20230415_073957 (resized).jpg
20230415_071753 (resized).jpg
20230414_171603 (resized).jpg
20230414_175759 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220103_140954934 (resized).jpg
20190524_162105 (resized).jpg
20190524_162039 (resized).jpg
20190524_161419 (resized).jpg
There are 958 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 9 years ago

Episode 33 - Phil Hooper Interview 4/5/15

I interview Phil Hooper, creator and maintainer of http://bingo.cdyn.com, the Internet's source for technical information on Bally and United bingos.

Phil conducted this interview on 4/5/15 via email.

#52 9 years ago

I caught up on a few episodes on my Monday commute. Wow, that email interview with Phil was great! I was wondering how that was going to translate from email to podcast form when I read the episode description, but he was smart, witty and informative. The episode was a pleasure to listen to! Thank you for conducting that interview.

Keep up the great work, Nick!

#53 9 years ago

Episode 34 - Gigi and EM Adjustments

Another new pickup! Gigi described - gameplay to follow after I shop it.

I describe how to perform adjustments on an EM game.

#54 9 years ago

Episode 35 - Clark Fraley Interview 4/12/15

I talk with my friend Clark Fraley, who is a technician for an operator. Clark has been with me on a couple of pick ups now, and is a great guy to boot.

Interviewed after we moved my new bingo and played for a bit. I hope to have him on again soon(ish) to discuss his upcoming acquisition!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

...his upcoming acquisition!

Do tell!

#57 9 years ago

CLIFFHANGER!!!

...I won't spoil it for the rest of your listeners.

#58 9 years ago

Episode 36 - Ticker Tape Gameplay and Gigi Status

Description of the gameplay of the 6 card Bally Ticker Tape and the current status of my project Gigi.

#59 9 years ago

Episode 37 - TILT

Bzzzzt! What makes the machine tilt? There are many tilt innovations that occurred after the 30s (when the plumb bob tilt mechanism was invented), and several interesting tilt innovations in Bally's bingos.

#60 9 years ago

Episode 38 - Ball Arch Cleaning

Cleaning the ball arch on a metal rail EM is important, though no one but you will ever know! Change those hidden arch bulbs!

#61 9 years ago

Episode 39 - Arcing

Arcing in a pinball machine - sometimes unavoidable, almost always bad. Why it happens, how to stop it, and how to look for it.

Also: Our first listener question answered on the air!

#62 9 years ago

Episode 40 - Ticker Tape Hacks

... and how I reversed them. Also hear about the hack that wasn't a hack.

#63 9 years ago

Episode 41 - For Whom the Bell Tolls

Older pinball machines used bells as the only sound (aside from the coils and noises of the machine).

#64 9 years ago

There was a Firepower used as a prop on Dancing with the Stars tonight. It, of course, made chime sounds. *LOL*

#65 9 years ago

I just started watching Daredevil on Netflix. In the second or third episode, there's a Stern Mustang, which plays chime sounds every time it is in the frame, regardless of if it has any players on it.

I've never heard chime attract sounds before...

#66 9 years ago

Episode 42 - Ding Ding Ding

Chime boxes in EMs - everyone has an opinion and a preference, and I'm no exception.

#67 9 years ago

Episode 43 - Interview with James Willing 4/21/15

Interview with the EM Dungeonmaster himself, James Willing from the Spooky Pinball Podcast.

#68 9 years ago

Episode 44 - 1937 World Series by Rockola

Rockola was a jukebox manufacturer, and got into pin games (along with every other company, it seems) in the 1930s. During this decade, they produced one of the most beautiful, elegant games ever created.

Check out the video I reference here:

#69 9 years ago

. . . Check out the video I reference here: » YouTube video

#70 9 years ago

Episode 45 - Gigi Gameplay

My partially parted out Gigi project is now working! I detail the gameplay and fun with Gottlieb coin circuits (they hate me).

#71 9 years ago

Check out the video I reference here:

...seriously. I had dreams about this piece after watching the video. What a mechanical masterpiece! Thanks for highlighting it, Nick.

#72 9 years ago

Episode 46 - Interview with Vic Camp - 4/25/15

Vic Camp (the passionate bingo pinball player and collector) sits down with me to talk about his time playing bingos on route in New Jersey.

#73 9 years ago

I'm really enjoying the shows. Keep up the good work. Makes me want to buy a bingo!

#74 9 years ago

Thank you Angus - the encouragement certainly helps!
Bingos are fantastic games, as I hope you're hearing.

#76 8 years ago

Man, that Vic Camp interview was great. I never really gave much thought to bingos before, but now I really want to try one.

#77 8 years ago

Thanks jeffpm! Episode 47 drops in a few minutes.

#78 8 years ago

Episode 47 - A Listener Question

A listener asks a multi-part question regarding purchasing advice for a new bingo.

Remember in the Vic Camp interview, Episode 46, that Vic is offering a free bingo project at the Allentown show. It is missing a couple of minor parts (some bulbs, a button, and a couple of coils). It's a Night Club http://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/night_club/

There will also be a Bikini on sale in the flea market, which is a desirable magic screen game. I have not seen pictures, but am told that it is 90% working (I would expect something simple like random tilts or a feature doesn't work properly all of the time, but I don't know for sure). Seller is a nice guy.

I won't be there this year, but hope that there are some bingos that find new homes.

