20230415_073957 (resized).jpg
20230415_071753 (resized).jpg
20230414_171603 (resized).jpg
20230414_175759 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220103_140954934 (resized).jpg
20190524_162105 (resized).jpg
20190524_162039 (resized).jpg
20190524_161419 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

Nick, you are the man! Lovin' your new 'cast. Keep up the great work.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#26 9 years ago

Wow, you really are doing a one-a-day 'cast, aren't you! Impressive. High quality stuff, too. Nice tech segments (I learn something every episode) and fun interviews. Your daughter (a while back) was a hoot and the chat with Steve Smith was like an oral history lesson. Particularly liked hearing his unpublished article read by him. As he mentioned, you're carrying the torch for a new generation. Keep this up, Nick!

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Episode 25...How to determine if you're getting a good deal (most of the time, you are with a bingo...

Episode 25 - What Nick tells his wife.
Episode 26 - Mrs. Baldridge reveals the truth

#37 9 years ago

Mrs. Baldridge is only happy when the games are less than $50.

Ha-ha! Sounds familiar. *LOL* Ever think about having her on for a show? Could be fun hearing from your better half. ...does she play (bingo or pinball) at all?

#39 9 years ago

It was a hoot to hear your daughter talking about your pins and bingos. Indoctrinating them young! GO NICK! Ha-ha! (I'm guilty of the same thing with my 1.5-year-old son.)

Well, tell your wife that there is a request to hear her side of the Baldridge Bingo story.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the 'casts!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#44 9 years ago

Bump for a milestone 30th episode! Congrats, Nick! ...see you in less than a month for your golden anniversary.

#49 9 years ago

Very exciting! Couldn't believe you were going to pass on this originally. Looks like a fabulous example. Can't wait to listen to the podcast documenting the adventure. Good luck with the shop job, Nick!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#52 9 years ago

I caught up on a few episodes on my Monday commute. Wow, that email interview with Phil was great! I was wondering how that was going to translate from email to podcast form when I read the episode description, but he was smart, witty and informative. The episode was a pleasure to listen to! Thank you for conducting that interview.

Keep up the great work, Nick!

#55 9 years ago

...his upcoming acquisition!

Do tell!

#57 9 years ago

CLIFFHANGER!!!

...I won't spoil it for the rest of your listeners.

#64 9 years ago

There was a Firepower used as a prop on Dancing with the Stars tonight. It, of course, made chime sounds. *LOL*

#71 9 years ago

Check out the video I reference here:

...seriously. I had dreams about this piece after watching the video. What a mechanical masterpiece! Thanks for highlighting it, Nick.

#83 8 years ago

Happy 50th, Nick!

robinhood.gifrobinhood.gif

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Thanks Nick and Steve.

Also, kudos to you, Vic, for making the podcast rounds this month. I enjoyed hearing your stories on both Spooky and For Amusement Only. Keep up the great work in the hobby.

P.S. Did anyone pick up your Night Club this past weekend? Was really wishing I was closer when you announced that.

Take care,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Sooner or later the right person will end up with the game.

I may make my way up North...

This needs to happen.

2 weeks later
#114 8 years ago

That Bounty Bingo video was really informative. Would love to see some actual gameplay and ball control. I listened to the episode where you talk about hand (and knee) position, but it'd be interesting to see it in action.

Keep it up, Nick!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#117 8 years ago

Interview with Sophia Baldridge

CUTE!!!

#119 8 years ago

Episode 58 - Roller Derby

Episode 59 - Double-Up

Episode 60 - Big Wheel and Magic Ring

Episode 61 - The First Bingo - United's ABC

Episode 71 - Sun Valley

Just curious; do you plan on reviewing every bingo machine? No complaints here...just sounds ambitious.

Keep it up, Nick!

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Nick....Thanks for sharing the email conversation you had with Dennis on your podcast.

Agreed! SO COOL to hear about the underground payout method. There was a whole ritual to it! ...and obviously frowned upon.

