get!

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I actually love the animations. It’s true to the license, and because it’s actually true to the license, I think it’s better than JP and TMNT in that regard. TMNT looks awesome as a game but the turtle animations look too smiley and goofy, April is a joke, and the “episodes” are just moving stills of opposing characters endlessly breathing while wondering who is going to throw a punch.

Stern has to create animations, and because it feels like both teams and time are limited, they get something cohesive together, but still lacks that certain something. Meanwhile, Hot Wheels looks so dialed in to the theme they’re using. I love how it looks so far.

Ever notice how the JP T-Rex MB animation is exactly like any monster intro on BKSoR? I don’t think they have enough time and resource to completely develop a full animation package before they get put on the next project. So they work with the frameworks and whatnot that they have and put something together that gets the job done, and it does. But it’s always leaving something to be desired. Hot Wheels though looks much more true to the license compared to any Stern animations, and lightyears better in quality than Oktoberfest.

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I actually love the animations. It’s true to the license, and because it’s actually true to the license, I think it’s better than JP and TMNT in that regard. TMNT looks awesome as a game but the turtle animations look too smiley and goofy, April is a joke, and the “episodes” are just moving stills of opposing characters breathing while wondering who is going to throw a punch.
Stern has to create animations, and because it feels like both teams and time are limited, they get something cohesive together, but still lacks that certain something. Meanwhile, Hot Wheels looks so dialed in to the theme they’re using. I love how it looks so far.
Ever notice how the JP T-Rex MB animation is exactly like any monster intro on BKSoR? I don’t think they have enough time and resource to completely develop a full animation package before they get put on the next project. So they work with the frameworks and whatnot that they have and put something together that gets the job done, and it does. But it’s always leaving something to be desired. Hot Wheels though looks much more true to the license compared to any Stern animations, and lightyears better in quality than Oktoberfest.

Hot wheels looks true to the license cause it’s a straight copy and paste asset flip from the show. At least Stern and jjp create some of theirs from scratch.

I don’t want to sound negative I’m just surprised that’s what the show looked like. Thank

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hot wheels looks true to the license cause it’s a straight copy and paste asset flip from the show. At least Stern and jjp create some of theirs from scratch.
I don’t want to sound negative I’m just surprised that’s what the show looked like. Thank

Would you call it a “copy and paste asset flip” if JP had real movie clips and voices? Or can we just agree having the assets from a license is a net plus? JP is certainly not better off from an animations perspective by not having the movie assets.

#5064 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Actually, the Hot Wheels pinball has a significant amount of animation assets custom created for the game. As good as the Hot Wheels City cartoons are, for some reason they didn't have anything at all about Super Jackpot, Extra Ball, Ball Saved, etc etc etc...

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Actually, the Hot Wheels pinball has a significant amount of animation assets custom created for the game. As good as the Hot Wheels City cartoons are, for some reason they didn't have anything at all about Super Jackpot, Extra Ball, Ball Saved, etc etc etc...

Slightly off topic but your code on alien is some of the best out there. Highly underrated. Just too limited of a game for people to try. Hopefully that changes soon ; )

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Zach did you buy the game? Nobody can boss you around once you’ve paid for the game. wtf happened?

Yes I purchased the game. No we did not ask for or receive any compensation for making the videos. We were not forced to take down the first video. We were asked to initially due to...reasons. After a quick edit to take out miscommunication about how much “gameplay” could be shown, Greg and I decided to re-upload the video, given the amount of time we spent at short notice to make it all happen. We were asked to make the videos and we were given permission to air them today. We had a blast doing it and we both love creating content and will continue doing so. Thanks for the support everyone and for watching the videos.

In pinball media, it’s always something, as my poor Rick and Morty sits in the box waiting to be opened....

#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Slightly off topic but your code on alien is some of the best out there. Highly underrated.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! I wish there were 2,000 Aliens in the wild instead of only 200.

The good news is that I continue to learn and grow with every game I create, and I've tried to put my best into Hot Wheels... hope you (and everyone) get a chance to play it soon and love it as much as I do.

#5068 3 years ago

I liked the animations

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Would you call it a “copy and paste asset flip” if JP had real movie clips and voices? Or can we just agree having the assets from a license is a net plus? JP is certainly not better off from an animations perspective by not having the movie assets.

If Jurassic Park had taken a batch of images and just collaged and pieced them togethered without changing anything yes I would call that an asset flip. Same as if tmnt just used clips from the show.

I really like the game and artwork and Im sure it’s going to do well. But I won’t say it’s impressive to flip assets. No matter the manufacturer. Take that as you will.

Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks, I really appreciate that! I wish there were 2,000 Aliens in the wild instead of only 200.
The good news is that I continue to learn and grow with every game I create, and I've tried to put my best into Hot Wheels... hope you (and everyone) get a chance to play it soon and love it as much as I do.

What’s been shown so far looks really good. I think you guys have a hit on your hands

#5070 3 years ago

Zach and Greg - entertaining as always. The game?

#5071 3 years ago

Hey, just a little tidbit if you've watched the SDTM First Impression of Hot Wheels... Zach mentions that the arrow inserts have several LEDs to avoid "dead spots". While it's true that this avoids dead/hot spots -- those pinpricks of light in the middle of an insert -- we do more than that. When shots are lit for Battles (modes) or multiballs, we often do lighting chase patterns within the arrow insert ... this is a really cool effect, it's an animation within the arrows on the playfield. And since all of the playfield LEDs are full RGB... all the better. This is something I always thought would be cool to do, so I'm really glad we got the opportunity to do it on Hot Wheels. It's one of those subtle features that really catches your eye when you walk up to play the game.

