Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrkitty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

After almost 4 years of collecting data, 3 servers, some very expensive software, lots of cursing, and a lot of hard scripting and html work, we are pleased to announce the official release of PinballPrice.com

This site is free to use and includes a very large database of actual pinball sales records. This site does not attempt to set prices like some others try and do, this site just shows you the facts and allows you to see for yourself how much games are trading for in the industry. This includes onsite game auctions as well as ebay sales.

You can submit sales records to add to the database of games you sell, but we will take steps to verify accuracy as best we can before it will be included. This site was a tremendous amount of work and also a great amount of money to develop including labor, software and server costs. The site is planned to someday include a classified section in the future but we may have to move to a larger dedicated server prior to that release.

I hope you like the site and hopefully you will no longer need to request a “price check” to get an idea what your game is worth.

Surely some haters will not like this site, but remember this site is not trying to influence or determine pinball prices like some other books and sites try to do. This is about educating others about what games really sell for, and not speculation based on the opinion of one or a few.

Be sure to read the “how to use this site” section, as you can sort based on price, location, sale date, and more. The results also indicate the high, low and average pricing of the records in the database. You can search by game name or IPD#, but spelling is important. Also look at the small photo displayed in the results to verify you are looking at the correct game. Also included is a links section, events section, and info on upcoming auctions. A page also explains some factors that can attribute to a machines worth.

Please “like” our page on Facebook to follow site updates, and help us spread the word by telling your friends. If you have input or suggestions you can email us from the site directly so you don’t have to communicate here. Hopefully you will find this site useful and help the cause by contributing actual data. As we get to know you better and see who we can trust to submit accurate data, then your inclusions will be expedited. For now we will use caution to try and keep this as accurate as possible for you to enjoy.

Here is a link to the site, http://www.pinballprice.com/
    Thanks for reading
    Scott

#11 10 years ago

thanks for the input, as it will all be taken into consideration. As for the search sorting, you can sort by date, price, location, etc. Tomorrow we will change the default sort to ascending order. As for the search spelling, try and simplify it by just typing in “Simpsons” or “Madness”, then you can choose correct game from results shown until we figure everything out.

#17 10 years ago

not all the recent data has been entered yet, it will take several more days.

as for the submission error, thanks for pointing that out, seems to be a problem. Hope to have it fixed soon.
    thanks

#32 10 years ago

let me try and answer some of the comments. This site is a work in progress and I need to hear feedback so I can possibly correct some things to make the site better. Some of the comments indicate that learning how to use the site will make things a lot easier for the user. Let me use the "Road Show" search example above as this brings up a valid point. The database records are entirely based on the game name and spelling used in the internet pinball database. For that particular game, the correct title is "Red & Ted's Road Show", however I just did a search for "Road Show" and it displayed the game in the results. I also did a search for "Show" and another for "Road", in those instances it displayed several games, then I clicked the arrow to the left of the game I wanted, and it displayed the results. It would be best to use a short search that contains a main title word, then choose from the results.

an app may be possible later after everything settles down and we fine tune some things.

auctions are shown as hammer price not including fees as they vary, and ebay listings are only for games that actually sold with the price in green color and the seller was charged the selling fee.

thanks to all of the positive comments and suggestions. Until now only a few of us working on the site had input, so we did not have all the answers. Try and be patient as we work to improve the site as it requires a lot of time and effort to add data and make changes. Some of the site features are quite complicated to make function and the man responsible for most of that work has done a fantastic job just to get this site up and running.

#40 10 years ago

several fixes and updates made today. The search now defaults to game name, and search results will default to most recent first (as requested).

I have a lot more data to enter, but it will take some time as I do the data entry myself. The submission form bugs seem to be worked out, so if you tried to submit a sales record yesterday as mentioned above, please try again as it should work fine now.

Thanks for your patience as we get through these growing pains

#75 10 years ago

thanks for the positive comments from many, I will try and answer a few comments:
    Ebay listing are only for completed sales, not asking prices. A lot of data is still being entered and that will take me a while so you will continue to see the results increase in records. We used 3 servers as this site was constructed and tested as my first two attempts did not have enough size, transfer, and application pool memory to work properly. Truth is the current server is probably not good enough to keep up with the damand forever, but it is what I could afford. As for the google ads, those are shown to help pay for the monthly server. I know many do not like that, but at least I did not print a book and charge you $20 or more for my opinions on what machines should cost. This site is free to you to use, and I am doing the best I can within my ability. This is not my full time job, and I can only do so much. I welcome you to submit any suggestions to the site email and I will try and improve this as time goes on, but I will never be able to create something that everyone agrees on. I keep seeing comments as to how other could do it better, and why software, why 3 servers, and I did not know how to do all these things so I found some people that were willing to spend a lot of time helping me. Telerik is a very expensive software license that runs this site, and the graphics used photoshop and others. Maybe there are other ways to do all this, but this is what we built and I am proud of it.

I will try and add notes about condition to future entries, and this can be added when submitting results, but I cannot go back and add notes to current data, as that was never recorded over the last few years when I collected the data.

I hope you enjoy the site as it continues to improve, if you don't like it I am sorry, and nobody is forcing you to use it. This will be the last post here concerning this as too much criticism is being thrown and I have too much respect for this Pinside site and for those trying to help. I never built this site to offend anyone to cause problems here at Pinside, just wanted to create something for people to enjoy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrkitty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-sales-data-site?tu=jrkitty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.