Wow. What a cool piece of history!!!

Since I'm of a younger generation and never experienced a Bingo in the wild, I'd always wondered how EXACTLY that worked. The recounts of payouts I've heard have usually been mentioned pretty off-handedly, like it wasn't a big deal.

#127 8 years ago

Happy Dodranscentennial!

Go, Nick, go!!!

#137 8 years ago

Episode 81 - Score Reel Operation

How do score reels function? Pt. 2 in a series on score reels. As a continuous stepper with pictures instead of rivets!

I'm assuming Nick was sleepy.

2 weeks later
#163 8 years ago

Episode 94 - EM Rifle Games

...game mechanics...

Fascinating! For some ignorant reason I thought they used light sensors to register a shot.

#173 8 years ago

I'm incredibly excited and honored to have worked with Ryan.

I feel like the lucky one here. I've been listening to Nick's podcasts since way back...three months ago? Regardless of how quickly he's managed to amass a hundred episodes, I can tell you he's just as pleasant to work with as his podcasts sound. Plus, I'm really psyched about how this came out and excited we can finally release this news.

Finally, here's a mock-up:

forAmusementOnlyShirtMock.jpgforAmusementOnlyShirtMock.jpg

Congratulations, Nick, on the century mark!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

P.S. Sweet new avatar!

#176 8 years ago

Looks like Nick either fell asleep at the wheel again or didn't press the send button hard enough. Regardless, there's another episode waiting for everyone:

- -- ----- -- -

Episode 102 - Interview with Robert Medl 6-11-15

[Nick] interviewed Robert Medl, a bingo collector and enthusiast who has just purchased many machines.

Robert discusses his first experience and purchase, his current lineup, and some of the games in his restoration queue.

The bingo repair videos discussed are available at the following sources:
http://www.bingorepair.com/
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/BBSG-1

The first is a direct download for $15. The second is $30 + shipping.
I have not reviewed these myself, but Robert is the third person who has told me that they are very good.

- -- ----- -- -

Thanks for the constant stream of information, Nick!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

1 week later
#197 8 years ago

Hi All,

Ryan Claytor (For Amusement Only T-shirt Artist), here. Just stopping by to give a quick bump for the final days of Nick's T-shirt pre-order, and let everyone know that I posted a series of process images to my website:

http://www.elephanteater.com/11038/

At the link above you'll see the various iterations Nick and I went through during the design process of this shirt, like initial pencils that fell to the cutting room floor...

forAmusementOnlyShirt01.jpgforAmusementOnlyShirt01.jpg

...inks that made it (largely) onto the final shirt...

InksD (1).jpgInksD (1).jpg

...and a whole lot more (like ink corrections, various color possibilities, etc) that I don't have the heart to repost here (there are a LOT more images!!!).

We're both really excited to wear one of these and we hope you are too.

forAmusementOnlyShirtMock.jpgforAmusementOnlyShirtMock.jpg

Finally, here's the pre-order link:

http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/t-shirts

Take care, guys, and thanks for all the support.

GO NICK!!!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#201 8 years ago

And with the release of episode 114, Nick receives his first batch of hate-mail.

I kid.

#205 8 years ago

Different strokes and all. If it's your game, go for it, but my personal thought is that it decreases the playability and thus value of a game for me - especially an EM or Bingo.

I largely agree with you, Nick, but just to spark some friendly discussion and play devil's advocate I thought I might quote someone who is far more in the know than I am. Pinball historian, Gordon Hasse (on his TopCast interview) said that even old woodrails used to play lightning fast straight out of the box. This first-hand viewpoint made me reconsider my thoughts on the sanctity of EM clearcoating.

Just some food for thought.

Keep up the stellar work, Nick!

#206 8 years ago
#208 8 years ago

It's not the speed that bothers me, but the way the ball moves. Changes to the forces exerted on the playfield, not ball speed, are at issue.

