Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by sckurk
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hillbilly Pinball is the new place to get new and used parts for your pinball machine. We are currently still getting everything loaded onto our web store. So if you need something that is not listed feel free to give us a call.

Have you ever needed a part and ordered it. It's supposed to be in stock, yet it takes 2wks to receive it. We believe if you have the merchandise it should be shipped immediately. Not a week later. We have been there. That is just one of the reasons we have opened our store. If it is in stock it will ship within 1 business day. We are a family owned business not some huge corporation. So if you call you will be talking to the owners. Not someone down the line that has only interest in a paycheck. We have always believed that everyone should be treated as a friend, that you just haven't meet yet.

Another reason we are opening Hillbilly Pinball is ridiculous shipping charges. Most places have shipping calculators. And you may only order a small item that costs a buck to ship. But you end up paying $10-$15 for shipping. Right now we are doing separate shipping charges. Once the items are packaged for shipping. The items will be measured and weighed. The shipping cost will be exactly what the shipping is.

We look forward to doing business with you in the future. Thank you Hillbilly Pinball www.hillbillypinball.com 865-828-4609

#2 10 years ago

Sounds great, keep us posted and good luck.

#3 10 years ago

We will try to keep everyone updated. It is very time consuming getting everything in stock and then listed. Just keep us in mind if you ever need anything.

#4 10 years ago

Just had a look at your website. Cant see place to contact you via email. I realize you are still working on the site but want to email you list of parts & part numbers that are not yet on your site

#5 10 years ago

You Can Email me @ [email protected]. Email Me a list and I will let you know. Thanks

#6 10 years ago

A small suggestion for your site.. why not offer to buy parts as well as sell? Never really see anyone do that.. you could set it up that people contact you with what they have, give them an idea of what you will pay, have them send in for inspection so you can verify condition..

You might come across someone with a barn full of pinballs and parts that has no idea what to do with them, and then we have access to buy them..

Just a thought..

Best of luck on the site, hope some cool stuff comes alone!

#7 10 years ago

I do need to put on the site About that. I buy a lot of pinball machines I also have a lot of used parts. Thanks

#8 10 years ago

Sounds like a great alternative to some of the other parts places (*cough* Mad Amusements). Mark is a great guy. Buy with confidence.

#9 10 years ago

Really, advertising?

#10 10 years ago

Maybe it's just me but I couldn't get *anything* to show up on your site. It would go to the various sub-directories ok but then there would be nothing available. And I was interested to see what pinball parts would show up under "fluorescent" or "xenon" lights...

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Maybe it's just me but I couldn't get *anything* to show up on your site.

I could not get a single item to show up either.

It appears to be completely empty.

#12 10 years ago

same here, empty...

#13 10 years ago

If you type a random letter in the search box a list of things do come up... but then I have the problem of the items not scrolling in the center html box... I think I'll let this site simmer a little more - a tad undercooked at the moment.
    May just be "site maintenance" - but right after announcing it?

#14 10 years ago

Give this site a chance guys. It states on the front page site is still under construction. "IF" you need something that is not yet listed call them direct phone number is posted on the site (simple phone call). For those who have never set up a website, much less a store it is very time consuming. If he is doing it or if someone else is doing it for him. Everything has to be typed in, pictures have to be put on. They could still be adding things a month or two from now. Give it a chance to grow, it appears he wants to inform everyone that it will be up and running soon. I looked at the site and found several items. There is a little editing that needs to be done on the search tab, but it shouldn't be a big deal because under construction means under construction (meaning it is in the process of being built, just like a home it has to be built from the dirt up; same goes for a website/store).

Look forward to seeing what this site bring. I personally will be patiently waiting.....Keep up the good work Markpin2013

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from PB-AT-HEART:

Give this site a chance guys. It states on the front page site is still under construction. "IF" you need something that is not yet listed call them direct phone number is posted on the site (simple phone call). For those who have never set up a website, much less a store it is very time consuming. If he is doing it or if someone else is doing it for him. Everything has to be typed in, pictures have to be put on. They could still be adding things a month or two from now. Give it a chance to grow, it appears he wants to inform everyone that it will be up and running soon. I looked at the site and found several items. There is a little editing that needs to be done on the search tab, but it shouldn't be a big deal because under construction means under construction (meaning it is in the process of being built, just like a home it has to be built from the dirt up; same goes for a website/store).
    Look forward to seeing what this site bring. I personally will be patiently waiting.....Keep up the good work Markpin2013

Good thing you signed up today to promote

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

good thing you signed up today to promote

I just found out about this forum site as well as a few other sites about pinball. So yes I just ENROLLED TODAY, but that really is non of your business. Just like the day you enrolled you enrolled for the purpose of sharing and learning. I have read over a lot of things in this forum and it has a lot of good information in general. I checked out his website and I voice my opinion it's called my FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

If you type a random letter in the search box a list of things do come up... but then I have the problem of the items not scrolling in the center html box... I think I'll let this site simmer a little more - a tad undercooked at the moment.
    May just be "site maintenance" - but right after announcing it?

