bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 125.
#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not that I'm a big Stranger Things fan, but I have to ask regarding the SDTM grading system: how does all A's (varying) and a single B (worth only 10%) add up to only an overall B+ grade from Zach?!
Seems kind of wacky.
[quoted image]

Seems off based on visual, but I believe it to be correct. A 3.7 would have made it an A-. #numbersdontlie

#5002 3 years ago

Not that I'm a big Stranger Things fan, but I have to ask regarding the SDTM grading system: how does all A's (varying) and a single B (worth only 10%) add up to only an overall B+ grade from Zach?!
Seems kind of wacky.
[quoted image]

Weighted grading pulling up the "value" of the B, and discounting the value of the A+ ?

It does look odd, but I assume they have a spreadsheet that calculates stuff well enough. Only ~3/4 of the way through this episode so far but digging it! Glad to have you guys back to keep me company while working around the house .

#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Seems off based on visual, but I believe it to be correct. A 3.7 would have made it an A-. #numbersdontlie

So ... could it be that the "Boneman" has been getting a bad rap as "always" awarding B+'s then?

Perhaps not his fault, but rather the grading system which he has been forced to work with!

#5004 3 years ago

So ... could it be that the "Boneman" has been getting a bad rap as "always" awarding B+'s then?
Perhaps not his fault, but rather the grading system which he has been forced to work with!

hahaha its certainly tough for a pin to receive an A, which we like. On the other hand, contemporary pinball machines always have some redeeming value, which makes it difficult for any grade to be lower than a C overall. It's not a perfect system, but it's fun, especially when everything Greg rates is a B+ hahahaha

#5005 3 years ago

HUMMMM......

#5006 3 years ago

Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Topper Unboxing + PRIZE GIVEAWAY!

#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Topper Unboxing + PRIZE GIVEAWAY!

Man I love me some JP but this just feels like EA is taking over the pinball industry. If I want to see all features of this game, I have to buy a $600 topper that doesn't even really look much better than a Laseriffic or TiltTopper toppers. This is happening on the coat tails of Stranger Things and the UV LED Kit which was exactly the same scenario. If I'm buying LE versions of a game and then have to purchase additional accessories to really enjoy every feature, I'm calling BS on the value of an LE. Sorry to vent on this thread, but it's Stern seems to really embrace the idea of freemium. Makes me curious what feature on TMNT I'll have to pay extra for when it becomes available.

#5008 3 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Man I love me some JP but this just feels like EA is taking over the pinball industry. If I want to see all features of this game, I have to buy a $600 topper that doesn't even really look much better than a Laseriffic or TiltTopper toppers. This is happening on the coat tails of Stranger Things and the UV LED Kit which was exactly the same scenario. If I'm buying LE versions of a game and then have to purchase additional accessories to really enjoy every feature, I'm calling BS on the value of an LE. Sorry to vent on this thread, but it's Stern seems to really embrace the idea of freemium. Makes me curious what feature on TMNT I'll have to pay extra for when it becomes available.

The 600 is probably justified, in their minds, because of the goat mode add on. Let's face it, they're probably needing an influx of quick easy money, and this is it. They will sell out, sadly, which will only perpetuate this trend.

#5009 3 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

It's all about the "Benjamins". Stern will continue to charge whatever the market will bear.

Just another step in their marketing evolution. Past questionable business decisions like selling Munster LE's as "limited" to 500 only and then increasing the quantity afterwards to 600 (because they could get away with it), was an example of bending willing customers over. Now they've moved on to charging them for the vaseline too.

#5010 3 years ago

It's all about the "Benjamins". Stern will continue to charge whatever the market will bear.
Just another step in their marketing evolution. Past questionable business decisions like selling Munster LE's as "limited" to 500 only and then increasing the quantity afterwards to 600 (because they could get away with it), was an example of bending willing customers over. Now they've move on to charging them for the vaseline too.

Yup. Bought 1 of those 500 Munsters LEs.
Then they increased to 600. I get the money grab on Stern’s side.

On my side I have not bought a Stern since and sold my DPLE, GBLE, Guardians LE, etc.

