20230415_073957 (resized).jpg
20230415_071753 (resized).jpg
20230414_171603 (resized).jpg
20230414_175759 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220103_140954934 (resized).jpg
20190524_162105 (resized).jpg
20190524_162039 (resized).jpg
20190524_161419 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisdodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#454 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Muggle:

I believe it was Keith that found a half dozen (or more) of these NIB Tahiti's a bunch of years ago. After several price drops (think it got down to 300 - or below) it still took a long while to move them. Likely the most unpopular bingo ever made. ... "Run away - Run away"

Second worst in my book Steve. Miss Universe wins hands down. 18 hole. 3 balls. Run away even faster!

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Episode 193 - 1956 United Caravan
I forgot one! And it's the one that I'm most excited about - a game I've made a deal on to pick up at York - 1956's Caravan by United.
Way too many ways to win, gorgeous artwork, and the unique United moving numbers feature.
What an excellent game.
Confirmed for Saturday at York!

My first bingo was a Caravan. Sitting 10 feet away from me as I type this. Another Caravan is sitting at my son's house. He grew up playing it and it is also a favorite of his.
I love the United features. So many ways to win. The Roto. Diagonal Lines. The art is incredible. Check out the Molentin art on the Manhattan bingo AND the Manhattan pinball. It doesn't get any better than that.
It's hard to describe, but the United bingos have a certain "feel" to them. The front rails are more comfortable than the Bally bingos. The whole game seems more solid. And the sound is much more pleasant. Plus most United bingos are still in great shape. They did not see much street use. At least in my area. Way too easy to win. Extra balls are almost a given.
Now I'm going to go play it.

2 months later
#616 8 years ago

Wow, Vic - thanks! I'll add this info to tonight's episode. I had no idea that the cards score separately, but that makes sense based on the green button selector feature.
Very cool game. This and Bonanza are the only two cowboy-themed bingos that I know of offhand.

Add the two United 'Rodeos' to the list and that's pretty much it for cowboy themed bingos. My one card Rodeo is the only one I have ever seen. It is not listed in any United game lists. The serial number is 1003, so there were probably at least 3 built. Unfortunately, my backglass is cracked. If anyone else has this game or knows of one, please contact me. Thanks!
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=rodeo&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#6209

#618 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow, how cool. Thanks for all your photos on IPDB, Dennis!

You're very welcome.

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Add the two United 'Rodeos' to the list and that's pretty much it for cowboy themed bingos. My one card Rodeo is the only one I have ever seen. It is not listed in any United game lists. The serial number is 1003, so there were probably at least 3 built. Unfortunately, my backglass is cracked. If anyone else has this game or knows of one, please contact me. Thanks!
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=rodeo&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#6209

I forgot to mention that Bally's Palm Beach bingo from 1952 is similar to the United one card Rodeo.
http://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/palm_beach/dade.html

#623 8 years ago

Dennis, thank you for that info! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Rodeo glass and I'll announce you're looking on the show in case someone knows someone with one.

Thanks Nick! Keep up the great work.

2 years later
#860 6 years ago

Episode 414 - Williams Line Drive, Robo-Frenzy Wiring, 1935 Pamco Roto Lite
I finished working on a '72 Williams "Line Drive". Well, enough to play, but the crowd doesn't go wild!
Next, I talk a little bit about what I've been working on on Robo-Frenzy. Lots more to come.
Finally, I go over 1935's Pamco "Roto Lite". This is an excellent example of how forward-thinking Don Hooker was, and how he was already making his mark on the industry in the 1930s!
Thank you to Dennis for the suggestion!
Read more at http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/#TvlDIsQqZgDhUjoV.99

Nice job as usual Nick. Especially the Roto Lite part.

6 months later
#883 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Nick. We all had a great time. Looking forward to our next visit. Probably York. Keep up the great work! (But Jesus, take a break now and then!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

1,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 89.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisdodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-podcast-with-an-em-and-bingo-focus-for-amusement-only?tu=dennisdodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.