As I mentioned in our private conversation, I think we're both pretty deep down the rabbit hole if we're quibbling about lacquer vs clear-coat ball phyics. Ha-ha! Nevertheless, fun to chat about. Also, I'm not saying you're wrong about the glassy/icy effect. ...but it (clear-coat) is something I'm seriously considering to finish off my (eventual) E.M. re-theme.

The fastest of all my games is 50 years old. Age is just a number, Ryan!

That's why it's the first question to all your guests?

Wax will bring ball speed back up as it provides a very thin coat on top of the wood/ink. I'll get to that in a later episode.

In all seriousness, I can't wait. I've never waxed my games before *hangs head* and will be happy to hear some chatter on the issue.

Keep up the greatness, Nick! I love your 'cast. Just like a little ribbing here and there.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

P.S. For anyone interested, with the pre-order now complete, wheels are in motion for FAO T-shirt printing. Woo-hoo!!!

#213 8 years ago

Ryan, note that I mentioned if you are completely repainting your game then a full clearcoat would make sense.

I am progressing this line of questioning out of honest-to-goodness interest, not for a perverse interest in being contrarian.

So, I listened to the CC podcast (and maybe I missed it), but didn't hear why would you change your opinion about CC vs lacquer if it was a repaint jobby? Why not lacquer the same as was factory original?

In more exciting news:

Episode 115 - Interview with Danny Leach

Episode 116 - Interview with Jay Stafford

Man, Nick, sweet interviews. You make me proud to be a small part of your podcast.

Sincerely,
Ryan "For Amusement Only T-shirt Artist" Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#222 8 years ago

Our first call on the bingo line

Thanks for the response, Nick!

#227 8 years ago

Always a blast to hear another Vic interview. Thanks for keepin' up with this rigorous schedule for all of our benefit, Nick!

Nice work,
Ryan

1 week later
#238 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The man, the myth...

Does this mean you pulled the trigger on an EM?

Go Tay-tay,
Ryan

#241 8 years ago

I pick mine up tomorrow. *excite!!*

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I pick mine up tomorrow. *excite!!*

Got it!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Let's see some more photographic evidence! Vic, Taylor, I'm lookin' at you guys!

#245 8 years ago

Someone's gotta tell me what to shoot for, right?

1 week later
#268 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

FAO representing

So happy to see this!

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I got my shirt, and I got my bingo.

It's an FAO revolution.

#274 8 years ago

Had a really fun day yesterday...

Way cool! Looking forward to the extended report of your new acquisitions. Also, lookin' good, Vic!

#275 8 years ago

Happy Sesquicentennial, Nick!

--------

Episode 150 - Multiball

Bally reintroduced the world to multiball through Balls-a-Poppin in 1956.
They continued to produce multiball machines throughout the remainder of the EM era.

--------

...still recovering from Jersey, huh?

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Nick,
It was my pleasure to have met you in person and spend the day (12 hours) doing the EM pinball and bingo pinball thing and getting to know you better. You are a special person with a strong passion for the EM pins especially the bingos. I wish you lived closer so we could spend more memorable times like the one we shared on Friday. Hopefully you interest,love and passion for the EM's continues throughout your lifetime. Thanks for the kind words and also for being such a great asset to the pinball hobby. Looks like that awesome condition Gay Time is going to a happy owner...

Is it just me, or is this the coolest thread on Pinside? Now I want to live on the East coast.

#281 8 years ago

Also...

-----

Episode 151 - Flip Flags

Flip Flags are a unique feature found on only 3 Bally machines, beginning with Wizard! in 1975.
The EM Dungeon did a treatise on this topic all the way back in episode 6 of the Spooky Pinball Podcast.
A fun feature that was obliterated with the rise of solid state.

-----

#293 8 years ago

Episode 152 - Interview with Charles Rowland

Quoted from Pinball_Muggle:

Way cool interview

Agreed! Great stories!! Thanks to Chuck, from your listeners.