#79 8 years ago

Episode 48 - EM Backglass Preservation

If this one sounds like it stops abruptly, that's because I'm sleepy, and it's a two-parter! How to care for your backglass if it has deteriorated (flaking, missing art, etc).

#80 8 years ago

Episode 49 - Bingo Backglass Preservation

Pt. 2 after last episode's cliffhanger.  I discuss issues relating to Bally bingo backglass deterioration.

#81 8 years ago

Keeping with the theme of screwing up:

Episode 50 - Some of My Mistakes

I have done some stupid things since I've been refurbing games. Here are some of my favorite stories about how dumb I am.

I meant to release this tomorrow, but can't read a calendar, obviously.

#82 8 years ago

Episode 43 - Interview with James Willing 4/21/15
Interview with the EM Dungeonmaster himself, James Willing from the Spooky Pinball Podcast.

Great interview!

#83 8 years ago

Happy 50th, Nick!

robinhood.gifrobinhood.gif

#84 8 years ago

Thanks for the podcast Nick, it has convinced me that I need a Bally Bingo - anyone in SoCal have one for sale?

#85 8 years ago

i can't keep up..

Congrats on 50, you are a bingo beast.

#86 8 years ago

Thanks everyone! Glad you're all enjoying it. Reminder: no episode tonight as you got a double dose last night.

#87 8 years ago

Episode 51 - Mouse Leavings

Nothing beats the feeling of picking up a new project! I tend to get some pretty rough games (cause I'm cheap). The furry or fecal surprises inside must be removed - even under the transformer board!

#88 8 years ago

The Vic Camp interview was also outstanding. I've been wanting to make a trip to see his collection when he opens it up but now I feel that it should be a priority!

#89 8 years ago

Thanks btw75.

Tonight's episode is a short 'un.

Episode 52 - Flame Broiled Glass

Using tempered glass for your playfield is important. Not just for your own safety, but that of your guests as well.

#90 8 years ago

Episode 53 - Waterlogged Cabinetry

How to fix some basic problems with cabinets and another thing which could be dangerous if not corrected.

Also: an interesting bingo at Allentown!

I have another super interview scheduled for tomorrow morning. I will hopefully be releasing tomorrow night.

In other news, Ticker Tape continues to kick my butt. I haven't won more than 44 replays on it thus far! Gameplay is so quick and easy, I am really enjoying it (just wish I was good enough to win).

#91 8 years ago

Episode 54 - Tandem Interview - Jeffrey Lawton and Steve Smith 5-3-15

Interview with Jeffrey Lawton, the pre-eminent bingo technician, and has been working on bingos for many many years. He is also the man that wrote the books - Bally Bingo Pinball Machines, and The Bingo Pinball War (Bally vs. United). You can find these books on Amazon, or buy directly from Jeffrey at the York show!

Steve Smith and I sat down and talked about bingos and working on games, and did a bit of storytelling.

#92 8 years ago

Episode 54 - Tandem Interview - Jeffrey Lawton and Steve Smith 5-3-15
Interview with Jeffrey Lawton, the pre-eminent bingo technician, and has been working on bingos for many many years. He is also the man that wrote the books - Bally Bingo Pinball Machines, and The Bingo Pinball War (Bally vs. United). You can find these books on Amazon, or buy directly from Jeffrey at the York show!
Steve Smith and I sat down and talked about bingos and working on games, and did a bit of storytelling.

I really enjoyed this podcast with Jeffrey Lawton as the special guest.

These podcasts are a way to expose the bingo pinball machines to everyone that thought they might be interested in one.Hopefully he will be on soon again. Thanks Nick and Steve.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Thanks Nick and Steve.

Also, kudos to you, Vic, for making the podcast rounds this month. I enjoyed hearing your stories on both Spooky and For Amusement Only. Keep up the great work in the hobby.

P.S. Did anyone pick up your Night Club this past weekend? Was really wishing I was closer when you announced that.

Take care,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#94 8 years ago

Thank you Vic! I'm looking in forward to talking to everyone again! Hope you had a great time at Allentown and Night-Club found a great home.

Did you play that oddball Single Coin?

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Also, kudos to you, Vic, for making to podcast rounds this month. I enjoyed hearing your stories on both Spooky and For Amusement Only. Keep up the great work in the hobby.
P.S. Did anyone pick up your Night Club this past weekend? Was really wishing I was closer when you announced that.
Take care,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

I didn't get anyone to take the Night Club since i offered it up for free.
Sooner or later the right person will end up with the game. Timing is everything.

#96 8 years ago

That's a shame Vic, but you never know, I may make my way up North...

#97 8 years ago

Episode 55 - Cabinet Repaints

My process for repainting cabinets, stolen shamelessly from Steve Smith. The correct amount of overspray, webbing and spatter are key.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Sooner or later the right person will end up with the game.

I may make my way up North...

This needs to happen.

#99 8 years ago

Episode 56 - Cleaning a Cabinet

You've bought the stinky filthy game of your dreams. Now what? Follow the advice of episode 51, and then do this. Your olfactory sense will thank you.

Elbow grease is the best kind of grease!

This is the last in my series of quick cabinet rejuvenation episodes.

#100 8 years ago

Episode 57 - Rectifiers

Later EMs from all the major manufacturers used DC power to drive certain coils.

Did you know that Genco games from the late 30s also did the same? And earlier games can be modified to use DC power, after transforming what comes from the wall.

This episode is all about the technology that allows this to happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

1,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 958 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-podcast-with-an-em-and-bingo-focus-for-amusement-only/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.