Oh yeah, I have a beautiful Munsters LE for sale too.

I will wait for quite awhile to see what Stern does in the future. And this crap does not help my decision.

I am just hoping ALL big distributors are voicing buyer concerns. If so, I will continue to buy other brands from them.

In short term, the money grab will continue; however, the long term will catch up (it always does).

PS - I let Zach Sharpe and the rest know at Stern; as I was a loyal LE buyer. I even cancelled my JPLE order that was placed at the time.

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Man I love me some JP but this just feels like EA is taking over the pinball industry.

Hey let's go easy on EA

#5012 3 years ago

HOT WHEELS PINBALL UNBOXING & FIRST LOOK

Another video up in an hour or two!

NEW LINK:

#5014 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Another video up in an hour or two!

So basically free shaker motor for all buyers?

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So basically free shaker motor for all buyers?

Let's hope not!

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Let's hope not!

Thats what the advertisement says. Well first 500 anyway along with art blades. Get mine in a few days looking forward to it.

#5017 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats what the advertisement says. Well first 500 anyway along with art blades. Get mine in a few days looking forward to it.

I think he was implying they won't sell more than 500, therefore all buyers would get a free shaker. I hope they sell a lot more than 500! Will be interested to hear your review when you get it.

#5018 3 years ago

I've been hearing free topper

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think he was implying they won't sell more than 500, therefore all buyers would get a free shaker. I hope they sell a lot more than 500! Will be interested to hear your review when you get it.

Houdini sold a few hundred more than 500. Octoberfest sold a lot less (some say just a few hundred sold), so everyone gets a free shaker on Hot Wheels is a pretty safe bet. The license isn't going to turbocharge AP sales, and whoever pushed for that annoying spinning car should sent to a Pat Lawlor re-education camp.

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Houdini sold a few hundred more than 500. Octoberfest sold a lot less (some say just a few hundred sold), so everyone gets a free shaker on Hot Wheels is a pretty safe bet. The license isn't going to turbocharge AP sales, and whoever pushed for that annoying spinning car should sent to a Pat Lawlor re-education camp.

Such a negative Nancy! I heard in a podcast that the behavior of the spinning car has been changed from what we saw in the brief videos so far.

#5021 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Such a negative Nancy! I heard in a podcast that the behavior of the spinning car has been changed from what we saw in the brief videos so far.

Just being real. We had Houdini. Passed on Oktoberfest. Passing on Hot Wheels.

Rooting for AP, but they need to get out of their own way.

#5022 3 years ago

Anyone else getting this error trying to view the vid?

"null
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in."

#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

"null

Watched it fine on Firefox BEFORE...not it is set to "Private."

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

"null

They've made it private now for some reason.

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

"null

I "Think" a certain individual complained and they had to remove it....... Sad really. ANY marketing is GOOD marketing. I thought the video was rather good.

#5026 3 years ago

If AP requested to take this down, K man might be right about their business accumen. It was well done and now I'm excited to see the game in person.

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I "Think" a certain individual complained and they had to remove it....... Sad really. ANY marketing is GOOD marketing. I thought the video was rather good.

Any marketing is good for American Pinball and distributors but bad for someone who has been doing a lot of work if they were promised first media unveiling. I don't know anything either but if I was doing a lot of work promoting doing more work on a Saturday then I may be annoyed.

Solid SDTM video and I appreciate the work everyone is doing but if your work is the promotion and not distributing I can understand.

#5028 3 years ago

Sorry everybody, we were asked to pull the first video and maybe the second because someone wasn’t happy about it. Full transparency, we were asked to the videos and had approval to air today.

#5029 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This is a perfect example of how AP needs to get out of their own way. Hot Wheels is what it is, and no amount of editing is going to change that. Too late trying to control the narrative and piss off people like Zach that are trying to play by the rules AND HELP THEM SELL MACHINES. It's not his fault. Let it fly and make the next pin choice better.