#301 8 years ago

FIRST! (On page 7)

#310 8 years ago

My first test game, when I wasn't really trying, I got a 5-in-a-line! I've been unable to replicate this feat thus far.

Congrats! Sounds like you need to stop trying.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Not sure if this has been posted here:
» Vimeo video

Agreed! Very interesting vid! Thanks for sharing!

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Nick caught red handed fixing non EM games. busted.

At least he was making a passive pitch to the solid state crowd with that shirt. Taylor, I see you opted for TPP's red version. Also some respectable finery. I chose the dark brown (not to be confused with the poo brown).

#327 8 years ago

Just ran across this google-archived Billboard magazine from the 50's while doing a search for old bowlers. Looks like they feature everything from record-players to kiddie rides, carnival games (High Striker) to juke boxes, and even a balloon-o-mat(!??!). But around page 63 you start seeing ads for EM pinball machines, gun games, bowlers and BINGOS (pg 70).

https://books.google.com/books?id=zxkEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA68&lpg=PA68&dq=%22Mystic+Bowler%22&source=bl&ots=h7ZVp8SGrz&sig=enQUnn6SnlAuII5CZX1F9TLLthw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAmoVChMI3tzXmpO6xwIVRxGSCh3n2Aep#v=onepage&q=%22Mystic%20Bowler%22&f=false

Thought the folks on this thread might enjoy poking through here.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Knowing Nick finally got me to take the dive into the EM pool.

Looks like you might have to add a new GOTTLIEB bumper sticker to that daddy-van, Taylor. Welcome to the mellow side of the hobby.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I will post some pictures soon of the Blue Chip....

Please do, Vic! I'd love to see it.

#364 8 years ago

Wow, what a beauty. I'm guessing this is sold by now.

#371 8 years ago

That unit to the upper left of the replay register, and below the relay bank at the top left, is the randomizer. Pretty neat unit - has a bi-directional motor!

I feel a podcast comin' on!

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Question is: What in line win numbers pays out this max amount of replays to the player and what features does the player need to accomplish this max payout win on each machine?

Hi Vic,

I've been following Nick's podcast development over the past few months, as have you. I've really enjoyed your couple of interviews, your first-hand knowledge of Bingos in their original habitat, and the enthusiasm and knowledge you obviously bring to the hobby.

I took a peek at your quiz a couple posts back, and I'll be honest, it gets over my head. So, I wasn't gonna take a stab at it. I could blindly guess at some features (red letter, 4 as 5, etc.) but I really have zero idea...so I didn't chime in.

But the more I thought about it, I figured maybe this could be a learning lesson for me (and maybe others).

Quick Background: I am very interested in Bingo gameplay/strategy/etc and have listened to EVERY one Nick's 174 episodes up to this point in time, however, I don't haven't had much opportunity to play them. In fact, I have only played two games on one Bingo machine in my entire life. The one opportunity I had was a month or so ago at the Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame. A Bally Miss America:

IMG_6076.JPGIMG_6076.JPG

IMG_6074.JPGIMG_6074.JPG

IMG_6075.JPGIMG_6075.JPG

It was a confusing experience, not really understanding what scored and when, plus the cabinet was one of those mammoth ones with the payout hopper that extend down to the floor like the old horse racing games, so even putting all my weight into it I was unable to nudge AT ALL (and I'm not a slight guy).

IMG_6077a.jpgIMG_6077a.jpg

It really felt like that machine was made of concrete. To top it off, I had my wife and buddy with me asking me questions I couldn't answer and wondering aloud why anyone would pump their money into this glorified plink-o machine. (Their words, not mine.) Heh-heh. *sigh*

PriceIsRightPlinko.JPGPriceIsRightPlinko.JPG

With all that said, I know there is physical strategy (plunge speed, nudging, blocker balls, etc), and I know there is a lot of control you can take as you progress through a game, depending on the title (magic corners, mystic lines, magic screens, multi-cards...I swear, I've been listening), but when it comes to how the odds work and what the various options do to increase those odds and how exactly to read the backglass, I'm pretty fuzzy. I understand the backglass essentially outlines how you want to play the game, but honestly it gets a little info-overload for me and I'm not sure how to interpret it.