The above post about sums it up.
    Looks to become a great resource for parts, but the site is not ready for prime time just yet.

#18 10 years ago

Best of luck! Nice to have a somewhat close place to get parts. I usually go to the Bristol TN or sometimes all the way to SC to Happs office or Brady in Charlotte NC. Let me know when I can come check it out.

Buddy

#19 10 years ago

I found a part! http://www.hillbillypinball.com/bawiredledfl.html

do I win a prize?

on a more serious note, if you're going to "launch" a site like this AND promote it here, you might want to have it at least set up to the point where you have a good number of items available for sale and the site actually works, otherwise you're going to get comments like those already made.

Quoted from PB-AT-HEART:

I just found out about this forum site as well as a few other sites about pinball. So yes I just ENROLLED TODAY, but that really is non of your business.

also, this is not the best way to respond. whysnow's comment may have sounded a bit rude, but snapping back is not the way that you'll make friends and/or customers here.

so, let's all just take a step back, take a breath and start over

#20 10 years ago

Mark is a good guy. I have bought several machines from him in the past. Always easy and a pleasure to work with.

Give the website some time. They are working hard to make it good and give us another option for buying parts.

I spoke with him a few days ago and he is determined to get the items that everybody needs and hopefully at a better price!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from PB-AT-HEART:

I just found out about this forum site as well as a few other sites about pinball. So yes I just ENROLLED TODAY, but that really is non of your business. Just like the day you enrolled you enrolled for the purpose of sharing and learning. I have read over a lot of things in this forum and it has a lot of good information in general. I checked out his website and I voice my opinion it's called my FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT!

1) discussion of stuff like "first amendment rights" isn't allowed on pinside...

2) you have ZERO first amendment rights here...

just as a fyi... posters who just sign up and initially post about how wonderful a business is are generally regarded as shills/spammers, with good reason...

so chill... you aren't doing the op any favors...

to the op... good luck with the new business... we can always use another vendor...

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from PB-AT-HEART:

Yes, up keeping a website is very time consuming indeed! I have one for my parts business, but I would rather use eBay, or sometimes pinside for my marketing because it is much easier....... I also set up booths at the pinball shows to spread advertising, meet new trade partners, etc.

#23 10 years ago

Nice to have another site to go to for used/can't find anywhere parts, but for your big announcement, you should have waited before you were fully ready to go live with the website and your inventory.

Bump it again when everything is there, I would love to see what you have.

10 months later
    #24 9 years ago

Ok, so I wasn't sure about this store either. I was looking for generic off the shelf VUK's for my pinball project, cheaper the better. Pinball life doesn't really have anything other than an auto shooter. Marco sells Sega VUK's for between $60-$80. Then I search the $60 part number from Marco, hillbilly's site comes up in search, but he's selling a used one for $20. Hey, I don't mind used, so long as it works. I paypal him $20 last night, this morning I already have tracking on my paypal, I'm gonna have the part in 2 days. I have another invoice for $6 for the shipping cost, but he shipped the part first.

I'll post an update of the part condition when it gets here.

#25 9 years ago

I tried to go to the site and it says under construction. Does he have a new site?

#26 9 years ago

He sells his stuff mostly over E-bay under jcs1976. Shows 1422 transactions with 100% feedback so I give it a try. His website sucks "under construction".

#27 9 years ago

i buy quite a bit from him on ebay and find he is a good guy to deal with. Websites arent as easy as they look to set up though.. he's probably too busy working to make a site about working.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

he's probably too busy working to make a site about working

Quoted from Yoski:

His website sucks "under construction".

His website went down right after I placed an order. He says his guy that does his website hasn't updated his parts list in 3 months, so he's looking for someone else to take over.

#29 9 years ago

Bought several times from these guys, some of the nicest people you'll ever deal with.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Venom_249:

Bought several times from these guys, some of the nicest people you'll ever deal with.

Same here, have bought and sold with Mark a number of times. Great guy to deal with!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-parts-store-on-the-web-hillbilly-pinball-wwwhillbillypinballcom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.