Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pinslot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

This is a shill post. The Classic Pinball Podcast has just released its first Episode. The topic is Pintastic show in MA next weekend. You can find it on Google and Spotify. I hope this doesn’t break any rules.

#2 4 years ago

I can't find it through my Podcast Addict app. Do you have a link to the rss feed?

#4 4 years ago

It appears that www.breaker.audio is the easiest way to access. New to this so not familiar with apps you need or don’t. Sorry for the technical difficulties. It appears that you need to be a subscriber to Spotify to listen.

#5 4 years ago

Scratch that. Need to subscribe. No RSS feed to date. I will provide when available. Sorry.
    Thanks for your patience.

#6 4 years ago

Breaker.audio seems to work for those who don’t want another app. Feedback would help.

#8 4 years ago

Best of luck! Welcome to the family.

#9 4 years ago

Thank you. It is very thoughtful. Ive been a listener for a couple months. Some of the nicest people are from your area. I enjoy both of you. Please keep broadcasting.

#10 4 years ago

Listened yesterday to Slap Save. Great pinball story about the seven year old with a hose.....

We are doing better than I thought. Thanks to all who have listened to our new podcast

https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast/e/48232130

#11 4 years ago

Podcast not found in Plex.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Podcast not found in Plex.

Have to get it on breaker for now. It should be able to be accessed on other platforms in the future but for now breaker is the best option as no download/software/app required.

Lots of Pintastic 2019 pre-show and name dropping in our first episode here:
    https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast/e/48232130

#13 4 years ago

What's that you say? A new pinball podcast? =)

#14 4 years ago

We have another distributor:

Overcast.fm

No subscription necessary

Thanks to all who have listened.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

We have another distributor:
    Overcast.fm
    No subscription necessary
    Thanks to all who have listened.

https://overcast.fm/itunes1469743456/the-classic-pinball-podcast

#16 4 years ago

I subscribed using the RSS feed:
    https://anchor.fm/s/c298b94/podcast/rss

Will give it a listen. Thanks for podcasting!

#18 4 years ago

Pintastic's 1st TRIPLE CROWN WINNER of Best in Play Pintastic 2019 Ryan McQuaid is interviewed as well as the other 8 category / era winners on freshly dropped episode 2:

https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast

#19 4 years ago

Episode 3 coming very soon. (Perhaps tonight or tomorrow if time allows)

George and I recording episode #3 later today!

2 weeks later
    1 week later
    #22 4 years ago

Shout out to Jason at Slap Save......hope you are feeling better every day.

I’m a little late but play some extra pinball. You will feel better quicker!

#23 4 years ago

Our next podcast coming very soon. Another Classic Stern is talked about in length and now with improved sounds of the game in all their glory can be heard. We will be going back into Quicksilver too in an addendum episode to get all it's sounds recorded the way they should be heard up close and personal. =)

#24 4 years ago

Alright....which Stern will it be...only time will tell!

#25 4 years ago

I enjoyed the Quicksilver episodes. Thank you for covering the classics!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Alright....which Stern will it be...only time will tell!

Hint: There is a voluptuous lady on the backglass. =)

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

I enjoyed the Quicksilver episodes. Thank you for covering the classics!

Our pleasure Jeff! =)

3 years later
    #31 1 year ago

Excellent episode! Great job George and Dave in keeping the classics alive.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Excellent episode! Great job George and Dave in keeping the classics alive.

Thankyou Methos and thankyou for that info you sent me about Pulp Playing like a Classic Bally and Bond 60th playing like a Classic Stern.
    Can't wait to play each of these to see if I have the same play experience. =)

On this episode, Keith tells his story of how he was inspired by several Classic Stern titles to come up with his design for Bond 60th.

We talk with him about his very early years and how he got started with pinball as a youth playing and fixing pinball and arcade games as well as all the 70's and 80's classic titles he played as well as the very early pinball tournaments prior to pinball tournaments being a thing around the time when Twilight Zone first came out.

Good times!

#33 1 year ago

Methos thanks for the kind words.

1 month later
    #34 11 months ago

Dear George and Dr Dave,

This was one of my three favorite episodes so far. (Flight 2000 and Funspot Arcade were the other two).

I love the pins I grew up with, which means late EMs and early solid state. Your show covers the early solid state Ballys and Sterns admirably.

You two are an excellent combo: age vs wisdom; enthusiasm vs expertise; volume vs tone , but seriously yours is by far my fave pinball podcast.

Your new fan from Germany.

Stefan

#35 11 months ago

Wow! Thank you very much. I guess you like old, loud and excited podcasters. Lol.

I’d like your help. The German pinball world is vast yet this podcast gets more listens from England and Sweden among others. Care to explain why that may be the case? Anything we can do to attract more?

I appreciate your comments and hope you enjoy tomorrows release. Thank you Stefan!

#36 11 months ago

Hmm… good question.

I’m going to take a wild stab and say:

1. The language barrier: Many older Germans don’t necessarily speak good enough English to follow a podcast by US native speakers (I emigrated from England)

2. Lack of Germany-related pinball content. I don’t know how keen you are to get more German listeners, but I could make some suggestions that may help if you’re interested

Looking forward to your next episode.

(Btw I totally with you two on Bow and Arrow. One of the best multi-player EMs IMO)

#37 11 months ago

Thanks. Your analysis makes sense. I’m spoiled by the fact that Jim and Dina do such a great job covering the German pinball scene that I assumed most were bilingual. As you know I can barely speak English so a second language to me is remarkable.

Thanks again for listening and your feedback.

#38 11 months ago

Ok, you’re welcome.

6 months later
    #39 4 months ago

I was just going over your back catalogue and noticed I had overlooked the Playboy episode. That’s like tidying the cellar and finding a bottle of single malt Scotch. Another excellent episode with great anecdotes. Also enjoyed the recent episodes. Keep up the excellent work.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-podcast?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.