So there you go. I'm largely ignorant, but willing to learn. Looking forward to being educated.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor

#396 8 years ago

For the curious, here's a little video on the Gay Time
» YouTube video

Fascinating and educational video, Nick. So, on Gay Time, each time you insert a nickel it awards you an increase in odds OR features...randomly? Is that right?

REEEALLY wish I could make it to the York show to try out Bingo row in person. Such a unique show highlight! *jealous*

#407 8 years ago

Good luck with Bingo Row, Nick!!! Man, I really wish I could make the York show. Your podcasts are doing a great job of making me jealous. Enjoy.

- -- --|-- -- -

Just a heads-up to the fellow bingo followers. Vic's got a couple more bingos (from the lot, I'm assuming) up on Mr. P Classies today.

Good luck with the sales, Vic!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cypress Gardens (bingo), 1958 Bally: $350
Here we have another fully working and plug and play bingo. The features include magic turning corners, magic E moving E line and stop and shop game. Backglass 7. Cabinet is painted solid yellow throughout 7. Playfield 9. Pictures available to serious buyers.
Vic Camp
[email protected], Millington, New Jersey
Palm Springs (bingo), 1953 Bally: $350
This early woodrail bingo is in nice condition with some touch up painting done but original design. The features include "hold" odd numbers or even numbers, select a spot numbers and 4 corners. Backglass 7+. Cabinet 7+. Playfield 9. Fully working and plug and play. Pictures available to serious buyers.
Vic Camp
[email protected], Millington, New Jersey

2 weeks later
#471 8 years ago

a mannikin boxer in a three dimensional boxing ring in the upper middle of the playfield!

SUCH a cool playfield toy!!! I'm lucky enough to have seen this in person. That tiny knock-down never gets old.

#477 8 years ago

Happy anniversary and congrats to the first pinball podcast to hit the milestone 200th episode.

Great work, Nick!

#484 8 years ago

The bingo pinball community is a special one, and I am proud to be a small part of it.

Amen, brother! I have a feeling you'll be listed among those aforementioned luminaries before too awfully long.

#491 8 years ago

Episode 204 - Williams Same Player Shoots Again

This was fascinating to hear about. As an owner of only 2 EM's (both Williams) I wasn't aware of an alternate method. Makes me glad I chose Williams'.

1 week later
#501 8 years ago

Go, Nick, Go in Bingo Row!!! Wish I could be there!

#502 8 years ago

For anyone else following this thread, I've been in brief contact with Nick. I managed to coax a few images out of him after set-up last night. I imagine he'll update with more when he has a moment, but for the time being here is some excitement from Bingo Row and the 2015 York Show (happening RIGHT NOW!!! http://www.theyorkshow.com/ ):

IMG_8855.JPGIMG_8855.JPG

IMG_8854.jpgIMG_8854.jpg

IMG_8856.jpgIMG_8856.jpg

IMG_8853.jpgIMG_8853.jpg

#507 8 years ago

Great shot of the Bingo Crew! Sorry to hear about the casualties on the way home, but thanks for posting this write-up! Sounds like a fantastic time! York will definitely be on my radar for 2016!!!

#516 8 years ago

Episode 219 - Listener Spring Question

Adam from the One and Done Pinball Podcast calls in to ask a question about how to determine if a spring needs to be replaced and how to know what kind of spring to order.

Parts catalogs are invaluable for EM games.

#517 8 years ago

Episode 220 - No Vaseline on Motors

Pretty self-explanatory - don't use Vaseline on any motor on an EM. Was used during World War II to keep games going, but hardens into cement! If your game has Vaseline on any motor, it will need to be removed.