#5030 3 years ago

Hot Wheels looks fast and fun to me, I wanna play it

#5031 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Any marketing is good for American Pinball and distributors but bad for someone who has been doing a lot of work if they were promised first media unveiling. I don't know anything either but if I was doing a lot of work promoting doing more work on a Saturday then I may be annoyed.
Solid SDTM video and I appreciate the work everyone is doing but if your work is the promotion and not distributing I can understand.

Would understand if they were giving away answers to a test or the ending of a movie. Its a pinball machine that they Desperately need to sell in volume. ANY promotion or Support for that company should be welcomed with open arms and appreciated.

#5032 3 years ago

Just watched the video. Looks like a lot of fun.

#5033 3 years ago

My guess is that they’ll get to run the videos after tomorrow evening...but it still sucks that they’re down now!

#5034 3 years ago

Zach did you buy the game? Nobody can boss you around once you’ve paid for the game. wtf happened?

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sorry everybody, we were asked to pull the first video and maybe the second because someone wasn’t happy about it. Full transparency, we were asked to the videos and had approval to air today.

Whew .... Thanks for the explanation. I thought it becoming private had something to do with you and Greg's mom or something. ha ha ha

#5036 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Zach did you buy the game? Nobody can boss you around once you’ve paid for the game. wtf happened?

My guess is thats not the case with a distributor contract. Should have just put the video in Gregs name lol.

#5037 3 years ago

Game is way more loaded at about "Pro" pricepoint then it seemed at first glance.

"Animated" inserts, still Full RGB, real Backglass, Magnet, Backkicker, that spinning car, lenticular backpanel, colored ramps, artblades...

#5038 3 years ago

If you type sdtm into YouTube, the second video called - hot wheels unboxing & first look - is available if you act fast.

#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It's not ideal that people can tell you to pull your content. I get your a distributor but it's still strange if your posting it as SDTM. Is this a hobbyist unboxing or paid promotional material?

#5040 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is this a hobbyist unboxing or paid promotional material?

Always hard to tell with old Zach

I kid Zach, I kid

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's not ideal that people can tell you to pull your content. I get your a distributor but it's still strange if your posting it as SDTM. Is this a hobbyist unboxing or paid promotional material?

What about "unpaid" promotional material?

They were showing games at the AP Factory before Zach was a distributor.

The "nice" thing being "nice" is that people are "nice".

#5042 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What about "unpaid" promotional material?
They were showing games at the AP Factory before Zach was a distributor.
The "nice" thing being "nice" is that people are "nice".

I get the whole nice thing and I understand timeline embargoes but when a company is telling influencers/content creators what they can show or say online that is a little suspect. I've never heard of someone being told to pull something after the embargo has passed because they dont like it.

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I get the whole nice thing and I understand timeline embargoes but when a company is telling influencers/content creators what they can show or say online that is a little suspect.

Completely agreed. Especially like in This case where the feedback and content was done Unsolicited and unpaid.

#5044 3 years ago

I'm sure the videos will be back up by tomorrow night or Sunday morning. I've been saying this a lot today, but man Pinball Media sure is a roller coaster! I've decided to just laugh off the drama and enjoy the ride. Can't control other people, just have to roll with the punches. Drama Queens gonna drama, and haters gonna hate.

Might as well just smile in their faces!

#5045 3 years ago

Was about to order the game .... now I'm out....

#5046 3 years ago

Thx for that unboxing, that was hilarious. XD

Had a good laugh!

#5047 3 years ago

Great video. My first SDTM and I've watched a dozen more since.

Dying to send you one of these after watching the Hot Wheels unboxing though.

H-175 (resized).jpgH-175 (resized).jpg
#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Great video. My first SDTM and I've watched a dozen more since.
Dying to send you one of these after watching the Hot Wheels unboxing though.
[quoted image]

I just change blades. There are awesome to cut your floor/ carpet.

51-X96dC-pL._AC_ (resized).jpg51-X96dC-pL._AC_ (resized).jpg
#5049 3 years ago

NEW LINK:

#5050 3 years ago

Second Hot Wheels Video Of The Day! This time....

HOT WHEELS PINBALL FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/101?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.