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hey, just a little tidbit if you've watched the SDTM First Impression of Hot Wheels... Zach mentions that the arrow inserts have several LEDs to avoid "dead spots". While it's true that this avoids dead/hot spots -- those pinpricks of light in the middle of an insert -- we do more than that. When shots are lit for Battles (modes) or multiballs, we often do lighting chase patterns within the arrow insert ... this is a really cool effect, it's an animation within the arrows on the playfield. And since all of the playfield LEDs are full RGB... all the better. This is something I always thought would be cool to do, so I'm really glad we got the opportunity to do it on Hot Wheels. It's one of those subtle features that really catches your eye when you walk up to play the game.

Something like what they did on The Last Starfighter homebrew?

More refined version:

Original rough attempt on The Last Starfighter:

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Dammit, it's the little things like this that get me geeked up. Really cool. Thanks for the heads-up. Add to that, my 2 year old son is super into cars and Hot Wheels right now, and my stretch goal is to get him into pinball early (long shot, I know), so I'm admittedly considering this for our next game.

#5074 3 years ago

This game looks super fun. Great video, thanks for putting it together.

#5075 3 years ago

Enjoyed the videos, especially the impressions one. The game does have nice art that pops. Vibrant. Cabinet and playfield look good and true to the theme.

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

In pinball media

LOL "Pinball media"

This term always gets a chuckle from me, no matter who uses it.

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I noticed this happening in the vidoeo, specifically on the hot wheels logo insert and the effect looked like a hologram. So Sexy.

#5078 3 years ago

Great videos- it looked like you both truly enjoyed playing. Love to see that enthusiasm

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Reminds me of a g rated Robot Chicken. Anyone else like the animations?

#5080 3 years ago

Great job AP! No company is perfect but these guys are learning and each release is getting better!

#5081 3 years ago

Challenge accepted. FlipNOut is not listed but it is in play. HW will be a big seller for AP and once I play it, one may be following me home.

4D3C22DF-7A3E-4AED-A89A-03ADB6227E74.jpeg4D3C22DF-7A3E-4AED-A89A-03ADB6227E74.jpeg

#5082 3 years ago

Rule card does a good job explaining the objectives in thirty seconds. Typeface on playfield is easy to read.
AAD2833B-9C88-4940-8BDD-E0CD7FEACE17.jpegAAD2833B-9C88-4940-8BDD-E0CD7FEACE17.jpeg

52E8B640-8C27-4F10-9D67-1FF5EE3A7096.jpeg52E8B640-8C27-4F10-9D67-1FF5EE3A7096.jpeg
#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Something like what they did on The Last Starfighter homebrew?

Apparently so. During the stream today, in addition to the arrow inserts, check out the round insert in the middle of the pop bumper cluster.

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Challenge accepted. FlipNOut is not listed but it is in play. HW will be a big seller for AP and once I play it, one may be following me home.
[quoted image]

Yeah I don’t really post new games in marketplace, seems redundant to me. People hear about Flip N Out Pinball enough so I’m told hahaha so friends and customers know where to find us. It’s on our website to purchase though. BUY BUY BUY!!!

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

BUY BUY BUY!!!

Trending up

#5086 3 years ago

New pinball machines finally coming out again...I think my pants are trending up!

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

New pinball machines finally coming out again...I think my pants are trending up!

Hahaha YES!!!!!

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

It's a really nice looking game . The playfield looks great , there's more there than meets the eye . I really like the inserts , especially on the bottom half and I love how the Hot Wheels logo lights up . AP adds lots of little touches , powder coated legs , side blades , decals on the apron and the flippers and the backboard in 3D . A lot of bang for your buck for the money .Turtles might have some competition .

#5090 3 years ago

Just watched the videos. Game looks awesome! Love the animations. Makes me want to watch the show. Haha

#5091 3 years ago

Zach, is it just me or are those lanes pretty tight like houdini? Seems a lot of shots were rattling around and getting rejected. Maybe everyone just needs to find the proper angle to set their games to. I know my deadpool was a clunkfest until i found the perfect angle

#5092 3 years ago

The shots are wider than Houdini. The only narrow shot is the kicker lane, which we’ve made appropriately valuable (Super Jackpot, Boost Scoring).

Most of the shots are backhandable, too.

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The shots are wider than Houdini. The only narrow shot is the kicker lane, which we’ve made appropriately valuable (Super Jackpot, Boost Scoring).
Most of the shots are backhandable, too.

Thanks. Looking forward to DF stream.

#5094 3 years ago

From what I've seen the pin looks great and you've done an awesome job . I'm in the market for a new pin but after buying a couple of pins from your Australian distributor I will never buy anything of him again , so that's just leaves me with Stern . I can't speak for anyone else but I know a few other people who feel the same way .

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Apparently so. During the stream today, in addition to the arrow inserts, check out the round insert in the middle of the pop bumper cluster.

Will do, thanks.

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Zach, is it just me or are those lanes pretty tight like houdini? Seems a lot of shots were rattling around and getting rejected. Maybe everyone just needs to find the proper angle to set their games to. I know my deadpool was a clunkfest until i found the perfect angle

Shots are not tight in my opinion and it shoots very well. The kickback shot is tight no doubt which I'm good with because it's associated with big scoring. The shot to the vuk can be a bit tricky especially with a drop target blocking it, but again that makes sense to me.

Granted my feel for it filming was literally the first couple of games we put on it. Played it at length last night and I've got it down much better. No one will say this is a poor shooting game.

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No one will say this is a poor shooting game.

This is a poor shooting game.

#5098 3 years ago

As always your videos are very entertaining but also a great promotion for the machine. Hot Wheels wasn't even on my radar as a machine that I'd ever consider, but that light show was awesome, and my 6 year old watched the whole video then asked when we were getting one.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

*NEW SDTM* Rick & Morty First Look & Unboxing

Thanks for that video!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/102?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.