#518 8 years ago

Episode 221 - 1975 Bally Mystic Gate

An interesting idea for a new feature on a bingo is incorporated in this 20 hole game: by earning a 'Gate' feature, the player can swing the rebound rubber out of the way and get to the second row of holes easily.

The rest of the game does not look incredibly appealing - it is low-scoring and has no extra ball feature, and no Red Letter game.

1 week later
#537 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Chad located near NJ...?

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Cypress Gardens sold tonight...

Wow, that was fast! ...to Chad?

Regardless, congrats on the sale, Vic!

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here's some pictures I took of the Mystery Scores. On Saturday when I was at the York Show, i took a short break from Bingo Row and snapped a few of the game. Enjoy viewing.
YorkShow2015 031.JPG YorkShow2015 032.JPG

Wow! So incredible and weird! Can you describe game play mechanics a bit?

Thanks for sharing, Vic!

2 weeks later
#565 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just a pic of Nick kicking ass at league night this past Tuesday.

Word on the street is that the league wouldn't allow bingos in the mix. (WHAT!)

"Okay, I'll just massacre you on the flipper games, then." *insert smiley Nick face*

1 week later
#576 8 years ago

Episode 258 - My Troubleshooting Technique

Worked for me!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme

Great to have your process documented! Thanks for this thorough outline, Nick!

2 weeks later
#607 8 years ago

Interview with Adam Godfrey

Fun interview, guys. Neat to get hear from another EM newb (like myself) getting into the hobby and learning the (not-so)daunting task of EM repair.

Quick note: Thanks for the credit, Adam, but it was not me who told you to wax the dickens out of your playfield. While it might be a fine idea, the idea was not mine. I think we were working on playfield cleaning right around the same time, though:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme/page/3#post-2626388

Finally, all the best with your secret project. I listened to a few of your secrets today.

Best,
Ryan

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Add the two United 'Rodeos' to the list and that's pretty much it for cowboy themed bingos. My one card Rodeo is the only one I have ever seen. It is not listed in any United game lists. The serial number is 1003, so there were probably at least 3 built. Unfortunately, my backglass is cracked. If anyone else has this game or knows of one, please contact me. Thanks!
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=rodeo&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#6209

Wow, how cool. Thanks for all your photos on IPDB, Dennis!

#622 8 years ago

Another interesting title. Thanks off those image links, Nick! Very handy.

#626 8 years ago

And thank you Ryan - special thanks to you for suggesting that I link the info to the games in the show notes.

What can I say? I appreciate others catering to my laziness.

Keep up the tremendous work with the show, Nick.

#628 8 years ago

1954 Bally Surf Club

More one-handed water skiing! Ha-ha! Love the odds integration in the environment on the backglass.

2 weeks later
#644 8 years ago

In case anyone is wondering what said shirt will look like, here's the mock-up:

forAmusementOnlyShirtMock_(resized).jpgforAmusementOnlyShirtMock_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#659 8 years ago

Just a final reminder:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...here's the mock-up:

FAOShirts_(resized).jpgFAOShirts_(resized).jpg

This is the last day to order your For Amusement Only T-shirts. I illustrated 'em. Nick did the real work of making it past the 300 episode mark. I just want to drum-up as many orders for him as possible. Here's a link with an order form:

http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-313-1960-bally-touchdown

Thanks, guys!
Ryan

#660 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just a final reminder...

Woopsies...looks like Nick and I had the same idea. Pardon the double-post.

3 weeks later
#719 8 years ago

Sort of minimalist in its art package, but pretty cool looking (art package...I'd imagine the gameplay kills the bingo community). Not many space-themed bingos, though. Are there any others?

Finally hit the corners on my Gay Time

That's pretty epic! Musta felt great.

#726 8 years ago

Episode 350 - Multiple Plays for One Coin

What if the game you purchased accepted nickels from the factory, but you want to put it on route and collect quarters to match other games that you may have in various locations?

You have to add extra switches or change adjustments to accept the new denomination.

If you wish to just do a one-for-one coin exchange, you just change out the coin mech, but if you want to provide some extra value for higher denominations, you have to add additional circuitry. This gets more complex in Bally bingos, since you have multiple systems that are already working together in the start circuit.

Read more at http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-350-multiple-plays-for-one-coin

#727 8 years ago

Another milestone! Congrats on episode #350, Nick!

Enjoy the bittersweet march toward 365. I'd imagine you'll never do something this crazy (a daily podcast???) again in your life. Thanks for takin' us all on the educational ride with you.

#736 8 years ago

Chicago Coin Rapid Transit Restoration:

What a gorgeous machine!

Ryan Claytor's Latest Pinball Artwork:

Thanks for the mention, Nick! Very cool of you.

For anyone interested, here's a comprehensive list of my Pinball Artwork:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10761

#741 8 years ago

Nick's out of town but episides are still appearing.

"Episode 361 - Bingo Modifications

I'm not big on after-factory modifications with few exceptions, but these are very interesting. Also, I saw LEDs used in a way behind a very faded backglass that appeared to work well!

Bingo Chime Units:

ebay.com link: New Old Stock Bally Bingo Game Sound Chime Kit with Add on Factory Kit

Chris Howard's "Golden Gates" - truly masterul!

http://www.ballybingo.co.uk/Golden%20Gates.html

Read more at http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/size/2#F9U5cZgYtwcrJTRT.99"

#746 8 years ago

Congrats on the march toward 365! Bitter-sweet for us, your listeners; A bummer to not have you a part of my daily drive, but anxious to hear what you have in store.

#751 8 years ago

Congratulations on making it through a year of DAILY(!??!) podcasts. My land.

A big thank you to my wife for illustrating the Episode 365 artwork!

Looks great! So cool of her to do that for you.

Lastly, I've been working on a bingo emulator, fully programmed to change between Bally bingos.

You go, mad scientist! Sounds like a crazy-ambitious project. Can't wait to experience it some day.

#752 8 years ago

Well, crap.

#753 8 years ago

This wasn't supposed to happen.

#754 8 years ago

Pardon this inadvertent quadruple post. (A Pinside record? Mods, feel free to delete this and the previous two entries. )

#757 8 years ago

First morning in the past year w/o a FAO in the morning. Weird! Good luck on that ambitious project and enjoy the recording break, Nick!

-Ryan

2 weeks later
#768 8 years ago

The illumination effect is not super great, yet... but I am ready to move on.

Let's fix that.

1 week later
#774 8 years ago

Lookin' great, Nick! Keep up the amazing work.

4 months later
#792 7 years ago

Episode 376 - Interview with Steve Young 8-7-16

Wow! Nice get. Looking forward to listening!

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I'm planning on it.

Any chance you'll be adding another Bingo to the row this year, Vic?

please.gifplease.gif

2 weeks later
#803 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Any chance you'll be adding another Bingo to the row this year, Vic?

Yisssss!!!

I can't believe this might be bigger than last year. I'm so excited to experience "The Row" first-hand and be a very small part of it, even if only in illustration:

BingoRowMock.jpgBingoRowMock.jpg

Really looking forward to meeting the bingo guys I've heard from and about on Nick's podcast.

P.S. Only a week and a half remaining to secure your own Bingo Row shirt (pre-order ends Sept. 7th, 2016):

http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/bingo-row-t-shirts-for-the-2016-york-show

1 year later
#842 6 years ago

Boy, do I feel like a heal. Can't believe I missed a chance to publicly congratulate you on 400 EPISODES (!??!). That is just...an astonishing accomplishment. As is your progress on the multi, and all the other stuff you do (Robo Frenzy, pin repair, coming to the rescue of many community members etc etc etc). Keep up the great work on all fronts...maybe just at a more reasonable pace. We wanna keep you around for a while.

#849 6 years ago

See if you can name all the bingo card styles represented!

Can I play?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
1,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-podcast-with-an-em-and-bingo-focus-for-amusement-only?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.